Android service that hides and restores the systembar of android tablets. This enables playing, watching and reading at full screen!
* On KitKat, while this application works, it is better to use the application 'Immersive Mode' by the same author.
* On HC and ICS, root is NOT required!
* On JB (devices bought in 2013), ROOT IS REQUIRED.
* More functionality is available on rooted devices (back/home/recent/menu)
* First click on icon with two arrows to show notification, then on notification to hide the system bar.
* Tapping the bottom of the screen will reshow the system bar
* Hiding/restoring systembar at any time, enables fullscreen mode.
* Different options to reshow the systembar.
* Option to reshow systembar on screen off.
* Option to never reshow systembar (kiosk mode).
* Option to hide the systembar from the notification area.
* Option to not show the icon in the notification area, while still being able to hide the systembar from the notification area. (Only on JB and up)
* Invisible button to control navigation on device (back button).
* Popup Navigation Bar to control navigation while bottom bar is hidden.
* Availability to show the recent apps (only on JB for now)
* Option to hide systembar at boot time.
* Tasker/Locale scripting integration: this program registers itself as a locale plug-in.
* Problems with phones like Nexus 4 when receiving calls or when alarm rings while systembar is hidden.
* If you do an OTA update, most devices will lose root, HideBar will stop working till you root the device again.
* Recent applications currently only works with Jelly Bean.
* Devices that contain the systembar or navigation bar (bar at bottom of screen).
* Supports Honeycomb, Ice Cream Sandwich and Jelly Bean.
* Newer Nexus devices (Nexus 4, Nexus 7 and Nexus 10)
* Most tablets and Google TV devices. Also some phones (must contain bar at bottom).