Clinical rotations is where medical references are needed the most, with the highly intuitive interface of 'Normal Lab Values Reference', you've got over 200+ lab tests at your fingertips in a way never presented before.
The 'Normal Lab Values Reference' are clearly arranged, alphabetically ordered and quickly located.
The most commonly used clinical laboratory values and other useful relevant information such as Biochemistry Test, Haematology Test,Immunology Test, Serology Test, Microbiology Test, Molecular Test Detection, Hormone Test,Sputum Test and etc.
The application's interface is understandable, easy to navigate.
-- More than 250 types of examinations for consultation;
-- Categories: Immunology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Hematology and Nutrition and etc.
All information is current, but in view of the possibility of human error or changes in medical guidelines, you should always confirm the information.We are not responsible for forms of application usage by user. Orient always seek a diagnosis and professional treatment for any medical condition.
Microbiology test, blood test, disease, conditions, Health Record, Health Info, Diet, Nutrition, Biochemistry Test, Hematology Test, Immunology Test, Serology Test, Microbiology Test, Molecular Test Detection, Hormone Test, Sputum Test ,Acid phosphatase, Adrenocorticotrophic hormone, Alanine transaminase, Alkaline phosphatase, Alpha1-proteinase, inhibitor, Ammonia, Amylase, Ascorbic acid test, Aspartate transaminase, Biotin, Blood urea nitrogen, Carr-price test, Catecholamines in urine, Ceruloplasmin, Chloride, Creatinine kinase, Diabetes Mellitus Folic acid, Follicle stimulating hormone test, Gamma glutamyl transpeptidase, Glycosylated haemoglobin, Hematuria, High density lipoproteins, Iron and iron binding capacity in serum, Lactate dehydrogenase, Low density lipoproteins, Lipase, Niacin, Protein, Prothrombin time tests
Be a part of GCC’s first physician referral network that allows you free access to
educational materials and connection with other medical professionals.
Manage & register your patients, view their reports, and access our database of education materials. All from your Android Device.
UNIQUE FEATURES OF THE SYSTEM
Ordering Online: Our Customer Service team will contact your patient to arrange sample collection.
Tracking: Ability to track the progress of the analytically process and predict the time of result delivery.
Instant Access: Have reports sent to you directly without having to chase them through the system.
Ease of Use: The ability to view the results of all tests ordered by you anytime/ anywhere from your mobile device.
Preferential Discounts: Receive special discounts on the list price of our tests exclusively for the
physicians on our network.
Easy and Secure: Receive access to our technicians and pathologists for discussing tests results
INDIVIDUAL PHYSICIAN ADVANTAGES
1. Discounts on tests referred
2. Access free medical educational materials online through affiliation with successful organizations
from around the world.
3. Receive invitations to local medical seminars specific to your specialty to count towards your
HOW DO I SIGN UP?
1. Simply fill up the Registration Form to complete a few details
2. You will be visited by one of our marketing representatives to demonstrate
the use of the system or we'll provide the provide the user manual of the app.
3. Once registered, you will be provided a Username and Password to log-in to you
account and start placing orders.
We hope to be able to serve you with unmatched efficiency and professionalism.
Comprehensive study guide for preparing for the Medical Lab Technician Certification. Includes more than 2700 multiple choice quiz questions and 2700 flashcards.
Includes glossary with common terms and definitions in eight (8) learning modules:
• Lab Tests & Results
• My Custom Learning Module
- Create your own flashcards, multiple-choice and glossary
- Send multiple-choice quiz questions to friends
- Post score for global ranking
- Keep up to date with latest news and articles with the
Healthcare news feed.
Learn by multiple-choice quiz & flashcards.
Use the question list as a reference guide.
Email a quiz report card for review of incorrect answers.
keywords: medical lab results, lab results, medical lab values, medical lab tests, medical laboratory results, medical labs, lab tests, lab work, laboratory tests, clinical lab tests, diagnostic laboratories, hematology tests, complete blood count, blood lab, blood lab values, blood count
Have you come across laboratory tests and did not know WHAT they meant?
Already suspected a diagnosis but forgot which laboratory test would prove?
Have you noticed that laboratory values undergo a change as your location?
ClinicLab is the best laboratory application, because with it you can add all the tests you want with your own comments, observations and directions in all exams in addition to indicate the main power situations, pathological or physiological, in that they can be with the values raised or lowered.
The application has been designed for helping professionals and students of saúde.Med. Since they can make their own laboratory encyclopedia pocket. Physicians, nurses, students, and others can enjoy this great app to lab.
McGraw-Hill’s Manual of Laboratory & Diagnostic Tests focuses specifically on what you need to know to understand the test, educate the patient, and provide safe, effective care before, during, and after the test. In addition, this easy-to-use clinical companion is the only text to actively incorporate evidence-based
practice features throughout, both in test monographs and appendices—a major advantage that enhances your ability to apply the book’s content to your daily practice.
• A cohesive 5-part organization covering the full range of laboratory tests, diagnostic tests, laboratory/diagnostic assessments of body function, education and screening
• Time-saving alphabetical organization of tests allows for quick in-app searching.
• Skill-sharpening references to national guidelines, including JCAHO
• Full coverage of clinical interventions/implications
• Essential insights into the possible meanings of abnormal values and contraindications
• Key references that pertain to evidence-based practice
• Critical patient teaching information
Designed for medical staff in training and in practice, each lab contains important clinical information, critical lab values, differential diagnoses, tube colors, useful websites, and easy access to related lab values needed for work in a hospital or primary practice care setting. You also have the ability to edit the lab values and tube colors to match your current institution as well as write notes about a lab to remember later. All of this in a polished, easy to use interface that quickly lets you search for labs you might have not encountered (by both common name and abbreviations), save favorite labs for easy access, and view the last 20 labs to quickly get back to what you were looking at before.
What makes this app better that the rest? Frequent updates, thoroughly researched information, more lab values, and quick support for issues via e-mail and Twitter within 24 hours. Missing a lab value? Contact me to get it added after I investigate to find the most accurate and appropriate information useful to you.
More than 320+ lab values are included in the following categories:
+ Cardiovascular (24)
+ Electrolytes (29)
+ Endocrine (28)
+ Gastrointestinal (19)
+ Hematology (59)
+ Immunology (33)
+ Neurology (14)
+ Oncology (12)
+ Renal (26)
+ Respiratory (12)
+ Toxicology (33)
As well as easy access to common lab panels:
+ Antibody Screen
+ Arterial Blood Gases (ABGs)
+ Basic Metabolic Panel (BMP)
+ Complete Blood Count (CBC)
+ Comprehensive Metabolic Panel (CMP)
+ Iron Panel
+ Kidney Function Tests (KFTs)
+ Liver Function Tests (LFTs)
+ Lipid Profile
+ Lumbar Puncture (LP)
+ Thyroid Function Tests (TFTs)
+ Urinalysis (UA)
Lab results have the following information:
• Detailed lab information telling you about the lab in general and why it's usually ordered
• Reference values in both US and SI units
• Ability to edit normal and critical values to match your institution (because every lab can be different)
• High and low differentials indicating to you possible disease states that could tip you in the right direction of potential diagnoses.
• Ability to write and save notes for you to view later for your reference
• Editable tube colors (because not every lab is the same!)
• Information about any special tasks needed in order to get accurate results (i.e. chill sample on ice, tell patient to fast the day before, specific foods to avoid that may cause inaccurate results)
• Links to useful external website content from Google, Wikipedia, MedlinePlus, LabTestsOnline, and WebMD
• Other related labs often ordered in a panels together.
For support, you can reach me below:
Twitter: @medplusapps (twitter.com/medplusapps)
DISCLAIMER: The information included in this application is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Please consult with a medical professional before making decisions based information included in this application.
NOTE: Access to online sites requires an active Internet connection (3G, EDGE or WiFi).
Now available for Android!
** 3 in 1: Lab Values, Abbv, Prefix/Suffix is the premium resource for all healthcare professionals and students. Inside this one app you’ll find Lab Reference Values, Medical Abbreviations and Medical Prefix/Suffix, all at hand and ready to use, anytime, anywhere.
You’re a busy healthcare worker on the go, seeing patients, helping people. You need answers and references fast, so you can keep the flow going and get to as many patients as you can. That’s why you need 3 in 1 Lab Reference on your iPhone, iPod touch or iPad.
This is really three medical apps in one. Lab Reference Values, Medical Abbreviations, and Medical Prefix and Suffix, are all inside this amazingly helpful application.
Everything you need for fast reference is in here – 265 lab values organized into 16 classic categories as well as 12 common panels categories with links to Google, Clinilab Navigator, Lab Tests Online, Medline Plus, and WebMD for more information. Thousands of commonly used abbreviations. More than 400 prefixes/suffixes with the meaning, origin language, etymology, and examples. Vast resources and examples are right at your fingertips, ready for whenever or wherever you might need them, as reminders or as an educational tool.
What separates us from the rest of the Lab Values apps? Our app is fully customizable. All of the data contained in 3 in 1 Lab Reference if fully editable, so go ahead and customize it to suit your needs or add notes to an entry.
Look at the indispensable features you get in 3 in 1 Lab Reference:
* Simple and easy to use interface
* 3 apps in 1
* 265 Lab Reference Values in 16 different categories
* "Common Panels" section to look up lab values organized by commonly ordered lab panels
* Labs values are presented in SI or US units
* Thousands of medical abbreviations
* Over 400 prefixes/suffixes with origin language, etymology, and examples
* Only medical reference app with fully editable data!
* Links to important resources including Google, Wikipedia, Medline Plus, Clinlab Navigator, Lab Tests Online, and WebMD
* Recently viewed section, Favorites section, and powerful search for fast retrieval of data
* The perfect reference tool for healthcare professionals and students
Lab Value categories include:
* Cardiac Labs (12)
* Renal Labs (6)
* Urinalysis (14)
* Electrolytes (19)
* Acid/Base Balance (8)
* Iron Studies (9)
* Pancreatic Disease (5)
* Liver Disease (13)
* Tumor Markers (9)
* Hematology (38)
* CSF Analysis (11)
* Lipid Panel (8)
* Drug Levels (27)
* Toxicology (7)
* Endocrine Labs (38)
* Immunology Labs (23)
Common Lab Panels include:
* Acute Viral Hepatitis Panel
* Arterial Blood Gas
* Basic Metabolic Panel
* Coagulation Panel
* Complete Blood Count
* Complete Metabolic Panel
* CSF Analysis
* Iron Studies
* Lipid Panel
* Liver Function Tests
* Thyroid Function Panel
Information included for Lab Values includes:
* Reference Values (SI and US)
* Critical Values
* Lab Description
* Differential diagnosis for elevated values
* Differential diagnosis for low values
* Container information
* Personal comments
* Additional information section with links to Google, Clinilab Navigator, Lab Tests Online, Web MD, Medline Plus, and Wikipedia
* Related Labs section
If you are in the healthcare industry, this app is the one to help you heal others and get through your day productively.
As every clinician knows, decision making is the trickiest part of medicine.
Everyone expects you to make 'perfect' decisions - but even after years of medical training and clinical experience, it is often not easy to figure out what the right decision might be.
“Clinical Sense” consists of a series of scenarios which put your clinical judgement to the test, challenging you to decide between options that are seemingly similar, but ever so different in consequences.
Are you astute enough to make the right call over and over again? Are you tactful enough to work yourself out of the tricky spots you get yourself into owing to that SINGLE “not so correct” decision you've made?
Use “Clinical Sense” to brush up your clinical acumen in those short yet invaluable pockets of time in your busy schedule!
Each scenario is short enough to be completed within a couple of minutes, but at the same time provides insight into key aspects of the clinical approach.
Experienced MDs can expect a great refresher; residents and medical students will have the opportunity to improve their clinical decision making skills.
Behind the seemingly simple cartoon images lies a highly credible medical resource. Each scenario is referenced against contemporary medical literature, and follows current management guidelines.
New scenarios are added on a regular basis, and can downloaded without updating the app!
■ Clear, concise coverage of 375 of the most commonly performed laboratory tests. Organized by body systems and lab panels, and presented in a consistent format with normal findings, indications, test explanation, test results and clinical significance.
■ Over 1100 “mini” drug monographs that include generic names, trade names, drug classes, pregnancy risk category, controlled substance schedule and we provide to the full FDA monograph through dailymed.nlm.nih.gov.
DIAGNOSTIC TESTS AND PROCEDURES
■ Quickly access indications of commonly ordered diagnostic imaging tests and procedures.
DISEASES, SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS
■ Quickly access the names of well organized diseases, signs and symptoms and search for key information.
This app contains 3 types of medical calculators:
■ Convert lab values from SI to US units.
■ Convert units of measure: Temperature, Mass (Weight), Height, Length, Volume and more.
■ Commonly used clinical calculators: BMI, BEE, Estimated Delivery Date, Creatinine Clearance and more
MEDICAL SPANISH TO ENGLISH DICTIONARY
■ Our English to Spanish medical dictionary translates most common medical words on the fly.
■ Effective, fast, and convenient reference for medical words in both English and Spanish! It is a quick and easy tool to find just the right words you need when communicating with your patients. Words are listed by category with English words and their Spanish translations, and Spanish words and their English translations. It is ideal for every medical or nursing student!
■ Latin and Greek Prefixes, Suffixes, and Root Words are the building blocks of most medical words, understanding these word parts are essential to comprehensive entry-level knowledge of medical language and terminology. We provide you with enough Prefixes, Suffixes, and Root Words in our dictionary to decipher most medical words.
■ Access over 16,000 medical related abbreviations.
ACCESS PUBMED, DAILYMED, MEDLINE AND WIKIPEDIA
■ Connect to PubMed from within our app to search abstracts and link to publishers websites to view full page articles. Now you can email that great article you found or just save it to Evernote account.
■ Search Medline, DailyMed and Wikipedia from within our app to instantly access the library of medical information contained in these databases via the Web.
*Disclaimer: The information contained in this application is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Imago LLC and while we endeavor to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the application or the information. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this application.
This medical disease hand book can act as a clinical advisor for self diagnosis and can also be used to look up symptoms, diseases and treatment. Medical diseases dictionary free download is like a FREE Doctor at home for common diseases and treatment codes.
Diseases dictionary FREE - Medical App Features:
- Works Offline without internet.
- Detailed description of all major medical conditions and diseases.
- Information regarding treatment of diseases for all medical conditions and symptoms along with medication information, medication interaction and drug side effects.
- Medical reference book and thesaurus covering all medical terminologies and abbreviations.
- Prescription drug info along with pill description is provided in the treatment section.
- Physicians desk reference and pharmaceuticals dictionary.
- A handy free pocket guide for nurses for use as an emergency guide.
Who can use this free disease dictionary:
Healthcare professionals, pharmaceuticals, physicians, hospital nurses, medical students, nursing professionals, pharmacy, physician assistants and for students who work in clinical practice & dispensary.
This app cannot and should not replace a pharmacist or a doctor consultation. App content is only for pocket reference & educational purposes. Consult a doctor before actual usage of any of the information in this app.
We have attempted to ensure that information of this app. is accurate and up to the standards accepted at
the time of publication in the coming updates.
1. Medlabs Tests’ Catalog.
2. Share test results with a doctor by email.
3. Schedule a house call visit with check team availability function.
4. Receive notification about new tests, promotion and health campaigns.
5. View Information about Sehtak Bil Denia program; program details, packages, included tests, fees.
6. Locate nearest Medlabs branch.
7. Bilingual Interface (Arabic/English).
The user manual is a invaluable resource containing:
- a comprehensive list of all tests offered by the Rotunda Department of Clinical Laboratory Medicine
- a comprehensive list of all tests outsourced by the Rotunda Department of Clinical Laboratory Medicine
- Reference Ranges for all tests and profiles
- all test details including specimen requirements, TAT, special requirements etc
- Links to websites and direct phone numbers to outsourced laboratories
- General Information: opening times, on call service, Dept contact details etc
- A animated tube guide and order of draw
- Haemovigilance guidelines including massive transfusion protocols, anti_D policy etc
- Geo-locator and map esp useful for students or new staff
A-a Gradient EquationA - a gradient = PAO2 - PaO2 Where:
PAO2 = alveolar PO2 (calculated from the alveolar gas equation)
PaO2 = arterial PO2 (measured in arterial blood)
The Alveolar Gas EquationPAO2 = PIO2 - PACO2/R
Where: PIO2 = FIO2 x (760 mmHg - 47mmHg) = inspired O2
- FIO2 = 21% at sea level atmospheric pressure = 0.21
- 760 mmHg = atmospheric pressure at sea level
- 47 mmHg = H2O pressure
PACO2 = arterial PCO2 measured in plasma
R = respiratory exchange ratio or respiratory quotient = 0.8 under normal conditions
Values and MeaningThe normal A-a gradient is < 10 mmHg, but can range from 5-20 mmHg in a normal individual. An increased A-a gradient suggests a diffusion defect, V/Q (ventilation/perfusion) defect, or right-to-left shunt.
[Na] - ([Cl] + [HCO3]) = [other anions] - [other cations] = "Anion Gap"
Sodium is the major positively charged ion (cation) in the fluid outside of cells of the body. The chemical notation for sodium is Na. When combined with chloride (Cl), the resulting substance is table salt (NaCl).
The normal blood sodium level is 135 - 145 milliEquivalents/liter (mEq/L), or in international units, 135 - 145 millimoles/liter (mmol/L). Results may vary slightly among different laboratories.
A serum osmolality test measures the amount of chemicals dissolved in the liquid part (serum) of the blood. Serum osmolality can be calculated by measuring the amounts of sodium, glucose, and blood urea nitrogen (BUN) in the blood.
with possible scores ranging from 0 up to 5. A separate category (of 6) is sometimes added for patients who die. The modified Rankin scale has been used widely in both secondary prevention and acute stroke trials,including most of the thrombolysis trials.In order to detect a treatment effect or to demonstrate clinical improvement, it is important that patients are rated in a consistent manner, minimising variability.