The Fair Work Ombudsman’s Record My Hours app makes it easy for workers to record their hours of work and pass on information about their employment.
The app uses smartphone features including Wi-Fi and GPS tracking to automatically record a user’s time at work. It also allows users to manually input shifts or fine-tune an estimated shift for added accuracy. Users can then send the information to their preferred representative if they have a workplace issue.
The app has many other features. Users can:
• Keep a roster of all their shifts, including leave
• Set and receive notifications about their roster
• Enter and keep track of multiple jobs and workplaces
• Take photos of information that belongs to them or they’re allowed to access, like their own pay slips
• Export the data to their preferred representative
• Back up information to their own personal cloud storage
• Record piece work arrangements (including work locations for itinerate workers)
• Access the app in 18 languages.
Record My Hours is 100% private and secure. No data is centrally stored and no one can access a user’s data unless they choose to share it.
*Users must keep Wi-Fi turned on in Settings to get the most accurate estimate of their time at work.
*Automatic recording won’t work for all job types, such as people working in places with no mobile or Wi-Fi coverage or people who travel a lot for work. Manual recording has been incorporated to cater for this.
*Privacy and confidentially rules apply in the workplace. Don’t take photos of other people or business information.
*By installing the app on your device you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions governing its use. You can view these terms and conditions at www.fairwork.gov.au/apptermsandconditions.
If you have any questions or feedback on the app, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: Automated shift tracking is dependent on device settings and location accuracy. Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.