eWeather HD is the most informative Android application about your environment: Current weather and weather forecasts from different weather providers, NOAA weather alerts, latest earthquakes, live radar, geomagnetic storm forecast, pressure change indicator, wind and moon and sun calendar, METAR.
The NOAA Doppler Radar shows tornado, rain, snow, and hail clouds movement on Google Maps around your location in real time with higher resolution images than any other app for Android ( USA only).
• Hi-Def, Real-Time animated NOAA (NEXRAD) Radar on Google maps (USA only),
• Cloud satellite layer on map (USA, Europe, Japan and Australia),
• Two world-renowned weather providers: Foreca and US weather provider,
• 130,000 locations all over the world,
• Twenty original widgets of the weather, radar, time, moon phase, barometer, geomagnetic index, and UV index (1x1, 2x1, 2x2, 1x4, 4x1, 4x2, 3x3, 4x4, 5x2, 5x5 etc),
• Widgets for lockscreen was added (only for Android 4.2)
• 126 weather alert categories.
• Radar widget on OpenStreetMap (for USA only),
• Sea surface temperature on weather map, widgets, noification area,
• Ten day forecast,
• Ten notification indicators in the status bar: temperature, moon phase, earthquakes, alerts, barometer etc,
• Earthquakes widget on OpenStreetMap,
• Weather Alerts (Advisory, Watch, or Warning) from NOAA (National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration) for USA,
• Black ice and freeze warnings,
• One-hundred latest earthquakes in the world on Google map,
• Barometer with headache indicator,
• Pressure forecast graph (Foreca only),
• Moon phase, moon rise and moon set times,
• Sunrise and sunset times,
• Duration of the day,
• World map with weather alerts, weather, earthquakes and local time.
• Geomagnetic storm forecast,
• Wind speed and directionality indicators in both 10-day and hour-by-hour forecasts (except Foreca),
• 24 hour by hour forecast,
• Current weather conditions,
• Only uses 10 KBytes of internet traffic per city for each weather update,
• World clock,
• METAR from weather station (except Foreca),
• UV index,
• Precipitation probability,
• Precipitation amount: rainfall and new snowfall amount,
• Follow by location (uses GPS or Cell Network location determination),
• Full tablet support,
• Send weather forecast, weather alerts, Earthquakes by e-mail
• Is an easy to use, handy assistant for staying informed about changing weather conditions,
• Has a built-in barometer. A diagram is displayed which shows the atmospheric pressure changes for the past 24 hours. A red warning display is produced when the barometer detects changes more than 0.2 inhg.
• Provides information on the last 100 earthquakes from all over the world. View the latest earthquakes in a list or on a map. Provides information regarding magnitude, time and distance. You can filter earthquakes by their magnitude and distance from your location
The most unique feature in this application is the “Weather Clock”. It provides all of the previous information in an hour-by-hour clock format and is very interactive, informative and fun to use. Check it out!
eWeather HD is recommended for those who are interested in weather, astronomy, aviation, hunting, fishing, travel, own or work on a farm or ranch, a private or vacation home, or work or play in a weather-sensitive environment or industry... the list goes on and on!
Payment is one time, no ads, no any in-app payment, free updates.
-- ABOUT --
This is a free app with little advertise on the bottom of the screen.
If you don't like the advertisement, Pro version doesn't have ads and doesn't check ad blocker.
I have to thank those who have helped me in translations and made suggestions on new features and / or bug reports.
- Thanks to Cristiano D. for Spanish translation.
- Thanks to Jiří Sedláček for Czech translation and fine report on some improvements .
- Thanks to T. Dygacz for Polish translation.
- Thanks to Tamás Peczöli for Hungarien translation
- Thanks to rootik for Ukrainian translation.
If you are intrested to collaborate at translation you can follow this link http://www.getlocalization.com/OSB/
-- Disclaimer --
This app is not FAA approved and should not be used for navigation. All information is presented for reference only. You assume total responsibility and risk associated with this application.
- Wait at least 48 hours before blue bar graph is complete.
- Click on "ALT" button for view relative and absolute altitude.
- Blue bar graph show variation of atmospheric pressure in the time.
- You can see the last 24/48 hours.
- Refresh time is about 1 hour for prevent battery drain.
- Refresh operation is very fast and optimized for minimal load
- Moon/Sun phase set/rise and direction
- Barometer needle is draggable (for initial forecast setup)
- QNH/QFE function (mbar only)
- LCD contrast/backlight
- Language customization
- Temperature & Humidity (live for some device, such as Galaxy S4)
- Autosetup wizard
- Translation for : German, Spanish, French, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Czech, Polish, Hungarien .
If you want this apps on your native language, please send me email to email@example.com
Feel free to send me feedback or request new features.
Build & Tested on Samsung Galaxy S3
-- MOTOROLA XOOM 2 ME USERS NOTE --
Only Motorola Xoom 2 ME users report general failure. I don't have this device, so I can't understand and solve this issue. On emulator work fine like other tested device. If someone can send me brief description of issue or screenshot I can try to find solution. Thanks.
Most Android devices still do not have a barometer, ambient thermometer, or hygrometer. See the (probably incomplete) COMPATIBILITY list below for devices that this app is useful with.
For those who desire more, consider donating by purchasing Weather Station Pro. PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE FREE VERSION OF WEATHER STATION FIRST to make sure your device has the sensors for the types of readings you want.
***IF UPGRADING FROM v18.104.22.168 OR LOWER TO v2.0.0 OR HIGHER YOU WILL HAVE TO UNINSTALL THE OLD VERSION AND REBOOT FIRST. A "-24" error code appears during update. This error doesn't affect the app and only appears when you try to update. It is recommended you uninstall the old version of the app and reboot your device before reinstalling. If you don't want to update you can disable auto updates for the app in Google Play.
• No ads
• Depending on device, supports: Ambient Temperature, Pressure, Relative Humidity, Absolute Humidity, Dew Point, Mixing Ratio, Heat Index, Illuminance, |Magnetic Field|, and Barometric, GPS, & Density Altitude
• Graphs with details including 24 hour and 7 day hi & lo markers
• Pro only: 14 day graphing
• Pro only: 14 day hi & lo markers on graphs also
• Pro only: Multi-Series graphing able to graph any number of (normalized) reading types
• Pro only: Ongoing Status Bar Notification (ideal for Temperature but can be used for any of the reading types in the range of -20 to 120)
• Pro only: Sunrise/Set info
• Pro only: Moon info
• Notification alerts
• Records set by your device
• Share screenshots
• Printing support (Android KitKat+)
• Unit choices for temperature/dew point/heat index (°F, °C, K), pressure (mb, inHg, kPa, atm, Torr, psi, hPa, mmHg), absolute humidity (g/m³, kg/m³), mixing ratio (g/kg, kg/kg), and elevation/altitude (ft, m)
• Pressure can be adjusted to mean sea level using the Altimeter Setting
• Use GPS provided elevation/altitude for pressure adjustments
• 5 widget types (4x1, 1x4, and 3 1x1) with 3 style choices (on Android 4.2+ these widgets are also available for the lock screen)
• Widgets are highly customizable including text color and size
• Pro only: Full size widget with icons
• Pro only: Widgets have several color theme choices
• Pro only: Light and dark application themes
• Indicators for rising/falling/steady readings
• 24 hour hi & lo readings on main screen
• Calibration of raw values output by sensors
• Pro only: Experimental battery temperature based calibration for offsetting inaccurate ambient temperature and relative humidity readings
• Export background readings to .txt files
• Pro only: Unlimited Auto Logging of background readings with geo coordinates to .txt files
• Localized numbers and dates & times
• Pro only: Settings and data from Weather Station v2.0.0 or higher can be transferred to Pro on first start
The 'About' section in the app has much more detail on how Weather Station works.
Devices with a hygrometer, thermometer, and barometer:
Note 3 (III)
Devices with only a barometer:
Note 2 (II)
RAZR MAXX HD
XYBOARD 8.2 & 10.1
XOOM 1 & 2
*Precise location... for GPS elevation/altitude; Moon and Sun info and Auto Logging of coordinates
*Modify/delete/read USB/SD card storage contents... for exporting/logging background readings to .txt files; screenshots
*Prevent device from sleeping... for background readings and battery temperature based calibration services; the screen wake lock troubleshooting setting
*Run at startup... to restart background readings and the ongoing status bar notification after a reboot
*Control vibration... on a notification alert
Turn your device into a thermometer, barometer, lightmeter and hygrometer - depending on which sensors your device has - with this app your phone is a tricorder & mobile science kit!
By using WeatherSignal you become part of the most ambitious weather crowdsourcing project in the world – helping to record weather patterns on a more localised level than ever before. We are working with numerous meteorological institutions, including the University of Washington, Birmingham University and the UK Met Office. Your readings help us improve weather forecasting for everyone!
Featured in the New Scientist and Scientific American! http://bit.ly/1aFY3Ls
This app is 100% ad-free :)
*Thermometer readings are experimental!*
✓ Readout for all the sensors on your device (think Tricorder - but real!)
✓ Widgets for temperature, magnetic, light, humidity and pressure sensors (if you have them)
✓ Save all data to CSV - play with it however you like
✓ Map of readings of other users and of your own, see averages within each map window, click on icons to see full readout
✓ Manual reports
✓ Tons of graphs (for geeks like us :))
✓ Contribute to our maps (you can turn off sharing in settings)
✓ Share data to help us improve the weather forecast
✓ Looks great on tablets
*** This app is experimental! Readings from sensors may be faulty, we are developing ways of filtering and correcting this. In particular, individual TEMPERATURE readings may be incorrect, but when averaged over many users we get reliable information for our community powered maps. ***
WeatherSignal is designed to help you make use of your phone’s sensors. What the app shows depends on what model of phone you have and how many sensors it has. The app works best on the Galaxy S4 (as that phone has the most sensors) but has functionality on most Android devices
The WeatherSignal app can measure:
✓ Pressure (certain devices only)
✓ Temperature (see note)
✓ Light Intensity
✓ Humidity (Galaxy S4 only)
✓ Magnetic Flux
✓ Acceleration (turn on in application settings)
You can see graphs and maps of all these values live or over time.
This app is also one of the first to feature Google's Activity Recognition: monitor when you're walking, in vehicle, on a bicycle. You can save the results to CSV and perform your own analysis/create maps, for example for quantified self tracking
*** NOTE ON TEMPERATURE READINGS ***
We’ve come up with an algorithm that translates battery temperature into ambient temperature – making your phone a thermometer. For each user this can sometimes be a bit approximate but we've discovered that there is a very strong correlation between battery and ambient temperature when spread over a crowd of users. If you are using a cell phone without an external thermometer then the temperature reading you’ll see is a battery temperature reading converted through our algorithm. Often the algorithm will get it wrong, but we've shown that with appropriate averaging and filtering, these readings correlate extremely well with external ambient air temperature.
The Galaxy S4, which has an ambient air temperature thermometer, may produce incorrect readings - if the phone is hot (perhaps because it's been in your pocket or has been charging or intensively used) then the readings will be higher than air temperature.
*** PRESSURE ****
Devices that contain barometers include:
Galaxy S3, S4, Note (1,2,3)
RAZR MAXX HD
millibars/hPa inches of mercury aka "Hg or inches H
centigrade/celsius and Fahrenheit
You might also be searching for: luxmeter, lightmeter, light meter, magnetometer, barometer, hygrometer, accelerometer, thermometer ... if your phone has it, WeatherSignal reads it, graphs it, maps it, saves it.
(weather signal, opensignal, open signal)
Free Barometer with widget, color and transparency setting for you!
You can choose units mBar, hPa, inHg and mmHg.
Attention! Programm works only in pda with pressure sensor: Samsung Galaxy Note and Note2, Samsung Galaxy S3 (SGS3) , Galaxy Nexus, Motorola Xoom and Sony Ericsson Active, Xiaomi Phone 2.
Languages: English, Russian, Deutsch, France.
If you want this program on your native language, and ready to translate some strings - please write me on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Display air pressure
- Display altitude
- Units metric / imperial
- Set reference altitude
- Set calibration value for the internal pressure sensor
- Set display color
Your device must be equipped with an air pressure sensor, otherwise the App does not work.
Since the barometric pressure varies with the position and weather, the reference altitude must set periodically.
If you have any suggestions please send them to email@example.com
See if the weather forecasts from weather stations are true with Thermo! A first of its kind Android app that lets you measure temperature and humidity readings. No more having to rely on online weather reports or even the news. Use Thermo and turn your phone into a thermometer.
This application relies on thermometer/ambient temperature sensor present on your device. Please check the manual and ensure your device is equipped with a thermometer before purchasing it.
Thermo works on any device that has an inbuilt thermometer. Simply download the app and install it to convert your phone into a temperature sensor device. Measure temperature in Fahrenheit or Celcius at any point of time and across time intervals. You can also add a description to each reading, which can later be used for filtering the readings. You can also monitor the temperature over a period of time and log various readings under a heading, allowing you to track changes in the temperature. The app also lets you view the log in a graphical manner. The graph, combined with filtering, offers a powerful tool for tracking temperature changes.
Thermo for Galaxy S4 reads and reports ambient humidity as well. It uses Galaxy S4 inbuilt humid sensor to measure humidity.
And once you’ve done that you can share your location and your reading instantly on to your favourite social network, Facebook. Your post would be geo-tagged as well!
The app also has a calibration option that can be customized by you for your phone. You can offset any errors in temperature reading due the sensor inaccuracy, influence of heated battery or phone case you may be using.
What’s more there’s a home screen widget that lets you quickly view the current room temperature. This widget has been developed efficiently to consume the least amount of battery possible. You have an option to automatically add log from widget. Please set a log title in the settings screen to enable this feature. Latest version of the app can display the temperature reading on the notification tray.
Currently, Thermo supports English, German, Spanish, French, Italian, Russian, Norwegian, Arabic, Korean, Chinese and Japaneese.
Samsung Galaxy S4 is the first mobile phone to provide an ambient temperature sensor. And Thermo is one of the world's first temperature apps.
Samsung Galaxy S 4 ( sgs4 or gs4 )
The reading displayed may not be accurate and hence we do not recommend it for medical purposes.
IMPORTANT NOTE: This app requires a device with a built-in temperature/humidity sensor (e.g. Samsung GALAXY S4 or Samsung GALAXY Note 3)
- Barometer, Altimeter and Hygrometer (BETA)
- Fully customizable (Now you can change colors of almost everything)
- Widget with trends
- DashClock support
- Uses built-in sensors
- Multiple units supported (Pressure - hPa, mmHg. inHg, mbar, atm. Altitude - meters, feet)
- Internet connection is required only for providing better accuracy of the altimeter (but only downloads data when you want to - there is no background data usage)
- Data exporting to a .csv file (supported by MS Excel etc.)
- NO ADS
Nexus 5 users - there is a hardware or firmware bug in Nexus 5 (https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=62938). Until it is fixed I strongly recommend not to use pressure tracking as it will make other sensors hang and the app will also show some random values.
Some usage tips:
- QNH can be changed using volume buttons (short click, long click)
- http://www.mapping.com/airportcodes.shtml - visit this site to find your nearest airport ICAO code. It provides more accuracy of the altimeter.
- DashClock users – DC refreshes itself about once an hour. After installing the Barometer app, enabling pressure tracking and adding barometer to a DC widget, please wait a while(up to an hour) until it starts displaying correct pressure (instead of ‘000’). Pressure tracking service of the Barometer app does not start immediately. It is synced with other services running on Your device to preserve battery.
- Widgets (normal, not DashClock Extension) refresh with a frequency set by Pressure Tracking Interval (in app settings). It is possible to refresh widgets manually without enabled pressure tracking option (but without displaying trends). To do so, please set widget click action to 'Refresh widget'.
- If you want to have a fully transparent widget background - slide the opacity bar to the far left (it doesn't matter what color it is)
- If you calibrate your barometer to show reduced pressure - disable the 'Use barometer calibration' option in Altimeter Settings.
Supported languages – English, Polish, Dutch and German. If you want to add more translations – please feel free to contact me.
For those who don't see this app in GooglePlay on their devices(CM users - I'm talking to you). Please contact me via email.
Plus altimeter tool.
- Shows two graph at separate window: by hours and by days
- Shows current atmosphere pressure
- Setting of all colors and transparency.
- Set corrections value, sensor query times, wide of ranges, normal pressure, and many other settings
- Shows atmospheric pressure in mmHg, mBar, lbHg, hPa and PSI
- Widget 1*1, 2*2, 2*1, 3*1
- Collect and shows statistic on widget
- Altimeter, set base altitude and height and measure height
Optimization for android 4.0 (ICS).
To use Altimeter - First click on indicator - ON, next OFF the altimeter mode. Long tap on indicator - set the base value of pressure and altitude. To set base value go to Settings -> Common settings. You cat measure up to
10000m (teoretically I can't test it) - I use correct formula.
Attention! Works only in pda with pressure sensor: Samsung Galaxy Note, Samsung Galaxy S3 (SGS3) , Galaxy Nexus, Motorola Xoom, Xiaomi Phone 2 and Sony Ericsson Active.
Languages: English, Russian, Deutsch, France, Polski.
If you want this program on your native language, and ready to translate some strings - please write me on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Description and how to setup it http://ivolk2.narod.ru/barometer-en.htm
Thermometer Plus is an all-in-one app which can measure ambient temperature, relative humidity, pressure, altitude using the built-in sensors for your device.
Thermometer Plus can be used for most of your outdoor and indoor activities.
Current the software support only Samsung Galaxy S4 (IV) and Galaxy Note 3 (III).
With this app you can customize your thermometer from:
- 7 different thermometer housing colors,
- Black, white or blue thermometer disk background,
- 4 different app background,
- 3 different types of needle.
• Contains thermometer, barometer, hygrometer and altimeter
• Unit support for temperature (°F, °C), pressure (mb, inHg, kPa, atm, Torr, psi, hPa, mmHg), relative humidity (%RH), altitude (meter, feet)
• Calibrate values output by sensors.
• Personalization graphic in analog classic style.
- Three themes
- Transparent themes
- Interval update in setting
***Note: You should take the phone/tablet far from computer, cables and other magnet source in order to get accurate result
***During the time you use our app, we collect anonymous data and error reports in order to improve application (Google Analytics).
***Altimeter always show approximately result. Because it count from air pressure (barometer) with some equation. Even Altimeter on any airplane, so in the plane they use many method to get altitude like GPS, radar, know altitude from the Maps, etc
• Notification and warning
*** If you like this app and don't want to see ads please email me.
It was originally designed for the Samsung Galaxy S4 phone, but works on many devices!
It uses the on-board ambient temperature sensor, if present.
Also works great on the Samsung Galaxy Note 3.
Should also work great on Samsung Galaxy S5 when it comes out!
Thermometer is the most accurate application in Google Play (down to a tenth of a degree).
Since 2009, Thermometer is the ONLY application to give you the outside temperature to the nearest tenth of a degree, in line with your exact location, throughout the world and in real time.
To achieve this, Thermometer uses multiple data sources from your surrounding environment and combines them together thanks to our own unique algorithms developed on our meteorological servers.
Thermometer is NOT just another application that tells you the temperature in a nearby town, using hour-old – or even older - data...
Key characteristics of the application:
- Most accurate temperature in Google Play (down to a tenth of a degree)
- Temperature corresponding to your precise location anywhere in the world and in real time.
- Fast location identification and temperature display.
- Multiple high-quality graphical themes (HD) are available allowing you to choose the one best-suited to you.
- Temperature can be displayed in degrees Celsius or Fahrenheit.
- Available in multiple languages.
- Requires Android 1.5 or above.
- Internet connectivity is required to receive the temperature calculated on our meteorological servers.
In-App Purchase offer you numerous additional advantages:
- Temperature displayed even faster.
- All advertising fully deactivated.
- Priority access to support.
...plus you directly support our team in developing this application!
Don’t forget that if you like our application Thermometer, you can rate it and comment on how satisfied you are with other users.
You can also search for and follow us on Facebook (Mobiquite), Twitter (MobiquiteFr) and Google+ (Mobiquite).
Should you encounter any problems, please email us at the following address: email@example.com
CAUTION: If you only leave your comment on Google Play, we won’t be able to answer you directly there and therefore help you!
The READ_PHONE_STATE permission is needed by some ad networks. If you do not agree with that, you can buy the paid Thermometer app that does not asked this permission here:
The application window contains two tabs. On the first tab are an indicator that displays the current barometric pressure, buttons for scaling it, as well as some application settings. The second tab contains a graph of pressure change over time and an indicator showing the dynamics of change of pressure (growth/decline).
The main feature of the application is to display the current atmospheric pressure, as well as the direction and magnitude of pressure change in the status bar of the device. This is convenient because the pressure and trends are always before your eyes. In addition, this function can be disabled at any time.
This program will be useful to those people who are interested in the weather, enjoys fishing, loves to travel, has an active lifestyle or sensitive to changes in atmospheric pressure.
Details of the application:
• Wide range of units of atmospheric pressure (mmHg, hPa, mbar, inHg, psi, etc.);
• The range of values displayed in the status bar: 680 - 800 mm Hg (range of values displayed in the window is the range of pressure sensor installed on the device);
• Deviation of pressure: 0.1 mmHg;
• Display of pressure changes in a graph for a certain period of time (6 hours, day, week, month);
• Setting min. and max . values on the ordinate;
• Display trends and pressure change for a certain period of time (1 hour, 3 hours, 6 hours, 12 hours, 24 hours);
• Displays the current pressure and pressure change in the status bar ( can be turned off );
• Enable/disable boot an icon at system startup;
• Change the size of icons;
• Resizing the indicator for comfortable viewing on different screens;
• Ability to set indicators, icons and interface color;
• Ability to view information about the pressure sensor installed in the device (name, manufacturer, current consumption, resolution, etc.).
The application works only on devices equipped with an atmospheric pressure sensor. Currently it is the following devices:
• Samsung Galaxy S IV;
• Samsung Galaxy S III;
• Samsung Galaxy Note III;
• Samsung Galaxy Note II;
• Samsung Galaxy Note;
• Samsung Galaxy Nexus;
• Google Nexus 4;
• Google Nexus 5;
• Google Nexus 10;
• Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX HD;
• Motorola Moto X;
• Motorola XOOM 2;
• Motorola XY Board;
• Sony Xperia GO;
• Xiaomi MI 2;
• Xiaomi MI 3;
• Runbo Q5;
• Runbo X5;
• Runbo X6;
• Runbo S09;
• RugGear RG210/220;
• RugGear RG960/970;
• DNS SD01;
• Rivotek RT-550;
• Senseit P4;
• Seals TS3.
On Runbo X5 application may not work!
Dear users, if you have any problems with the operation of the application, or suggestions, please write to the developer at E-Mail or in the comments.
If you like this app, please rate it. This will help further improve the application.
If you do not have an icon appears in the status bar after the restart, follow these steps:
1. Remove the Light version, if it is installed;
2. Reinstall the full version;
3. In the application, set the appropriate checkbox and exit the program by pressing the "Back". Thereafter, the device can be restarted.
IMPORTANT NOTE: This app requires a device with a built-in temperature/humidity sensor (e.g. Samsung GALAXY S4 or Samsung GALAXY Note 3)
More from developer
We plan on significantly expanding the collection of doodles by accepting more from different artists. We will also make DoodleCam much smarter so that it can cleverly add doodles where they fit best.
Currently, the app works best in daytime and when taking pictures that include the sky.
We're planning on building a community at http://doodlec.am to showcase user photos as well as our doodle collection. Please send us your suggestions, ideas and comments as DoodleCam Beta is under active development and we want to hear what you have to say.
- Down-to-the-second precision on countdowns
- Down-to-the-minute precision on widgets
- Notification on countdown completion
- Unlimited widgets
- Variable widget update frequency
Features to Come
- List ordering
- Customized event backgrounds
- Sound and vibration alerts on countdown completion
- Resizeable widget
- Repeatable events
- Suggest more features!