Let's face it, not everyone can commit full-time to learning a language. We know there are many things going on in your life: school, work, the kids, that special someone. That's why we developed WordPower Learn British English Vocabulary Lite for the ultra-busy, 21st century lifestyle. There's absolutely no reason to miss out on all the benefits of learning British English just because you're light on time. With WordPower Learn British English Vocabulary Lite, you'll start down the road to fluency and reap the rewards that go with it.
With WordPower Learn British English Vocabulary Lite, you'll master 100 of the most frequently used words and phrases in the British English language right on your Android device! The app doubles as a mini travel guide packed with cultural insights and practical British English phrases. Learn British English with audio recordings of a native British English speaker and a voice recorder so you can master perfect pronunciation anywhere, anytime. This list of the 100 most frequently used British English words is compact enough to fit a little review into you busy schedule. Study at your convenience at times and places that work for you! WordPower Learn British English Vocabulary Lite also comes with an addictive Word of the Day alert and free British English audio lessons when you sign up for a free EnglishClass101.com account inside the app.
What makes WordPower so effective? It's Fun, Fast and Easy to Use!
WordPower Learn British English Vocabulary Lite FEATURES:
- Completely redesigned UI. The user interface has been redesigned from the ground up to be much cleaner, beautiful, and more user friendly
- New! Android Tablet support
- British Top 100 Words: A special list of words specific to daily life in the United Kingdom. You’ll learn handy cultural insights with every entry transforming Word Power into a mini travel and cultural handbook (3G or WiFi required to access Wikipedia links within the app)
- Essential British English vocabulary all in one place showing you the spelling, translation, pronunciation, image, and class (Note: You will need an internet connection for the initial download)
- Sample Sentences: See and hear practical sample sentences with every word entry
- Free Audio Lessons: Learn more than just words! Access the newest EnglishClass101.com audio lessons when you sign up for a Free Lifetime Account within the app
- Updated Basic Resources: Want to explore the British English language even more? Learn everything you need to know with this comprehensive source of British English learning tips, information and material
- Easy to Use Design: Intuitive Android swipe navigation allows visual learners to browse vocabulary images quickly. Find everything you need without excessive swiping and tapping
- Custom Flashcard Settings: You're in control of your study sessions. Mix up question types (recognition, production, audio and visual) for a full understanding of each word
- Listening Practice: Hear each word's proper pronunciation by a native speaker
- Perfect your Pronunciation: Compare your pronunciation to the native speaker's with the Voice Recorder, easily accessible throughout the app
- Personalized Word Bank: Save difficult or useful words, with their audio files, to review at any time
- Advanced Search Function: Search entire database in English
- Progress Bar: Keep track of how many words you have really mastered
- Authentic British English pronunciation
100 words not enough?
Upgrade to WordPower Learn British English Vocabulary full edition to get 2000 more words and phrases!
The 50 languages method successfully combines audio and text for effective learning English as a foreign language.
50 languages corresponds to the Common European Framework levels A1 and A2 and is therefore suitable for all types of schools and students. The audio files can also be effectively used as a supplement in language schools and language courses. Adults who have learned a language in school can refresh their knowledge using 50languages.
50 languages is available in over 50 languages and in approximately 2500 language combinations, e.g. German to English, Spanish to English, French to English etc.
The 100 lessons help you to quickly learn and use English as a foreign language in various situations (e.g. in a hotel or restaurant, on a vacation, small talk, getting to know people, shopping, at the doctor, at the bank etc.). You can download the audio files from www.50languages.com to your mp3-player and listen to them anywhere - at a bus stop or a train station, in the car, and during a lunch break! To get the most out of 50 languages, learn one lesson a day and regularly repeat what you have already learned in previous lessons.
Study a new language ... learn English with 50 languages
Edda Sharpe, Jan Haydn Rowles and Richard Ryder’s highly skilled yet invisible work, can be heard across the creative industries, from Game of Thrones to the Royal Shakespeare Company. They are on the call sheets for all the major international film and TV production companies and on the rehearsal schedules for leading theatre producers and directors. Simply, you couldn’t be in better hands.
The ACCENT Kit app is free to download and gives you access to a library of REAL AUTHENTIC ACCENT SPEAKERS validated by experts for authenticity and ‘usability’.
Build your very own accent library at the touch of a button.
Only buy accents that work for your profile and character.
Or use the app to record people reading The ACCENT Kit and build your own accent library for free!
Downloadable kits include recordings of authentic speakers demonstrating the five crucial elements needed to learn an accent, set out in a simple, easy to use structure;
- FREE SPEECH: a 1-3 minute story of personal interest in the speaker’s own words.
- FOUNDATIONS: the oral SETTING, the focal ZONE and the TONE of the accent.
- PRACTICE TEXT: the speaker reading a set text containing all the speech sounds and combinations you need.
- WORD LIST and SENTENCES: all the vowel shapes of the accent together with practice sentences recorded by the sample speaker.
- CONSONANTS and PRACTICE SENTENCES: six consonant sounds that can make or break your accent together demonstrated together with practice sentences recorded by the sample speaker.
Each element is user friendly, straight forward and easy to navigate.
Tap the question mark at any time for further guidance.
You can also;
- Record yourself practicing the accent.
- Store all your recordings in your own library of MY RECORDINGS and PURCHASED FILES.
The ACCENT STORE
Browse the shelves or search for an accent, read about the area and the speaker, and listen to a 5 second audio sample, all before you choose!
Only purchase the accent that is right for you and your character.
Each accent you purchase is yours to keep.
Samples are continuously being included from a spectrum of backgrounds and ages.
Can’t find the accent you need? Click REQUEST ACCENT and we add it as soon as we can.
Accents are added to the store on an ongoing basis…so keep checking the store for new ones!
- Support offline pronounce
- Easy and simple to use
- Suitable for student to learn and practice pronunciation
* If SpeechSynthesis Data in your android device is not installed yet, this software will detect it and ask your permission to download SpeechSynthesis Data Installer at Android Market. The TTS only work if the SpeechSynthesis Data was installed.
** SpeechSynthesis Data Installer is free of charge.
Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/103325786630185947303
Please kindly email your feedback or suggestion to email@example.com, thanks.
LearnEnglish Podcasts app is a series of English learning podcasts for you to directly download and enjoy on your Android device. You also have the option to stream.
Each show, with the dynamic duo of Tess and Ravi is 20 minutes long and comes with questions aimed at Elementary learners of English, which you can try and answer while listening to the podcast.
The tapescript also moves in time with the audio to aid listening. This feature is not available when in live streaming mode.
* 3 series of podcasts to date, more to follow
* practice activities for each podcast
* audioscript for supported learning
A simple Text to Speech app by C203Production which reads text input by user in different accents. Voice generated can be saved for future reference.
You can use this application to learn an accent. Supports all the tts voice provided by android.
Change the voice speed and pitch according to your comfort.
Voices supported by default can be downloaded from apps "Install other language option".
Please do mail me or leave a comment what new features you want.
Watch natural and authentic conversations in English in this video app, with audioscripts to help you follow along. Each video features:
- an audioscript so you can read along while you listen
- glossary to help you learn and remember words
- comprehension questions to help check your understanding
- pitch control to slow down the audio.
LEARN ABOUT UK CULTURE
Watch 24 videos to learn more about life in the UK. Follow the host Richard around London as he visits Shakespeare’s Globe theatre and Harrods department store. Learn more about the history of the English language and find out more about British entrepreneurs like Richard Branson.
WATCH VIDEOS TO POWER UP YOUR ENGLISH LISTENING
When learning English, practice makes perfect. We recommend you use this app several times a week, listening to the videos repeatedly to keep practising.
Use the app in three stages to maximise progress:
* watch the videos with the audioscript to follow along as you listen
* listen to the audio only with the audioscript to help focus on the words
* watch the videos in landscape mode without the audioscript to really test your listening.
Constant practice using the LearnEnglish GREAT Videos app will help you feel more confident listening to native speakers and improve your pronunciation. After using this app, you will understand more when listening to English, such as the videos and podcasts in our LearnEnglish Audio & Video app.
LEARN ENGLISH WITH THE BRITISH COUNCIL
We are the world’s English experts and we provide English language learning opportunities worldwide. We deliver English lessons in over 80 teaching centres in nearly 50 countries. Our apps are written by English teachers and language experts and offer grammar, vocabulary and listening practice. Check out our other apps and visit our LearnEnglish websites.
The GREAT campaign promotes the UK as a great place to study, visit and do business.
With this English Pronunciation Training application, you will learn some important topics about speaking English properly such as:
* Pronounce R sounds
* Mouth and tongue positions when pronouncing sounds
* Voiced and unvoiced sounds
Moreover, there are some unique features that helps you learn to pronounce English better:
* You can hear the pronunciation before attempting
* You can tap on the words in practice area to hear the correct pronunciation of that word
* Pronunciation videos with phonetics letters that helps you know the right way to pronounce a word
* You can view your progress
* You can earn points after making correct pronunciations
* Use points you earned in practice to unlock further lessons
With this English Pronunciation Training application, you will learn some important topics about speaking English properly such as:
- Short vowels
- Long vowels
- Double vowel sounds
- Voiced consonants
- Voiceless consonants
- Other consonants
- Mouth and tongue positions when pronouncing sounds
- Voiced and unvoiced sounds
Moreover, there are some unique features that helps you learn to pronounce English better:
- You can hear the pronunciation and many examples about that.
- You can tap on the words in practice area to hear the correct pronunciation of that word
- Pronunciation videos with phonetics letters that helps you know the right way to pronounce a word
- You can view your progress
- You can earn points after making correct pronunciations
Free BBC Learning English resources for speakers of English as a second language through news, sport, pictures, video and audio resources.
- 5 categories : 6 Minute English, English At Work, Express English, Words in the news and The English we speak.
- Have more than 400 stories.
- Transcript supported.
- Vocabularies and notes supported.
- Easy download and listen when needed.
- Auto updated.
We are preparing for updating new features and adding more categories from BBC Learning English program.
Please feed back for us to improve it better!
Let improve your English Listening Skills with BBC Learning English program!
If you have any questions or would like more information about our App.,
please do not hesitate to contact us via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Do you wonder why people don't always understand you when you speak, even though you have spent years learning English? Do you feel shy or embarrassed when speaking in public because of your foreign accent?
'American Accent Tips' is the app for you!
Use this app to get quick tips, articles, videos, tutorials and useful learning resources that will get you started to speaking and pronouncing American English correctly.
In this app you will find:
* actionable American accent tips you can use right away
* video tutorials showing you how to pronounce vowel sounds
* quizzes to test your knowledge of the American accent
* articles explaining key concepts and why people may not understand your speech
* specially selected videos about American accent sounds, intonation and pronunciation
* links to American accent learning courses and books
Begin improving your American Accent and spoken English communication skills - Download this free app today!
PLEASE NOTE: Our App provides live content that is always up to date so an active internet connection is required for a smooth viewing experience. We will update American Accent Tips regularly, so please email us your feedback and feature requests directly - thanks!
Now Get Rid of your Accent is where it's always needed to be: on GooglePlay. You can get the best of our amazing lessons in one easy-to-use app that goes everywhere with you. Hear the sounds; see how to make them; practice; and watch your career, education, and social life blossom.
App Contents and Functionality
Get Rid of your Accent UK Part 1 App is the British English Pronunciation Course at your fingertips, ideal for self-study. It contains introduction and one audio lesson from the international bestseller Get Rid of your Accent, Part One, by Linda James and Olga Smith (learn more on Developer's Website).
This free demo version provides full access to Lesson 1 and all introductory materials.
About the authors
Linda James (RAM, Dip. Ed., IPD, LRAM)
Linda trained at the Royal Academy of Music and qualified as a teacher of Speech and Drama. She also holds an International Phonetics Diploma from London University.
Linda spent 15 years as an actress working on stage and screen. Her TV appearances include many BBC productions, among them “Only Fools and Horses”, “Keeping Up Appearances” and “The Last of the Summer Wine.”
Linda has had extensive experience as a dialect coach in TV, films and the theatre. For more than 20 years she has worked as a Speech Tutor at several London drama colleges and privately, specialising in the teaching of Received Pronunciation (RP) and the eradication of accents.
Olga Smith (BA in Linguistics, MBA)
Olga holds a degree in Linguistics and an MBA from Nottingham University. She is also an advanced public speaker and a holder of the Toastmaster bronze reward.
Olga learned a unique drama school method for Accent Reduction from top British phonetician Linda James. They together co-authored the UK bestselling books, “Get Rid of your Accent”, Part One, Part Two and Part Three.
In the past, you could only get speech training in British drama schools or by taking speech lessons from a private speech tutor. Olga wanted to make this exclusive training accessible for a much wider audience. Linda and Olga took the method long used in London drama schools, adapted it for learners of English and collated it into a single training manual, with CDs, the first of its kind.
The success of the book led to another venture Olga undertook: she designed and launched Accent Reduction courses for diplomats, professionals, students, and many others who need to neutralize their accent in a short period of time. The courses became a huge success and have been featured in National newspapers and television in the UK. Visit www.batcs.co.uk and join the course to achieve the best results in a short period of time.
*All lessons custom-designed for native South Asian speakers
*Practical learning tips for the specific challenges you face
*Focus on the 1,000 most common English words making your learning more effective
*Perfect for professionals, students, new immigrants or anyone wishing to be better understood when speaking English
Hours of fun video content:
*More than 600 demonstration videos, 40 lessons and 3 hours of audio recordings
*Taught by an experienced university instructor with an informal style and easy to follow structure
• Covers all areas of a spoken ‘accent’ including pronunciation, syllable stress, rhythm and intonation
• All lessons custom-designed for South Asian speakers covering the specific challenges you face. These challenges include the mixing of the v/w sounds, the use of long vowels for many short vowel sounds, improper mouth position for the ‘th’ sound, the overuse of rising intonation, and many more.
Lessons feature text and audio recording allowing you to practice and improve your listening and comprehension skills
• On-screen mirror feature allows you to perfect your mouth position when speaking
• Recording feature allows you to record yourself then listen and review your progress
• All exercises focus on the most commonly used 1,000 English words ensuring that you can use your new skills in daily conversations
• Unlimited opportunity to practice all exercises
• Rich multimedia – text, voice, and video
• Ideal for beginners, intermediate and more advanced levels
• ‘1,000 Word Quiz’ features audio of the 1,000 most common English words
• Hands-free option – app can be used when travelling, exercising or anywhere
• It’s easy, fun and will improve your fluency and confidence when speaking English!
What our users say:
“This program has helped me feel more confident when speaking English.”
“My English test scores were high but I was never understood when speaking. This program has helped me tremendously.”
“I knew my Indian accent was keeping me from advancing at work and this program has helped me overcome this obstacle.”
If you have Busuu, Duolingo, Rosetta Stone, Mindsnacks, Voxy, or other English learning products, you will want The Accent box to help you learn how to speak in English!
FOUR LEVELS FROM BEGINNER TO ADVANCED
The app is suitable for learners of all levels and offers grammar activities at Beginner (CEFR level A1), Elementary, Intermediate and Advanced (CEFR level C2). Start at your level, and as your grammar accuracy improves, progress to the next.
OVER 1000 PRACTICE QUESTIONS AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE
The app has over 40 free grammar practice questions and you can buy more through in-app purchasing. Each level contains over 600 grammar activities, split into about 25 grammar topics such as Simple past, Question tags and Prepositions. The grammar questions use 10 unique activity types such as fill-in-the-blanks, multiple choice and matching.
PRACTICE AND TEST
Work through practice questions at your own pace in the Practice section or challenge your knowledge in the Test section and see how well you know the grammar topics at your level.
UK and US EDITIONS
We have released UK and US editions of LearnEnglish Grammar that use British English and American English respectively. The content is adapted to reflect differences between British and American English for usage, spelling and pronunciation.
The app is fully available in English, Japanese and Spanish. Help files and instructions images are additionally available in Arabic, Chinese, English, Italian, Japanese and Spanish.
TOP GRAMMAR PRACTICE APP
English learners from all over the world love our app. LearnEnglish Grammar has ranked #1 in the iTunes Education category in 9 countries and ranks in the top ten in over 40 countries. The app has over 1,000,000 downloads!
- “Super! Clear and Precise! – Very good app for studying English.”
- “Very good! – On the way to work I am now practicing grammar instead of listening to music.”
Get more great English learning apps from the British Council at:
Learn pronunciation, word linking and the American speech music in a simple step-by-step process. Your can use your device headset to listen, record on the digital recorder, and compare yourself with the model audio.
• Word Connections
• Pronunciation of all the consonants
• The American R & L, Th, S & Z, etc.
• Pronunciation of all the vowels
• Cat / Caught / Cut, Bit or Beat? etc.
• Can vs. Can't
• Audio for each exercise
• Digital recorder
You start with the most basic intonation patterns and go through to the most advanced levels in English. Your comprehension will increase dramatically. This is excellent practice for TOEFL and TSE. ESL instructors will find this to be a great way to pick of the basics of teaching the American accent. Perfect for a daily commute or a long trip!
Designed by Ann Cook, author of the best-selling American Accent Training, AAT is an amazingly easy way to learn the American accent. It's perfect for beginning, intermediate and advanced students. This is the least expensive way available!
The pronunciation checker lets you type in a word, listen to the word, then practice the word and finally test to see if you pronounced correctly. You can also use the Hit Me Button to auto load words.
English (American & British) French, German, Italian and Spanish.
"A Really Helpful App" Download Now!
You can enter words.
Switch between British and American Accents.
You can have your speech tested in 5 languages!
Hit Me Button includes;
1000 American English Words
1000 British English words
2000 words in premium.
Practice Pronunciation with American and British Accents.
French, German, Italian & Spanish.
The pronunciation checker lets you type in a word, listen to the word and then practice the word. Can you beat the computer!
This is foreign language and efl/esl English study software. Perfect for students of foreign Languages. English, French, German, Italian & Spanish.
Are you traveling overseas? Vacation fun.
Note: You may need to download some language packages. On install, the required package will pop up from the android market.
Pricing: The premium version will provide all Pronunciation Checker updates at no extra cost. Soon the price will be much higher.
This software uses Google's Text To Speech and Speech Recognition APIs.
If you like this you will like World English.