The trace you can save can be "live" or "delayed" (e.g save your position only every hour) in order to save a long trip and not using all your battery.
The traces can be saved on your mobile phone or on your google account. If you save it on your google account and share the map with your friends, they can follow your trip.
More from developer
Now we do support alarm! :)
If you "bitcoin paranoid" this app is for you. This is NOT a widget, nor is it a standard app. This app starts a service that keeps the latest Bitcoin value in the *notification bar*.
You can tap the notification and disable the service at any time. But if you are a Bitcoin addict, you probably won't do that.
Please, give us an idea or request in: https://getsatisfaction.com/bitcoinparanoid
The app supports these refresh intervals:
* 10s - paranoia mode
* 1 min - crazy mode
* 15 min - normal mode
* 1h - economic mode
Data souce information:
* Bitstamp (Slovenia)
* btc-e (Russia)
* Mercado Bitcoin (Brazil)
* BTC China (China)
* Weighted 24h (World)
* Coinbase (USA)
* Bitcoin.de (Germany)
* CampBX (USA)
It is very useful for:
1. When you need to pick up someone by car; if you’re waiting, it’s useful to know when to leave the building, if your ride is late because they stopped at the market, if they’re stuck in traffic, or if they haven’t even left home yet because they have visitors.
2. Knowing your children are attending school and not getting into trouble.
3. Finding your friends during a big event, or on a long trip.
4. Analysing the route you take to a certain place and comparing it with different routes to see which one is the most efficient.
5. Lots of other cool things too!
== MOTIVATION AND EXAMPLE OF USE ==
I developed this application to solve a personal problem I was having: whenever I went to pick my wife up from work, she never knew if I was still at home, at work, if I was on my way, if I was just arriving or if I’d already arrived. This was because I don’t answer my phone when I’m driving, and she has to leave her mobile switched off when she’s at work. People tried using Google Latitude and other applications, but they didn’t work. Google Latitude has delays of up to 15 minutes when updating positions (and my journey is 15 minutes) and other applications that promised this function didn’t work properly, or were missing an important function.
== LICENCE ==
All licences are required, except for saving it on your SD card. I asked for this licence so that in the future I can launch a version that exports paths for Google Earth’s KML format.
== PRIVACY ==
Be aware that after installing the application you can be followed by anyone who has this application. However, you can turn “invisible” by unselecting the “allow to be followed” option on the main screen. – Future versions will have options for friend lists, blocking people etc.
Whenever you’re being followed, you will be informed via a message with the name of the person following you.
== REQUIREMENTS ==
- An Android mobile (so you can follow others) and at least one acquaintance, friend or relative with an Android mobile so they can be followed (and can also follow you).
- Internet. This application transfers your position in real time through an Internet connection.
- To send and receive SMS. The mechanism for “activating” a following session is performed by sending a SMS from one mobile directly to another. It’s important to emphasize that you will be charged by your operator for each SMS you send. Bear this in mind and find out more about SMS packages and plans from your operator, so you can save money every time you follow someone.
(sorry for my bad English, I'm not native speaker)
It is useful when you have a long list of remembered Wi-Fi and wants to erase them ALL. The Android native system (at least so far 2.3.3) does not have an easy way to erase ALL. You must to erase one by one, and this is really sucks.
** FAQ **
1) Why I would like to erase (forget) my remembered Wi-Fi passwords?
For many reasons: 1. For developers working with a kind of Wi-Fi manager that creates automatically a lot of networks configurations. 2. If you don't trust to keep your Wi-Fi passwords inside Android OS (I think it is secure, but if you don't think so...). 3. If you have some Wi-Fi manager or some APP that messed up your configurations (or just created a lot of undesired networks) and you'd like to restart from scratch. 4. You have a too big list of remembered Wi-Fi and it is annoying now. 5. You will borrow your mobile to someone else and you don't want he uses your Wi-Fis. 6. Because you woke up and felt like erase everything.
2) I received a "Force Close" or I got some weird error
OK, shit happens. Please tell me what did you receive at firstname.lastname@example.org and I can help you. Don't rate me bad in this case, because I didn't treating Wi-Fi exceptions. If your device gonna crazy, it is not my fault.
3) Can I move to my SD card?
4) The size of APP, battery usage, permissions?
Less than 100 KB, it's very light weight APP (but you still can move to SD card if you want). We use your battery only to show you the information on the screen. No services, no black magic, no secret. We use only TWO permissions (read and write Wi-Fi states) and the min version of Android is 1.5 (API level 3)
5) Why the APP closes after the job?
Because the APP does not have much to do, it's simply like that. The APP just do what it says and not more.
6) Why even after I erase ALL networks, when I come back after a while, I have at least one configuration again? Is it does not working?
If you received a "successful" message after tap the button, it really worked. But the configuration can appears again automatically because you may have a service running in background which put it again. Be sure you had stopped all services related with Wi-Fi manager.
7) If it is useful for me and I like it?
Please rate and share with your friends! :) I know it is a kind of geek APP but can be useful for anyone...
8) Where can I send feedback or feature request?
Please write me: email@example.com