Mobile Witness is an application for collecting potential evidence through your mobile phone by continually recording and safely uploading location, audio, or video footage. Recordings will even continue whilst the screen is turned off.
"Mobile Witness is a solid defence against aggressive persons and dubious law enforcement officers; periodically and silently uploading the recordings."
The purpose of this application is twofold:
• overcome situations where the phone may be stolen or destroyed during recording, and,
• to enable covert evidence gathering.
Normal recording applications are not suitable for evidence gathering tasks as they make sounds upon starting the recording and stop recording when the screen is turned off. Alternative upload strategies such as cloud backups fail in situations where the phone may be damaged as they will only upload completed recordings.
• Record Location/Audio/Video in intervals
• Immediately upload completed recording intervals to various server options
• Record whilst the screen is off or when the app is minimised
• Supports uploading to Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive, Box, or personal servers (see in-app help)
• Simple Material UI designed for speed and seamless recordings
• Completely configurable for diverse situations
No data (neither your recordings, nor any telemetry), are sent to our servers. You are in complete control of your data.
Apps using cameras are notoriously difficult to create, as manufacturers implement cameras quite differently. If you run into any issues, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a description of the problem, as well as your phone model.
Keep up to date with new features or news on at https://twitter.com/beanpodMW