Hidden with the urban landscape are buildings that signpost the city’s industrial history. This guided tour provides an illustrated guide to the rich architectural heritage of these buildings and recounts the history of the Cathedral Quarter and through them the story of old Belfast.
This app provides a guided tour of the architectural heritage of the Cathedral Quarter, an area of cultural and historical importance focussed around St Anne’s Cathedral, Belfast.
• The starting point for your tour is the Four Corners, at the junction of Bridge Street, North Street and Waring Street.
• Use the map to find the 12 points of interest (POI) on your tour.
• Walk to the location and click the corresponding point on the map to reveal information about that POI.
• Text, images, video and audio will illustrate the buildings historical and architectural merit.
• The app features short videos (approx. 10MB) streamed from the internet. An internet connection (3G or Wi-Fi) is required to view the videos and data charges may apply.
• The app does not use GPS so the content can viewed anywhere.