Salt mCodeX is a convenient mobile-based "second-factor" authentication (2FA) method used in conjunction with Echidna to provide an out-of-the-box solution for high assurance authentication of remote users connecting to enterprise networks via VPNs, Citrix gateways or other RADIUS aware access points.
Salt mCodeX uses biometric authentication to generate One Time Passwords (OTP) and Challenge/Response signature codes that are displayed on the Android device.
Salt mCodeX provides a robust cryptographically based and standalone solution that does not require ongoing availability of the mobile network.
Salt mCodeXpress FPE requires registration with Echidna; please contact Salt Group for more information about Echidna.
Salt mCodeX features include:
- Operation and features akin to dedicated hardware token except on an Android device
- Local App PIN for Android devices that do not support fingerprint hardware.
- Issuer configurable profiles including Local App PIN length, PIN retry thresholds, weak PINs, token display timeouts, OTP and Response lengths, language support, issuer branding
- Time and event based OTPs
- Re-deployable in the field, anywhere in the world
- Full browser independence
- Intuitive user interface
- Local App PIN Precision Technology
- Challenge/Response generation