The app provides unique real-time GPS tracking feature, that allows you to measure field, property or region simply by walking or driving around. This feature is useful for people working in such areas as farming, landscaping, architecture and construction, real estate business and fencing, sport, golf and hiking, tour and trail planning. With this feature Planimeter operates as GPS tracker / logger or pedometer to record walking path or track.
The other useful feature is ability to quickly outline areas by drawing path on map. Magnifying Glass helps to place and edit pin position accurately: http://goo.gl/iibDY5
Area measurements on maps are useful in farming and land survey, landscaping, paving and construction, road building and repairing, lot building and planning, roof area estimation for solar panel installation.
Option to hide lines allows you to use the app as a simple tool for object mapping on Google Maps, lawn design, forestry. Planimeter can be used for placing way points to walk through or share your current location with family or friends.
See Interactive Guide in the app with detailed button and features description on your screen
- Accurate distance calculations and area measurements
- Metric and Imperial units (m, km, feet, yards, miles, ha, acres)
- Quick distance estimation between cities, waypoints, poles
- Bearing and Angle between lines
- Cycle through points by touch
- show GPS coordinates for selected point
- GPS accuracy settings
- Manage saved projects: open, save, preview, share KML files. KML-files can be used to export data to Google Earth and Google Maps
- Save screenshot of map with measurements
- Share data by email: map screenshot, coordinates as text message, KML file
- Map/Satellite View
- Zoom In/Out and Edit point location
- Location search using GPS and Network
- Address Search
- Add points by touch
- Add current GPS / Network location as a point
- Add points by Latitude and Longitude in different formats (DD, DMS)
- Fit-in and center points on screen (quick point search)
- Last point is auto centered - make it easy to use on scaled up map
- Option to show/hide lines and pins
- Multiple Point Selection in Edit Mode
- Delete selected / last / all points
- Full-screen option.
- Preferences: adjust GPS accuracy, time search, delete option and color theme
- Target Mode for accurate pin placement
- Show current coordinates in Target Mode
- Stylus Drawing Mode.
- Smart Path processing functions: Simplify Lines, Convex Area
- Point to point distances shown on path or track
- Quick Export To Google Earth (in-app purchase)
- GPS Tracking with time and accuracy settings.
- Magnifying Glass for accurate pin placement and editing
- Notes Mode (in-app purchase) to save bookmarks on Google Maps
- Quick switch to Google Maps from Note Mode to navigate to selected point: http://goo.gl/nCRTQi
- share Google Maps link to selected location with label from Notes Mode
- Localization: English, Portuguese, Russian
More about app, tips and updates: http://goo.gl/IPF0NI
*** Increase GPS accuracy using:
- Weighted averaging (on every axis).
- Map calibration.
- Device calibration on map, or on a know point.
*** Display and convert GPS geodetic to Cartesian EN coordinates and back:
- Europe ETRS89/UTMZ28-38.
- Hellas Geodetic Reference System HGRS 87 (GGRS87 - EGSA 87 - ΕΓΣΑ 87).
- Hellas HTRS07/TM07.
- Iceland ISN93 / Lambert 93.
- Morroco Merchich CS.
- SPCS83 (124 zones) USA.
- Romania S-42(58)/Stereo 70.
- Lebanon & Syria Deir ez Zor / Stereographic.
- Croatia HTRS96 / Transverse Mercator.
- Serbia SRB-ETRS89/UTM (Current CRS) & SRB-MGI/Z7 (Old CRS).
- Australia MGA94 (GDA94) (Current CRS) & AMG66 (AGD66) (Old CRS) National, A.C.T., Northern Territory, NSW & Victoria, Tasmania & AMG84 (AGD84.
- MGI Balkans zones 5,6 & 7 (Former FR of Yugoslavia).
- Italy's Monte Mario West Zone 1 Peninsular, West Zone 1 Sardinia, East Zone 2 Peninsular, East Zone 2 Sicily.
- Costa Rica's CΜ05/CRTM05, Ocotepeque 1935 Costa Rica Norte & Ocotepeque 1935 Costa Rica Sur.
- Cyprus' CGRS-93-LTM.
- Hungary's HD72/EOV.
- Kosovo's KosovaREF01.
- Latvia's LKS92/TM.
- Lithuania's LKS94/TM.
- Spain's ED50/UTMZ29-30 NW, ED50/UTMZ29-31 ML (Spain old Mainland), ED50/UTMZ31 BA (Spain old Balearic).
- Uk's OSTN02/OSGM02.
- Turkey's ED50/Gauss-Kruger 3° Z9-15 & ITRF96 & ED50/UTMZ35-38.
- Luxembourg's LUREF.
- Venezuala's REGVEN/Z18-20.
- Sweden's SWEREF99 TM.
- Argentina's POSGAR 94 (old) & POSGAR 2007 (new).
- India's Kalianpur 1975 ZI - ZIV.
- Algeria's Nord Sahara 1959 / Z29-32.
- Armenia's, Georgia's, Azerbaijan's, Estonia's, Latvia's, Lithuania's, Russia's - Kaliningrad and Kazakhstan's Pulkovo 1942/ CS63 (A)Z1-4, (C)Z0-2, (K)Z2-4.
- Central and South American SIRGAS 2000.
- Nigeria and Cameroon Minna 1996 & 2008 MTM West, Mid, East Belts & UTM Z31-33.
- Bangladesh Gulshan 303/TM.
- France RGF93/CC42-50.
- Canada CSRS (18 systems)
- Egypt 1907 Blue, Red, Purple, Extended Purple belts.
- Portugal ETRS89/PTM06.
- Netherlands Amersfoort/RD new.
- Qatar QND95.
- Colombia MAGNA-SIRGAS Far West, West, Bogota, Central East, East zones.
- ITRF 2008/LCC Mexico added.
- Tananariva (Paris)/Laborde & Tananariva/UTM Z38-39S of Madagascar.
*** Auto stop for accurate positioning.
*** Examine the satellites above you in a sky view.
*** Signal strength and number of satellites indication for each GNSS constellation individually.
*** Multiple units support:
- International feet,
- US survey feet.
- Ellipsoidal height.
- EGM96 orthometric height calculation.
*** Convert from geodetic to Cartesian coordinates and back:
- Support for device measured points, or
- Manually input of geodetic or Cartesian coords.
*** Drive me:
- Key in coordinates of the target point in either geodetic or Cartesian coordinates, or select a point from the list and follow the pointer.
- Compass indicating both magnetic and true North.
*** Project on Map:
- Project individual points on any map application.
- Project list of points, and the defined polygon, on embedded maps.
*** Save multiple point lists, to use them later.
*** Calculate area.
*** Export point lists το:
- .txt (text file)
- .csv (point file - comma separated)
- .kml (google earth file)
- .gpx (Gps Exchange format)
- .dxf (drawing file)
*** Send file via e-mail, or upload it to cloud.
*** Complete help text support.
Help us improve Mobile Topographer by e-mailing your comments and suggestions.
This Apps can use the total station to measure horizontal and vertical angle, horizontal and vertical distance and setting horizontal angle on the total station.
Please use the free Apps, 'Total Station Survey' to test the connectivity with the total station.
+ Measurement using CL. (circle left).
+ Setting point in coordinate system (NEZ).
+ Setting of Serial Port Settings.
+ Collecting Survey Measurements.
+ Display of Survey Data in 2D view.
+ Coordinate will be set when measure in SD Mode.
2. Usb-Serial Adapter cable.
Supported Total Station:
1. Topcon. including Topcon-Sokkia and Topcon-Gowin.
5. Pentax (setting Horz Angle, please use keypad on Pentax total station)
1. More Language Support.
WHAT MAKES GEO AREA UNIQUE?
- Highly accurate area measurement, verified and tested with ground data
- Multiple area and perimeter units
- Ability to generate KML files
- Sharing KML for visualization on any GIS
- Ability to edit, delete records
- User friendly
- Intuitive interface based on latest Android Material design
- Tap the map to mark area, OR
- Use the phone GPS receiver
- Ability to pause, start and stop GPS mode so that you can easily select the desired points
- Unlike our competitor Apps, Geo Area has NO RESTRICTIONS ON SHARING your data
- Not just an area calculator, its much more
ACCURACY TEST EXAMPLE:
One of the screenshots shows Google Tennis Courts at (1600 Amphitheatre Pkwy,Mountain View, CA 94043) - check this yourself to see how accurately Geo Area works:
Tennis court dimensions are: 36 ft(10.97m) x 78 ft(23.78m)
Therefore, Area= 36 ft(10.97m) x 78 ft(23.78m)=2808 square feet(260.8666 square metres)
Perimeter = Sum of all four sides=228 ft (69.5m)
You can change units from the application settings from feet to meters OR to acres OR to hectares OR to kanals OR to kilometers. Your choice!
GEO AREA LETS YOU DO THE FOLLOWING:
1. Measure the area and perimeter of just about anything on the ground as seen on Google Maps
2. Use area and perimeter units of your choice including feet, meter, hectare, Kanal (area units for India), kilometer, yards, and acre.
3. Either tap on the points of interest on the Google Maps to mark area, OR
4. Use the phone's GPS to mark the field boundary
5. Create Categories of your choice where you can group fields,please refer to the screenshots
6. Create unlimited categories
7. Geo Area lets you share and see the marked fields on any GIS for instance the Google Earth
GEO AREA is for:
1. Land based surveys
2. Farmers, for farm management
3. Land record management
4. Construction surveys
6. Town planners
7. Construction surveyor
8. GIS data collection
9. Health, Education and facilities mapping
10. Farm fencing
11. Sports track measurement
12. Construction sites and building sites area
13. Asset mapping
14. Landscape artists
15. Landscape design
Geo Area is used by farmers for several agricultural applications: crop yield estimation, crop area measurement, and agriculture yield. Geo Area has been used in conjunction with remote sensing (satellite imagery e.g. SPOT 6, SPOT 7) and GIS applications, to collect ground truth data, field records, crop yield, farmers data and agriculture output. Geo Area is ideal for land cover analysis, vegetation mapping and remote sensing where Regions of interests (ROIs) or the Points of Interest (POIs) or Area of Interest (AOI) collected through Geo Area. As seen in the example, Geo Area is ideal for area measurement (area calculator) and perimeter of sports grounds, cricket grounds, football pitches, tennis courts, badminton courts, parking lot area, residential space, running track and rental space. Several other applications exist e.g. transforming manual Patwari or Patvari and the old tape measure system for land record management.
Geo Area is customizeable for all crops including cotton, wheat, rice, sugarcane, sugar beet, maize, tobacco, Virginia, FCV tobacco, vegetables, banana plantations, dates and orchards mapping. Geo Area has also been used for forest mapping and GPS based measurement of deforestation area. Geo Area has also been used to estimate fertilizers, chemical spray, insecticides required for agricultural fields based on the calculated area.
Nothing is complete in itself - we are learning from YOU to make Geo Area more useful. Thank you for your comments and feedback.