Every weather forecast service presents barometric pressure referred to mean sea level, but if you (and your device) are not at sea level?
Well, this App locates your position, identifies the altitude of your location and so it corrects the measured pressure to refer it to mean sea level.
- shows the pressure in different barometric units (hPa, mbar, mmHg, inHg)
- keeps history of measures and gives the pressure trends
- gives short time weather forecasts based on barometric pressure and pressure trend
In order to obtain valid weather forecasts, the user is encouraged to launch the App every day (better even often), to permit pressure trend evaluation.
Accurate Barometer is intended for devices with integrated pressure sensor.
- Last Fix :
Android 5.0 fixed
-- ABOUT --
This is a free app with little advertise on the bottom of the screen.
If you don't like the advertisement, Pro version doesn't have ads and doesn't check ad blocker.
I have to thank those who have helped me in translations and made suggestions on new features and / or bug reports.
- Thanks to Cristiano D. for Spanish translation.
- Thanks to Jiří Sedláček for Czech translation and fine report on some improvements .
- Thanks to T. Dygacz for Polish translation.
- Thanks to Tamás Peczöli for Hungarien translation
- Thanks to rootik for Ukrainian translation.
If you are intrested to collaborate at translation you can follow this link http://www.getlocalization.com/OSB/
-- Disclaimer --
This app is not FAA approved and should not be used for navigation. All information is presented for reference only. You assume total responsibility and risk associated with this application.
- Wait at least 48 hours before blue bar graph is complete.
- Click on "ALT" button for view relative and absolute altitude.
- Blue bar graph show variation of atmospheric pressure in the time.
- You can see the last 24/48 hours.
- Refresh time is about 1 hour for prevent battery drain.
- Refresh operation is very fast and optimized for minimal load
- Moon/Sun phase set/rise and direction
- Barometer needle is draggable (for initial forecast setup)
- QNH/QFE function (mbar only)
- LCD contrast/backlight
- Language customization
- Temperature & Humidity (live for some device, such as Galaxy S4)
- Autosetup wizard
- Translation for : German, Spanish, French, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Czech, Polish, Hungarien .
If you want this apps on your native language, please send me email to email@example.com
Feel free to send me feedback or request new features.
Build & Tested on Samsung Galaxy S3
-- MOTOROLA XOOM 2 ME USERS NOTE --
Only Motorola Xoom 2 ME users report general failure. I don't have this device, so I can't understand and solve this issue. On emulator work fine like other tested device. If someone can send me brief description of issue or screenshot I can try to find solution. Thanks.
- Barometer, Altimeter and Hygrometer
- Fully customizable (Now you can change colors of almost everything)
- Widget with trends
- DashClock support
- Uses built-in sensors
- Multiple units supported (Pressure - hPa, mmHg. inHg, mbar, atm. Altitude - meters, feet)
- Internet connection is required only for providing better accuracy of the altimeter (but only downloads data when you want to - there is no background data usage)
- Data exporting to a .csv file (supported by MS Excel etc.)
- NO ADS
Some usage tips:
- QNH can be changed using volume buttons (short click, long click)
- Go to altimeter settings, locate and set nearest airport. It provides more accuracy of the altimeter.
- DashClock users – DC refreshes itself about once an hour. After installing the Barometer app, enabling pressure tracking and adding barometer to a DC widget, please wait a while(up to an hour) until it starts displaying correct pressure (instead of ‘000’). Pressure tracking service of the Barometer app does not start immediately. It is synced with other services running on Your device to preserve battery.
- Widgets (normal, not DashClock Extension) refresh with a frequency set by Pressure Tracking Interval (in app settings). It is possible to refresh widgets manually without enabled pressure tracking option (but without displaying trends). To do so, please set widget click action to 'Refresh widget'.
- If you want to have a fully transparent widget background - slide the opacity bar to the far left (it doesn't matter what color it is)
- If you calibrate your barometer to show reduced pressure - disable the 'Use barometer calibration' option in Altimeter Settings.
Supported languages – English, Polish, Dutch Spanish and Germn. If you want to add more translations – please feel free to contact me.
For those who don't see this app in GooglePlay on their devices(CM users - I'm talking to you). Please contact me via email.
The application periodically checks the pressure values using the barometer sensor on your device.
You can also use the widget to monitor hourly variations of atmospheric pressure.
v1.4: new custom settings, cleaned up the UI
v1.3: graphic improvements, bugfixes
v1.2: added inHg measure unit, bugfixing
v1.1 export pressure values via email as CSV file
Most Android devices still do not have a barometer, ambient thermometer, or hygrometer. See the (probably incomplete) COMPATIBILITY list below for devices that this app is useful with.
For those who desire more, consider donating by purchasing Weather Station Pro. PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE FREE VERSION OF WEATHER STATION FIRST to make sure your device has the sensors for the types of readings you want.
***IF UPGRADING FROM v18.104.22.168 OR LOWER TO v2.0.0 OR HIGHER YOU WILL HAVE TO UNINSTALL THE OLD VERSION AND REBOOT FIRST. A "-24" error code appears during update. This error doesn't affect the app and only appears when you try to update. It is recommended you uninstall the old version of the app and reboot your device before reinstalling. If you don't want to update you can disable auto updates for the app in Google Play.
• No ads
• Depending on device, supports: Ambient Temperature, Pressure, Relative Humidity, Absolute Humidity, Dew Point, Mixing Ratio, Heat Index, Illuminance, |Magnetic Field|, and Barometric, GPS, & Density Altitude
• Graphs with details including 24 hour and 7 day hi & lo markers
• Pro only: 14 day graphing
• Pro only: 14 day hi & lo markers on graphs also
• Pro only: Multi-Series graphing able to graph any number of (normalized) reading types
• Pro only: Ongoing Status Bar Notification (ideal for Temperature but can be used for any of the reading types in the range of -20 to 120)
• Pro only: Sunrise/Set info
• Pro only: Moon info
• Notification alerts
• Records set by your device
• Share screenshots
• Printing support (Android KitKat+)
• Unit choices for temperature/dew point/heat index (°F, °C, K), pressure (mb, inHg, kPa, atm, Torr, psi, hPa, mmHg), absolute humidity (g/m³, kg/m³), mixing ratio (g/kg, kg/kg), and elevation/altitude (ft, m)
• Pressure can be adjusted to mean sea level using the Altimeter Setting
• Use GPS provided elevation/altitude for pressure adjustments
• 5 widget types (4x1, 1x4, and 3 1x1) with 3 style choices (on Android 4.2+ these widgets are also available for the lock screen)
• Widgets are highly customizable including text color and size
• Pro only: Full size widget with icons
• Pro only: Widgets have several color theme choices
• Pro only: Light and dark application themes
• Indicators for rising/falling/steady readings
• 24 hour hi & lo readings on main screen
• Calibration of raw values output by sensors
• Pro only: Experimental battery temperature based calibration for offsetting inaccurate ambient temperature and relative humidity readings
• Export background readings to .txt files
• Pro only: Unlimited Auto Logging of background readings with geo coordinates to .txt files
• Localized numbers and dates & times
• Pro only: Settings and data from Weather Station v2.0.0 or higher can be transferred to Pro on first start
The 'About' section in the app has much more detail on how Weather Station works.
Devices with a hygrometer, thermometer, and barometer:
Note 3 (III)
Devices with only a barometer:
Note 2 (II)
RAZR MAXX HD
XYBOARD 8.2 & 10.1
XOOM 1 & 2
HTC One (M8)
*Precise location... for GPS elevation/altitude; Moon and Sun info and Auto Logging of coordinates
*Modify/delete/read USB/SD card storage contents... for exporting/logging background readings to .txt files; screenshots
*Prevent device from sleeping... for background readings and battery temperature based calibration services; the screen wake lock troubleshooting setting
*Run at startup... to restart background readings and the ongoing status bar notification after a reboot
*Control vibration... on a notification alert
For those who want to know everything about the weather conditions and alerts both for today and the next 10 days, the past 365 days, hurricanes, tornadoes, hurricanes, earthquakes, geomagnetic storms.
eWeather HD has twenty original widgets of the weather, radar, earthquakes, alerts, moon phase, barometer, geomagnetic index, UV index, rain and snow amount etc.
Annual archives of air temperature and sea for any city in the world allows you to choose the good time and place for the travel. You can compare the weather in the current year with the weather in the last year. Also you can always have your own opinion about the statements that has never was so cold, hot, wet, dry.
• Two world-renowned weather providers: Foreca and US weather provider,
• Hi-Def, Real-Time animated NOAA (NEXRAD) Radar on Google maps (USA only),
• Hurricane tracking,
• 365 days weather archive,
• Solstice, Equinox, Polar night, Polar day, Solar eclipse, Lunar eclipse
• Sea surface temperature on weather map, widgets, noification area,
• Barometer with headache indicator,
• Beautiful animation,
• Cloud satellite layer on map (USA, Europe, Japan and Australia),
• 130,000 locations all over the world,
• Twenty original widgets of the weather, radar, time, moon phase, barometer, geomagnetic index, and UV index (1x1, 2x1, 2x2, 1x4, 4x1, 4x2, 3x3, 4x4, 5x2, 5x5 etc),
• Widgets for lockscreen was added (only for Android 4.2)
• 126 weather alert categories.
• Radar widget on OpenStreetMap (for USA only),
• Ten day forecast,
• Ten notification indicators in the status bar: temperature, moon phase, earthquakes, alerts, barometer etc,
• Earthquakes widget on OpenStreetMap,
• Weather Alerts (Advisory, Watch, or Warning) from NOAA (National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration);
• Black ice and freeze warnings,
• One-hundred latest earthquakes in the world on Google map,
• Pressure forecast graph (Foreca only),
• Moon phase, moon rise and moon set times,
• Sunrise and sunset times,
• Duration of the day,
• World map with weather alerts, weather, earthquakes and local time.
• Geomagnetic storm forecast,
• Wind speed and directionality indicators in both 10-day and hour-by-hour forecasts (except Foreca),
• 24 hour by hour forecast,
• Current weather conditions,
• 15 KBytes of internet traffic per city for each weather update only,
• World clock,
• METAR from weather station (except Foreca),
• UV index,
• Visibility on the roads,
• Dew point hour by hour graph;
• Precipitation probability,
• Precipitation amount: rainfall and new snowfall amount,
• Follow by location (uses GPS or Cell Network location determination),
• Full tablet support,
• Share forecast, alerts, earthquakes by e-mail and SMS
• Alarm clock time on clock dial and graph
• Has a built-in barometer. A diagram is displayed which shows the atmospheric pressure changes for the past 24 hours. A red warning display is produced when the barometer detects changes more than 0.2 inhg.
• Provides information on the last 100 earthquakes from all over the world. View the latest earthquakes in a list or on a map. Provides information regarding magnitude, time and distance. You can filter earthquakes by their magnitude and distance from your location
The most unique feature in this application is the “Weather Clock”. It provides all of the previous information in an hour-by-hour clock format and is very interactive.
Payment is one time, no ads, no any in-app payment, free updates.
If you have ANY questions, there is an FAQ section that takes you directly to the website. If your question is specific to your customized set up, customer service is courteous, knowledgeable, willing and able to help with fast turn around time.
Discover the first Personal Weather Station made for Android phones and its App!
A Netatmo Weather Station is required. Find out more about the Netatmo Weather Station at www.netatmo.com.
Become a contributor and be part of this unique Personal Weather Station network: measure locally with your Netatmo Weather Station, monitor directly from your phone with the Netatmo app!
-Access your station’s measurements (temperature, humidity, barometer, felt-like temperature, CO2 and air quality) directly from your phone.
-Intuitive and easy navigation! Swipe between outdoor measurements and indoor measurements in one easy gesture.
EVENTS AND NOTIFICATIONS:
-Notifications for peak and variation events (CO2 concentration, extreme temperatures, low and high pressures…).
-Automatically logs events in your personal timeline.
-7 days of forecast, available at your exact Netatmo Weather Station location!
Free Barometer with widget, color and transparency setting for you!
You can choose units mBar, hPa, inHg and mmHg.
Attention! Programm works only in pda with pressure sensor: Samsung Galaxy Note and Note2, Samsung Galaxy S3 (SGS3) , Galaxy Nexus, Motorola Xoom and Sony Ericsson Active, Xiaomi Phone 2.
Languages: English, Russian, Deutsch, France.
If you want this program on your native language, and ready to translate some strings - please write me on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Gorgeous and realistic animations of weather conditions
- See at a glance the next weather condition change
- Updated continuously
- Accurate hourly forecasts for the next 10 days
- Fast, beautiful and simple to use
- Detailed forecasts on rain, ice, snow, fog, wind, storm, dew point, UV index, humidity, pressure
- Highest and lowest historical values
- Satellite and radar map animations
- Optimized for both phones and tablets
- Live Wallpaper
- Weather in notification area and temperature in status bar
- Great widget for your home screen
And it’s all free.
Try it now !
Cities: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Houston, Philadelphia, Phoenix, San Antonio, San Diego, Dallas, San Jose, Austin and all the others!
- Simple, intuitive interface for the basic weather parameters: air temperature, pressure, relative humidity and general weather outlook;
- Manual marker to follow the pressure changes;
- Timely updates;
- Global coverage.
With DigiStation you simply get the significant weather information right when you need it!
Attention! This is a home screen widget - to use it, after installing the application, long-press on a free area of your home screen and select from the menu the entry that allows you to add a widget. Choose either of the two DigiStation versions: normal or large. Then select your preferred location, language and units.
Plus altimeter tool.
- Shows two graph at separate window: by hours and by days
- Shows current atmosphere pressure
- Setting of all colors and transparency.
- Set corrections value, sensor query times, wide of ranges, normal pressure, and many other settings
- Shows atmospheric pressure in mmHg, mBar, lbHg, hPa and PSI
- Widget 1*1, 2*2, 2*1, 3*1
- Collect and shows statistic on widget
- Altimeter, set base altitude and height and measure height
Optimization for android 4.0 (ICS).
To use Altimeter - First click on indicator - ON, next OFF the altimeter mode. Long tap on indicator - set the base value of pressure and altitude. To set base value go to Settings -> Common settings. You cat measure up to
10000m (teoretically I can't test it) - I use correct formula.
Attention! Works only in pda with pressure sensor: Samsung Galaxy Note, Samsung Galaxy S3 (SGS3) , Galaxy Nexus, Motorola Xoom, Xiaomi Phone 2 and Sony Ericsson Active.
Languages: English, Russian, Deutsch, France, Polski.
If you want this program on your native language, and ready to translate some strings - please write me on email@example.com.
Description and how to setup it http://ivolk2.narod.ru/barometer-en.htm
✓ Readout for all the sensors on your device (think Tricorder - but real!)
✓ Widgets for temperature, magnetic, light, humidity and pressure sensors (if you have them)
✓ Save all data to CSV - play with it however you like
✓ Map of readings of other users and of your own, see averages within each map window, click on icons to see full readout
✓ Manual reports
✓ Tons of graphs (for geeks like us :))
✓ Contribute to our maps (you can turn off sharing in settings)
✓ Share data to help us improve the weather forecast
✓ Looks great on tablets
Turn your device into a thermometer, barometer, lightmeter and hygrometer - depending on which sensors your device has - with this app your phone is a mobile science kit!
What if my phone doesn't have many sensors?
We've teamed up with Hex3.co to provide support for their StormTag and StormTag+. These bring pressure, temperature, humidity & UV sensors into a package that attaches to your keyring, never needs charging and sends data via Bluetooth LE. Get one now - from $20 on Kickstarter :) http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jonatherton/stormtag-a-bluetooth-weather-station-on-your-keyri
Get the beta:
By using WeatherSignal you become part of the world's most ambitious weather crowdsourcing project – helping to record weather patterns on a more localised level than ever before. We are working with numerous meteorological institutions, including the Univ. of Washington, Birmingham Univ. and the UK Met Office. Your readings help us improve weather forecasting for everyone!
Featured in the New Scientist and Scientific American! http://bit.ly/1aFY3Ls
*Thermometer readings are experimental!*
*** This app is experimental! Individual TEMPERATURE readings may be incorrect, but when averaged over many users we get reliable information for our community powered maps. ***
The app works best on the Galaxy S4 since it has the most sensors. Get a StormTag to add sensors to your phone.
The WeatherSignal app can measure:
✓ Pressure (certain devices only)
✓ Temperature (see note)
✓ Light Intensity
✓ Humidity (Galaxy S4 only)
✓ Magnetic Flux
✓ Acceleration (turn on in application settings)
This app features Google's Activity Recognition: monitor when you're walking, in vehicle, on a bicycle. Save the results to CSV and perform your own analysis/create maps, for example for quantified self.
*** TEMPERATURE ***
We’ve come up with an algorithm that translates battery temperature into ambient temperature – making your phone a thermometer. For each user this is approximate but there is a very strong correlation between battery and ambient temperature when spread over a crowd of users. If you are using a cell phone without an external thermometer then the temperature reading you’ll see is a battery temperature reading converted through our algorithm. Often the algorithm will get it wrong, but we've shown that with appropriate averaging and filtering, these readings correlate extremely well with external ambient air temperature.
The Galaxy S4, which has an ambient air temperature thermometer, may produce incorrect readings if the phone is hot due to use.
*** PRESSURE ****
Devices that contain barometers include:
Galaxy S3, S4, Note (1,2,3)
RAZR MAXX HD
millibars/hPa inches of mercury aka Hg or inches H
centigrade/celsius and Fahrenheit
(4) hygrometer (relative humidity)
(6) magnetic field meter
(7) gravity meter
(8) accelerometer (straight line motion)
(10) proximity meter
This app reads the values of various sensors that are built-in smartphone, tablet.
- If the sensor is not equipped with the smartphone, "no sensor" display appears.
※ 熱中症予防の目安となる｢熱中症危険度｣は､厚生労働省が熱中症予防対策に活用している｢暑さ指数(WBGT値)｣を参考に ｢ﾄﾞｺﾓ環境ｾﾝｻｰﾈｯﾄﾜｰｸ｣ｼｽﾃﾑで収集した気温､湿度情報をｵﾘｼﾞﾅﾙの指数として算出したｳｪｻﾞｰ･ｻｰﾋﾞｽ㈱の独自指数です｡
Forecast data provided by Foreca Ltd.
80000 locations all over the world.
Current conditions, 24-hour (with an interval of 1 hour) and 10-day (with an interval of 3 hours) forecasts.
Forecast Charts: barometric pressure, temperature, probability of precipitation, precipitation, wind, humidity.
3 beautiful home screen widgets.
Possibility to configure widget without removing it.
Location slideshow on widget (OS 2.1 and later).
Automatically tracking current location using GPS.
Temperature at the status bar.
Flexible auto update preferences.
Option to not waking up device for weather update while it is asleep.
Application is ads supported.
Currently the app supports English and Russian languages.
- Digital Clock
- Current weather conditions
- In widget animated weather icons
- Weather data received from global Meteorological broadcast services and more than 40 000 weather stations
- Celsius / Fahrenheit weather units
- Automatically detection of location
- Manual setting of the widget location
- Manual or automatic wether update
- Re-sizable widget
- Transparent background
- Universal app made for tablets and phones! No need to purchase again
- Hot spots for alarm clock, weather refresh and widget configuration
- build only for ICS (built on sdk 17)
- multiple weather providers OW and YR.NO (is the joint online weather service from the Norwegian Meteorological Institute and the Norwegian Broadcasting Corporation)
- 7 days forecast
- hourly forecast
These are required for getting your local weather using location services.
For suggestions or bugs please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you want to translate the application to your language please contact us at: email@example.com
We plan on significantly expanding the collection of doodles by accepting more from different artists. We will also make DoodleCam much smarter so that it can cleverly add doodles where they fit best.
Currently, the app works best in daytime and when taking pictures that include the sky.
We're planning on building a community at http://doodlec.am to showcase user photos as well as our doodle collection. Please send us your suggestions, ideas and comments as DoodleCam Beta is under active development and we want to hear what you have to say.
- Down-to-the-second precision on countdowns
- Down-to-the-minute precision on widgets
- Notification on countdown completion
- Unlimited widgets
- Variable widget update frequency
Features to Come
- List ordering
- Customized event backgrounds
- Sound and vibration alerts on countdown completion
- Resizeable widget
- Repeatable events
- Suggest more features!