“STBBIs: Under the Stethoscope” is a game designed to raise awareness about sexually transmitted and blood-borne infections (STBBIs) among youth aged 12 and over.
In this educational game, players take on the role of a doctor and put their knowledge about STBBIs to the test by seeing patients in a clinic.
USE IN SCHOOL
Developed in partnership with Tel-jeunes and the Ministry of Health and Social Services, the game ties into the Science and Technology curriculum for cycle 1.
The game can also be used to implement the sex education contents determined by the Ministry of Education and Higher Education. More specifically, it deals with topics covered under the theme STBBIs and pregnancy for secondary 2 and 3.
By using this game in the classroom, you will help your students understand
- key issues surrounding STBBIs;
- many myths about STBBIs;
- steps to be taken if they have engaged in risky sexual behaviours;
- preventive strategies to adopt;
- attitudes to adopt and avoid;
- available resources for youth in Québec;