- Look up using Chinese, Jyutping or English
- Save words to your own personal wordlist
- Export your wordlist using email.
This dictionary focus on Cantonese as it is spoken in Hong Kong but covers more written form as well. The dictionary covers more than 65000 terms. Improve your vocabulary today, use Cantonese Dictionary.
It is a useful and nice website, however we may encounter some difficulties on using this web application on our mobile devices.
So I wrote this little application, which is just provide a simple interface to access this web application.
You can also hear the cantonese pronunciation with this application.
This dictionary contains over 200,000 phrases and words!
This dictionary features Mandarin, Cantonese and English translation as well as pronunciation in Pinyin and Jyutping! Additionally, each pronunciation has the tones to help you learn Chinese. It also has traditional and simplified characters! You can take my dictionary to mainland China and look up words in simplified Chinese!
My dictionary does not need to go online to the internet to search for words. This is the full dictionary that you can take it away with you when you don't have internet connection.
This dictionary is perfect for those traveling as well when you don't have an active internet connection and you want to talk to someone in Chinese.
This dictionary is also perfect for those who want to simply learn Chinese (Cantonese and Mandarin).
I created this dictionary because I am a Cantonese speaker who wanted to learn Mandarin. I never found any dictionary on the app market helpful so I created my own dictionary.
Enter your chinese character, english, pinyin or jyutping on the search bar and watch the result list come back with all the matching words!
It is that easy!
I want to thank the Cantonese CEDICT Project for allowing this project to happen!
ChiDin is a Chinese dictionary that has a focus on the Cantonese language. Most chinese translate to and from Mandarin Chinese and show results in pinyin. ChiDin is focussed on the Cantonese language. It displays results for the Cantonese language and includes pronunciations in jyutping.
Pinyin is also provided so you can use ChiDin as a Mandarin Chinese dictionary as well as a Cantonese dictionary.
This release of ChiDin is the first release of ChiDin for Android. This version licenses Adam Sheik's excellent CantoDict online dictionary for results that show not only regular chinese terms but also Cantonese colloquialisms and Hong Kong and Macau place names. For more information about CantoDict check the help pages on the app.
ChiDin uses the Internet permission only to access the CantoDict website and the Network State permission is required by AdMob to display ads.
Pleco is the ultimate Chinese learning companion - an integrated Chinese English dictionary / document reader / flashcard system with fullscreen handwriting input and live camera-based character lookups, from a company with over a decade of experience making mobile Chinese learning software.
Major features: ($ = paid add-on)
• Great dictionaries: the free app comes with two dictionaries - CC-CEDICT and our in-house "PLC" dictionary - that between them cover 130,000 Chinese words and include 20,000 example sentences with Pinyin; 12 other wonderful dictionaries are available as paid upgrades.
• Live Optical Character Recognizer: look up Chinese words in the dictionary simply by pointing your device's camera at them, or by scrolling around a still image. ($)
• Handwriting input: use the entire width of your device's screen to draw characters. Very accurate, with a recognition engine licensed from China's leading maker of handwriting input systems. ($ but free for a limited time)
• Flashcard System: create a card from any dictionary entry with a single button tap, import premade word lists, use advanced memorization techniques like SRS (spaced repetition), and study in a variety of modes including fill-in-the-blanks and tone drills. (simple version free, full-featured $)
• Powerful search: look up words by Chinese characters, Pinyin (spaces and tones optional), or a combination, with support for wildcards and full-text search.
• Cross-referencing: tap on any Chinese character / word in any dictionary entry to bring up its definition.
• Audio Pronunciation: instantly hear a native-speaker Mandarin audio recording of each Chinese dictionary headword; recordings are available for over 34,000 words. (single-syllable free, multi $)
• Voice Recognition: look up words by speaking them into your device's microphone. (free)
• Stroke Order Diagrams: animations showing you how to draw each Chinese character; over 20,000 characters are covered. ($)
• Document Reader: open a Chinese-language text file and look up unknown words in the dictionary simply by tapping on them. ($) You can also look up characters on web pages through "Share" and in DOC/RTF/etc through the clipboard. (free)
• Mainland- and Taiwan-friendly: supports traditional and simplified characters (in dictionary definitions, stroke order diagrams, searches, OCR, and handwriting), and supports Zhuyin as well as Pinyin for pronunciation display. Experimental Cantonese support too. (dedicated Cantonese dictionary coming soon)
• Tablet-friendly: Android 4 optimized, includes a 2-panel (results + definition together) interface that's perfect for tablets, and we've also tweaked our layouts around tablet-sized screens.
• No ads: we won't even nag you about buying add-ons.
We also offer excellent customer support - send us an email and see for yourself - and an active user community at plecoforums.com.
We've been selling mobile Chinese dictionary apps since 2001, and our sales and customer base have been steadily growing for 13 years across four different platforms. We take good care of our longtime users, too - people who bought the Oxford dictionary from us in 2001 can still use that dictionary on their brand new Android phone in 2014 without even having to pay an upgrade fee. You can be confident that we'll still be fixing bugs and adding new features for many years to come.
Paid add-ons can be transferred to another device like any other paid app; load the free version of Pleco on your new device, go into "Add-ons" and tap "Restore Purchases."
If you already own Pleco on another OS, see pleco.com/android for upgrade / license transfer options.
A fun way to pick up new language and practice it whenever you like to. Not just for preschoolers but adults too.
In this app, you can practice Cantonese letters along with numbers.This App helps you lot.
1) Choose letters/numbers from scroll menu.
2) Pick your favorite color-pencil.
3) View picture related to letters /numbers.
4) The app shows numbers and letters with picture and voice.
5) Learn to write small and capital Cantonese letters with your finger.
About WAGmob apps:
1) A companion app for on-the-go, bite-sized learning.
2) Over Three million paying customers from 175+ countries.
Why WAGmob apps:
1) Beautifully simple, Amazingly easy, Massive selection of apps.
2) Effective, Engaging and Entertaining apps.
3) An incredible value for money. Lifetime of free updates!
*** WAGmob Vision : simpleNeasy apps for a lifetime of on-the-go learning.***
*** WAGmob Mission : A simpleNeasy WAGmob app in every hand.***
*** WAGmob Platform: A unique platform to create and publish your own apps & e-Books.***
Please visit us at www.wagmob.com or write to us at Team@wagmob.com.
We would love to improve our app and app platform.
Pinyin is also provided so you can use ChiDin as a Mandarin Chinese dictionary as well as a Cantonese dictionary.
This release of ChiDin Online is the first release of ChiDin for Android. This version licenses Adam Sheik's excellent CantoDict online dictionary for results that show not only regular chinese terms but also Cantonese colloquialisms and Hong Kong and Macau place names. For more information about CantoDict check the help pages on the app.
ChiDin uses the Internet permission only to access the CantoDict website.
» 詞典來源為中華語文知識庫的《兩岸常用詞典》，內容版權歸中華文化總會所有，採用 CC-BY-NC-ND 3.0 授權。
» 中英/中法/中德對照來源為 CEDict、CFDict、HanDeDict，採用 CC-BY-SA 3.0 授權。
感謝 #g0v.tw 頻道內所有協助開發的朋友們。
[CC0 1.0 公眾領域貢獻宣告]
作者 唐鳳 在法律許可的範圍內，拋棄此著作依著作權法所享有之權利，包括所有相關與鄰接的法律權利，並宣告將該著作貢獻至公眾領域。
* cc-cedict dictionary with more than 10,000 entries.
* Show the parts of individual Chinese characters.
* Search from English, Chinese or Pinyin.
* Keep a list of marked entries.
* Support simplified and traditional characters.
* Completely free.
This application can be a good tool for Mandarin Chinese students. Learning to decompose the Chinese characters into parts is the best way to learn them efficiently.
A world wide and offline dictionary, it will be the best helper and translator.
It can helps you to complete the world's major languages mutual translations. All of this work is in the offline state to achieve.
We believe that this is what you're looking for dictionaries and translation tools.
* Mono-lingual dictionaries for English, German, and Italian.
* Mutli-lingual dictionaries between many language pairs.
* Fast translate! (See translations as you type!)
* Dictionaries stored on SD card (works offline!)
* Save queried translations to text file on SD card for later reference.
* English - Afrikaans
* English - Albanian
* English - Arabic
* English - Armenian
* English - Azeri
* English - Basque
* English - Belarusian
* English - Bengali
* English - Bosnian
* English - Breton
* English - Bulgarian
* English - Burmese
* English - Catalan
* English - Chinese|Mandarin|Cantonese
* English - Croatian
* English - Czech
* English - Danish
* English - Dutch
* English - Esperanto
* English - Estonian
* English - Faroese
* English - Finnish
* English - French
* English - Gaelic
* English - Galician
* English - Georgian
* English - Greek
* English - Haitian Creole
* English - Hawaiian
* English - Hebrew
* English - Hindi
* English - Hungarian
* English - Icelandic
* English - Indonesian
* English - Irish
* English - Italian
* English - Japanese
* English - Korean
* English - Kurdish
* English - Latin
* English - Latvian
* English - Lithuanian
* English - Luxembourgish
* English - Macedonian
* English - Malay
* English - Maori
* English - Mongolian
* English - Nepali
* English - Norwegian
* English - Persian
* English - Polish
* English - Portuguese
* English - Punjabi
* English - Romanian
* English - Russian
* English - Sanskrit
* English - Serbian
* English - Slovak
* English - Somali
* English - Spanish
* English - Swahili
* English - Swedish
* English - Tagalog
* English - Tajik
* English - Thai
* English - Tibetan
* English - Turkish
* English - Ukrainian
* English - Urdu
* English - Vietnamese
* English - Welsh
* English - Yiddish
* English - Zulu
* Finnish - Norwegian
* Finnish - Swedish
* French - Chinese|Mandarin|Cantonese
* French - Dutch
* French - Italian
* French - Japanese
* French - Latin
* French - Russian
* German - Chinese|Mandarin|Cantonese
* German - English
* German - Esperanto
* German - French
* German - Hungarian
* German - Italian
* German - Japanese
* German - Latin
* German - Polish
* German - Russian
* German - Spanish
* German - Swedish
* Greek - Italian
* Hungarian - Italian
* Italian - Chinese|Mandarin|Cantonese
* Italian - Dutch
* Italian - Japanese
* Italian - Latin
* Italian - Latvian
* Italian - Polish
* Italian - Russian
* Italian - Swedish
* Japanese - Chinese|Mandarin|Cantonese
* Korean - Chinese|Mandarin|Cantonese
* Norwegian - Swedish
* Spanish - Chinese|Mandarin|Cantonese
* Spanish - French
* Spanish - Italian
* Arabic - Chinese|Mandarin|Cantonese
* Arabic - French
* Arabic - German
* Arabic - Hebrew
* Arabic - Italian
* Arabic - Japanese
* Arabic - Russian
* Arabic - Spanish
* Bulgarian - French
* Catalan - German
* Czech - French
* Czech - German
* Data from en.wiktionary.org.
If Dictionary crashes on your device (especially Sony Ericsson devices),
try using Dictionary's preferences to change to the "System default" font.
Dictionary is based on QuickDic code:, and licensed under the Apache License.
Apache License, Version 2.0: http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.html
This is the free edition of Hanping Chinese Dictionary Pro which has over 10,000 downloads and comes with a 30-day full refund guarantee: http://goo.gl/KFyks
If you cannot see paid apps (in China?) then read: http://goo.gl/YGonR
★ Offline access to all features (unless specified)
★ Search Hanzi / Chinese, Pinyin or English
★ Pinyin or Zhuyin (Bopomofo) pronunciation throughout
★ Vertical Zhuyin support
★ Both Simplified and Traditional Chinese characters supported
★ Coloring by tone - you can color Hanzi, Pinyin or Zhuyin
★ Simple, intuitive and powerful UI
★ Live search - results update as-you-type
★ Progressive results - as you scroll down, progressively deeper searches are seamlessly performed
★ Enter long Chinese text in the search box and get instant Pinyinization as well as automatic vocab list
★ Starred Chinese words/phrases, Word lists, Search history
★ Custom search using wildcards
★ Clipboard Monitoring - raise notification when Hanzi copied to clipboard. Please read: http://goo.gl/cmRFJ2
★ Night mode (black background)
★ Voice recognition (online only and only on supported devices)
★ Useful links to websites e.g. YellowBridge, Skritter, nciku, Google Translate (online only)
★ Uses CC-CEDICT dictionary data as the base dictionary
★ Seamless integration with our Hanping Chinese Camera app (for image-based character recognition): http://goo.gl/1clC8H
★ No ads!
Pro features (not available in this app):
★ Chinese handwriting recognition built in!
★ Mandarin audio - over 2,000 audio files of a real native Chinese speaker
★ Homescreen Widgets - flip through your favorite words from your homescreen. Try adding multiple widgets!
★ Multi-dictionary support - the superb ABC Chinese-English and ABC English-Chinese dictionaries (in-app purchases at extra cost)
★ Merged results across dictionaries - no need for cumbersome cycling through dictionaries
★ Star English words (if you have the ABC English-Chinese dictionary installed)
★ Backup / Restore starred words, search history, preferences etc
* For Chinese character input via Pinyin, use Google Pinyin IME: http://goo.gl/WZ3Zop
* If many Chinese characters appear as empty square boxes, or if you would like to use a nicer Chinese font, read this: http://goo.gl/y6ya5r
Please use the forum (see below) to report any bugs or suggestions.