This is the official Android application presenting information on bushfires for the participating fire agencies in the Australian states and territories and in New Zealand, developed by the NSW Rural Fire Service.
This application provides information on current incidents across Australia and New Zealand attended by those participating agencies. It also provides information on total fire bans.
The application gives users the ability to source information on incidents near them, using the 'Fires near Me' function.
The 'Fires near Me' application is in trial, and as such its features may vary. Support for the application is not provided due to its inherent simplicity. More information may be found http://www.rfs.nsw.gov.au or the web site for the fire agency in your local state or territory or in New Zealand.
Your feedback, however, is gratefully sought, and will help us develop an even more useful way of giving you information on fires near you. Please send any feedback here: email@example.com .
For further information, please see http://www.rfs.nsw.gov.au .
Initially centres the map on your Current Position.
Allows you to choose another location, e.g. the destination for your weekend holiday, and centres on that location.
Lets you know if there is a fire within 50 km of your location.
Displays any fires within a 10 km radius of your location.
Allows you to see a list of the bush fires from participating agencies, sorted by their proximity to your location--the closest being sorted to the top of the list.
Tap on the fire and you will see some information about the fire. Tap on the arrow (">") and you will see the list of bush fires.
Top on the arrow (">") of a fire within the list of bush fires, you will see a screen of more details on that particular fire.
Tap the map button from the Details page and the map page appears centred on that fire.
If a Total Fire Ban is active for today or tomorrow for your location – and that information has been provided by the fire agency in your local state or territory or in New Zealand – the Total Fire Ban symbol appears on the screen to warn you of this.
Fires are listed by the name of the nearest town or village, if available. This makes it easier for you to recognise where it is, so that you can avoid it!
PREPARE. ACT. SURVIVE. Have a Bush Fire Survival Plan and keep up to date on fires in your area.
© State of New South Wales through the NSW Rural Fire Service 2011
This is the first step in creating a truly dynamic fire calculator. If you have any input, comment or bugs, please let us know so that we can continue to improve.
Prepare yourself and your home for a bush fire in NSW by completing your Bush Fire Survival Plan now. Your Plan can help stop you from making rushed and dangerous decisions at the last moment and provides information on how to better prepare for bush fire.
This application will guide you through the steps necessary to prepare your Bush Fire Survival Plan.
The NSW Rural Fire Service encourages you to complete your plan with your family, so everyone knows what they will do if a fire starts.
Sometimes, no matter how well prepared you are, things don’t go to plan. That’s why, whether you plan to Leave Early or Stay and Defend, you need a back-up plan.
Planning to make a plan is not a plan.
Within the application you can:
• Create a profile
• Understand the fire risk in your area of NSW
• Prepare your family with emergency contact numbers and an Emergency Survival Kit
• Save emergency contact numbers to your phone
• Prepare your property by completing a check list of tasks relevant to your home
• Create your personalised Leave Early Plan by deciding where you’ll go, what you’ll take and what your triggers will be to leave
• Create your Stay and Defend Plan by deciding what tasks you will complete when a fire is approaching your home and during a fire.
• Decide on back up routes, place of last resort and what you’ll do if it’s too late to leave in your Back Up Plan
• Get live Fire Danger Ratings for your area
The app is user friendly, and fully customizeable. Fire Accountability can be set up for your department’s operations in minutes. In the Set Up screen, you will have the option to pre-program up to 50 companies. This simple feature allows the app to be adapted for use in systems ranging from large metro departments to the smallest rural departments. Whether your department uses engine companies, team numbers, or a combination of the two, Fire Accountability will work for you. While still in the Set Up screen, select a Benchmark Time, default email address for time stamped logs, and you’re ready to Command your first incident.
Simplicity is the key. Fire Accountability utilizes simple drag and drop technology to track crews. After selecting from one of dozens different structure types and configurations, Wild Fire or Dive Rescue, the user will be taken to the Accountability Screen. This is where you will stay, until the conclusion of your incident. In the Accountability Screen, you will find a visual representation of the incident type that you selected, divided into divisions, along with your pre-programmed companies. As you assign units, just drag and drop them into their divisions. Using the “NEW” company icon, you can add as many companies to your incident as you need. It all happens right there. No jumping from screen to screen. The user will have a clear look at all of their companies, at all times.
Fire Accountability also assists Fire Officers in managing MAYDAYs. The MAYDAY function is one of dozens of great features imbedded in the app. Fire Accountability will also remind you to perform key functions, as the incident progresses. As you complete tasks like conducting a primary search, hooking up to an FDC, assigning a Safety Officer or contacting utilities, the application tracks your progress. Forget one of these critical tasks and Fire Accountability will alert to remind you. The accountability screens also contain a running timer, to help you track your time on scene. At your pre-selected benchmark times, the app will alarm reminding you to conduct a par, re-assess or confirm your strategy. All these features packed into one simple screen! EVERY MOVE YOU MAKE IS TRACKED IN AN EMAILABLE/PRINTABLE TIME STAMPED LOG!
We are continuing to add new features and updates. If you have any requests, go to www.fireaccountability.com
DISCLAIMER: Fire Accountability is designed for use on tablets. While the app will work on smaller screens, it is not recommended for use on screens smaller than 7”.
Keywords: incident command fireground fire ground fighter fighting firefighting firefighter accountability board tracker tracking personnel tap ipar par icommand wildland wild dive river water rescue
- Monitor data traffic bytes.
- XY Chart of RF and WiFi signal strength over time.
- Voice notification of signal strength & technology changes, handovers, open hotspots, and more!
- Notes! Insert notes into the RF data collected. Notes can be viewed & edited in Big Picture
- 'Drive Mode' screen showing just RSSI, Cell ID, and technology to view while driving
- Localized for French, Spanish (thank you Augusto!), Portuguese, and German (thank you Lutz!).
- Map and record your color coded RF signal strength as you travel.
- War driving. Collect WiFi access points and list mobile location at the strongest signal.
- Users can redefine site locations on the map.
- Play back, pause, jump to any part of recorded data.
- Share collected data and Maps with Twitter, Facebook, whatever you can share with.
- Sector coverage zones describing sector orientation and beamwidth.
- One Cell Tracking to examine coverage of a single cell site.
- Sound and Vibration notification on handover.
- Possible handoff neighbors (2G).
- User defined sites can be exported or imported for later use.
- Serving cell can be located through Google, OpenCellID.
- All sites located through Google or OpenCellID saved to local database.
- Export recorded data to XML, KML (Google Earth), or CSV files.
- Import older recorded data for playback.
- Roaming and data states, data activity, CGI.
- WiFi MAC address, BSSID, supplicant state.
- WiFi network access points identified.
- EIRP/ERP and Free Space Loss calculators
- Big picture of entire drive test or site survey
- Auto-shutoff at minimum battery level set by user
- Adjust GPS power settings
- App to SD card
*** Please keep those bug reports coming! If you crash and are given the option, please send in the report. I read them all. Or you can email directly at: Type1apps@gmail.com
- If a site appears off the coast of Africa it means that you are using Google's location service or OpenCellID and they cannot determine that cell's location (so it returns the location 0 deg Lat, 0 deg Lon). A new feature for version 2.2.9 is the ability to define your own site locations (add, move or remove) by pressing a spot on the map or a site icon. Users can do their own site surveys as they travel. This is a workaround for those who do not have access to site location data -- unless you are an engineer for a carrier, you won't have access to this data since site locations are generally considered proprietary.
- Background recording, where you exit the app after you start recording, will not register signal strength changes if the phone is in sleep mode (screen is blank). This is a "bug" in Android not the app. If the phone is not allowed to sleep, background recording is possible.
- BER, EVDO, SNR & Ec/Io may display -1. This is the number the Android OS is sending, sorry.
- The app is optimized for GSM service. CDMA devices are not completely supported. This is due to the lack of a CDMA phone (and contract) on my part, not anything specific to the technology. So if you have a CDMA phone be aware it has not been tested by me.
- Please remember you are using a phone, not a laptop. If you try to record hours worth of data, and/or play it back, unexpected things may happen.
This application will allow you to change your Kindle Fire's wallpaper WITHOUT having Root Access permissions installed on your device.
The app will allow you to choose & crop a single image, or select a folder with multiple images changing through each image randomly and a desired interval.
Kindle Fire WallChange, Wallpaper Change for Kindle Fire, Kindle Fire Wallpaper Switcher, Switch Kindle Fire Wallpaper, Amazon Kindle Fire Wallpaper, Switch My Wallpaper, Change My Kindles Wallpaper