With a touch of help from the unhurried Queensland psyche, it weaves a little magic to melt urban decay and winter chills
Our team of travel insiders is obsessed with finding the best things to do everywhere we travel.From traditional tours to once-in-a-lifetime experiences, we have something for every kind of traveler.
When planning your trip, why start anywhere else?
>>Handpicked Tours & Activities
Spend our years of experience on your week of enjoyment.
From our offices around the globe, our team of travel insiders handpicks the best local tour and activity providers. We pre-vet them all to make sure you always have an exceptional experience.
>> Verified Reviews & Photos
Don't believe us? See what real travelers have to say.
We can't be everywhere every day, but our customers can. For the latest scoop, nothing beats a review or photo posted by someone who was just there.
Visit other Australia Destinations, too.
Cairns & the Tropical North
Noosa & Sunshine Coast
The Whitsundays & Hamilton Island
New South Wales
These 4 journeys encapsulate Townsville and Charters Towers, right through to Cooktown, Cape York and includes areas like the Atherton Tablelands and the Gulf Region right through to the Queensland border with the NT.
It is an area of diverse landscapes and award winning tourism experiences. This app gives you information and access to everything there is to see and do along the way:-
• Plan your route creating a "favourites" list along each drive route
• Research and plan your accommodation options
• Research, plan and discover tours and attractions
• See forthcoming events details
• Share your Drive North Queensland experiences with the direct link to Facebook
The app's geo-positional function allows you to see exactly where you are along each of the drive routes, in relation to where you want to go or what you want to see.
Of course if you would like more information along the way, all of the Visitor Information Centres are detailed as well as direct links to weather, road conditions and other useful links about your drive journey through North Queensland.
Enjoy our beautiful part of the world.
Get real time notification from Queensland Alert.
Weather, Bush Fire, Traffic, Flood, Utilities, UV Index, Earthquake, Police, Health, Product Alerts all in one package.
With free SMS notification service available for south east Queensland residents. Please use search function to locate your area in ERIC Australia.
The Brisbane & Queensland Alert app is free and easy to use.
• Weather Alert provides severe weather warning and Marine warning in Queensland
• UV Index Alert provides daily UV index chart for Major cities in Queensland and UV index scale
• Translink service, Public Transport Alert shows the public transport Queensland live travel updates including trams, bus and ferry services.
• Live Traffic Alert shows the current road traffic in Queensland such as road maintenance road closures and restrictions and road construction
• Bush Fire Incident Map shows the location of all fire incidents in Brisbane and Queensland.
• Queensland Bushfires Warning Advice provides all fire warning and advice notification in Brisbane and Queensland with detailed safety information. (bushfire)
• Water Dam level
• Recent Earthquakes shows all earthquakes in Australia in last 7 days with magnitude information.
• Police Alert gives you current Queensland Police News including crime assistance
• Health Alert provides updated health alerts from Department of Health (such as Ebola virus disease (EVD) in west Africa
• Sunshine Coast Disaster hub, Townsville Disaster info, Gold Coast Alert and Cairns Notification provide local service and alert information.
• Product Recall Alert shows all recent recall products with photo and seller information (such as Woolworths and Kmart Australia) to help you identify potential health threat.
• Emergency Preparation provides a lot of Queensland safety information such as Fire safer place, Bushfire plan and Emergency Tool Kit. You can download these files and check them in the Downloads in Tools section.
• Switch Theme provide 3 themes including large font for easy access.
• In the Setting section, you can customize your sync setting, Display & Presentation setting, Message store setting and Notifications setting.
• This app also provides Widgets function. 4X1 and 4X2 widgets are available for you to choose from.
• Finally, don't forget to like and rate me in the Google Play.
1. Try to use the widget function. You can choose which category you want to read.
2. Use search function in ERIC and feeds to locate your regional alert
3. Change sync, message store, notification setting to fit your preference.
4. Warning! The app could consume up to 1GB data in one month. Change sync setting if necessary.
Here’s some features of the app that will help make your holiday memorable:
• Use maps to find nearby events, restaurants, accommodation and things to see and do.
• Using location based services, this app can send you notifications about all sorts of interesting things to see and do nearby.
• Be inspired by what’s hot and trending across Queensland, with the low down on upcoming events, live content from social media (Instagram and Twitter), videos from YouTube and articles from the Queensland blog.
• Fast-track your holiday photo sharing (#epicholidaybrag) on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Google+.
• Looking for holiday tips? We can help you find the nearest Visitor Information Centre to drop into and ask for a locals recommendation.
• Bookmark things to do or see and we’ll let you know when you are near them.
• Stay connected during your holiday with a useful WiFi finder tool.
See you in @Queensland soon!
Functionality of the application includes:
• Information about Queensland towns and places to visit, as well as information on accommodation, tours and things to see and do.
• A handy map tool showing what’s nearby
• Weather updates
• Functionality to build favourites lists and a customized itinerary as well as share your by email and social networks