With FasterGPS you can select a NTP Server matching your region to speed up the process of getting a GPS fix.
This is an open source alternative to FasterFix!
• Read/Write access on system-Partition
Source code/Bug reports/Translations
You can donate money to support the development in-app.
• Root access: To write gps.conf file to system partition
• Internet access: To allow donations
NTPSync is a simple NTP time synchronization app for Android.
To set system time to NTP time you need root access on your device, to just query the time you don't.
• Information can be found in in-app Help screen.
• If you have other problems please report them in the issue tracker on http://code.google.com/p/ntp-sync/issues
Source code/Bug reports/Translations
You can donate money to support the development in-app.
• Root access: To set system time
• Internet access: To query the NTP server
• Wakelock: To maintain a reliable network connection while querying NTP server
ClockSync synchronizes device system clock with atomic time from Internet via NTP (Network Time Protocol).
Useful if provider doesn't support NITZ, sends incorrect time or if your device/ROM has heavy clock drift.
There are 2 modes: automatic for root users and assisted manual mode for users without root (rootless mode).
Rootless mode features:
- automatic atomic time retrieval with configurable interval
- notification when offset exceeds user set threshold
- assisted manual synchronization with the hint what time/date to set
- precision between 1 and 30 seconds (because Android doesn't allow to set seconds)
- 1 second precision if your device resets seconds on Set (most Samsung and some HTC devices)
- Greenwich Time Signal assisted sync if device resets seconds
Root mode features:
- automatic sync with configurable interval
- accuracy is ~1-20ms depending on your connection and NTP server
- statistics (average drift per day, total time corrected)
Root is required because of Android security restrictions, vote for http://bit.ly/set_time_without_root if you want it to work without root, however Google has declined to fix it with the following comment:
"Hi, it is by design that applications can not change the time. There are many subtle aspects of security that can rely on the current time, such as certificate expiration, license management, etc. We do not want to allow third party applications to globally disrupt the system in this way." © some Google employee
- customizable NTP/SNTP server and timeout
- displays current date or time since last sync
- NTP server details dialog
- 3 color schemes (dark, light, default)
- 12-hour or 24-hour clock format
- time zone detection and adjustment based on geo location
- system time zone override with custom offset
- time zone management based on latest Olson tz database (zoneinfo)
- optional haptic feedback and sync notification
- clean and easy to use interface (tap screen values or use menu)
Don't have root? See http://bit.ly/phoneroot for the detailed instructions.
Don't want or can't root your device? You can still use ClockSync as your precise time source to adjust your watch or other clocks, or to verify how accurate your cell time is, or set time manually in rootless mode.
Move to SD is disabled because automatic synchronization (timers) will not work when app is moved, also app size is very small and since not all files are moved to SD in any case, it would not save you more than 50Kb.
If you get wrong time after synchronization, your phone time zone data is out of date, use http://bit.ly/tzupdate to fix it.
Issues, questions or suggestions? Please e-mail me, developers have no way to respond to Market comments.
I reply to every e-mail within one day maximum (usually instantly).
See http://bit.ly/clocksync for more information.
Google+ Community: http://bit.ly/cs-plus
Permissions explained for paranoid users:
- RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED: used only for "Sync on boot" option
- VIBRATE: optional haptic feedback on tap and sync
- INTERNET: to get time from NTP servers, to get time zone from web services
- WAKE_LOCK: to perform background synchronization without being killed in the middle by the OS
- ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: to sync only when network is available
- ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION: to get best location for time zone from location feature when GPS is on
- ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION: if GPS is off, network location is used
- SET_TIME_ZONE: to automatically set time zone depending on location or for manual override
- SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW: new permission since 1.1.5, used for transparent overlay in rootless mode to show countdown updated every second
- ACCESS_SUPERUSER: for compatibility with SuperSU and Superuser applications, see http://bit.ly/su-permission
This application helps you keep the internal clock of your Android device accurate by synchronizing it with the GPS time signal.
ROOT access is required to actually set the time. The difference (in seconds) between your devices' time and the GPS time can be seen without root.
Looking for translators for languages other than english and german. Participate in the translation at http://bit.ly/gpsTimeLang
may not work on many Galaxy Devices including Galaxy Nexus (OMAP devices)
**To Download A-GPS assist data, Active Internet Connection REQUIRED**
This application downloads A-GPS Xtra data and NTP data to fix GPS faster automatically when GPS in use.
especially for some custom ROMs, GPS is broken due to data not downloaded automatically.
If you like this app, please like GPS Test on Facebook: -
GPS Test has five screens full of information: -
1) GPS signal (SNR) bar chart, showing the signal strength for each satellite, as well as the accuracy and status of the GPS.
2) Satellite positions in the sky (skyview), shown on a rotating compass.
3) Your current location on the earth shown as text and on a world map. The current position of the sun and the day/night transition curve is also shown.
4) Your current speed, heading and altitude shown as text.
5) The current time read from the GPS and the local time in your current timezone, as well as the sunrise and sunset times at your location.
Coordinate Grids supported by GPS Test:-
OSGB, UTM, MGRS, USNG, CH1903, Maidenhead.
Datums supported by GPS Test:-
WGS84, NAD83, NAD27, ED50, AGD66, AGD84, SAD69
If you like this app please look at ***GPS TEST PLUS***.
* Simple Navigation.
* Location Sharing (email, sms, twitter etc)
* Dials (Altimeter, Speedo and Compass)
* 7 segment LED font
* Dot Matrix font
* HUD mode
Works on Honeycomb O/S and large screen tablets.
GPS Test blog - http://gpstestapp.blogspot.com/
INTERNET permissions are only required for analytics and app wall in the AppBrain library. The app will work fine without a WiFi or data conection.
1、get the NTP time quickly
Welcome to Time Calibrator!
Time Calibrator has been specifically designed to deliver accurate time information to people all around the globe. The app connects automatically to the atomic clock server in Switzerland to display the exact local time and date. Through quantum technology, the information travels at the speed of light from the NTP server and is communicated directly to AtomTime i-Atomic watches via light signals.
* Click the widget to download and inject the NTP time and AGPS data into the gpsOne engine.
* Display the AGPS injection date and time in the widget.
* Decide to show which type of the notification after the AGPS injection is finished.
* Schedule the AGPS injection.
* Jump to the built-in Location setting if GPS is off.
* Decide whether to auto inject the AGPS data when connected to a Wi-Fi network.
* Not all GPS-enabled devices support AGPS injection. (All Qualcomm CPU-equipped devices should be supported.)
* Internet is required to download the NTP time and AGPS data.
* You need to turn GPS on when injecting the AGPS data.
Please visit http://androidforum.tytung.com/android-app-agps-injector-widget-t97.html for more info.
* Fix the bugs in v1.0.4.
* Add a checkbox to decide whether to auto inject the AGPS data every time when connected to a Wi-Fi network.
* Add a confirm dialog before going to the built-in Location setting if clicking the "Inject now" button and GPS is off.
* Jump to the built-in Location setting if GPS is off.
* Fix the false negative message again.
* Fix the false negative message that AGPS injection is not supported by the device.
* Fix the force close when running the app after unchecked "Show this dialog every time".
* Add the source code compatibility to fix a bug on Gingerbread.
* Enable Proguard to optimize the app size.
* Popup a message if the AGPS injection is not supported by the device.
* Add a "Inject now" button to the app.
* Bug fixes.
Choose an application from the menu and start it right after A-GPS download request.
This is ad-supported version, extra permissions required by the ad network SDK. Core functionality is the same as the full version. The full (paid) version is temporarily not available (existing customers WILL receive all updates). Stay tuned!
* Not all GPS-enabled devices support A-GPS download. Application tries to test whether it is supported or not during the first start.
* Internet connectivity required to download A-GPS data.
Download periodically XtraData(A-GPS Aid data),
it would intensify GPS performance.
provide compass & simple location information.
change method to advertise
support keeping screen on when see compass(optional)
add compass and location information
support clear xtra data cache
check GPS enabled.
Small bug fixed.
GPS Status - Raw GPS data: Number of Satellites, Location, Altitude, Accuracy and Speed.
GPS Fix - Reset your GPS state and download assistance data if your GPS is not working.
Magnet - Get magnetic field strength readings from your magnetometer. You can use this to calibrate your compass. Wave your phone in a figure 8 pattern and if the two values match, your magnetometer is calibrated.
You need a clear view of the sky to get a GPS signal, ideally outside or at least near a window.
To calibrate your compass, please stand clear of metal objects or electronics.
Tap on the values to change units. Speed: m/s, km/h, mph, knots. Length: m, ft. Location: degrees, minutes, seconds.
Some Motorola phones can't get a GPS fix if the device is set to Airplane mode.
Thanks for downloading!
* FAQ at http://timos.me/tm/faq
* Set on boot, settings lost, frequencies don't stick, MIUI ROM problem,... read FAQ above
* We do not reply to Play Store rating as it only allow rather short message and no record for conversation, please email us for support
* Help us translate the app: http://timos.me/tm/translate
This app requires:
- ROOT and working busybox installation
These devices are officially supported
- GALAXY NEXUS (toro, maguro, toroplus)
- Nexus 7 (grouper) and Nexus 7 3G (tipalia)
- Nexus 7 2013 (flo)
- Nexus 4 (mako)
- Nexus 5 (hammerhead, preliminary support)
- Sony Xperia Z (yuga) and ZL (odin)
- LG Optimus G
- Galaxy SIII with Exynos SOC
- HTC Incredible S (vivo: preliminary support)
- Nexus 10 (preliminary support)
- HTC One X International (endeavoru; preliminary support)
- HTC One M7U and M7UL
- Galaxy SIII with Qualcomm SOC (preliminary support)
Coming to more devices in the future.
Trickster MOD app is a tweaking tool to change various settings included in your kernel and other mods to your phone.
* Trickster MOD has abilities to do the following *
- ADB over WLAN
- Set I/O scheduler, read ahead buffer, CPU scaling governor, min and max CPU speed
- CPU Statistics
- Set Device hostname
- Apply Grace Period (was Bootloop Preventer)
- Frequency Lock
* Donate key will get you following features *
- I/O scheduler advanced control
- Color profile for device with color settings
- CPU Frequency profile
- Voltage profile for some settings
- Sound control for faux's patches
- Advanced gamma control for N4 with faux's patch
- Touch Filter Control for N4 with supported kernels
- Bootloader lock/unlock without fastboot and data wipe for some devices
- Kernel backup/restore on some supported devices
- Launcher shortcuts to some app operations
* Following features depend on kernel support *
- Color for Galaxy Nexus and Nexus 4, contrast and gamma tweaks for Galaxy Nexus
- Generic hotplug
- CPU Temp limit
- Minimal SmartReflex voltage of Core, IVA, and MPU domains
- Nominal SmartReflex voltage for Core, IVA, and MPU domains
- Regulator voltages
- GLaDOS live OC of Core, GPU and MPU
- WIFI mode for screen off (power saving or full speed)
- Vibrator strength
- Headset volume boost
- High performance sound
- Force fast charge
- Battery live extender
- Touch wake and touch wake duration
- fsync control
- Sweep 2 wake
- And more...
This is provided with NO GUARANTY whatsoever. Use your common sense.
Mit dieser App ist es Möglich, Zeitinformationen von (NTP) Servern abzurufen. Es kann entweder der Standardserver oder ein beliebiger in den Settings eingestellt werden.
Nach Drücken auf den Refresh Button wird
- Die aktuelle Zeit
- Die Laufzeit (RoundTrimTime) ähnlich PING
- Die NTP Zeit (Sekunden seit 1.1.1900, 0:00)
- Die UNIX Zeit (Sekunden seit 1.1.1970, 0:00)
- Die Abweichung von der Systemzeit
Weitere Informationen über das NTP Protokoll finden Sie in der Wikipedia: http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network_Time_Protocol
Diese App nutzt Teile des Android Open Source Projects
* Get a point's direction and follow it in compass.
* Create a database with your favorite places and areas.
* You can import and export points from Google Earth.
* Multi language: English, Spanish, French
* UPDATED 1.2: New control GPS activation
Thanks for download GPSPointrack!
Rooted users can run Fake GPS without setting "Allow mock location" option. To do that you should move "com.lexa.fakegps.apk" from "/data/app" to "/system/app" (use root explorer for that), set permission to rw-r--r-- and reboot your handset. On Android 4.4 you should move apk to "/system/priv-app" folder
+++ IMPORTANT +++:
1. You should DISABLE "Use wireless networks" options in Location settings of your phone to avoid an issue with keeping faked location even AFTER STOPPING THE APP.
2. Always run FakeGPS BEFORE running other apps to be faked otherwise they will use the default GPS sensor instead of FakeGPS's
If you find any issue - please feel fre to contact me
IMPORTANT: widget may not work on some android versions, since GPS api is closed. If you use your device for navigation, make sure you can see gps icon in notifications while you use your navigation app. You can doable check if GPS is ON by clicking on widget label, it will bring android gps settings screen.
Allows you On/Off your GPS state with only 1 click instead of 4.
To add widget press: Home->Menu->Add->Widgets->GPS OnOff
HINT: tap on widget label will take you to system settings.
Look for our AppControl application manager and ProcessManager.
The app was made for CM9 users on the Samsung Galaxy S. It is reported to work on the Samsung Galaxy S2 and the Samsung Galaxy Note as well.
It does NOT work on the Samsung Galaxy S3 and most likely it will not work on the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 also. All devices tat came shipped with Android 3.x and above will not be able to run on mass storage, unfotunately I can only block lower api's, not higher api's on the play store.
•switches, dimmers, weather, relays and screens (uhh, everything I think)
•ssdp (you don't have to enter a IP adress anymore, needs pilight 3.0 or development branch!!)
•notifications (silent, updates when an update comes in. So, you can always monitor your home temperature in the notification centre!)
•Tasker action support, control pilight through Tasker!
• Grid and List.
• Tablet support.
Default behaviour is a running service connected to the deamon at all time. Stopped when leaving your home network, started again when coming home. You'll have a notification showing the last update of the config.
This behaviour can be disabled in the settings but I recommend to keep it on. It hardly takes any battery (try BetterBatteryStats to show this).
Hopefully, if pilight supports doorbels, this can be turned into a notification with sound :) Bit geeky but hey, isn't this pilight?!