You can study anywhere with Vocabulary Notebook! In the bus, in the doctor's office, while watching football with your guy or while your girl is taking too long to get ready...
NOTE: This free app is limited to 10 words that allow you to try the app. There is an in-app purchase option to unlock this restriction for a very reduced price.
1000+ important question is available.
you can prepare yourself at anyplace, anywhere.
Multiply choice question with 4 answer
Get the answer by click on show answer button.
it measures your ability to use and understand English at the higher level. And it evaluates how well you combine your listening, reading, speaking and writing skills to perform academic tasks.The most challenging in the TOEFL test is that you have to familiar with a wide knowledge of english.
It’s a free vocabulary application with 4800+ frequently occurring English words to improve your English Language.
• A comprehensive tool designed for learning & testing English on the go!
• Three modes to learn the GRE vocabulary/GRE wordlist -
1) Alphabetical Word: Learn words, their meanings word by word.
2) Test yourself: Detailed score and test walk-through options available.
- Ability to save completed test and scorecard for later review.
- Summary gives you a birds-eye view of all questions.
3) Practice Sessions: Learn while practicing
-Where one can also learn words and their meanings.
4) View words as flash Cards
5) Multi-choice questions quiz
6) Tough words with examples
• Browse words alphabetically, sequentially, randomly. You can even star the words as favorite that you find are important/difficult & revise them on demand.
• Easy to use and effective user Interface.
• Wi-Fi or Data Connection not mandatory
• Extremely light-weight
Very useful to learn GRE vocabulary/GRE wordlist/English Vocabulary/English Wordlist.
What's in this version:
Improved screen buttons particularly for less resolution screens.
Settings option to enable/disable sounds
Settings to increase/decrease test speed
Gre Vocab, Gre Vocabulary, Gre Words, Gre Wordlist, Gre Flash Card, Gre preparation, English Vocabulary, English Words, English Wordlist, Gre Mnemonics
Use this tool to create and then memorize your favourite author of a book, members or titles of your preferred bands or other interesting topics from business to leisure. Furthermore we have now realised the interface to quizlet where you can download different content for free from languages to natural science.
In this app you will also find 50 countries and their capitals for free.
In this app you will also find 50 countries and their capitals for free.
Furthermore you can purchase our six-pack for business English, irregular verbs and words for certain topics to deepen your specific knowledge.
*** Features of this App
* Text2Speech support
* Key in your own content directly via your phone.
* Text and image content support
* Import own content from Google Docs.
* Import content from Quizlet.com
* 10" tablet support
* Localizations: english, german, spanish, russian
Develop your individual content with the free of charge Office Suite Google Docs (docs.google.com) and import them all onto this app. All you need for Google Docs is a browser with Internet connection and a Google account.
***** Important ****
This app needs the following permissions to import spreadsheets from Google docs:
* Manage account list: To access the Google accounts on the phone
* Use of an account authentication information: For registration in the Google Docs server
* Network communications and the Internet: To access the Google Docs server
KW: vocabulary trainer, countries, capitals, business English, meetings, small talk, flash cards
More than 70000+ words English to English dictionary.
Daily exercise for building vocabulary...
-Daily Word reminder
-Holiday functionality .
-Simple User Interface OR GUI.
This Functionality is useful for setting one day as a Holiday in week.
If you Set Holiday as "SUNDAY"
Then the application is stop working on Sunday only, and it will be running on other weekdays.
If you want to run Application Everyday then You Must set holiday as "No Holiday"
Translate word or meaning to any of the following language.
English - AFRIKAANS
English - ALBANIAN
English - ARABIC
English - ARMENIAN
English - AZERBAIJANI
English - BASQUE
English - BELARUSIAN
English - BENGALI
English - BULGARIAN
English - CATALAN
English - CHINESE_SIMPLIFIED
English - CHINESE_TRADITIONAL
English - CROATIAN
English - CZECH
English - DANISH
English - DUTCH
English - ENGLISH
English - ESPERANTO
English - ESTONIAN
English - FILIPINO
English - FINNISH
English - FRENCH
English - GALICIAN
English - GEORGIAN
English - GERMAN
English - GREEK
English - GUARANI
English - GUJARATI
English - HEBREW
English - HINDI
English - HUNGARIAN
English - ICELANDIC
English - INDONESIAN
English - IRISH
English - ITALIAN
English - JAPANESE
English - KANNADA
English - KOREAN
English - LAOTHIAN
English - LATVIAN
English - LITHUANIAN
English - MACEDONIAN
English - MALAY
English - MALTESE
English - MARATHI
English - NORWEGIAN
English - PERSIAN
English - POLISH
English - PORTUGUESE
English - ROMANIAN
English - RUSSIAN
English - SERBIAN
English - SLOVAK
English - SLOVENIAN
English - SPANISH
English - SWAHILI
English - SWEDISH
English - TAMIL
English - TELUGU
English - THAI
English - UKRANIAN
English - URDU
English - VIETNAMESE
English - WELSH
English - YIDDISH
Useful for GRE, CAT, CMAT, XAT, SAT, GMAT, ILETS exam also.
Thanks to Google Translator Version. for multiple language translation use.
Application require at least 55MB size on Phone memory for successful installation.
For Text To Speech TTS Engine need to be installed on your handset.
- 2000 most common TOEFL and TOIEC words and their audio pronunciations
- Three learning modes that help you memorize words faster and longer
- Hard word list which is automatically created during your learning process so that you can review them easily.
A version for iPhone/iPad is also available in Apple App store.
Want to REALLY boost your vocabulary? Then you need something more than just regular flashcards. You need Vocab++, where we've curated images by hand that assist in helping our users remember the words thanks to visual association. Remember the illustrated books when you were a kid, that helped you learn words? That's the basic principle.
Honestly, there is no simpler way to boost your vocabulary for the long run.
TAGS: Test preparation, GRE, SAT, TOEFL, CAT, GMAT, Vocabulary, vocab, visual, flashcards, hand curated
- The Academic Version is intended for those who want to enroll in universities and other institutions of higher education and for professionals such as medical doctors and nurses who want to study or practice in an English-speaking country.
- The General Training Version is intended for those planning to undertake non-academic training or to gain work experience, or for immigration purposes.
IELTS is accepted by most Australian, British, Canadian, Irish, New Zealand and South African academic institutions, over 3,000 academic institutions in the United States, and various professional organizations. It is also a requirement for immigration to Australia and New Zealand. In Canada, IELTS, TEF, or CELPIP are accepted by the immigration authority.
Being able to use a rich vocabulary is a major advantage in the IELTS and will certainly help you get a higher score. It will also be beneficial in your academic, personal and professional life. This IELTS Vocabulary app will help you achieve your goal more efficiently:
- The database contains a list of about 4500 essential IELTS words with pronunciation and a brief definition.
- It uses 3 different approaches (Word List, Flashcard and Quiz) to fit in different students’ study habits.
- You may mark the words that you’re not familiar with and review only those marked words in Flashcard mode.
- It tracks your progress and results for all quizzes you take.
Be better prepared!
If you find this app helpful, you may also want to try the Pro version for a very small price.
The pro version has about 4000 more words and has no ads.
While having fun, you will master 1838 challenging words using our flashcards , reactor and quiz games.
Make words your friends . The app is specifically helpful for students giving competitive exams who are looking to substantially enhance their vocabulary into top tier. This app lets you build a lifelong critical skill without paying money.
Salient Features :
1) Flash Cards for 1838 words .
2) Ability to add or remove word from favorites/revision list .
3) A fun quiz mode where you will be given a word and four options to choose the meaning from . Score as high as you can consuming at most 5 lives .
4) Got that friend you gotta prove you have stronger vocab than . Try the reactor game mode . Score more than your friend in this fun filled two player geeky game . The first of its kind in any vocabulary application out there.
KeyWords : Vocabulary , WordList
Disclaimer : "GMAT" and other GMAC® trademarks are registered trademarks of the Graduate Management Admission Council®. The Graduate Management Admission Council® does not endorse, nor is affiliated in any way with my application.
1. Practice english examination Toeic, Ielts, Toeft, Gre, Sat. Every subject provides a series of well-known channels for learning vocabulary english such as australian network, english ryan, accademic english help...
2. Learning vocabulary by common topics with many levels elementary, intermediate, advance.
3. Learning vocabulary by english majors such as business, IT, tourism, medical.
The learning page displays words (without translation at first).
The application provides multiple actions to choose from:
"Remember" - if the word is familiar, then move to the next.
"Translation" - translate a word, if not familiar.
This is how the learning happens.
* Mode of learning new words.
* Get a list of words to remember from any URL.
* Translation of the word list.
* Change the direction of translation during training.
* Display pictures of the meaning of words.
1) Sorting words into categories of sources: books, articles, movies, songs.
2) Ability to add words to a list.
3) Add German language.
CATHIE (Camille around the house in English) contains something for everyone learning English thanks to the diversity of the app's functions.
The 50 videos in CATHIE were designed to enable any level of learner to understand the vocabulary in a clear context
- these videos contain over 400 words, including 120 irregular verbs, adjectives, adverbs, prepositions and more...
The three dictionary pages in CATHIE are unique
- the 1st dictionary contains the vocabulary used in the app and a simple click reveals a photograph of the word
- the 2nd dictionary is 120 irregular verbs, complete with sound file and examples
- the third dictionary is of the 36 actions from our videos.
CATHIE contains a games' page with four educational games designed to use the vocabulary and grammar in the app.
Our notes’ page allows users to store new vocabulary or other personal notes on their device.
About us and our teaching philosophy
Many foreign English speakers began their English studies at school, so after seven or eight years of hard studying. they should be able to speak and understand day-to-day English : we expect nothing less of our educational system. However, when the average student of English attempts to use the language outside a classroom and a notebook, they are unable to understand spoken English.
Why does our educational system focus so much on grammar and out-of-context vocabulary?
It is an interesting question and may be compared to learning how the engine of a car functions before we are allowed to get behind the wheel and drive. Schools still use a system from the 1800’s when students were required to drill Latin grammar and focus on translation and grammar rules entirely! This method of learning a second language has, of course, lost its extreme form and nowadays English teachers do incorporate listening, speaking and role plays in the English lessons. However, the very essence of English language teaching remains the same.
Students are instructed in English grammar, and regularly given new English words to memorize. After relentless English studies you’re expected to master the language by understanding how English grammar works and by being able to use vocabulary that’s acquired throughout years long memorization drills.
Our school, therefore, must cater for two different types of learners: those that would like to speak English and those that need to pass the exams imposed by the educational system.
While in many exact sciences you indeed can reap rewards by focusing on crunching numbers in your copybook, it just doesn’t work with languages! The only natural way to use the English language is to use it as means of communication, but if you go the path created by scholars, success is rare.
I have yet to meet a person that found the educational system interesting - for the most part they’re not so interesting at all because they focus on telling you everything about how the language is built. English syntax, grammar and vocabulary is scrutinized in detail and throughout your grades you’ll be required to learn more and more advanced English grammar rules, sentence structures, writing techniques and styles and so on and on.
I think that while the main focus in English learning needs to be put on acquiring natural speech patterns through speech, it’s still useful to know how the language is built. And occasionally doing grammar tests can give your English skills an edge, at least you can learn about differences between formal and conversational English that way.
* Body parts
* On the Beach
and many more ...
Both English / Spanish and Spanish / English, Vocabulary! offers more than 5,000 vocabulary words in the two languages.
- TOEIC Vocabulary: The data is standard from the book "600 standards essential words for the TOEIC - 3rd edition" with many parts: definition, vietnamese meaning, examples, related words and testing lessons for every word category.
- TOEFL/IELTS Vocabulary: "5000 words for TOEFL & IELTS". The data has only definition of the words.
Especially, with every lesson, you can do test lessons to remembered longer. Additionally, through widget, the application helps you to learn vocabulary every hour, every day like "small rain lays great dust". The app works offline, so you learn anytime, anywhere without a network connection.
The application has features as following:
- Support pronunciation and translation.
- Supports two types of widgets (4x2 and 2x2) gives you flexibility in use.
- Supports for multiple profiles as show/hide parts of words, change display font size
- Supports sharing the app via Facebook, Twitter, Google+...
For more effective learning, below is some small tips upon application:
1. Spend 15 to 30 minutes everyday to learn a list of categories. At each category, firstly learning with full meaning, then go to "Settings", un-select the relevant settings. This helps you remember of the words meaning faster.
2. After completing the words lesson in each category, you do the test lessons. This will help you remember the learned words longer.
3. Please add widget to your android Home Screen, so every opening, a certain word is shown on the display. This is the way that the application helps you to learn words gradually rather than over-full manner causing difficult to remember. This function is helpful for people with limited time.
Have an effective learning and success in TOEIC/TOEFL/IELTS examination!
EnglishUp is a multiple choice game to learn vocabulary of other languages. Most used words in English ordered by use. For each one you get right, your score will add one. Search, play, listen to words to know their pronunciation and pass all levels. EnglishUp is not a dictionary. EnglishUp is not a translator.
The app also includes level with 169 irregular verbs and level with 803 phrasal verbs 803 .
It also includes button to suggest better translations or point out errors in the database . We are grateful that the database improves. Each 100 changes it will be updated.
The database includes translations in :
The speech synthesizer is available at:
*In most devices, speech works correctly, but if it does not work on your phone, just go to "voice input and output" in your phone settings and set the wanted speech motor.
*Dont hesitate to coment any problem or suggestion!
* EnglishUp not be used in isolation. It is simply to learn and review vocabulary. For a good learning be reconciled with other resources such as books or television series. The study of grammar is important to learn the language well. For this there are other applications that can help you with as you babbel or busuu. After this, a very useful and entertaining to assimilate the language is to see series that you like or even that you already know. But do not forget, whenever you want to expand your vocabulary, here will be EnglishUp. Best of luck!
*If you have a english academy or similar and you are interested on develop a level to promote your academy or for a specific theme or kind of words, just contact to firstname.lastname@example.org
* EnglishUp is officially on sale for any business application development or investor. Contact: email@example.com
Tags: learn, english, vocabulary, trivial, spanish, french, game
No online connection required :)
Currently the following languages are supported:
Over 1000 words for each language pair suitable for primary school make it easy to get the basics of the language learned quickly. You can pair languages to learn as you like from the list above. Just click the flags :)
+ it's free
+ works offline
More from developer
Wave your phone randomly and influence the next algorithmically generated piece.
http://computoser.com is an algorithm that tries to turn the computer into a music composer.
Each track you hear is uniquely generated.
It doesn't use fractals, golden ratio, Fibonacci numbers or anything like that - it just does what a music composer normally does when composing a song/piece.
An anyversary is when a round number of seconds, minutes, hours, days, weeks, months or years have elapsed since a given event. For example, there is an anyversary on the 10,000th day since your birthday, or on the 200,000th minute since your wedding. You will be notified for these events so that you can celebrate them properly
So, in addition to the regular anniversaries, you have a lot more occasions to have a beer on.
This app will remind you once a week to think of any symptoms you might have had. A symptom may be pain in a given organ or simply a tension in your body.
How to use? Just answer the question "Did anything hurt in your body this week?" and that's all.