First app I've ever read had that I would actually give 6 stars to. I love seeing a new version of Pocket Cast because it means I get to read a new upload log. The logs are hilarious! Keep up the good work.
Recently got hooked on podcasts, so I decided to get this app based on rave reviews. Liking it so far - easy to use, nice to look at. So far the only complaint I have is that when you add a podcast channel it automatically marks some episodes as Played, even if I click Mark All Unplayed, when you scroll to the very first episodes they will be marked as played. I know it's no biggie, but I wish they'd fix that.
1. If I'm listening to (streaming) any podcast on PocketCasts, and then if I go back to 10 seconds by pressing that "go back 10 seconds" button. It buffers again. Update 1 - Problem 1 isn't fixed in this update either. Devs, you don't even reply to this or my email. Sorry, changing the rating of this app to 2 stars. Update 2: No fix yet. 1 star
The biggest problem with this application is that there is always trouble keeping track of where you were last in this podcast you have listened to and the ones you haven't listened to. I don't get why you have an account and you have to pay if the app won't keep track of what you have listened and you haven't. It tries to do it but something happens and it gets confused and what I listened and what I didn't listen to gets mixed up
Overall, I like the interface and ability to speed up playback. Recent versions dropped scheduled downloads, which I really liked to see all the new podcasts. Now, I need to figure that out manually because they download whenever something new is detected when I hit Wi-Fi.
My Phone recently updated to Oreo and Pocketcasts no longer sends track info to my car which is where I listen to all of my podcasts. I tested another podcast player and it does this properly as does my music player. I've been using Pocketcasts for years and love it but if this isn't fixed soon I will be switching. Taking a star off for this issue.
Beta version 6.4 Build 415:
- Fixed stats share button.
- Open iTunes subscribe urls in Pocket Casts.
- Sleep timer, skip times and start podcast form now make it easy to remove the current value by putting the cursor at the end or highlighting the value.
- Fixed issue where WiFi manual downloads would continue on mobile.
- Upgraded Chrome Cast libraries.
- Fixed rotating the Playlist Settings page would crash the app.
- Fixing force close
Free Podcast Radio App - Education/News/Music/Comedy/Kids/NPR/Bill O'Reilly
CastBox gives you instant access to millions of podcasts from around the globe.