Wherever you are, and whatever your plans, you’re always prepared with the latest
weather forecast from BBC Weather. Now even easier to understand, with more
locations and more hourly information.
Get the information you need – fast. Including...
● At-a-glance forecasts, so you can make decisions quickly
● Hourly data up to 14 days ahead (in UK locations and major international cities)
● “Chance of precipitation”, giving you a heads up about rain, hail or snow
● “Feels like” temperature, which takes into account wind strength
● Met Office weather warnings, personalised to locations that matter to you
● Social-friendly forecasts, sharable on Facebook, Twitter and email
● Text-to-speech accessibility
● Easy-to-read, intuitive layout
Weather app and your privacy:
To display weather in your current location just activate the location services on your device. (For Android 6.0 or later, you’ll find them in Settings>Apps>BBC Weather>Permissions>Locations.)
Don’t worry, your precise location is not shared with the BBC. The app just chooses the closest location where weather information is available.
This info is kept anonymous, secure and we won’t share it with anyone. No other personal data relating to you will be sent to the BBC either (for instance, a username, email address or unique device identifier).
You can read more about the BBC’s Privacy and Cookies Policy at https://www.bbc.co.uk/privacy/.
If you don’t want the BBC Weather app to display the weather at your current location, just go to Settings>Apps>BBC Weather>Permissions>Locations, and select “off”.
About BBC Weather:
BBC Weather is responsible for preparing and broadcasting weather forecasts across the BBC, in association with the Meteogroup . It broadcast its first weather forecast in 1922 and by 1936 was pioneering the use of weather maps during TV forecasts. The BBC Weather App was launched in 2013 and is now one of the most popular weather apps in the UK.