- As featured on SMH, The Australian, Herald Sun & iTWire
Packaged foods can be surprisingly high in salt, fat and sugar. Use FoodSwitch for healthy grocery shopping and make better food choices for you and your family.
FoodSwitch now comes with a new GlutenSwitch feature to help you find out whether a packaged food contains gluten or not, and it even helps you find healthier, gluten-free choices.
FoodSwitch also comes with a SaltSwitch feature to especially help people looking to lower their salt intake.
Take three simple steps to better health by reducing high levels of fat, salt and sugar in you and your family’s diet.
1. Scan barcodes of packaged foods with your camera and see what’s in the food you’re eating.
2. Switch to similar foods that are healthier choices.
3. Share your healthier food choices with your friends via Facebook, Twitter or email.
"As parents, we all want our kids to eat well. However, up until now, it hasn’t been easy to get help in a simple way that lets you make informed food choices for your family. The best part of the FoodSwitch app is that it takes the guesswork out of shopping by arming Australians with options for healthier products to purchase."
- Nicole Livingstone, FoodSwitch ambassador, Olympian and mum
- Immediate, easy-to-understand nutritional information for more than 38,000 products in Australia
- Simple colour-coded ratings for 4 key food components (total fat, saturated fat, sugar and salt)
- Get a list of healthier choices for the food you scan
- Find out whether a packaged food product is gluten-free or not in GlutenSwitch mode
- Save your healthy favourites on personalised shopping lists
- Export your lists of healthier choices or share them with friends and family
FoodSwitch has been developed by as part of the Healthy Foods Initiative, a partnership between Bupa and The George Institute for Global Health designed to help Australians understand more about the nutritional value of the food we eat and empower people to make healthier choices. The database that powers FoodSwitch is the result of three years of research by food and health policy experts from The George Institute.
Download the app today and find out for yourself why key health organisations like FoodSwitch!
"The Heart Foundation is very supportive of tools that help consumers make healthier choices."
- Dr Lyn Roberts, CEO, Heart Foundation of Australia
For more information about FoodSwitch and answers to commonly asked questions, visit www.bupa.com.au/foodswitch.
© The George Institute for Global Health Dec 2011. FoodSwitch provides nutritional information and healthier alternatives based on a scientific algorithm developed by The George Institute for Global Health and licensed to Bupa Australia Pty Ltd. The information has been developed and reviewed by health professionals and to the best of their knowledge is current and based on reputable sources of evidence at the time of publishing. Whilst every care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of the data, no warranty of this accuracy is provided. All users, especially those with special dietary requirements or food sensitivities, should they assess the accuracy and relevance of this information for their personal circumstances. The information should be used as a guide only and should not be relied upon as a substitute for professional medical advice. The George Institute is not liable for any loss or damage you suffer arising out of the use of or reliance on the information, except that which cannot be excluded by law. We recommend that you consult your doctor or other qualified health professional if you have questions or concerns about your, or your family's health.
Free and simple to use, Ground Miles is designed to encourage and support you to walk more. Powered by health expertise from Bupa, Ground Miles will help you get walking whether you walk to look good, feel great, or just to get outdoors. Ground Miles turns your smartphone into your very own personal walking tracker, featuring:
Track your activity
- Track your indoor and outdoor walking - your distance and also your pace across three simple levels: active, walk and run
- Track your daily, weekly and total walking distances in miles or kilometres
- Get walking to earn visible and surprise badges as you reach your goals (and burn calories!)
- New Ground Miles badges* are added regularly, including unique badges for the casual walker, the early morning riser, and those who walk in their local park. *Some badges require GPS
Walk together and stay social
- Join or create virtual walking groups with friends or family anywhere in the world and see your collective miles accumulate
- Share your badges and walking milestones with friends via social media including Facebook and Twitter
Tailor and monitor your walking goals
- Set your own daily or weekly goals
- Use the interactive in-App map, using your phone's native map functionality, to see where you could walk to reach your goal
- Receive personalised motivation cards based on your walking routine
Personalise your experience
- Enter your age, height, weight, gender and step length for a more personalised experience (but not required before you get going)
- Personalise your Ground Miles app background by using your favourite photo - or add any amazing sights you see while walking
Join the challenge
- The World Heart Federation and Bupa have formed a global partnership to get the world walking, to help reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease (includes heart disease and stroke).
- On World Heart Day they are launching a global walking challenge called Ground Miles Challenge. The global target is to walk 5 million miles (approximately 8 million kilometres).
- People who download the Ground Miles app and achieve their Ground Miles Challenge badge will have the chance to win prizes along the way (terms and conditions apply).
- Together, when we achieve 5 million miles, our collective efforts will unlock Bupa funding to World Heart Federation programmes that protect thousands of children from heart failure and early death, as a result of Rheumatic Heart Disease.
Remember, everyone can take steps towards heart health - and it is never too late to get walking!
Start walking with Ground Miles today to help protect not only your own health, but the health of thousands of children around the world.
For more info visit:
*Due to device and OS compatibility issues with running the accelerometer in the background, this app will only work on OS 4.0 and above.
How brain-healthy do you think you are? BrainyApp will guide you on how to live a brain-healthy lifestyle and show you that what is good for your heart is also good for your brain.
As well as being important for good memory and thinking skills, being brain healthy may also reduce your risk of developing dementia.
To get the most out of BrainyApp, start by taking the Brain Health Survey, which will give you your initial brain health score. You will be able to email yourself your results and feedback on how you went.
You can then regularly add to your score by completing the suggested Activities in BrainyApp. If you’re not doing enough Activities, you’ll see your brain-heart health score decrease.
You can also earn extra points by sharing your score and BrainyApp Facts on Facebook.
BrainyApp has the following features:
Brain health survey – see what your brain health score is and get personalised recommendations on what you can do to improve your brain health
Brain games – give your brain a work out
Activities – add to your brain health points with a range of activities including exercise, eating well, getting health checks, keeping your mind active and managing your smoking and alcohol intake
Monitor your Brain Health Points and track your progress over time
Get a daily fact sent to you
Share facts and your brain health scores with friends and family
BrainyApp was developed by Alzheimer’s Australia and Bupa Health Foundation to raise community awareness of the risk factors for Alzheimer’s disease and other types of dementia and on how to live a brain healthy lifestyle.
For more information on how to lead a brain healthy life and reduce your risk of developing dementia, visit Alzheimer’s Australia’s Your Brain Matters website at yourbrainmatters.org.au.
The information contained in BrainyApp is provided for education purposes and is intended to support, not replace, consultation with a medical practitioner and is not to be taken as the giving of medical advice. Whilst appreciable care has been taken in the preparation of this information, Alzheimer’s Australia is not liable for any error or omission, even if negligent.
What Does the App Provide Me with?
• It counts your steps, distance and the time you spent walking each day. Also tells you how many calories you burnt too
• Enables you to collect points and receive badges to show-off and post on your Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram accounts
• Invite friends to walk together via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or SMS
• Create as many groups as you want and compete with other groups
• Monitor your personal and your group’s daily, weekly, and monthly statistics
• Add or remove individuals from your groups.
Download the “Walk your Heart” app and invite your friends and family to fun exciting activities.You and your friends can compete with others across Saudi and “Walk your Heart” to achieve your own walking targets
ترغب بأن تكون في صحة ولياقة جسدية أفضل ولكن تفتقر العزيمة الكافية لممارسة نمط حياة صحية؟ كشركة رائدة في الرعاية الصحية تبادر بوبا العربية بالتعاون مع موبايلي لإطلاق تطبيق صحي ومسلي ليعطيك الدافع لممارسة رياضة المشي وإدراجها ضمن روتين حياتك اليومي.
• أهم مزايا تطبيق “مشي قلبك” للهاتف الذكي:
• يعمل التطبيق كحاسب آلي لعد الخطوات، والمسافة، والوقت الذي قمت بقطعة بشكل يومي. وكذلك عدد السعرات الحرارية التي تم حرقها.
• يمكنك جمع النقاط والحصول على علامات إنجاز إلكترونية والتي يمكنك عرضها على صفحتك بالفيس بوك، أو تويتر، أو انستجرام!
• يمكنك إنشاء أكثر من فريق والتنافس مع فرق أخرى حول المملكة
• يمكنك دعوة أصدقائك للإنضمام الى فريقك والمشي معك من خلال الفيس بوك، التويتر، انستجرام، أو رسائل الSMS
• مراقبة التقدم اليومي، والأسبوعي، والشهري لك ولفريقك
• يمكنك حذف وإضافة أعضاء فريقك في أي وقت
قم بتحميل التطبيق الآن مجاناً و استمتع بصحتك!
A supportive guide for anyone who has completed their cancer treatment, or who no longer has cancer, and for their friends and family. The guide contains an intimate and inspiring collection of stories in which people living with and beyond cancer describe the challenges they have faced – and give practical tips for overcoming them.
Bupa oncology experts also offer their own advice for dealing with common issues relating to cancer and cancer treatment, including: cancer related fatigue (CRF); anxiety and depression; physical changes, such as hair loss and scarring; eating and exercising healthily; relationships; returning to work; and much more.
The book also contains a foreword from world-renowned oncologist, Professor Justin Stebbing.
Living With and Beyond Cancer is produced by Bupa. bupa.co.uk/beyondcancer
The Bupa Health Finder App has been designed to help our members find healthy. If you are a non-Bupa member you will still be able to enjoy many of the features such as our extensive database of health topics.
✔ Access to Bupa’s extensive database of health topic information
✔ Bupa approved specialist & facility finder
✔ Bookmark specialist and facilities for easy reference
✔ Step-by-step guide to the Bupa claims process
✔ Bupa members card: Store your membership details securely on your Phone
✔ Product Promotions: exclusive member offers
✔ Pin protection for security
✔ Save appointments to your Phone calendar
✔ Get directions to specialists / facilities
✔ Store GP details
✔ Store your pre-authorisation numbers
✔ Access Bupa contact details and call straight from your app
✔ Use Bupa Fitness workouts as a stand alone programme or to complement your cardiovascular routine.
✔ Start the application by assessing yourself in four key areas: flexibility, balance, core stability and strength on a scale of one to four stars.
✔ Each test has a video demonstration.
✔ Follow a personalised four-week plan that takes into account your strengths and weaknesses, which should help you to progress by one star in each key area.
✔ Complete the targeted workouts to improve your weaknesses.
✔ Each workout comprises a warm up, four exercises and a cool down.
✔ View a step-by-step explanation and a video demonstration of each exercise.
✔ Each exercise can be made easier or harder to suit your level.
✔ Use the timer to help you during the exercises.
✔ Take the test again at the end of the four weeks to see how much you have improved.
✔ Keep track of the exercises and workouts you do, as well as your test results in your tracker.
✔ Learn fitness facts along the way.
✔ For additional variety, use the shuffle function to create a random set of exercises.