Bupa Arabia provides a multi lingual (English and Arabic) mobile application for Bupa members and non-members. As a Bupa member, you’ll be able to access exclusive rage of online services from your mobile device for easy and importable access at all times for yourself and any of your dependents under your insurance policy.
- Access your online services straight from your phone where you’ll be able to view your membership details, coverage, hospitals network, Pre-Authorization and your claim history for you and your dependents.
- Send your Bupa Arabia certificate for you and your dependents directly from your phone either by Email or Fax
- Search for the nearest Bupa Arabia branch to you with directions and navigation from Google maps
- Get access to weekly health tips which is available to Bupa members and non-members
- Get access to Bupa Arabia’s Stock Market straight from Tadawul
- Get an instant quote for Bupa for Saudi Families products, Bupa for Individuals and Bupa for Domestic Help
- Contact us directly from your phone for inquiries regarding Bupa products and services
If you experience any technical issues, tweet us on @BupaArabia. We’re happy to help.
We welcome your feedback. Please let us what you think of this app and how we can improve by rating and leaving your comments below.
--Discover equivalent medicines for your condition
--Translate symptoms and conditions in a variety of languages
--Find out the security situation of different countries and emergency service numbers
--Save items for easy reference
Bupa has launched a new Doctors Finder App to help members to stay in control with their medical insurance scheme. It offers members instant access to information about network doctors and clinics wherever and whenever you need it.
- Search for network doctors and clinics by different criteria such as name of doctor, or fields such as district or specialty etc.
- Add doctors to “My favorites” to view information about your preferred clinics at a glance
- Search for nearby doctors within 500m of your current location by GPS
- Display the location of the clinic on a map and show the route from your current location to the clinic
- Get the latest news and offers from Bupa
You can have access to all your Bupa contracts in one place.
With “Bupa Me” application, you can:
- View and edit your Bupa contracts information online
- Check your remaining benefits
- Review your claim records history and reimbursement status
- Search for Bupa network hospitals and clinics, with GPS location-sensitive capability
- Support both Thai and English
Free and simple to use, Ground Miles is designed to encourage and support you to walk more. Powered by health expertise from Bupa, Ground Miles will help you get walking whether you walk to look good, feel great, or just to get outdoors. Ground Miles turns your smartphone into your very own personal walking tracker, featuring:
Track your activity
- Track your indoor and outdoor walking - your distance and also your pace across three simple levels: active, walk and run
- Track your daily, weekly and total walking distances in miles or kilometres
- Get walking to earn visible and surprise badges as you reach your goals (and burn calories!)
- New Ground Miles badges* are added regularly, including unique badges for the casual walker, the early morning riser, and those who walk in their local park. *Some badges require GPS
Walk together and stay social
- Join or create virtual walking groups with friends or family anywhere in the world and see your collective miles accumulate
- Share your badges and walking milestones with friends via social media including Facebook and Twitter
Tailor and monitor your walking goals
- Set your own daily or weekly goals
- Use the interactive in-App map, using your phone's native map functionality, to see where you could walk to reach your goal
- Receive personalised motivation cards based on your walking routine
Personalise your experience
- Enter your age, height, weight, gender and step length for a more personalised experience (but not required before you get going)
- Personalise your Ground Miles app background by using your favourite photo - or add any amazing sights you see while walking
For more info visit:
*Due to device and OS compatibility issues with running the accelerometer in the background, this app will only work on OS 4.0 and above.
FoodSwitch comes with handy filters to suit different health needs:
- FoodSwitch Classic is for anyone looking to make generally healthier food choices
- SaltSwitch has been designed to help people lower their salt intake
- GlutenSwitch helps people living with coeliac disease or gluten intolerance as it also identifies if a packaged food contains gluten
- FatSwitch has been designed to help people lower their saturated fat intake and is great for people with or being treated for high cholesterol
- EnergySwitch can help people choose foods with lower energy (kilojoules) to help manage their energy needs
- SugarSwitch helps people choose healthier foods with less sugar to help lower total sugar intake.
You can now also view the nutrition information using two modes:
- Traffic light labels – uses colour-coded ratings tell you if a product is low (green), medium (amber) or high (red) for four key food components (salt, sugar, fat and saturated fat).
- Health Star Ratings – gives an idea of how healthy a product is overall from 0.5 to 5 stars; the higher the star rating, the healthier the food.
- Get immediate, easy-to-understand nutritional information from a large, independent, Australian packaged food products database
- Get a list of similar foods to the item you scanned and switch to healthier choices where available
- Save your healthy favourites on personalised shopping lists.
- Export your lists of healthier choices or share them with friends and family
FoodSwitch has been developed by Bupa and The George Institute for Global Health to help Australians make healthier food choices.
For more information about FoodSwitch and answers to commonly asked questions, visit www.bupa.com.au/foodswitch.
© The George Institute for Global Health 2015. FoodSwitch provides nutritional information and healthier alternatives based on a scientific algorithm developed by The George Institute for Global Health and licensed to Bupa Australia Pty Ltd ABN 81 000 057 590 (“Bupa”). The information has been developed and reviewed by health professionals and to the best of their knowledge is current and based on reputable sources of evidence at the time of publishing. Whilst every care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of the data, no warranty of this accuracy is provided. All users, especially those with special dietary requirements or food sensitivities, should assess the accuracy and relevance of this information for their personal circumstances. The information should be used as a guide only and should not be relied upon as a substitute for professional medical advice. The George Institute and Bupa are not liable for any loss or damage you suffer arising out of the use of or reliance on the information, except that which cannot be excluded by law. We recommend that you consult your doctor or other qualified health professional if you have questions or concerns about you, or your family’s health.
Improve your wellness
Set your own health goals to suit your lifestyle and celebrate successes with wellness points, new levels and badges.
See all your fitness data in one place
Automatically syncs fitness activities from other apps and wearable devices.
Connect with your colleagues
Uses LinkedIn or Facebook to instantly connect you with your colleagues.
Climb the leaderboard
Compete with colleagues and earn your place at the top of the leaderboard.
Take part in challenges
Work together in company-wide challenges to achieve collective glory.
Motivate each other
Send fun messages, motivations and teases to encourage your colleagues, then praise or ‘like’ their achievements when they do well.
Tap into Bupa’s health library
Comprehensive health information and tools from health experts at your fingertips.
24/7 advice and support
Access to Bupa’s Anytime HealthLine for telephone consultations with our team of nurses.
For more information visit:
How brain-healthy do you think you are? BrainyApp will guide you on how to live a brain-healthy lifestyle and show you that what is good for your heart is also good for your brain.
As well as being important for good memory and thinking skills, being brain healthy may also reduce your risk of developing dementia.
To get the most out of BrainyApp, start by taking the Brain Health Survey, which will give you your initial brain health score. You will be able to email yourself your results and feedback on how you went.
You can then regularly add to your score by completing the suggested Activities in BrainyApp. If you’re not doing enough Activities, you’ll see your brain-heart health score decrease.
You can also earn extra points by sharing your score and BrainyApp Facts on Facebook.
BrainyApp has the following features:
Brain health survey – see what your brain health score is and get personalised recommendations on what you can do to improve your brain health
Brain games – give your brain a work out
Activities – add to your brain health points with a range of activities including exercise, eating well, getting health checks, keeping your mind active and managing your smoking and alcohol intake
Monitor your Brain Health Points and track your progress over time
Get a daily fact sent to you
Share facts and your brain health scores with friends and family
BrainyApp was developed by Alzheimer’s Australia and Bupa Health Foundation to raise community awareness of the risk factors for Alzheimer’s disease and other types of dementia and on how to live a brain healthy lifestyle.
For more information on how to lead a brain healthy life and reduce your risk of developing dementia, visit Alzheimer’s Australia’s Your Brain Matters website at yourbrainmatters.org.au.
The information contained in BrainyApp is provided for education purposes and is intended to support, not replace, consultation with a medical practitioner and is not to be taken as the giving of medical advice. Whilst appreciable care has been taken in the preparation of this information, Alzheimer’s Australia is not liable for any error or omission, even if negligent.
- Quickly and easily contact HBF via phone or email
- Find your nearest HBF branch and get directions from your current location
– Locate and get directions to physios, optical stores and participating providers.
- Search for your nearest participating provider or check if your doctor or specialist is participating
- Automatically updates with the latest provider, hospital and HBF branch locations
Downloading the HBF information may incur data costs. Check your data allowance with your internet or telecommunications provider.
✔ Use Bupa Fitness workouts as a stand alone programme or to complement your cardiovascular routine.
✔ Start the application by assessing yourself in four key areas: flexibility, balance, core stability and strength on a scale of one to four stars.
✔ Each test has a video demonstration.
✔ Follow a personalised four-week plan that takes into account your strengths and weaknesses, which should help you to progress by one star in each key area.
✔ Complete the targeted workouts to improve your weaknesses.
✔ Each workout comprises a warm up, four exercises and a cool down.
✔ View a step-by-step explanation and a video demonstration of each exercise.
✔ Each exercise can be made easier or harder to suit your level.
✔ Use the timer to help you during the exercises.
✔ Take the test again at the end of the four weeks to see how much you have improved.
✔ Keep track of the exercises and workouts you do, as well as your test results in your tracker.
✔ Learn fitness facts along the way.
✔ For additional variety, use the shuffle function to create a random set of exercises.
PaceFinder works in 2 ways:
The "Pace Calculator" lets you specify the distance of your run and your desired finish time as well as your walk break time and pace. PaceFinder will report back a list of run segment durations and run paces that you can use to achieve your desired finish time. It also will tell you the number of run segments and walk breaks so you can easily set up your Garmin™ ForeRunner® in advance if you choose to not use the built in timer.
The "Finish Calculator" lets you specify the distance of your run, as well as the pace and duration of your run segments and walk breaks. PaceFinder will report back the expected finish time, overall pace, run segment and walk break information, and more.
These 2 calculators will sync with the new timer so that you will always know when to walk and when to run. There is a timer for each segment as well as one that displays the total time of your run.
The PaceFinder interface allows you to use either metric or US standard units in all fields, and has a preset list of common race distances as well as allowing you to specify your own distances.
Note that while the PaceFinder timer is designed to be used while on a run, this version does not keep track of your specific pace while doing the timing. To get your pace while running, you will need to use an external GPS.
For more on the run-walk method, see Galloway’s Book on Running or Marathon You Can Do It! by Jeff Galloway.
Keywords: Run, walk, running, walking, pace, pacing, run/walk, intervals, long runs, marathon, half marathon, minutes per mile, minutes per kilometer, timer, timing, Galloway
That’s why the latest nib app for Android makes it even easier to get the most from your nib health cover.
- Making a claim is now as easy as taking a photo!
- View your remaining annual benefits on extras,
- View and update your personal details,
As one of Australia's fastest growing health funds we've been providing health insurance to Australians for over 60 years and now cover over 900,000 customers.
We created this app to make it easy for you to keep track of the health and wellbeing of you and your loved ones. All you need to get started is a myHBF login.
If you can never remember your blood type or which travel vaccinations you’ve had and when, who in your family is allergic to a medication, when your next annual health check is due and exactly what time your child’s doctor’s appointment is, HBF Pocket Health lets you keep all that info at hand.
You can also monitor illnesses and symptoms (feel like you’ve had the sniffles six times in the past year, but can’t be sure?), track your children’s height and development, and record your weight, workouts and other fitness measures over time.
It’s quick and simple to use, and you can add as much or as little information about yourself and your family as you like. Here’s how it can help you manage your number one priority, your health:
• Pocket Health is your timeline of test results, vaccinations and medication
• It puts important health info (like allergies, family history and blood type) close at hand when you need it
• You can also schedule future appointments and store the contact details of your doctors, dentists and specialists
• Use it to track your weight, activity and other health stats
• Store images of x-rays, doctors notes, symptoms or prescriptions.
Because your health is all that matters. Keep it all in your pocket.
A note on privacy: All the info you enter into your mobile personal health record about yourself and anyone else cannot be accessed by HBF or any third party. It can only be viewed by you and anyone you share your Pocket Health login and password with.