Use the Alberta Emergency Alert App to be informed in the event of an emergency.
Personal preparedness is everyone’s responsibility. Emergencies and disasters can occur anywhere, at any time. It is your responsibility to ensure you are prepared if an emergency or disaster occurs. Emergency alerts are issued to provide you with critical information about an immediate threat, where it is occurring, and what action you need to take.
Key features of the Alberta Emergency Alert App include:
● alerts for life-threatening and developing situations
● alerts targeted for locations you are interested in
● a Follow Me feature to receive alerts near your current location, even if travelling outside of Alberta
● geographical alert area shown on a map
● alerts can be easily shared on social media, and by email and text message
● alert details include informative emergency descriptions, impacted areas and instructions on how to remain safe
● easy to setup and use
● choose the types of alerts you wish to receive
● accessibility features allow full use by people with different abilities
Use of this mobile application, and use of the information accessed by it, is your responsibility. This application is provided ‘as is,' without warranty or representation of any kind including the use, accuracy, timelines, applicability, performance, security, availability or reliability of this application, or that it is free of errors or defects. The Government of Alberta is not responsible for any loss or damage arising from the use of this mobile application or any reliance on the information accessed by it. The Government of Alberta is not responsible for any loss or damage arising out of a failure to access information through this mobile application, or from any virus or other damage to your mobile device or its operating system resulting from the downloading of this application.