**Readers’ Pick: Most innovative and useful hurricane app – FastCompany**
**One of 5 apps to get you through a natural disaster – Fox News**
**Top Apps of the Week (11/3/12) – ABC News**
**Top Apps of the Week (10/29/12) - MediaBistro**
**Top App of the week (9/2/12) - Appolicious**
Be ready for severe weather with Hurricane by American Red Cross. Monitor conditions in your area or throughout the storm track, prepare your family and home, find help and let others know you are safe even if the power is out – a must have for anyone who lives in an area where a hurricane may strike or has loved ones who do.
Ahora disponible en español.
Please note: shelters only show the current open shelters. More shelters are setup as disasters happen, but until then, there may not be any shelters near you.
- Easy to use Spanish language toggle to switch translation directly inside the app.
- Step-by-step instructions let you know what to do even if the cell towers are down and the power is out.
- Monitor weather conditions in your area or those of loved-ones with location-based alerts for the U.S. and its territories from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration(NOAA).
- Let family and friends know you are okay with the customizable “I’m Safe” alert for Facebook, Twitter, email and text.
- Find open Red Cross shelters in your area when you need help.
- Stay safe when the lights are out with the Hurricane Toolkit, including a strobe light, flashlight and audible alert functions.
- Prepare for the worst by learning how to assemble an emergency kit for your family in the event of power outage or evacuation.
- Empower your family to stay safe and remain calm in an emergency by learning how to make and practice an emergency plan.
- Earn badges that you can share with your friends and show off your hurricane knowledge with interactive quizzes.
- See an illustrated history of hurricanes in your area.
- Learn the difference between a hurricane warning and watch.
- Know how to what to do about food and drinking water when your area has been impacted by floods and power outages.
Please update your app to the latest version as soon as possible! It address numerous critical issues with crashing!
DIRECTLY CALL PHONE NUMBERS: We need this to allow you to call emergency numbers from within the app
CAMERA: We need to be able to use the camera to allow us to use the flashlight in Tool Kit
GPS LOCATION: We need to serve you hurricane alerts based on your current location
PHONE CONTACTS: We need this for the Make a Plan view to allow you to add emergency contacts straight from your address book
Copyright © 2012-2014 The American National Red Cross
• Live Video
• Maps tracking projected storm paths, Satellite, Radar, Winds, More
• Tropical Storms and Hurricane warnings, watches, advisories
• Live updates from Live Wire, Facebook, and Twitter
• Hurricane Videos, Slideshows, Headlines
• Checklists, Planning Maps, and more Info to help you prepare and stay safe
Also behind the best selling WeatherPro and MeteoEarth apps, MeteoGroup is one of the few private weather companies to operate its own Severe Weather Centres – including the very popular www.severe-weather-centre.co.uk. AlertsPro now brings this online warning service direct to your portable device with coverage of most of Europe and the USA (National Weather Service). The warnings are currently available for Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Germany, Finland, France, Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Sweden, Switzerland, Spain, the United Kingdom and the USA.
A very clear, colour system lets you know up to 48 hours in advance of any impending, severe weather conditions for a country, town, postcode or even a Point of Interest! GREEN indicates there are no warnings, YELLOW signifies a probable event, ORANGE, RED and PURPLE mean there is definitely severe weather on the way and denote the level of intensity.
• NEW: Get push notifications for free whenever there are alerts
• Accurate, dependable warnings
• Warnings clearly displayed on a map
• Widget which displays the latest warnings for the chosen favourite (if there are no current alerts the general weather conditions will be displayed)
• Unlimited favourite locations and ‘Locate me’ function
• Social media share feature
• Current weather maps with radar and satellite layers
When you need more general weather forecast information, AlertsPro provides a direct link to WeatherPro (assuming it is installed).
The Premium option allows you to choose which alert level you would like to be notified of, for each severe weather condition. You can activate the lightning layer, and animate the radar and satellite maps. When you long press on any coloured area on the warning map, further details of the severe weather for that location will be displayed. The premium version also gives users a better viewing experience by removing all ads! One subscription covers Premium services on AlertsPro, MeteoEarth and WeatherPro.
For further details, please visit: www.alertspro.com.