Offline mode is not available in this app. The app is online only and requires an internet connection. This means the app always provides you with the most up-to-date public transport information.
Following feedback from the iPhone app and demand, PTV have now created a dedicated Android app.
What you can do
• Simple access to Journey Planner with immediate results.
• New navigation system to quickly access features via a sliding menu.
• Easy to save, access and rename your favourite stations, stops and journeys.
• Fewer touches to complete key tasks like accessing your favourites or viewing your Next 5 services.
• More opportunities to personalise the app and set your own custom preferences.
• Disruptions provide a summary of the disruption and a click through to the website if you need more information. There are also links to the operator’s social media feeds.
• Transport network maps for metropolitan train and tram, V/Line and Nightrider.
• All bus and train information shown in the PTV app is scheduled timetable information.
• Tram information shown in minutes is from tramTRACKER®, those shown in times are scheduled (timetable) services.
• Re-tap menu option to return to default options.
• Context sensitive help screens on key features.
• Improvements to the quality of data, especially by making the app online only.
• Designed for the Ice Cream Sandwich operating system (version 4.0) or higher.
• App will not work on Honeycomb operating system (version 3.0) or lower.
Get real time notification from Victoria Alert (VIC Alert).
Weather, Victoria Bush Fire, Traffic, Health, Air Quality, UV Index, Police, Park, Earthquake and Product recall Alerts all in one package for Victoria residents.
The Melbourne & Victoria Alert app is free and easy to use.
• Weather Alert provides severe weather warning and Marine warning in Victoria
• UV Index Alert provides daily UV index chart for Major cities in Victoria and UV index scale
• Public Transport Alert shows the public transport Victoria's live travel updates including trains, trams, bus and Vline services.
• Tram Tracker (Tramtracker) and Tram Service Updates enable you to track your tram and get ready for next tram while providing in-time service change notification.
• Live Traffic Alert shows the current road traffic in Victoria such as road maintenance and road construction
• Fire Incident Map shows the location of all fire incidents in Melbourne and Victoria. Click menu to show the list view. (bushfire, similar to Fireready)
• Victorian Bushfires Warning Advice provides all fire warning and advice notification in Melbourne and Victoria with detailed safety information. (bushfire)
• Victorian Bushfires and Fire Warning Advice provides a link to ABC news so you can see the large font version of warning and advice.Prepare for Bushfire Black,Australian Bushfire and 2009 Bushfires
• Emergency Service Message provides all notification from Victoria Emergency Department
• Recent Earthquakes shows all earthquakes in Australia in last 7 days with magnitude information.
• Park Alert provides Parks Victoria News such as park fire and closure.
• Police Alert gives you current Victoria Police News including crime assistance
• Health Alert provides updated health alerts from Department of Health (such as Ebola virus disease (EVD) in west Africa
• Yarra Watch, Beach report and Yarra & Bay Alert provide water safety info for swimmer and surfer
• Notices to Mariners (Port of Melbourne)
• Consumer affairs Alerts and Public warnings.
• Detailed Total fire ban & fire danger ratings
• V/line Service updates
• CPR Quick Guide
• National relay service
• Product Recall Alert shows all recent recall products with photo and seller information (such as Woolworths and Kmart Australia) to help you identify potential health threat.
• Current Air quality provide hourly updated EPA air quality in Melbourne and Victoria. You can also select date and time to find out historical air quality information
• Emergency Preparation provides a lot of Victoria safety information such as Fire safer place, Bushfire plan and Emergency Tool Kit. You can download these files and check them in the Downloads in Tools section.
• Switch Theme provide 3 themes including large font for easy access.
• In the Setting section, you can customise your sync setting, Display & Presentation setting, Message store setting and Notifications setting.
• This app also provides Widgets function. 4X1 and 4X2 widgets are available for you to choose from.
• Finally, don't forget to like and rate me in the Google Play.
1. Try to use the widget function. You can choose which category you want to read.
2. Use search function to locate your regional alert
3. Change sync, message store, notification setting to fit your preference.
4. Warning! The app could consume up to 1GB data in one month if use map function frequently. However, normal use (with setting background sync every 12 hours and sync image only in Wifi ) consumes much less data.
Vancouver Island Exploration Guide is the island’s most complete app guide out there. And it keeps getting bigger. Download it and you get free updates for life. Here’s what else:
•130 entries & 742 colour photos
•Photo slideshows to help you decide where to go
•All-new insider hints, tips and descriptions from an islander
•Google maps with directions and pushpins for each entry
•GPS tracking so you know what’s nearby
•50+ FREE attractions and activities
•One-click website links and phone calls
•Offline content you can access anywhere
•Entries sorted by name, distance, price and region
•The ability to post interactive comments, save favourites, share photos
Make the most of your time on the island that readers of Conde Nast Traveller magazine consistently rank the “Best North American Island.” This easy-to-use app will take you to the best spots and give you practical advice along the way. Start traveling like a local today.
[icon photo credit: JeremyKoreski.com & Tofino Sea Kayaking Company]
★ About the Author ★
Vancouver Island resident Jamie Moore has skied the peaks, descended on shipwrecks and explored hundreds of places between since relocating here from Chicago in 2002. The author of Tourism Vancouver Island’s Outdoor Guide, Tour Planner and other island visitor guides, Jamie is an award-winning writer and member of the Society of American Travel Writers. Her writing credits also include SmarterTravel.com blogs, Rand McNally guides, Resort + Recreation magazine and Endless Vacation magazine. Visit jamiermoore.wordpress.com
★ About Sutro Media ★
This guide is published in partnership with Sutro Media. By enabling local writers to share their expertise on mobile phones, Sutro Media is making it easier and more fun to explore the world!
If you have any problems, comments, or suggestions for improvement, we'd love to hear from you - email@example.com
The mobile streetmaps are for you! All the map data is loaded on your phone before you leave your home, so can you be on the streets, offline, and still know everything about the area you are in, and locate yourself or any street in the city. You don't need any network connection at all once the application is installed on your phone – no WiFi, no 3G, no GPRS!
This is a complete street level map for your phone. The entire map is stored on your phone, so it works where you have no access to the Internet - it works where Google Maps is inaccessible. This prevents expensive data roaming charges by loading all the map data to your phone before you leave home. You can turn off all network functions and still be able to find your way around. Lets you find all streets, and many useful locations such as ATM's, parkings, museums, and many others.
Map data (c) OpenStreetMap and contributors, CC-BY-SA.
Hundreds of images illustrate the various relics & help explain how they were used as well as describing their life since the end of their service. Discover which cannon have been fired in retirement, which relics travelled to New Zealand & China, which ship flew a flag featuring a kangaroo, which relic has been dug up & buried 4 times, which relics date from the reign of George III & which relic was saluted by 100 French cavalry.
At under 30 mb, the App is small enough to leave on a Smartphone until needed. At the touch of an icon the closest 12 relics are identified with a map showing how to find them. Once downloaded an internet connection is not required unless more than the basic map is needed. Details, images, the GPS location & how to find the surviving relics & vessels can all be accessed offline.
Walking tours included in this application are:
* Beautiful Architecture (7 sights)
* City Orientation Tour (12 sights)
* Victoria Daily Life (6 sights)
* Kids Entertainment (5 sights)
* Famous Museums (6 sights)
* Best Art Galleries (6 sights)
* Nightlife in Victoria (7 sights)
* Religious Sights (7 sights)
* Specialty Shopping (6 sights)
* Victoria Shopping (6 sights)
All the data used in this app is built into the software, so you can follow the walking tours or use the city map without internet access or cellular data plan. No need to pay the costly roaming charges when traveling to foreign cities. The app is optimized for Android phone and tablet.
The powerful navigation assistance includes:
* Touring routes clearly displayed on map.
* Precise turn-by-turn walking directions from one sight to the next.
* `FindMe` displays your exact location and Auto Tracking displays your movement on the map (this feature is not supported on device without built-in GPS function).
* Built-in compass to show you the direction.
* A detailed city map which can be used independently for your other traveling needs.
Please visit our website at www.GPSmyCity.com to find city walks for over 470 cities worldwide.
Tourism Australia coordinates and participates in a number of international trade shows and events each year to promote Australia as a premier travel destination. The majority of these trade shows and events are held within key international markets bringing together the Australian tourism industry and travel agents and travel wholesalers from around the world.
eConnect Australia is the primary platform for Sellers to share brochures, marketing collateral and news with Buyers.
The eConnect Australia mobile APP features photos, brochures, video's and information on Australian Seller organisation's and is a useful networking tool for connecting with the Australian tourism industry.
The hub of the eConnect Australia APP - Video's, Brochures, Seller Information and more…
View a company's brochures. Download and display the brochure inside the APP.
From Australian Seller Company's, State and Territory Tourism Organisation's, travel and tourism brands.
View and stream video content.
View a company profile and connect with representatives of their organisation. Check out their Press Releases. View their Gallery of published images and access their brochures.
Search companies via industry: airlines | rail, coach & bus | cruising | hotels & resorts | car hire | tourism boards | associations | skiing | tour operators | theme parks | adventure | online travel | attractions
Read journalist stories on Australia.
View the photo galleries and albums on the Gallery tab. Share via Facebook, Twitter and email.
Connect and Network with the Australian travel and tourism industry, view member's biographies, email or telephone directly through the APP. You can also update and view your own or other member's travel plans.
Send and receive messages to other members of eConnect Australia. View your messages, sent messages, drafts and deleted items. Open and reply to your in-system messages from your mobile.
Stay connected with Tourism Australia at other international trade shows and events, year-round.
Update your personal biography, so that the industry can connect and network with you.
To register with eConnect Australia visit econnect.travtrade.com
This App allows you to explore the many wonders of Colorado Springs including Pikes Peak, Garden of the Gods, United States Olympic Committee and United States Air Force Academy. Explore the region to find fun and exciting things to do, unique places to stay, best places to eat and a comprehensive list of live entertainment and art performances & exhibits.
- Visitor Information by region, category and what's nearby
- Maps showing your current location and desired destination
- Comprehensive event calendar
- Links and photos for all listings
- Save your favorites
- Geo-locating capability
- Search capability
Acknowledgments: This App was created for the Colorado Springs CVB by the awesome team at DiscoverAnywhere.com.
This app contains a complete built-in database of listings and events for Visit Baltimore.
There are so many things to do in Chattanooga that you'll find it takes several days to fit them all in. Start planning your next Tennessee vacation in Chattanooga today!
The Tennessee Wine Country App now allows you to customize a unique and unforgettable experience taking you on a journey through the more than 40 wineries throughout our state! This interactive travel guide permits the user the ability to pinpoint the exact location of our wineries as well as help you plan indulgent stops at local eateries or find restful lodging accommodations. If you are already visiting us, see “what’s nearby” and start planning your next stop at a Tennessee winery. No matter your tastes or preferences, Tennessee Wine Country will be sure to leave you wanting more. So, the next time you’re with us, be sure to stop by and sip a spell while you sample the variety of Tennessee’s award winning wineries and the vineyards that make it all possible!
Open search available for that winery you just heard about and listings are also broken down into the East, Middle, and West Tennessee regions for ease of use. Be sure to share your experiences with your friends through our integrated Facebook and Twitter section.
The Tennessee Wine Country App is brought to you by the Tennessee Farm Winegrowers Alliance (TFWA). A coalition of more than 36 grape growers and 40 wineries, TFWA works to increase awareness of the Tennessee Wine & Grape growing industry in our state and continuously provide educational and research support for those in our field.
Discover where to eat, drink, sleep and be entertained, with the help of your device's GPS, you'll see how easy it is to navigate the Lake.
So you've loaded the app, Now what do you do with it? Here are some key features that will enhance your Lake of the Ozarks Experience.
* Search hotels, resturants, attractions and events based on your location and interests.
* Plan you travels by adding preferred destinations to your favorites.
* Search individual business names to see all the band schedules and events at you favorite Bar.
Lake of the Ozarks has something for everyone, whether your looking for family fun or a party atomosphere.
From the first time you lay eyes on our stunning Lake of the Ozarks, you'll know you have seen a glimpse of heaven.
Indulge yourself in our 1,150 miles of shoreline.
Loose yourself in our spectacular scenery as you have the vacation of a life-time!
Our jam-packed band schedule and event calendars will have you asking "How can we do it all" but you can't say you've been to the Lake, until you've been on it!!
You may rent a boat your first time, but your buy one for your next... because we know your coming back!!
This app contains a complete built-in database of listings, events and band schedule for the Lake of the Ozarks.
Download the FREE Greater Madison Convention & Visitors Bureau app to discover all you need to make your experience in Madison, Wisconsin, one you’ll never forget. This location-aware travel guide detects where you are and shows you what’s happening near you right now. Manage your itinerary, connect with social media, see photos and videos, get current weather and much more.
The Greater Madison Convention & Visitors Bureau is committed to Going> Beyond> Visit™ to provide you with an experience that goes beyond the expected. This app will allow you to find everything you need to plan the perfect Madison experience. We invite you to make this visit uniquely yours.
Enjoy your visit to Madison, Wisconsin!
The app includes great features such as thematic exploration of the seven regional 1812 theaters of war, smart actions for each location, “Nearby” which not only shows you what is near you but can show you what’s nearby other locations, “Favorites” to keep a smart travel itinerary, and videos of bonus features from the film.
To truly understand a world-changing historical event such as the War of 1812, and how it has shaped North America, one must learn about it at a basic level. An excellent way to bring the war down to size and at the same time grasp its immense historical importance is to visit the battlefields and other relevant sites that date from the era of the conflict.
This app was created by Discover Anywhere Mobile.
pringfield is a great vacation and convention destination and a great place to call home.
Explore the Tofino and Ucluelet area from the palm of your hand.
Read Info About & Navigate to Shops - Restaurants - Whale Watching Companies - Surf Shops - Accommodation - Art Galleries - Fishing Charters & Much More.
Detailed route Maps and Turn by Turn directions will guide You to Your destination.
Find the Best Deals in Town - What's Nearby - Beaches/Trails - Photos - Videos - Local Websites and Events/Entertainment.
Whether You are looking for pure Adrenaline - Food - Accommodation or Relaxation. You can find it on The Tofino App !
Made by Tofino Locals, a Travel Guide to Everything that this Beautiful Area has to offer.
Interactive map – locate attractions and destinations throughout the region and get turn-by-turn directions to your desired location.
Accommodations – Find a property or resort that suits your needs by searching from a variety of accommodation categories.
Trip Planning – Plan your trip by adding preferred destinations to your favorites and then generate customized maps.
Social Media - Stay connected socially by browsing updates about the region through Twitter and Facebook or check out one of the many videos about the region through the Youtube channel.
With 500,000 square kilometers of astonishingly diverse geography, northern B.C. boasts internationally renowned recreation and wildlife-viewing opportunities year-round. More than 60 provincial, national and marine parks and wildlife refuges offer access to globally unique ecosystems and priceless cultural heritage treasures. Northern BC’s highway systems, including the World Famous Alaska Highway, are some of the most awe inspiring on the planet. Those who call the region home are as passionate about the recreational assets in their backyard as they are about its vibrant culture and colorful past – and eager to share it with you. Experience the friendly hospitality of northern British Columbians, and you’ll be back again and again.
If you’re looking for pristine natural beauty, rich history, fascinating aboriginal culture and genuine people, you’ve come to the right place: Northern British Columbia has it all.