The Brussels Métro started as a pré-métro system which could be compared to German Stadtbahn systems (Cologne, Stuttgart, Essen, Hannover, etc.) with important sections of underground tunnels used by various tram routes. In 1969, the first tram tunnel along today's line 1 was opened between Schuman and De Brouckère, and in 1970 today's line 2 between Madou and Porte de Namur. Today lines 1, 2, 5 and 6 are operated as full metro lines, whereas the north-south city tunnel and the outer ring tunnel in the east are still used by trams stopping at low-level platforms.
In Sept. 2003, a 2.7 km extension of Line 1B from Bizet to Erasme Hospital opened with 4 new stations: La Roue/Het Rad, CERIA/COOVI, Eddy Merckx and Erasme/Erasmus. The last 800 m and Erasme/Erasmus station are on the surface. All stations have an island platform which is directly accessible from street level without a mezzanine.
On 4 April 2009, the ring line was finally completed with the opening of the section between Delacroix and Gare de l'Ouest (Weststation). At the same time the existing network was re-arranged, introducing lines 5 and 6:
Line 1: Gare de l'Ouest - Stockel
Line 2: Simonis (Elisabeth) (low level) - Simonis (Leopold II) (high level): actually only reinforcing line 6
Line 5: Erasme - Herrmann-Debroux
Line 6: Roi Baudouin - Simonis (Leopold II) (high level) - Gare de l'Ouest - Gare du Midi - Simonis (Elisabeth) (low level)
The Brussels Metro is operated by STIB/MIVB (Societé des Transports Intercommunaux de Bruxelles) also responsible for a tram network 133 km long (12 km of which are in tunnels).
Line 1/5 began as a full metro line in 1976 and grew steadily at both ends with two branches on each side. Until 4 April 2009 it was operated as lines 1A (Herrmann-Debroux - Roi Baudouin) and 1B (Erasme - Stockel), with line 1A trains reversing at Beekkant and continuing on the left side towards Roi Baudouin.
20 Sep 1976: De Broukère - Beaulieu and Tomberg
13 Apr 1977: De Broukère - Sainte-Catherine
17 Jun 1977: Beaulieu - Demey
08 May 1981: Sainte-Catherine - Beekkant
07 May 1982: Tomberg - Alma
06 Oct 1982: Beekkant - Saint-Guidon and Beekkant - Bockstael
23 Mar 1985: Demey - Herrmann Debroux
10 May 1985: Bockstael - Heysel
05 Jul 1985: Saint-Guidon - Veeweyde
31 Aug 1988: Alma - Stockel
10 Jan 1992: Veeweyde - Bizet
25 Aug 1998: Heysel station put underground and line 1A extended to Roi Baudouin
15 Sep 2003: Bizet - Erasme
Line 2/6 grew along the inner ring road as a pré-métro line until 1988, when it was eventually adapted for full metro operation (until 4/4/2009 line 2). Line 2/6 is operated on the left side between Clemenceau and Roi Baudouin.
02 Oct 1988: Simonis - Gare du Midi
18 Jun 1993: Gare du Midi - Clemenceau
04 Sept 2006: Clemenceau - Delacroix
04 April 2009: Delacroix - Gare de l'Ouest - Beekkant - (Roi Baudouin)
The North-South Prémétro (shown as Line 3 on older maps) went underground in 1976 between Gare du Nord and Lemonnier; extended further to Albert in Dec. 1993 and now operated as a tram tunnel shared by line 3 and 4, and partly by line 55. Other lines use a short section of the tunnel near Lemonnier.
The Outer Ringroad Prémétro Line (on older maps Line 5), which crosses line 1 at Montgomery, was opened between 1972 (Diamant) and 1975. It is served by lines 7 (ex 23 & 24) and 25.
This application provides the same features as the official one, plus the following:
- Proximity alert: the application warns you when it's time to step out of the vehicle when it's arriving at your destination stop. Requires WiFi to be enabled and does not work underground (Android 2.2+)
- Access nearby stops list directly on application startup
- Tabs on home page for faster access to the different sections
- Use fast scroll to find the desired line easily, or display the lines as a grid
- Animated and colored waiting time counters
- Current time highlighted in timetables
- Quickly switch between recent stops thanks to a dedicated sliding menu
- Create direct shortcuts to stops on your home screen
- Uses Google Maps v2 (in 3D) to show nearby stops (Android 2.2+)
- Visualize itineraries and real time position of vehicles on a map
- List the news related to a specific line
- Compute directions between stops using Google Maps
- Includes a resizable modern bookmarks widget (Android 3.1+)
- DashClock Widget extension (4.2+)
- View the metro maps (Android 3+)
- Android Beam support: transfer waiting times through NFC to other Android devices, including target devices where the application is not installed
- Also optimized for tablets
- Very fast and lightweight app.
This application uses the public data provided by STIB/MIVB and is not officially affiliated in any way with this company.
Key reasons millions of travelers love this app:
Need we say more? Download the app now, there’s absolutely no risk, and we’re sure you’ll love it!
There is no need for a live data connection while using this app, as everything is stored on your phone, after you do an initial update. This means you won’t be charged for expensive data roaming, and the app is super fast to use. You can update user reviews periodically when you are on WiFi.
RESTAURANTS, ATTRACTIONS, HOTELS
All places that are listed on TripAdvisor.com in this city are included in the app.
THOUSANDS OF USER REVIEWS
TripAdvisor’s community of millions of worldwide travelers ensures that content is fresh, plentiful and honest. With over 50 million reviews and thousands more added daily, City Guides offer the best and most recent content.
TripAdvisor members and destination experts have handpicked the best itineraries in the city for you, enabling you to explore interesting neighborhoods, famous landmarks and hidden gems. Using the phone's GPS, you can follow along and read about the interesting sights along the route.
CREATE YOUR OWN TRIP JOURNAL
Want to remember the places you visit? It is now easy to do this with TripAdvisor City Guides. Simply Check In, take a photo and add a note for each location, and your journal and travel album will be created for you automatically. You can share it with friends and family on Facebook, or just use it to remember your trip. And, you can even Check In while you are offline and share later when you are online.
POWERFUL YET EASY TO USE
Searching for pizza around Times Square? Coffee near the Eiffel Tower? Or do you just want to find a highly recommended place near you? With this app you can easily search any way you want, and find exactly what’s best for you and your travel companions.
POINT ME THERE
Once you have selected a restaurant or attraction, this app will guide you there using the fun & useful “Point Me There” screen, which uses the phone’s GPS and Compass.
Written by TripAdvisor members and edited by professionals, City Facts articles provide helpful information for when you plan your trip, such as when to go, how to get around in the city, what neighborhoods to visit, etc.
This app leverages the GPS in the phone to show you the best restaurant, attractions etc nearby. The app also uses the compass to guide you to a place once you selected it
★ BBC: “The unique advantage of Tripomatic's app is that it can sync up with a web-based itinerary-planning service, available for free at tripomatic.com”
★ PC Magazine: “Tripomatic, an app that makes discovering new places to visit interesting.”
★ Guardian’s Android App of the week
★ Featured as one of the Best Travel Apps of 2012 by The Next Web
★ Gizmodo’s App Deal of the Day
✓ Find nearby attractions on an interactive map
✓ Explore sights with photos, contacts, opening hours and admission fees
✓ Get your personal travel guide based on day-by-day planning
✓ Plan your trip right from the phone
✓ Add custom places to save locations important to you and easily find them again
✓ Edit your trip anywhere from any device using www.tripomatic.com
✓ Download and print PDF trip guide (available for free on www.tripomatic.com)
✓ Share your trip in a neat infographic with your friends (available for free on www.tripomatic.com)
To access 300+ more destinations worldwide, download the full-fledged Tripomatic app for free. Available at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tripomatic
Brussels Smart Guide is a mobile app for residents and travelers, that helps to find nearby attractions, restaurants, pharmacies or shops.
Guide contains information about all main tourist attractions in Brussel:
- Royal Museums of Fine Arts of Belgium
- Belgian Comic Strip Center
- Manneken Pis
- Grand Place
- Cantillon Brewery
- Museum of Ancient Art
- BELvue Museum
- Brussels City Museum
Complete information about nearby places (adress with map, users rating, route, website, phone number)
Some of supported types:
Restaurant / Bar / Night club / Lodging / Hotel / Museum / Pharmacy / ATM / Bank / Gas station / Car Repair / Police / Post Office / Shops / Hair Care / Parkings / Hospitals
Event manager with with full information (adress, data, frscription) about the events in Brussel linke: concerts, events, performance
14 days, detailed weather forecast for Brussel
Interactive map of the cities and places with geolocation (GPS) and compass
Brussels (French: Bruxelles, [bʁysɛl]; Dutch: Brussel, [ˈbrʏsəɫ]), officially the Brussels Region or Brussels-Capital Region (French: Région de Bruxelles-Capitale, Dutch: Brussels Hoofdstedelijk Gewest), is the capital of Belgium and the de facto capital of the European Union (EU). It is also the largest urban area in Belgium, comprising 19 municipalities, including the municipality of the City of Brussels, which is the de jure capital of Belgium, in addition to the seat of the French Community of Belgium and of the Flemish Community.
Brussels has grown from a 10th-century fortress town founded by a descendant of Charlemagne to a sizeable city. The city has a population of 1.2 million and a metropolitan area with a population of over 1.8 million, both of them the largest in Belgium. Since the end of the Second World War, Brussels has been a principal centre for international politics. Hosting principal EU institutions and the headquarters of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO), the city has become the polyglot home of numerous international organisations, politicians, diplomats and civil servants.
• Actualités : toutes les dernières actualités de la Ville de Bruxelles.
• Agenda : les activités organisées ou soutenues par la Ville de Bruxelles aujourd'hui ou plus tard (avec moteur de recherche).
• Mobilité : liens vers les sites des sociétés de transport en commun et vers la solution de location de vélos Villo!
• Administration : coordonnées et autres informations sur les bureaux administratifs, les départements et services de l'administration de la Ville de Bruxelles, et sur les bornes Administratel (accès public à l'Internet);
• Vie politique : coordonnées des membres du Collège des Bourgmestre et Echevins.
• Urgences & gardes : coordonnées des services d'urgence et de garde.
L'application permet d'utiliser des cartes (vues plan, satellite) pour repérer des lieux tels que : auberges de jeunesse, bureaux de tourisme, canisites, commissariats de police, distributeurs de billets, espaces verts, parcours BD, parkings handicapés, parkings publics, toilettes et urinoirs publics, stations Villo!
Elle offre l’accès aux images de 3 webcams (Grand-Place de Bruxelles, Atomium, place de Brouckère).
Des liens sont proposés vers les réseaux sociaux(Facebook, Twitter) dans lesquels la Ville de Bruxelles est active.
Would you like to discover cartoon murals in hidden corners of Brussels? Retrace the steps of Napoleon’s and Wellington’s armies on the battlefield of Waterloo? Get to know two capitals in one city get lost in the maze of its historic shopping arcades and admire the world famous royal palaces, parks and museums.
Got tired of sightseeing? Drink a Belgian beer in a traditional brewery, taste mussels with French fries or try the world-famous Belgian chocolate. The browsing mode helps you find your way.
Pocket Guide Audio Guides for iPhone
PocketGuide, the world’s leading audio city guide application, gives you tours by voice, revealing the best stories, insider hangouts and must-see sights in close to 100 major cities and tourist destinations. The app determines your location and a recording of your personal tour guide describes where you are – you don’t need to touch your phone or read from the screen. All the tours are developed by local experts who know their cities inside-and-out. You can choose from different themed tours, or just wander around the city and let PocketGuide inform you when an interesting site is nearby. The app can also record your trip: With one click you can create an amazing 3D video of the sights you see on your travels.
You can use the GPS-activated voice tours for free as long as your phone is online, but that means you will have to pay roaming charges. If you pay to download the tours, you can use them offline, and save on the cost of roaming. We charge a small fee for downloading the offline features because we need to reimburse the tour guides and cover our development costs. Other features you can get for free include a map that works offline and free use of the 3D tour.
• TOURS OFFERED BY LOCAL EXPERTS - Browse more than 400 tours guided by people who make sure you see the most exciting places.
• AUDIO GUIDED TOURS - It will guide you with clear audio cues and once you approach a sight it automatically starts to tell you about it
• SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCES - During your tour you can take photos and add comments; from this PocketGuide automatically creates a 3D video which you can easily share with your friends
• FIND GREAT PLACES - If you are tired, let our guides recommend you the best nearby restaurants and cafés
• AVAILABLE OFFLINE - Once you download a city, the whole content works in offline mode so you don’t have to pay roaming charges
• OFFLINE MAP - Get a free offline map and navigate in the city easily while avoiding roaming charges.
Enjoyed the tours? Keep on traveling? Download PocketGuide's other versions available in other cities of Europe.
* fast and reliable
* features display: shower available, disabled access, baby change, caravan dump point
* search for a toilet by its address
* clarity and simplicity
* no need internet connection
We need volunteers to translate the app to different languages. Please email us if you are willing to help
This is the mappa map for Brussels (French: Bruxelles, Dutch: Brussel) the capital city of Belgium and of Brussels Capital Region.
Included in the offline mappa map for Brussels: Bruxelles/Brussel; Marolles/Marollen; Brussels/Ixelles-Elsene; Molenbeek|Molenbeek (Molenbeek-St-Jean or Sint-Jans-Molenbeek); Saint-Gilles/Sint-Gillis; St-Josse/Sint-Joost; Uccle/Ukkel and Woluwé-Saint-Pierre/Sint-Pieters-Woluwe and Woluwé-Saint-Lambert/Sint-Lambrechts-Woluwe.
Top 5 reasons to get your offline mappa map for Brussels:
1. SIMPLE - No geeky features. It’s a map!
2. ENTIRE LOCATION AVAILABLE OFFLINE - download the entire city and POI database to your phone and travel without an Internet connection. You won’t get any nasty roaming charges. Your map will work anywhere.
3. VECTOR DATA - means that you get maximum detail, maximum zoom and maximum coverage with a tiny map file that takes moments to download and uses hardly any space on your phone.
4. POINT OF INTEREST DATABASE BUILT-IN - Search a dozen categories including, restaurants, bars and hotels, also handy places such as hospitals, taxi ranks and public transport stops. We’ve also included a fuzzy partial search for POI and street names to make it fast and easy.
5. EXCELLENT COVERAGE - Maps are the very latest OpenStreetMap with superb coverage and detail. And you will get free updates to the app and map forever as long as we add new versions.
Install your offline mappa map for Brussels now!
Géolocalisés, les circuits vous proposeront des contenus multimédias accessibles pour toute la famille, des points culturels, historiques et patrimoniaux sur l’Aisne (France), le Nord (France) et la Wallonie picarde (Belgique). Téléchargez en WiFi ou en 3G votre circuit, et découvrez photos, vidéos et commentaires tous plus passionnants les uns que les autres.
Une sélection de balades est proposée pour les personnes à mobilités réduite, dont plusieurs circuits labellisés Tourisme et Handicap.
Randofamili est une application très simple à utiliser, pensée pour une pratique familiale de la randonnée.
Le niveau de difficulté de chacune des balades est indiquée ainsi que l'accès à des poussettes par exemple.
De plus, vous disposez des topofiches en format pdf, téléchargeables gratuitement, avec, pour certaines, destinées plus particulièrement aux jeunes enfants, des cartes aquarellées.
L’application vous propose même un jeu, sous forme de safari photo. Ouvrez grand les yeux pendant vos balades : sur certains points, plusieurs photos vous seront proposées. Une seule aura pu être prise sur place. A vous de bien chercher et de la trouver pour le plus grand plaisir des parents et des enfants.
Chaque balade a été sélectionnée pour un attrait particulier. Toutes sont différentes et toutes vous feront passer de merveilleux moments en famille.
Alors faites vous plaisir, téléchargez vite Randofamili et partez sur les sentiers !
VISITBRUSSELS, the most comprehensive app in Google Play to discover Brussels.
100% Offline (no roaming costs) and 100% free, this app is available in English, French and Dutch.
Simple, functional, extremely complete, free and offline, the VISITBRUSSELS application is your official guide before or during your stay in Brussels.
- Around me: Thanks to the GPS locator (offline) you can easily discover where you are in Brussels and receive information about the “points of interests” POI surrounding you. You can also filter the type of place you want to see on the map from the 1200 addresses listed and updated daily. You can choose between list view or map view.
- Map of Brussels 100% offline (no connection required).
- A database of over 1200 addresses with listing, pictures and practical details + call function.
Discover Brussels through 20 databases structured as follows:
- Do & See : Top10 / Museums & Visits / Monuments & Sites / Events / Attractions & Leisure / Shopping / Markets
- Eat & drink: Restaurants / Bars & Cafés / Breakfast
- Nightlife: Nightclubs / Night Restaurants / Leisure / Live Music
- Sleep: Hotels / Bed & Breakfast / Hostels / Tips / Pack hotels
- Global search functionality in the application based on keywords.
- Search on events in the Cultural Agenda
★★★★★ Over 3 million mobile users are already using our Free Tranport Maps, covering over 30 major cities around the world. This is our first pilot release on Android. Please feedback on any bugs or suggestions to us and we will improve our app for you. We have also lowered the introduction price of our map packs to just 99 cents during this testing phase, buy now to enjoy the low price before it goes back up to $2.99 and $9.99.
You can also purchase our map packs (internet connection required) to download other publicly available PDF maps and store them on your Android device. You can download the maps when you have fast wifi connection - and then use any time in the future without delay.
Please note that we do not provide any of the maps and by clicking on any of the links, you are downloading directly from the web and agreeing to the respective sites license agreement. The software helps you to store and load the downloaded copy to save repeated download time and costs.
Whilst the maps are freely available for download online, our developers and admins have worked hard to come up with the technology and maintain an up-to-date collection of maps. That's why we have ads and in-app paid versions to fund further development.
We believe that anyone with a smartphone should be able to have PDF travel maps on their device and we are working hard to help eliminating the use of paper for travel maps. We are glad to have saved 3 million sheets of paper so far. :)
✔ Download (internet connection required) and store maps and guides for offline use - no more time-consuming searches!
✔ Works with most Android devices including tablet support.
✔ Supports the pinch-to-zoom feature!
✔ Tap on the map for full screen view to hide the toolbars.
✔ Simple user interface and intuitive user experience.
✔ Add Map Packs with in-app purchase.
COMING SOON: Our team is already working on the next version which is even faster, other new features including customizable list for adding and sorting your own list of maps and guides, favorites lists, integration with web community, user-ratings and translation into many languages. Stay tuned for the free update.
We have transport map for the following cities: London, New York, Tokyo, Bangkok, Singapore, Paris, Beijing, San Francisco, Chicago, Madrid, Hong Kong, Brussels, Los Angeles, Geneva, Miami, Amsterdam, Vienna, Philadelphia, Atlanta, Dallas, Buenos Aires, Sao Paulo, Toronto, Shanghai, Prague, Lyon, Rennes, Berlin, Hamburg, Munich, Athens, Delhi, Milan, Naples, Turin, Fukuoka, Kyoto, Nagoya, Osaka, Sapporo, Kuala Lumpur, Mexico City, Rotterdam, Oslo, Moscow, Seoul, Barcelona, Stockholm, Lausanne, Glasgow, Newcastle / Sunderland, Baltimore, Cleveland, Valencia, Porto and Rio de Janeiro.
Our Production Team
iOS Development: Myles Harding, Jin Khera
Graphic Design: Nancy Wu, Bella Xue, Amy Xu
Administrative Support: Sai Wu
Producer: Edward Tsang
Please understand that this is an ongoing development. If you have found any issues or bugs, please let us know by email, firstname.lastname@example.org. We will solve them with free updates.
Check out http://www.ondemandworld.com/wheretoeat/ for more info.
➔ Follow us on Twitter.
‼ Like us on Facebook.