*** WARNING: If your phone has Android version from 5 until 7, install CPqD ALCANCE+ available in the Play Store. ***
CPqD Alcance is a launcher application, designed for blind or visually impaired people, especially for beginners or the ones who have difficulty with technology.
SEE THE DEMONSTRATION VIDEO TO KNOW MORE AND TO LEARN HOW TO USE.
The CPqD Alcance application allows the visually impaired people to use different functions of a touchscreen smartphone with autonomy, privacy and simplicity, improving their life quality and appropriating the facilities of digital and connected world.
This application has an inclusive interaction model that combines automatic screen reader with Brazilian Portuguese text to speech and a standardized interface for the functions (described below).
When the user slides the finger across the screen, the application speaks the function name related to the place where the finger is located, and it is possible to select the functionality with double-touch. Watch the demonstration video to learn more.
CPqD Alcance is a free and no advertising application, it has the basic features of a mobile phone and a package of advanced functions, including entertainment.
• Make and receive phone calls.
• Check calls history.
• Keep the phone contacts.
• Send and receive text messages (SMS).
• Check the smartphone battery level and mobile operator signal.
• Check the date and time.
• Alarm clock with voice reminder.
• Music player.
• Weather forecast based on INPE.
• GPS functions ("where am I" and "auxiliary navigation" functions).
• Camera and photo gallery.
• Text file reader.
• Operating system applications access (no voice support).
• Personal settings (speech and ringer settings, automatic notifications, accessibility and facilities).
AFTER INSTALL, THE CPqD ALCANCE WILL BE THE STANDARD INTERFACE OF THE SMARTPHONE (LAUNCHER). To disable the application, search in the last page of the main menu the option “DESATIVAR O CPQD ALCANCE” (represented by "X") and CONFIRM. After that, you will be asked to select Android start, select TOUCHWIZ, START TOUCHWIZ, START, LAUNCHER or similar term (depending on the manufacturer) and touch the "SEMPRE" button to restore the phone.
• This app uses Accessibility services.
• Applies to Android versions 2 until 4.
• Smartphone with more than one SIMCard may have limitations on the second chip.