The free 10,000 Steps app allows members of the 10,000 Steps program to easily track their daily steps and physical activity, sync it with the 10,000 Steps website, view their individual step statistics and view their Tournament progress.
Use 10,000 Steps app to:
- Register with the free 10,000 Steps program (app and website)
- Manually enter steps counted by your pedometer (or activity tracker)
- Manually enter other moderate and vigorous activities (e.g. swimming, cycling, aerobics, contact sports)
- Sync with your 10,000 Steps online Dashboard
- View your step statistics
- View daily and monthly graphs
- View your Tournament progress
- Update your goal steps
PLEASE NOTE: The 10,000 Steps app does not function as a step counter.
What is 10,000 Steps?
10,000 Steps is a free program run by the team at CQUniversity Australia that encourages individuals to increase their daily physical activity. Regular physical activity is a proven way to prevent chronic diseases and can improve mood, concentration and emotional health. With the help of a pedometer or activity tracker, 10,000 Steps aims to help you become aware of how active you are and motivate you to move more every day!
10,000 Steps has been successful in motivating individuals, workplaces, and local communities to increase their physical activity levels since 2001. The program provides information, support and interactive website features to help you achieve your activity goals. Every step counts!
This initiative is funded by the Queensland Government.