Bush fires are a part of living in Australia. That’s why you need to make a Bush Fire Survival Plan. MyFirePlan from the NSW RFS will help you prepare your home and family for bush fires.
Prepare yourself and your home for a bush fire in NSW by completing your Bush Fire Survival Plan now. Your Plan can help stop you from making rushed and dangerous decisions at the last moment and provides information on how to better prepare for bush fire.
This application will guide you through the steps necessary to prepare your Bush Fire Survival Plan.
The NSW Rural Fire Service encourages you to complete your plan with your family, so everyone knows what they will do if a fire starts.
Sometimes, no matter how well prepared you are, things don’t go to plan. That’s why, whether you plan to Leave Early or Stay and Defend, you need a back-up plan.
Planning to make a plan is not a plan.
Within the application you can:
• Create a profile
• Understand the fire risk in your area of NSW
• Prepare your family with emergency contact numbers and an Emergency Survival Kit
• Save emergency contact numbers to your phone
• Prepare your property by completing a check list of tasks relevant to your home
• Create your personalised Leave Early Plan by deciding where you’ll go, what you’ll take and what your triggers will be to leave
• Create your Stay and Defend Plan by deciding what tasks you will complete when a fire is approaching your home and during a fire.
• Decide on back up routes, place of last resort and what you’ll do if it’s too late to leave in your Back Up Plan
• Get live Fire Danger Ratings for your area