* We would greatly appreciate users reporting any issues or suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Sometimes a better quality appliance with a higher price tag will save you money in the long run. The ongoing power consumption of modern appliances can vary greatly, and, while the situation has improved a lot in recent years, some poorly designed appliances will still needlessly guzzle power. The additional cost over the years can be surprising, and so we decided to create an mobile application to help you decide what is best for your situation. You can use EStar when buying new appliances or for examining existing ones in your home or business.
Our app uses the official Australia and New Zealand ENERGY STAR® data set to display star ratings and calculate energy costs across several large appliance categories.
Appliance searches can be narrowed using a wide variety of appliance parameters, such as size and capacity, allowing you to clearly focus on and compare appliances that match your needs.
DISCLAIMER: We present ENERGY STAR data as-is and take no responsibility for the accuracy of the data presented to the user. This application does not endorse any particular appliance and, in particular, a better rating does not necessarily indicate an appliance that has superior quality, safety, or fitness of purpose than other appliances. By using this product, you agree to indemnify Sustainable Software Pty Ltd against any losses caused by inaccuracy of the data, application defects, or interpretation of the presented data.
• Receive real-time grid conditions and conservation alerts.
• View real-time wholesale prices.
• View ERCOT press releases and informational updates.
• View charts showing hourly and real-time demand and generation.
• View Conservation Tips for appliance use, hot- and cold-weather practices and overall weatherization.
• View helpful information about the ERCOT region.