With FasterGPS you can select a NTP Server matching your region to speed up the process of getting a GPS fix.
This is an open source alternative to FasterFix!
• Read/Write access on system-Partition
Source code/Bug reports/Translations
You can donate money to support the development in-app.
• Root access: To write gps.conf file to system partition
• Internet access: To allow donations
NTPSync is a simple NTP time synchronization app for Android.
To set system time to NTP time you need root access on your device, to just query the time you don't.
• Information can be found in in-app Help screen.
• If you have other problems please report them in the issue tracker on http://code.google.com/p/ntp-sync/issues
Source code/Bug reports/Translations
You can donate money to support the development in-app.
• Root access: To set system time
• Internet access: To query the NTP server
• Wakelock: To maintain a reliable network connection while querying NTP server
ntp, time, time synchronization, ntp query
Open source alternative to
If you like this app, please like GPS Test on Facebook: -
GPS Test has five screens full of information: -
1) GPS signal (SNR) bar chart, showing the signal strength for each satellite, as well as the accuracy and status of the GPS.
2) Satellite positions in the sky (skyview), shown on a rotating compass.
3) Your current location on the earth shown as text and on a world map. The current position of the sun and the day/night transition curve is also shown.
4) Your current speed, heading and altitude shown as text.
5) The current time read from the GPS and the local time in your current timezone, as well as the sunrise and sunset times at your location.
Coordinate Grids supported by GPS Test:-
OSGB, UTM, MGRS, USNG, CH1903, Maidenhead.
Datums supported by GPS Test:-
WGS84, NAD83, NAD27, ED50, AGD66, AGD84, SAD69
If you like this app please look at ***GPS TEST PLUS***.
* Simple Navigation.
* Location Sharing (email, sms, twitter etc)
* Dials (Altimeter, Speedo and Compass)
* 7 segment LED font
* Dot Matrix font
* HUD mode
Works on Honeycomb O/S and large screen tablets.
GPS Test blog - http://gpstestapp.blogspot.com/
INTERNET permissions are only required for analytics and app wall in the AppBrain library. The app will work fine without a WiFi or data conection.
ClockSync synchronizes device system clock with atomic time from Internet via NTP (Network Time Protocol).
Useful if provider doesn't support NITZ, sends incorrect time or if your device/ROM has heavy clock drift.
There are 2 modes: automatic for root users and assisted manual mode for users without root (rootless mode).
Rootless mode features:
- automatic atomic time retrieval with configurable interval
- notification when offset exceeds user set threshold
- assisted manual synchronization with the hint what time/date to set
- precision between 1 and 30 seconds (because Android doesn't allow to set seconds)
- 1 second precision if your device resets seconds on Set (most Samsung and some HTC devices)
- Greenwich Time Signal assisted sync if device resets seconds
Root mode features:
- automatic sync with configurable interval
- accuracy is ~1-20ms depending on your connection and NTP server
- statistics (average drift per day, total time corrected)
Root is required because of Android security restrictions, vote for http://bit.ly/set_time_without_root if you want it to work without root, however Google has declined to fix it with the following comment:
"Hi, it is by design that applications can not change the time. There are many subtle aspects of security that can rely on the current time, such as certificate expiration, license management, etc. We do not want to allow third party applications to globally disrupt the system in this way." © some Google employee
- customizable NTP/SNTP server and timeout
- displays current date or time since last sync
- NTP server details dialog
- 3 color schemes (dark, light, default)
- 12-hour or 24-hour clock format
- time zone detection and adjustment based on geo location
- system time zone override with custom offset
- time zone management based on latest Olson tz database (zoneinfo)
- optional haptic feedback and sync notification
- clean and easy to use interface (tap screen values or use menu)
Don't have root? See http://bit.ly/phoneroot for the detailed instructions.
Don't want or can't root your device? You can still use ClockSync as your precise time source to adjust your watch or other clocks, or to verify how accurate your cell time is, or set time manually in rootless mode.
Move to SD is disabled because automatic synchronization (timers) will not work when app is moved, also app size is very small and since not all files are moved to SD in any case, it would not save you more than 50Kb.
If you get wrong time after synchronization, your phone time zone data is out of date, use http://bit.ly/tzupdate to fix it.
Issues, questions or suggestions? Please e-mail me, developers have no way to respond to Market comments.
I reply to every e-mail within one day maximum (usually instantly).
See http://bit.ly/clocksync for more information.
Google+ Community: http://bit.ly/cs-plus
Permissions explained for paranoid users:
- RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED: used only for "Sync on boot" option
- VIBRATE: optional haptic feedback on tap and sync
- INTERNET: to get time from NTP servers, to get time zone from web services
- WAKE_LOCK: to perform background synchronization without being killed in the middle by the OS
- ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: to sync only when network is available
- ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION: to get best location for time zone from location feature when GPS is on
- ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION: if GPS is off, network location is used
- SET_TIME_ZONE: to automatically set time zone depending on location or for manual override
- SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW: new permission since 1.1.5, used for transparent overlay in rootless mode to show countdown updated every second
- ACCESS_SUPERUSER: for compatibility with SuperSU and Superuser applications, see http://bit.ly/su-permission
may not work on many Galaxy Devices including Galaxy Nexus (OMAP devices)
**To Download A-GPS assist data, Active Internet Connection REQUIRED**
This application downloads A-GPS Xtra data and NTP data to fix GPS faster automatically when GPS in use.
especially for some custom ROMs, GPS is broken due to data not downloaded automatically.
The application obtains the current network time from any publicly available NTP servers, re-sync the time with the NTP server automatically every 10 minutes thereafter.
It also displays a countdown timer showing how long more until the next sync with the NTP servers and allows the user to trigger sync manually.
There are two mode for your choice: digital and analog clock style.
* Click the widget to download and inject the NTP time and AGPS data into the gpsOne engine.
* Display the AGPS injection date and time in the widget.
* Decide to show which type of the notification after the AGPS injection is finished.
* Schedule the AGPS injection.
* Jump to the built-in Location setting if GPS is off.
* Decide whether to auto inject the AGPS data when connected to a Wi-Fi network.
* Not all GPS-enabled devices support AGPS injection. (All Qualcomm CPU-equipped devices should be supported.)
* Internet is required to download the NTP time and AGPS data.
* You need to turn GPS on when injecting the AGPS data.
Please visit http://androidforum.tytung.com/android-app-agps-injector-widget-t97.html for more info.
* Fix the bugs in v1.0.4.
* Add a checkbox to decide whether to auto inject the AGPS data every time when connected to a Wi-Fi network.
* Add a confirm dialog before going to the built-in Location setting if clicking the "Inject now" button and GPS is off.
* Jump to the built-in Location setting if GPS is off.
* Fix the false negative message again.
* Fix the false negative message that AGPS injection is not supported by the device.
* Fix the force close when running the app after unchecked "Show this dialog every time".
* Add the source code compatibility to fix a bug on Gingerbread.
* Enable Proguard to optimize the app size.
* Popup a message if the AGPS injection is not supported by the device.
* Add a "Inject now" button to the app.
* Bug fixes.
Download periodically XtraData(A-GPS Aid data),
it would intensify GPS performance.
provide compass & simple location information.
change method to advertise
support keeping screen on when see compass(optional)
add compass and location information
support clear xtra data cache
check GPS enabled.
Small bug fixed.
Mit dieser App ist es Möglich, Zeitinformationen von (NTP) Servern abzurufen. Es kann entweder der Standardserver oder ein beliebiger in den Settings eingestellt werden.
Nach Drücken auf den Refresh Button wird
- Die aktuelle Zeit
- Die Laufzeit (RoundTrimTime) ähnlich PING
- Die NTP Zeit (Sekunden seit 1.1.1900, 0:00)
- Die UNIX Zeit (Sekunden seit 1.1.1970, 0:00)
- Die Abweichung von der Systemzeit
Weitere Informationen über das NTP Protokoll finden Sie in der Wikipedia: http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network_Time_Protocol
Diese App nutzt Teile des Android Open Source Projects
In the first place, you have to choose the Application-GPS (Sygic, Navigon, MapFactor, ....) from the list of applications. A Desktop-Link is then automatically created.
- The application requires access to the Internet every time it runs. It will download and inject AGPS data (10-20Kb)
- In principle, the application was developed for MTK Chips (MTK 6575,6577,6589,6515, ...). For these Chips:
1) If present, disable EPO (you will not need it anymore)
2) IMPORTANT: If present, activate AGPS (usually this option disapears with 4.2 Android-ROM , even though there is AGPS).
Please ensure that this option is enabled, if present
- Other phones that have GPS / AGPS can benefit from this App (Optimus 4x, Galaxy S2 -first Version-
How to know if this App can help me:
1) Slowly Receipt of Satellites Information.
2) Receipt of Satellites Information , but there is no FIX.
The application does not need root.
☆ Over 100,000,000 users
☆ Benchmark app used during Google I/O 2014
☆ No.1 benchmark app, used as an industry standard by leading technology companies and hardware review sites.
With the Click and Go test suite, Antutu will comprehensively test all aspects of a device, including UX, GPU, RAM, CPU, I/O and more. Each item is individually assessed and given a score. These scores can be uploaded to the Antutu database, and then used to rank your device among all other Android devices.
☆ User Experience (UX) – Overall device performance with detailed scores.
☆ CPU Tests – Measures the power of the CPU, and gives hard numbers for its actual performance.
☆ CPU Single Test-- Measures the power of CPU by running CPU single test algorithms.
☆ RAM Tests – Investigate the real processing capability of the RAM.
☆ GPU Tests – Measure the performance of real graphics processing, 3D effects, games, and video playing.
☆ I/O Tests – A direct score that reflects on the actual input/output (I/O) performance your system permits.
Get your Antutu benchmark score and ranking! Compare and share with your friends!
The Antutu benchmark score of your device is mainly defined by your hardware configuration, but can also be influenced by other elements, including system mode, current device temperature, running apps and more. The score may be vary slightly every time you test.
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/antutulabs
Find us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/antutulabs
For any suggestions or feedback, we hope to get your great ideas via email : email@example.com
or on our Google+ page:
If you're using an Ainol, Ramos or ONDA device, please download the following version:
• Delivers longer battery life with fewer charges, acting as a battery life extender
• Intelligently learns how you use your Snapdragon-powered smartphone and optimizes your device without disabling smartphone functionality
• Requires no user configuration - Snapdragon BatteryGuru automatically learns and adjusts the smartphone settings so you don’t have to
After a brief 2-4 day introduction period, Snapdragon BatteryGuru learns the user’s behaviors and then notifies the user that it is ready to extend the battery life and improve the experience. Snapdragon BatteryGuru continues to operate in the background, deepening its understanding of the user and further optimizing the experience over time.
Snapdragon BatteryGuru battery saver app supports a majority of Snapdragon powered devices and we will continue to work to support additional Snapdragon powered devices. If you experience problems using this battery saver app, we'd really appreciate if you send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org explaining your problem prior to leaving a review – we’ll try to respond as soon as possible.
Please note BatteryGuru is currently not supported on Android L.
Q. Why does BatteryGuru need permission to read contacts, call and SMS logs?
A. Snapdragon BatteryGuru now has a companion lockscreen app called Snapdragon Glance. Glance uses the behavioural learning engine of BatteryGuru to give an intelligent lock screen experience. One of the features of Glance is to suggest the next contacts you are most likely to call or SMS and to deliver this feature the contacts and call/SMS permission is required. The application doesn't read the content of the any messages and the data never leaves your device. If you don’t have Glance installed this data is not used by BatteryGuru, but it still needs to ask for the permission.
In the near future the dependency Glance has on BatteryGuru will be removed and these permission will no longer be needed.
Q. Why does Snapdragon BatteryGuru need to know my location?
A. Snapdragon BatteryGuru uses your location to know the places where you have access to Wi-Fi. It does not use GPS but instead uses Android’s low power network location mechanism to find your approximate location.
Q. Why is my Wi-Fi ON sometimes, when I’m expecting it to be OFF?
A. Snapdragon BatteryGuru’s Wi-Fi management feature turns Wi-Fi on when you need it and turns it off when you don’t, thereby saving you power. However, even when you don’t have Wi-Fi access Snapdragon BatteryGuru will periodically turn Wi-Fi on for few minutes to check if your ability to access Wi-Fi has changed. Likewise when you move to a new location, BatteryGuru will turn Wi-Fi on for a few minutes to check if Wi-Fi access is available. Fear not, turning on the Wi-Fi radio for a few minutes like this has little or no impact on your battery life.
Vellamo 3.1 is designed to be an accurate, easy-to-use suite of system-level benchmarks for devices based on Android 4.0 forward. In Vellamo we want to enable performance enthusiasts to really understand their system, and how it compares to other systems, and our mission has just begun.
Vellamo began as a mobile web benchmarking tool that today has expanded to include three primary Chapters. The Browser Chapter evaluates mobile web browser performance, the Multicore Chapter measures the synergy of multiple CPU cores, and the Metal Chapter measures the single core CPU subsystem performance of mobile processors.
Get your device scores and find out how it compares!
DEVELOPEMENT STOPPED on 02-2014 for health issues :(
APP SOURCES ON SALE! --- APP SOURCES ON SALE!
APP ACQUIRED BY ASSEMBLER-COMPUTER GROUP ITALY
This app can detect hardware of 2010-early2014 devices, it's a nice tool to identify a clone.
This app is only useful for phone with a Qualcomm chipset.
If you don't know how to add GSM / WCDMA / LTE bands to your phone, please refer to this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s5/general/how-to-add-rf-lte-frequency-bands-to-t2886059
That thread is for Samsung Galaxy S5, but the same principle is also applicable for many other phones, e.g. Samsung, LG, Sony, HTC, Nexus...
You also need some NV editor software (e.g. QPST, QXDM, EFS Professional...) on the PC to write these NV items to your phone.
>> NV items description:
+ Adding GSM / WCDMA bands:
NV 1877 (ID 01877) - RF Band Configuration
NV 0441 (ID 00441) - Band Class Preference
NV 0946 (ID 00946) - Expand Band Preference 16 to 32 Bits
NV 2954 (ID 02954) - Bits 32 to 63 of Band Preference
+ Adding LTE bands:
NV 6828 (ID 06828) - LTE BC Configuration
NV 6829 (ID 06829) - LTE BC Configuration DIV
Should you have any question, comment or suggestion, please do not hesitate to contact me on XDA: http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/apps-games/app-qualcomm-nv-calculator-adding-2g-3g-t2915649
- SoC (System On Chip) name, architecture, clock speed for each core ;
- System information : device brand & model, screen resolution, RAM, storage.;
- Battery information : level, status, temperature, capacity ;
- Android 2.2 and above (version 1.03 and +)
- INTERNET permission is required for the online validation (see notes below for more détails about the validation process)
Online Validation (version 1.04 and +)
The validation allows to store the hardware specification of your Android device in a database. After the validation, the program opens your validation URL into your current internet browser. If you enter your e-mail address (optional), an e-mail with your validation link will be sent to you as a reminder.
Settings screen and debug (version 1.03 and +)
If CPU-Z closes abnormally (in case of bug), the settings screen will appear at the next run. You can use that screen to remove the main detection features of the application, and make it run.
In case of bug, please open the application menu and choose "Send Debug Infos" to send a report by email
FAQ and troubleshooting
You can visit the FAQ at that address : http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z-android.html#faq
The app was made for CM9 users on the Samsung Galaxy S. It is reported to work on the Samsung Galaxy S2 and the Samsung Galaxy Note as well.
It does NOT work on the Samsung Galaxy S3 and most likely it will not work on the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 also. All devices tat came shipped with Android 3.x and above will not be able to run on mass storage, unfotunately I can only block lower api's, not higher api's on the play store.
•switches, dimmers, weather, relays and screens (uhh, everything I think)
•ssdp (you don't have to enter a IP adress anymore, needs pilight 3.0 or development branch!!)
•notifications (silent, updates when an update comes in. So, you can always monitor your home temperature in the notification centre!)
•Tasker action support, control pilight through Tasker!
• Grid and List.
• Tablet support.
Default behaviour is a running service connected to the deamon at all time. Stopped when leaving your home network, started again when coming home. You'll have a notification showing the last update of the config.
This behaviour can be disabled in the settings but I recommend to keep it on. It hardly takes any battery (try BetterBatteryStats to show this).
Hopefully, if pilight supports doorbels, this can be turned into a notification with sound :) Bit geeky but hey, isn't this pilight?!