Manual Flash Calculator (Professional Edition) provides a handy utility for accurately determining flash-subject distance. It's quick and easy to use for tricky lighting situations and backgrounds, where TTL auto-flash can often struggle.
This app requires no special device permissions, or network connectivity.
• Aperture range F/1.2 to F/22
• ISO range ISO50 to ISO6400
• Flash output ratios to 1/256 power
• Flash exposure compensation to 5 EV
• Unlimited number of flash configurations
• Zoom support for unlimited guide settings
• Power increments in 1/3, 1/2 or Full stops
• Macro closeup distances (in and cm)
• Pre-loaded with popular flash models
Set the guide number/zoom coverage, power-ratio limit, power adjustment interval, and guide number units for each of your flash units. (You can find this information from the guide number table in your flash user manual).
Configure profiles for an unlimited number of flash units and save them for quick and easy use. Your last used settings for each flash profile are retained between uses.
Delete, edit or rename any of the pre-configured or user-added flash profiles at any time. Create profiles for both imperial and metric GN values.