- Auto Enable/Disable Hot-Spot.
- Auto Enable/Disable Keyboard/Phone Lock.
Planned features for future:
- Widget for enable/disable hot-spot
- Widget for enable/disable lock
- Auto set volume on dock
Please check App's website for more information.
**** NOTE ****
Motorola released a software update to the Droid Razr in Feb 2012 that partially breaks Razr Dock. If you do not have a physical dock (either car or desktop), you should not have any trouble. If you dock you phone, undock it, and try to run Razr Dock... it will fail. If you use your dock, you will need to reboot your phone to make Razr Dock work again.
Add us to your circles on Google+. Get questions answered, submit features requests, and chat with the developer.
UNINSTALL NOTE: This app will be a 'Device Administrator' if you activate the 'Lock screen on undock' feature. You must deactivate the feature, or remove the app from your phone's device administrator before you can uninstall. Go to your phone's settings, Location & Security, Device Administrator, disable Car Dock Home v3, then uninstall as usual.
Add your favorite apps, shortcuts and widgets to as many as 7 screens, for easy access in the car. Defaults to a screen of 2x3 cells for large easy touch buttons.
Shortcut and app buttons can be renamed and given custom images.
* Full size widget support
* Landscape dialer pad (work in progress, but functions)
* Landscape contacts, and starred contacts
Supports many automatic settings when phone enters/exits car mode, like
* enable gps
* disable wifi
* enable bluetooth
* all volumes to max ( bugs: misses navigation volume, and ringer... )
* turn off device on undock
* Landscape/Portrait lock
* icon grid anywhere from 1x1 to 4x4
* full screen or not
* paging buttons, or not
* smooth scrolling like your home app.
* Icons scaling options.
* set timeout/inactivity page independent of start page. ( This is why people think it changes pages on it's own... cause it does... but you can control it. )
* OR pick a widget that will be displayed as a screen saver.
* Landscape friendly contact list & starred contacts list
* Navigation link that attempts to resume navigation if maps app is running ( not 100% reliable, a work in progress )
* exit car mode
* visit desktop without leaving car mode.
Your Input is Welcome!
Note: home key while in Car Dock app only takes you to start page if Car Dock app is set as default car home and you are in car mode. Car Dock does not automatically put the phone in car mode... Try google's 'Car Home' icon to launch car mode on froyo, or my 'Car Dock Control' for eclair/froyo/gingerbread...
If you don't like my dialer and contacts, you can use your own... Many complain that the stock Android dialer/contacts app doesn't support landscape, but I've found that it does, but on many phones you have to enable auto rotation in the dialer app preferences.
- Spirit Level (measuring instrument used to determine the slope of a surface with respect to a horizontal plane of reference)
- Battery Level (Easy way to view the exact battery level, battery temperature, battery voltage, battery status and battery health)
- Compass (This app is a tool to search bearings(azimuth) using the built-in magnetic sensors or gps)
- Torch (The app turns your camera flash into a flashlight. In addition, with a tap on the "Menu" provides additional functionality)
- Metronome (A versatile metronome with a very simple layout. Useful for the practice of music as well as physical exercise, putting practice, dance, and many other activities)
- Calculate angle for orientation parable (A tool for finding TV satellites and aligning satellite dishes)
- Speedometer (A tool to control your speed, along a path)
- Detector speed connection (Simple app that allows you to test the speed of your Internet connection in both download and upload)
- Sound Level Meter (Use the phone's microphone to measure the volume of sound in decibels (dB))
- Converter Binary-Decimal-Hexadecimal-Octal
- Task Killer
- Display Timeout
- Disable Keyguard
- Launch a program
- Bluetooth on/off/reset
- Wifi on/off
- Call Mode (auto speakerphone / headset)
Works with Car Dock / Desk Dock
Removing from a dock will restore the previous settings
Start from the Launcher after installation to be workable.
This application opens the keyboard choose dialog each time you connect/disconnect your device to/from dock.
Use it to easily switch to your favorite on-screen keyboard when undocking and switch back to hardware keyboard when docking.
Also you can add a shortcut to the keyboard choosing dialog to your home screen or to the notification area.
Unfortunately this application cannot silently switch the keyboard for you. It's the Android security restriction which can be avoided only with root access. But this application doesn't require root.
Have you wandered how is your memory doing? It is not just about memory size. There is much more on memory than you can image. Check it out!
Before, I would only care for total memory and available memory. On android, just like on linux, there is much more on memory then what we are used to see on windows for instance. There is cache memory, Buffers, Active, Inactive and so on.
Just launch the app once after installing to set it up and then never worry about it again. When you put the device in a dock the rotation is forced to the correct orientation for your dock and when you take it back out it reverts to your previous settings. No fuss, no hassle.
I've tested this on my Nexus 7 in the official Nexus 7 dock and I've also had reports it works with the Galaxy Nexus as well. Note that some third party docks or wireless chargers aren't recognised by Android as docks, but you can still use the app with them by enabling forced rotation when charging from the settings menu. Please get in touch to let me know if you have problems with your device or dock.
Credits: The app was written and designed by me. One of the screenshots shows Spotify, which I am in no way responsible for; it just demonstrates my app applying forced rotation from portrait to landscape. The launcher icon is courtesy of Android Asset Studio.
Samsung Galaxy Ace
These phones are unsupported because of their crappy implementation of the Android camera API. Don't give this app a bad review. These are bugs with the phones themselves. I will try and release patches to work around these issues, but unfortunately I don't have access to all Android devices. Tester are welcome. E-mail me: email@example.com