- Don't want to use a PC to control your Boss GT-1 or Pocket-GT ?
- Tired of twiddling knobs and pressing buttons to navigate the menus?
- Wanting to jump between patches fast - no matter how far apart ?
- Don't want to need a PC to load new patches ?
Manage your Boss GT-1 or Pocket-GT guitar effects pedal from your phone or tablet with ‘GT1 Man’ !!
- Control your GT-1 or Pocket-GT from your phone or tablet
- Connect via USB cable or Bluetooth
- Provides fast access (usually one click) to most GT-1 features & functions
- Change effect settings quickly & easily
- Navigate between different effects with just one or two taps
- Automatically reads all 99 patch names/numbers from the GT-1 and allows fast
access by number or name
- Almost instantaneous switching between GT-1 patches
- Create, save and load tones ('patches')
- Load patches (including TSL format to the GT-1) without a PC
- Fast patch loading
- Change chain order and easily save your favourite arrangements for fast reloading
- Use set lists to easily select song / patch combinations for live performances
- Interface designed for studio / performance use
- Suited to both the hobby/home guitarist and the performing musician
User Guide : https://www.eatonplan.com/forum/gt1-man/gt1man-user-guide
GT1 Man connects to your Boss GT-1 guitar effects pedal via a USB cable. It allows direct control of most of the GT-1’s extensive features. Amp models, boost types, effects devices, can all be selected and set from your device (phone or tablet) to create your desired tone.
Tones can be saved on your device as ‘patches’ for later use, and subsequently re-loaded into the GT-1 with ease. The number of patches that can be saved on your device is limited only by the available storage.
Tone Studio Library (TSL) files can also be loaded to the GT-1.
GT-1 settings can be ‘tweaked’ and saved ‘on the fly’ making GT1 Man an ideal tool for the home guitarist, as well as practice sessions, studio work, on-stage performances etc.
Bluetooth devices (eg foot switches) can be used to control the main features.
Set Lists of songs can be loaded which will ensure that the correct patch is loaded for each song as you progress through your performance.
In order to connect your phone or tablet to your GT-1 you will require:
- A USB cable suited to your GT-1 (often sold as USB 'printer' cables)
- An OTG cable adapter
- Your Android device must support OTG / ‘Host Mode’ (most modern phones do)
- OPTIONAL: A compatible Bluetooth MIDI/USB adapter for Bluetooth connection. See web site:
All GT-1 devices and effects are supported.
All parameters for a given effect are available on one screen. Effect types can be quickly and simply changed from a 'drop down' list
A connection status light ensures that you know your GT-1 is still connected correctly.
All changes made directly on the GT-1 (knobs) are reflected on the GT1 Man screens and vice versa.
You can save the current tone as a named patch on your phone or tablet. Patches can subsequently be re-loaded to your GT-1 simply by tapping on the patch file. The number of patches that can be stored is limited only by the available storage on your Android device.
SetLists of songs, in order of performance, can be created - with each song ‘linked’ to the associated patch. As each song title in the list is tapped the corresponding patch is loaded into the GT-1. Great for live performances.
The user guide is available from the eatonplan web site at :
There are two apps which are designed to work with GT1 Man - KatanaSets for setlist management and KatanaSync for data back-up and restore.
For tips on connecting to your GT-1 see the user guide or the web site.