Note: This app is a proper Cantonese dictionary. Most of the other 'cantonese' apps on the Play Store are Mandarin dictionaries with Cantonese pronunciation, which is probably not what you want.
If you are looking for our Mandarin app, please see: http://goo.gl/Wne1EM
If you're not satisfied, for any reason, within 30 days you get a full refund, period, no questions asked. We don't want your money if you're not amazingly happy.
★ Uses best-in-class CantoDict dictionary data as the base dictionary
★ Chinese handwriting recognition built in
★ Audio - recordings of every Cantonese syllable, by a real native speaker
★ Search Hanzi / Chinese, Jyutping, Yale or English
★ Both Simplified and Traditional Chinese characters supported
★ Jyutping or Yale pronunciation throughout
★ Coloring by tone - you can color Hanzi, Jyutping or Yale
★ Homescreen Widgets - flip through your favorite words from your homescreen. Try adding multiple widgets!
★ Offline access to all features (unless specified)
★ Backup / Restore starred words, search history, preferences etc
★ Simple, intuitive and powerful UI
★ Live search - results update as-you-type
★ Progressive results - as you scroll down, progressively deeper searches are seamlessly performed
★ Enter long Chinese text in the search box and get instant romanization as well as automatic vocab list
★ Starred Chinese words/phrases, Word lists, Search history
★ Custom search using wildcards
★ Clipboard Monitoring - raise notification when Hanzi copied to clipboard. Please read: http://goo.gl/cmRFJ2
★ Night mode (black background)
★ Voice recognition (online only and only on supported devices)
★ Useful links to websites e.g. Youdao, HanziCraft, Skritter, Google Translate (online only)
★ Seamless integration with our Hanping Chinese Camera app (for image-based character recognition): http://goo.gl/1clC8H
★ No ads!
* For Chinese character input via Jyutping or Yale, use Google Cantonese Input app: http://goo.gl/hHnfjm
* "run on startup* permission required for Clipboard Monitoring "System Startup" option.
* If many Chinese characters appear as empty square boxes, or if you would like to use a nicer Chinese font, read this: http://goo.gl/y6ya5r
The custom font used in the screenshots is UKai which can be downloaded here: http://goo.gl/wV3o4T
Please use the forum (see below) to report any bugs or suggestions or e-mail us if it is urgent.
- Look up using Chinese, Jyutping or English
- Save words to your own personal wordlist
- Export your wordlist using email.
This dictionary focus on Cantonese as it is spoken in Hong Kong but covers more written form as well. The dictionary covers more than 65000 terms. Improve your vocabulary today, use Cantonese Dictionary.
It is a useful and nice website, however we may encounter some difficulties on using this web application on our mobile devices.
So I wrote this little application, which is just provide a simple interface to access this web application.
You can also hear the cantonese pronunciation with this application.
1. 中文單字字典 ﹣ 輸入「中文單字」搜尋漢語拼音、發音及使用例字
2. 廣普對照字典 ﹣ 輸入「廣東話」搜尋普通話對照、漢語拼音及發音
3. 漢語拼音字典 ﹣ 輸入「漢語拼音」搜尋對應的中文字及發音
WAGmob brings you a Simple 'n Easy, on-the-go learning app to help you get started on Cantonese language, optimized for both phone and tablet. A beginner's guide that teaches you the basics in a nice and organized manner.
Fast, easy and fun way to learn Cantonese. App tools include search, bookmark and facebook integration.
Designed for English Speakers. Tap a phrase and it will be spoken for you in Cantonese, anytime, anywhere!
Meeting friends and co-workers from Southern China could be much more fun with this app. Focus is on everyday phrases and words.
Features include phrasebook, tutorials, quizzes, flashcards, and visual dictionary.
Why learn Cantonese,
Tips for Effective Language Learning.
Greetings and General Words,
Phrases for Courtesy,
Food, Drink, and Going Out,
Places, People, and Family,
Sports and the outdoors,
Medical and Disaster Emergency,
3.Quizzes and Flashcards on:
Fruits and Vegetables,
About WAGmob apps:
1) A companion app for on-the-go, bite-sized learning.
2) Over Three million paying customers from 175+ countries.
Why WAGmob apps:
1) Beautifully simple, Amazingly easy, Massive selection of apps.
2) Effective, Engaging and Entertaining apps.
3) An incredible value for money. Lifetime of free updates!
*** WAGmob Vision : simpleNeasy apps for a lifetime of on-the-go learning.***
*** WAGmob Mission : A simpleNeasy WAGmob app in every hand.***
*** WAGmob Platform: A unique platform to create and publish your own apps & e-Books.***
Please visit us at www.wagmob.com or write to us at Team@wagmob.com.
We would love to improve our app and app platform.
- the e-book version of Bamboo Shed Cantonese Opera and School Education
- the 360 degree photos of bamboo-shed theatres
- the highlight videos of traditional set pieces
- the interview videos of a scaffolding master
- the map showing the major bamboo-shed theatres in Hong Kong
NOTE: if you're in China and can't access Google Play, see pleco.com/android for alternate download sources.
Major features: ($ = paid add-on)
• Great dictionaries: the free app comes with two dictionaries - CC-CEDICT and our in-house "PLC" dictionary - that between them cover 130,000 Chinese words and include 20,000 example sentences with Pinyin; 18 other wonderful dictionaries are available as paid upgrades. ($)
• Fullscreen handwriting input: use the entire width of your device's screen to draw characters. Very accurate, with an engine licensed from China's leading maker of handwriting input systems. (basic version free, enhanced version $)
• Live Optical Character Recognizer: look up Chinese words in the dictionary simply by pointing your device's camera at them, or by scrolling around a still image. ($)
• Flashcard System: create a card from any dictionary entry with a single button tap, import premade word lists, use advanced techniques like SRS (spaced repetition), and study in a variety of modes including fill-in-the-blanks and tone drills. (simple version free, full-featured $)
• Audio Pronunciation: instantly hear a native-speaker Mandarin audio recording of each Chinese dictionary headword; recordings are available for over 34,000 words. (single-syllable free, multi $)
• Powerful search: look up words by Chinese characters, Pinyin (spaces and tones optional), or a combination, with support for wildcards and full-text search.
• Cross-referencing: tap on any Chinese character / word in any dictionary entry to bring up its definition.
• Voice Recognition: look up words by speaking them into your device's microphone. (free)
• Stroke Order Diagrams: animations showing you how to draw each Chinese character; over 20,000 characters are covered. ($)
• Document Reader: open a Chinese-language text file and look up unknown words in the dictionary simply by tapping on them. ($) You can also look up characters on web pages through "Share" and in other documents through the clipboard. (free)
• Mainland- and Taiwan-friendly: supports traditional and simplified characters (in dictionary definitions, stroke order diagrams, searches, OCR, and handwriting), and supports Zhuyin as well as Pinyin for pronunciation display.
• Cantonese: display headword pronunciations + perform searches in Jyutping/Yale romanization. (free) We also offer Cantonese dictionary and Cantonese audio add-ons. ($)
• Tablet-friendly: includes a 2-panel (results + definition together) interface that's perfect for tablets.
• No ads: we won't even nag you about buying add-ons.
We also offer excellent customer support - send us an email and see for yourself - and an active user community at plecoforums.com.
We've been making mobile Chinese dictionary apps since 2000, and our sales and customer base have been steadily growing for 15 years across four different platforms. We take good care of our longtime users, too - people who bought the Oxford dictionary from us on a Palm Pilot in 2001 can still use that dictionary on their brand new Android phone in 2015 without even having to pay an upgrade fee. You can be confident that we'll still be fixing bugs and adding new features for many years to come.
Paid add-ons can be transferred to another device like any other paid app; load the free version of Pleco on your new device, go into "Add-ons" and tap "Restore Purchases."
If you already own Pleco on another OS, see pleco.com/android for upgrade / license transfer options.
* Mono-lingual dictionaries for English, German, and Italian.
* Mutli-lingual dictionaries between many language pairs.
* FREE, ad-free, and open-source!
* Fast! (See translations as you type!)
* Dictionaries stored on SD card (works offline!)
* Save queried translations to text file on SD card for later reference.
* Create your own dictionaries with a command-line Java program.
QuickDic currently has built-in dictionaries for these language pairs (some much more complete than others, your mileage may vary!):
* English-Haitian Creole
* Data from en.wiktionary.org.
If QuickDic crashes on your device (especially Sony Ericsson devices),
try using QuickDic's preferences to change to the "System default" font.
QuickDic is open source: http://code.google.com/p/quickdic-dictionary/
- Includes Offline Dictionary
- Word of the Day
- voice recognition for both English and Chinese (simplified)
- romanization (romaji / pinyin)
- speak English or Chinese sentence and hear the translation
- copy to paste in other apps
- send translation as SMS or eMail
- translation history
翻譯 字典 中國
Includes Offline Dictionary
- Supports many languages - Italian, French, German, Chinese, Japanese, etc.
- Includes offline dictionary
- Word of the day
- Sentence correction!
Speak a sentence and hear the translation!
- voice recognition for all major languages (new feature)
- eMail or SMS the translation
- copy to paste in other apps
- fetch incoming SMS to auto translate! (trial for 50 uses in this free version)
- Word of the day for many languages, including Hindi
- translation history
India Bharat desi
Ideal for Cantonese speakers who wishes to learn native Beijing Mandarin.
On the other hand, the App is also useful for Mandarin speakers who wants to know native Hong Kong style Cantonese.
- Full English definition (CC-CEDICT)
- Mandarin pinyin
- Lists of most frequent and HSK characters
- Search characters by radical, character or pinyin, including a list of characters hard to find
- Traditional variant
- Optional display of frequent compounds (requires network)
- Mark characters as favorite
- Pick up random characters
- Quiz mode
- Optional tone colors
- No advertisement!
Does not need an internet connection. (No English->Chinese lookup!)
Software is free, donations welcome.
This dictionary contains over 200,000 phrases and words!
This dictionary features Mandarin, Cantonese and English translation as well as pronunciation in Pinyin and Yale romanization of Cantonese! Additionally, each pronunciation has the tones to help you learn Chinese. It also has traditional and simplified characters! You can take my dictionary to mainland China and look up words in simplified Chinese!
My dictionary does not need to go online to the internet to search for words. This is the full dictionary that you can take it away with you when you don't have internet connection.
This dictionary is perfect for those traveling as well when you don't have an active internet connection and you want to talk to someone in Chinese.
This dictionary is also perfect for those who want to simply learn Chinese (Cantonese and Mandarin).
I created this dictionary because I am a Cantonese speaker who wanted to learn Mandarin. I never found any dictionary on the app market helpful so I created my own dictionary.
Enter your chinese character, english, pinyin or yale romanization in cantonese on the search bar and watch the result list come back with all the matching words!
It is that easy!
Some of our reviewers praising this app:
"I tested this app and it's complete and easy to use, I like it. I have several years learning cantonese and I was waiting an app like this. I recommend it."
"This is a wonderful little dictionary for Android! I really like it"
I want to thank the Cantonese CEDICT Project for allowing this project to happen!