CPqD Alcance+ is a launcher application that makes it easy for use of modern cell phones by blind or visually impaired people, especially persons with difficulties in the use of touchscreen smartphones.
With the CPqD Alcance+ application, visually impaired people can use the functions of the touchscreen smartphone with autonomy, privacy and simplicity, improving their life quality and appropriating the facilities of digital and connected world.
Easy to use, this application has an inclusive interaction model that combines automatic screen reader with Brazilian Portuguese text to speech and a standardized interface for the functions. When the user slides the finger across the screen, the application speaks the function name related to the place where the finger is located, and it is possible to select the functionality with double-tap.
SEE THE DEMONSTRATION VIDEO TO KNOW MORE AND TO LEARN HOW TO USE.
CPqD Alcance+ is a free and no advertising application, it has the basic features of a mobile phone and a package of advanced functions, including entertainment.
• Make and receive phone calls.
• Check calls history.
• Keep the phone contacts.
• Send and receive text messages (SMS).
• Check the smartphone battery level and mobile operator signal.
• Check the date and time.
• Alarm clock with voice reminder.
• Music player.
• Weather forecast based on INPE.
• GPS functions ("where am I" and "auxiliary navigation" functions).
• Camera and photo gallery.
• Text file reader.
• Operating system applications access (no voice support).
• Speech configurations, sounds and notifications (female or male voice, warnings, navigation, etc).
• Volume of speech and bell.
• Accessibility options (font size, number of buttons, user level, etc.).
• Facilities (wireless network, bluetooth, etc.).
AFTER INSTALL, THE CPqD ALCANCE+ WILL BE THE STANDARD INTERFACE OF THE SMARTPHONE (LAUNCHER). To disable the application, search in the last page of the main menu the option “DESATIVAR O CPQD ALCANCE+” (represented by "X") and CONFIRM. After that, you will be asked to select Android start, select TOUCHWIZ, START TOUCHWIZ, START, LAUNCHER or similar term (depending on the manufacturer) and touch the "SEMPRE" button to restore the phone.
• This app uses Accessibility services.
• Applies to Android versions 5 until 7.
HARDWARE RECOMMENDATION (minimum):
• Devices with a quad-core processor and 1 GB of RAM.