What the medias say about it:
« This app really has it all. It’s fun and extremely educational » —I Use This App
« Scott's Submarine adds some new twists to interactive children's books » —TUAW
« Unusual interactive features and visual effects give this undersea jaunt a glossy digital sheen » —Kirkus Reviews
5 stars and an award for "unique book" —Kids Apps Award
« This will be a hit with kids » —GiggleApps
« A cut above the competition? » —Apps for iPads
« Fun and engaging for any little sea explorer » —Digital Storytime
« Each page is a surprise, each page is a delight. » —IDBOOX
Two reading levels
The story offers two levels of reading: one using simple words, for very young children and a second one with a more advanced vocabulary and a longer text.
Fun yet educational
An exclusive functionality brings an educational note to the app: with a simple tap on the screen, you can take pictures of your favorite scenes, which will be stored in the photo album. If a marine animal is visible on a shot, facts about this animal are displayed, with educative text and a real life photo!
The story can be read to you by native speakers, but you can deactivate this option if you want to tell it yourself. You can also disable text display, ambient sounds and music.
4 built-in languages: English, French, Spanish, Japanese.
Search for objects and sea animals
Most pages contain ambient sounds, music and interactive content.
- 37 fully illustrated pages
- 17 sea animal facts with real life photos
- 2 age ratings: 2-3 and 4+
- 4 languages
System requirement: Android 2.2 (arm7)
Info and reviews on Facebook: squareigloo
Follow us on Twitter: @squareigloo
Der Schwerpunkt der App sind Pflanzen in Mitteleuropa incl. Alpen, Zierpflanzen, Zimmerpflanzen. Es sind aber auch viele Mittelmeer-Arten erfasst und zusätzlich wichtige Nutzpflanzen der Erde, wie z. B. Kohlarten, Getreide, Banane, Australischer Teebaum, Sagopalme und viele, viele mehr.
Es gibt auch ein botanisches Quiz mit 150 Fragen, davon 100 Fragen mit Foto. Das Quiz ist unterteilt in einen Lernteil mit allen Fragen und einem Quizteil mit je 20 zufälligen Fragen.
Die App benötigt eine Internet-Verbindung. Für das Quiz werden Updates bereit gestellt, auch für die Datenbank, falls nötig.
L’application officielle dédiée à l’exposition "le voyage de l’obélisque" du 12 février au 6 juillet 2014 présentée au musée national de la Marine vous propose de remonter le temps. Au cœur de l’exposition pour enrichir votre visite, des témoins du voyage vous racontent cette incroyable aventure, à travers de nombreux récits audio.
Cachés derrière des QR code dans l’exposition, des énigmes attendent les jeunes visiteurs qui se voient confier la mission d’aller chercher l’obélisque en Égypte, de le ramener et de l’ériger à Paris, place de la Concorde. A l’issue du jeu, le jeune visiteur immortalise son exploit en se prenant en photo et en la partageant avec ses amis et le musée.
Téléchargez au préalable l’application et rendez-vous au musée.
Conception musée national de la Marine.
Application développée par Blueapps.
- Receive instant messages/alerts from the school
- Email enquiries directly to the school's admin office
- Email absentees directly to the classroom teacher
- View the school location
- Image gallery
- View newsletters
Game lengths of 10, 20, 30, 40 and 50
Online score board
Review previous games to learn from your mistakes
Informational links for most items
Save high resolution images to your photo gallery (requires SD Card)
Share images via email or text (requires SD Card)
Frequently Asked Questions:
Why don't all photos come with the game when I first download it?
There are 3 reasons for this:
- The game would be so big that many people would not download it.
- Devices with larger screens (tablets) should get higher quality pictures and devices with smaller screens (phones) should get smaller pictures. Tablet-sized photos on a phone would just waste space and phone-sized images on a tablet would look fuzzy.
- Images for categories that you are not interested in are not downloaded.
Why is nothing displayed for my rank on the main menu?
You must enable the leader board.
In the gallery, why do some images not show up? The name is there, but the photo is blank.
This happens because there is not an image for that particular item saved to your device. The app will try to download images so that this does not happen, but will fail under any of theses circumstances:
- You have no data connection or a very slow data connection.
- You have disabled image downloads in the settings.
- You are roaming.
- Your device is critically low on storage space.
- All 3 of our image servers are down at the same time.
How are the scores calculated?
Several factors influence your score:
- Percent correct.
- The average time that it took you to answer the questions.
- Length of the game.
- How restrictive your categories are. So, if your categories limit the possible quiz items to a small percentage of the total possible quiz items, you will get a lower score assuming that everything else is equal.
How does the difficulty work?
- On a lower difficulty, you will usually be asked to identify common items.
- On a higher difficulty, you will usually be asked to identify rare items.
- As the difficulty increases, the 3 wrong choices will be more similar to the correct item.
How do the categories work?
Good question. Many people have trouble with this.
Let's consider a game that has 4 categories: cat, dog, large, and small.
If you include cat and dog, you will see everything that is a cat OR is a dog. (This is the same as not selecting any categories, because it shows everything)
If you include cat, you will only see cats.
If you exclude dog, you will only see cats.
If you include cat and large, you will see all cats and also large dogs.
If you exclude large and dog, you will only see small cats.
If you exclude large and small, you will see nothing.
You only want to see large cats:
include cat, and exclude small
include large, and exclude dog
I have been playing challenges and have lost all of my coins. I can't find a way to earn or buy more coins and now I can't play any more challenges. What should I do?
Yes, this a problem. Please just email us and ask for more coins. We will need to know which game it is and also your Scoreloop user name. We could sell more coins, but we don't want to.
NOTE: This app requires an active internet connection.
Created for the National Parks Conservation Association (NPCA), the guide is also full of useful information about each park such as major sites within it, directions, hours and fees, links, and phone numbers to make reservations or get more information.
The NPCA National Parks Field Guides will help you do all sorts of things--- find out what species of bird you just saw on the beach in Cape Cod, learn what grizzly bears eat for dinner in Denali, know when porcupine mating season begins in the Shenandoah or identify the trees you find in Yosemite.
It's comprehensive-- all native birds and animals are included, along with photos, in-depth descriptions, audio, field marks and more. Users can also search for Endangered Species or Poisonous/Dangerous species native to any of the 100 national parks featured.
The 100 parks included are a representative sampling of the hundreds of parks in the national park system that support critical wildlife habitat – from seashores and recreational areas to riverways and historical sites.
Intended for novices and experts alike, the guide’s design and content selection maximize its accessibility and ease-of-use so that users can easily find within the guide the wildlife they are most likely to encounter. No other field guide matches the content and capabilities of this mobile field guide.
The field guide was developed for the National Parks Conservation Association by eNature.com. At the heart of this mobile app is eNature’s comprehensive, geographically segmentable database of U.S. wildlife, both animals and plants. eNature.com’s core content of wildlife information includes almost 6,000 individual species and originated with the same data set used to create the printed Audubon Field Guides. All the data has been carefully reviewed and vetted by leading biologists, zoologists and other natural history specialists. eNature.com has consistently been one of the Internet's most-visited sites for nature and wildlife information and has won numerous awards and accolades.
"I would recommend this app to anyone, whether you’re looking to get certified or just want to brush up on theory and test your knowledge." /scubadiving.com
"Scuba Exam is a fun application, well thought out and well written. [...] An excellent study aid and great to brush up your knowledge." /scubadiverlife.com
- Featured in Macworld Australia #1 2011
- Featured in X-Ray Magazine #40
- Recommended by Asian Diver magazine
- As seen on CNET Australia's "Friday App Wrap"
- "100% !!! - This app is fantastic, I had a few plays before my open water final exam & scored 100%. It allowed me to review the incorrect answers in the manual until I understood. This makes me feel so much more confident & relaxed in the water. Buy it now!"
- "6 years since I've dived and this app has helped prepare for my refresher course"
- "Great App - Great app to test yourself prior to taking the certification test."
- "Wonderfully helpful - A must for diving refreshers and new divers."
Do you plan to travel somewhere to learn how to scuba dive? Scuba Exam will help you pass any Open Water Diver course in the world by teaching you basic diving theory and quizzing you on it. By studying with Scuba Exam at home, before your course begins, you won't have to spend as much valuable vacation time studying!
Already have a dive certificate but haven't dived for a while? With Scuba Exam you can easily test and refresh your knowledge in a fun and intuitive way!
Scuba Exam Lite contains the same features as the full version but only a limited amount of content. If you like the interface and the quality of the content you can buy the full version!
FULL VERSION CONTAINS
- Scuba Quiz with 250 illustrated questions similar to those on the real exam.
- Detailed quiz results complete with educational explanations.
- A guide and a quiz that will teach you how to understand and use dive tables.
- An extensive and easily navigated section with basic scuba diving theory.
- An extensive list of diving terms and expressions.
- Quiz Stats with your best and average score and time.
- The possibility to share your results with friends.
- Clean, fast, compact and Android-friendly design.
TOP QUALITY CONTENT
Scuba Exam has been developed by Boboshi, one of Sweden's leading developers of mobile educational applications, in co-operation with Lars Johansson, one of Sweden's most knowledgeable divers with more than 1000 logged dives and over 20 years of experience as a dive instructor.
Please let us know if you are missing any features or content in Scuba Exam as we will continue to improve it. We always listen to our customers and we strive for perfection!
This application is for educational purposes only. It is in no way intended as a substitute for a real diving course. Before attempting any form of scuba diving you must complete training with, and receive a valid certificate from, a recognized scuba diving organization.
This is an approved application from the Young Marines National Headquarters in Washington, DC. This App has been certified by the National Executive Director.
This application is intended to be used on your smart phone or 3G/4G enabled tablet. The user must have a GPS service with a navigation app installed.
If you experience any issues with this app, please contact the application developer at: firstname.lastname@example.org
• When the user identifies which unit they wish to locate; the users’ GPS navigator will give detailed directions to the unit’s training facility.
• If your unit’s location is not listed correctly in the National Database then the Unit Commander or Adjutant must update their training location in the National Database.
• The unit’s contact phone number is also included in the Unit Locator App, when hit the user’s smart phone will automatically dial the number.
• All units located in the continental United States are listed on this map.
• Overseas units are not listed for security reasons.
Each month a themed collection of must-see artworks will be published through the app. On a visit to the galleries you can capture the artworks and unlock bonus content including:
• High resolution images to zoom in on and see artwork detail.
• Video and audio to take you behind the scenes with artists, curators, conservators, and more.
• Fascinating trivia about your favourite works.
After you have unlocked content in a gallery you can come back to it whenever you like.
Earn trophies based on which works you track down and share your progress with friends online.
Visit www.nationalgalleries.org/arthunter to find out more.
ArtHunter is funded by the Digital Research and Development Fund for Arts and Culture Scotland, a partnership between Creative Scotland, Arts & Humanities Research Council (AHRC) and Nesta. It is also supported by the Friends of the National Galleries of Scotland.
Welcome to the National Museum in Warsaw with your phone;)
85% of its plants, 84% of its mammals and 45% of its birds are endemic to Australia. It also has the greatest number of reptile species in the world as well as some of the most venomous snakes and other dangerous creatures like the crocodile.
Australia App gives a detailed description of its history and its Kingdom.
It provides the geographical information like its climate ,land coverage , agriculture and plantations and so on.
Toursim section of the app provides information about different tourist destinations one can visit during holidays to relax and refresh.
Quiz section provided tests your knowledge about Australia.
PlayTales Children Book - free version (with ads).
This books and many more, in other languages, at PlayTales Store
Have fun with this family spend a beautiful sunny day at the beach. Read the story and touch the screen while they are playing in the water, surfing, snorkeling, flying kites, relaxing in the sun, playing paddle, building sand castles and so much more.
This interactive story will be so much fun and an imaginary holiday for children in these winter months. Don’t forget to wear sunscreen.
- Text Narration
- Colorful and child friendly graphics
- Tons of playful interactive zones on each page
- Interactive fun guaranteed!
- A lot of funny animations and sounds on every page
- Page turning. During the story touch the lateral corners of the screen and move to the previous or next page.
- Gameplay. Touch the screen on each page and discover interactive elements.
More from developer
The app holds descriptions of over 730 species encompassing birds, fishes, frogs, lizards, snakes, mammals, freshwater, terrestrial and marine invertebrates, spiders, and insects including butterflies. From animals found in rockpools, minibeasts in your garden, to wildlife you might see in the bush. We’ve put in a lot of species, but it’s still a fraction of the complete fauna of Victoria. Our scientists will continue to add additional species and refine descriptions over time.
Time Lens Episode 1: Treasures and Gems invites families to solve puzzles and riddles to find fascinating fossils, amazing inventions and even talking toilets.
When found, each of the 15 objects comes to life on your screen and tells you its own story.
Travel back to 19th century Melbourne and discover what made it so marvellous. Meet Phar Lap, the famous race horse, the week before his big win in the Agua Caliente Handicap. Learn what terrifies the elusive Giant Squid. Bump into a Cockney fox on holiday with his family in Australia.
Each tour is simple to follow with a GPS-enabled map of the route and its stops. At each stop, detailed text, audio commentary and stunning historical imagery reveal the stories of the characters, businesses and architecture that have transformed Melbourne and Victoria. Walk through the history of these amazing sites and see how they have changed over time!
Download one app to access the three tours included in our first release:
Spotswood Industrial Heritage Walk
This tour of Spotswood provides an insight into the people, industries and businesses that transformed this landscape from a dairy farm to one of the Victoria's most important manufacturing hubs.
Royal Exhibition Building and Carlton Gardens Walk
This tour of the Royal Exhibition Building and Carlton Gardens World Heritage Site provides an insight into 19th century Melbourne: a period of optimism, enthusiasm and energy.
Melbourne's Golden Mile
Walk Australia's most historical trail. Explore Melbourne's heritage precincts, its city streets, arcades and laneways. See how gold built the city!
This free app provides a valuable reference and introduction to the history of Victoria that can be enjoyed in the great outdoors or at home.