This free multi-use app has already proven to be life saver with more than 130,000 downloads. It is able to link in qualified first aiders to deliver critical first aid to patients in need. Suitably qualified first aiders can sign up as a first responder through the app and be notified when a medical emergency happens in their vicinity. Once an incident is accepted by the registered first aider the app will display a map showing the incident location, the app user location, the quickest path to the incident, as well as a live tracker of an approaching ambulance. Another great feature is its ability to track down the caller in a triple zero (000) emergency situation when the caller is unsure of their precise location – making the app a vital piece of “kit” for anyone traveling far and wide or moving through unfamiliar surrounds. By calling 000 via the app it will automatically send your GPS coordinates to the St John WA State Operation Centre.
- First aid guides
- 000 dialer
- CPR metronome
- Nearest automated external defibrillators (AED) locations
- Nearest medical centres and emergency departments
- Access to first aid tips
- Special offers from St John WA
- Your courses and course reminders
- Upload the location of new external defibrillators (AED) locations
- First responder incidents heatmap
- Patient transport services information
The app integrates with the St John WA website and allows course purchases at discounted prices.
* Please note that the First Responder App is designed for use in Western Australia. App features such as Nearby Defibrillators, Nearby Medical Centres and First Responder Incidents are only supported for Western Australian locations.