BitKnights makes quality apps for people who love or use languages. That's why we have been developing this app for 5 years now, and will continue to do so in the future. Our Latin English Dictionary & Translator is an easy to use, lightning fast, user friendly dictionary with a huge database. Lightning fast translates from english to latin and latin to english.
- Voice pronunciation and input
- More than 100,000 translation pairs
- Quick search while typing (accentuation independent)
- Detailed view of the chosen word with phrases and synonyms
- Word-tap: you can tap on any word in the detailed view, to find its translations (Only in PRO version!)
- Speech in detailed view: clicking on any word will pronounce you the selected word or phrase
- Copy in detailed view: long tapping on any word will copy the word or phrase (Only in PRO version!)
- Integrated Google/Bing Translate (Internet connection is required!)
- Integrated Wiki search (Internet connection is required!)
- History & Favorites
- Moon Reader and FBReader translate support (Only in PRO version!)
- Translate by Share functionality: translate easily by sharing words with the dictionary from other apps. (Only in PRO version!)
- Translate from Clipboard notification bar: translate easily by enabling notification bar copying text to the clipboard and tapping on the notification bar. (Only in PRO version!)
If you like our app, please review it.
If you are a student or scientist, it will helps you to learn the language!
Latin is still used in biological taxonomy.
A premium version is also available with the following features:
- Copy phrases to the clipboard for later use
- Easy web searches to learn more about a phrase
- No ads!
The Vulgate is a late 4th-century Latin translation of the Bible. It was largely the work of St. Jerome, who was commissioned by Pope Damasus I in 382 to make a revision of the Vetus Latina (old Latin translations). Its widespread adoption eventually led to their eclipse. By the 13th century this revision had come to be called the versio vulgata, that is, the "commonly used translation". In the 16th century it became the definitive and officially promulgated Latin version of the Bible in the Roman Catholic Church.
Before the publication of Pius XII's Divino Afflante Spiritu, the Vulgate was the source text used for many translations of the Bible into vernacular languages. In English, the interlinear translation of the Lindisfarne Gospels as well as other Old English Bible translations, the translation of John Wycliffe, the Douay-Rheims Bible, the Confraternity Bible, and Ronald Knox's translation were all made from the Vulgate.
The Vulgate has a compound text that is not entirely the work of Jerome. Its components include:
- Jerome's independent translation from the Hebrew: the books of the Hebrew Bible, usually not including his translation of the Psalms. This was completed in 405.
- Translation from the Greek of Theodotion by Jerome: The three additions to the Book of Daniel; Song of the Three Children, Story of Susanna, and The Idol Bel and the Dragon. The Song of the Three Children was retained within the narrative of Daniel, the other two additions Jerome moved to the end of the book.
- Translation from the Septuagint by Jerome: the Rest of Esther. Jerome gathered all these additions together at the end of the book of Esther.
- Translation from the Hexaplar Septuagint by Jerome: his Gallican version of the Book of Psalms. Jerome's Hexaplaric revisions of other books of Old Testament continued to circulate in Italy for several centuries, but only Job and fragments of other books survive.
- Free translation by Jerome from a secondary Aramaic version: Tobias and Judith.
- Revision by Jerome of the Old Latin, corrected with reference to the oldest Greek manuscripts available: the Gospels.
- Old Latin, more or less revised by a person or persons unknown: Baruch, Letter of Jeremiah, 3 Esdras, Acts, Epistles, and the Apocalypse.
- Old Latin, wholly unrevised: Epistle to the Laodiceans, Prayer of Manasses, 4 Esdras, Wisdom, Ecclesiasticus, and 1 and 2 Maccabees.
Jerome did not embark on the work with the intention of creating a new version of the whole Bible, but the changing nature of his program can be tracked in his voluminous correspondence. He had been commissioned by Damasus I in 382 to revise the Old Latin text of the four Gospels from the best Greek texts, and by the time of Damasus' death in 384 he had thoroughly completed this task, together with a more cursory revision from the Greek Septuagint of the Old Latin text of the Psalms in the Roman Psalter which is now lost. How much of the rest of the New Testament he then revised is difficult to judge today, but little of his work survived in the Vulgate text.
The Vulgate is usually credited as being the first translation of the Old Testament into Latin directly from the Hebrew Tanakh, rather than the Greek Septuagint. Jerome's extensive use of exegetical material written in Greek, on the other hand, as well as his use of the Aquiline and Theodotiontic columns of the Hexapla, along with the somewhat paraphrastic style in which he translated makes it difficult to determine exactly how direct the conversion of Hebrew to Latin was.
whether it is the declension or the conjugation of the latin language. Through the structure
of different sections, categories and subcategories, it shows the most easiest way of
learning and memorise the vocabulary.In addition the Latin Trainer offers an individual
statistic, that prevents you from further mistakes.
Start improving your Latin today with this easy to use application. Learn daily with this app to improve your Latin vocabulary (verbs, nouns, adjectives, adverbs). Translate English into Latin and Latin into English over 200 words and sentences in this amazing Latin word a day application.
English to Latin and Latin to English Translator and Dictionary
Easily translate Latin to English and English to Latin.
Each screen on Latin word a day helps you improve your Latin we show the English meaning the Latin translation and example sentence in English and an example sentence in Portuguese! Make learning a new language easy with Latin word of the day!
Over 30 grammar notes included. Conjugate verbs easily with the conjugator tool
Developed as part of the "Collins Education" stream, this dictionary is designed for all levels of language learners, whether at home, at school, or at work.
The Foremost Authority on the Language of Today
• Comprehensive and authoritative, with all the words and phrases you need
• Extra help with difficult words
• Easy-to-use colour layout helps you find what you are looking for quickly and easily
Words are tools for life. And a Collins Dictionary makes them work for you.
A SEARCH TOOL
featuring search autocomplete to help you find words quickly by displaying predictions similar to the terms you're typing. You also get enhanced search extras including:
• A quick search of words while you type.
• A 'fuzzy filter' for when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word.
• A 'keyword' search for finding key words within compound words.
• A wild card search function ('*' or '?') which can replace a letter or entire parts of a word.
• Download dictionary definitions locally for offline word lookup.
A LEARNING TOOL
including a number of features that help you further enhance your vocabulary:
• A 'Favorites' feature to create custom folders with lists of words from the extensive library, including cross-curriculum words.
• History list to help you easily review looked-up words.
• Discover more using the included special language notes.
• See words in context with example sentences.
• 'Word-of-the-day' feature with dedicated homescreen widget.
-All five conjugations included
-All three persons in both singular and plural
-Both regular and deponent verbs
-Infinitive, imperative, indicative and subjunctive moods
-More than 100 different verbs
-Verbs, conjugations, tenses etc. that you fail on will appear more often
-When you get them right, they appear less often
If you use and like this app, please consider donating. If I receive 100 donations, I pledge to add 30 more verbs, and the ability to enable/disable each verb individually in the options. Suggestions for what verbs to add are welcome.
Natürlich gibt es zu jedem lateinischen Wort auch die passenden Übersetzungen -- wie in jedem guten Latein-Wörterbuch aus Papier. Insgesamt 48.000 Wörter mit deutschen Übersetzungen können mit dieser App durchsucht werden.
Deine Latein-Übersetzungen sind ab jetzt kein Problem mehr! Mit diesem Wörterbuch für Dein Smartphone oder Tablet schlägst Du jedes Wort innerhalb weniger Sekunden nach.
Warum diese App?
• Latein-Wörterbuch und Formenanalyse in einer Anwendung
• 100% kostenlos und ohne Werbung
• benötigt nur 0,56 MB Speicherplatz
• schneller als jedes Online-Wörterbuch im Browser
• erkennt fast jede lateinische Wortform aus klassischen Texten und kann diese genau bestimmen
• Datenbank nimmt keinen Speicherplatz auf dem Telefon ein, sondern wird "in der Cloud" gespeichert
• immer aktuell, da die Einträge direkt vom Server aus dem Internet geladen werden
Mit dieser App wird Latein ganz einfach! Das Latein-Wörterbuch nimmt Dir die Arbeit ab, jede Form einzeln zu bestimmen und die verschiedenen Möglichkeiten im Wörterbuch nachzuschlagen. Jede mögliche Form wird mit passenden Übersetzungen sofort angezeigt.
Es ist auch möglich, ein deutsches Wort einzugeben, sodass die App die entsprechenden Übersetzungen im Lateinischen anzeigt.
Dieses Latein-Schulwörterbuch beinhaltet über 6.000 lateinische Vokabeln mit ca. 10.000 deutschen Bedeutungen. Es ist also bestens für den Lateinunterricht geeignet. Um die Datenbank zu durchsuchen ist keine Internetverbindung vonnöten.
Es stehen zwei Suchfunktionen zur Verfügung:
1. Suchen nach lateinischen Vokabeln
2. Suchen nach deutschen Bedeutungen
Es ist möglich, nur Wortteile einzugeben. Zum Beispiel "ire" findet auch alle Komposita.
Die Verben sind mit vollständigen Stammformen angegeben, die Substantive mit Genitiv und Geschlecht und die Adjektive mit den Endungen für Femininum und Neutrum.
========== WICHTIG ==========
Bitte bei Fehlern oder Programmabstürzen eine Mail schreiben anstatt ein Market-Feedback, damit Rückfragen möglich sind!
Tags: Latein, lateinisch, deutsch, Wörterbuch, Lexikon, nachschlagen, Caesar, Cäsar, Übersetzung, Übersetzer
Database size is more than 2MB. It will be downloaded when the application is run first time. We recommend you to use Wi-Fi connection.
1. History – every word you ever viewed is stored in history.
2. Favorites – you are able to add words to favorites list by clicking the “star” icon.
3. Managing History and Favorites lists – you are able edit those lists or clear them.
4. Various Settings – you may change application’s font and theme (choose one of several color themes).
5. Word spelling, using Text-To-Speech module (requires internet connection). Powered by iSpeech®.
6. Context word search – click any word in translation article and search for it’s translation.
7. Random word of the day widget. To see the widget in the list the application must be installed to phone memory (dictionary database may be installed anywhere).
This app contains advertising.
*10,000 most frequently used words from each language
*A selection of the most frequently used words in everyday language
*Additional English explanation for all English headwords to help you enrich your language
*Quick search of words while you type
*Fast article scrolling
*History to see the last 50 words you have looked up
*Filters to help you locate the word you are searching for:
-Fuzzy filter- used when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word
-Keyword-used to locate the instances of a key word within other compound words
-Wild card - "?" and "*" replace a letter and group of letters in words
Other available dictionaries:
Our Bilingual and bidirectional dictionaries to English are available for the following languages:
Afrikaans, Albanian, Arabic, Armenian, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bulgarian, Canadian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Estonian, Finnish, French, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Haitian Creole, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latin, Latvian, Macedonian, Malay, Maltese, Mandarin, Netherlands, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tagalog, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Welsh and Yiddish.
Vertes Latin Dictionary uses Wiktionary entries and presents them in easily readable format. The dictionary supports Latin to English and English to Latin dictionary entries. It also includes study information about different parts of speech.
- everything is synchronised automatically.
- access your inventory everywhere from web browser or mobile device.
- we backup all data every day.
- web (http://barcodery.com) and mobile interface
- scans are synced immediately after scanning
- IN/OUT transactions
- internal barcode format support
- multi device support
- export your data as XLS, CSV or PDF.
Sign up for free at http://barcodery.com.
- camera auto focus bug fixed
- custom fields names
- bug fixes
Tip: Press finger on a note and additional menu opens. Tap the star icon to mark note with specific color to make it easily recognizable.
It's all about circles and the task is simple; connect the circles in right order. After each finished round new circle appears and everything gets more difficult and exciting.
What is the greatest round you can achieve?
Your time is limited
That's why Note Room was designed for writing quick notes.
Note Room has only features that you need.
Bring order to complexity
Simplicity is a consequence of simplicity. Use colors for categorising your notes.
Let's do it
It feels easy to note everything.
Tip: Swipe with a finger on a note and additional menu opens. Tap the star icon to mark note with specific color to make it easily recognizable.
- import/export notes
- color themes
- mark notes by color
If you have suggestions how to improve Note Room, we'd love to hear them. Feel free to write us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Take a photo, put some additional information, like where you bought that, how excited you are and how much did it cost. And post it!
Use Qeeb to browse another people's stuff. Find clothes, shoes, food, vintage and many other things. Get inspiration, ask people about their experience or how they bought it.
This is ALPHA version.
- Basic features like posting photos, commenting and liking posts, following users are functional.
- There is global feed where you can see what is popular right now. It's great when you're a newbie and you've got not much people to follow.
Now we are working on features that will make it great:
- There will be color filters like you know from Instagram to make photos look stunning.
- There will be implemented hashtags like you know them from Twitter.
- And the most interesting feature: there will be categories of products when you can browse things you are interested in. If you are about to buy a specific kind of camera, you can focus on photos of those cameras that interest you.
- When you win: +2 coins. When you loose: -2 coins.
- Change coins for new themes in Shop!
- Challenge friends on Facebook or play with random player. But be prepared - it can be quite addictive.
- Join now and classic tic-tac-toe game turns fun like you have never experienced before.
- grid takes 3x3 spaces
- place more marks in a row of 3 than your opponent
- play with your friends on Facebook
- challenge random player and beat him! Like us
on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/BlowingNose/246597582134707