Download the eDeclaration mobile app to save time upon arrival in Canada. Using eDeclaration is quick, simple and secure.
How to use it:
- Create and store traveller profiles
- Prepare your declaration in advance and generate a quick response (QR) code
- Upon arrival, immediately scan your QR code at a Primary Inspection Kiosk. Do not select a language. For easy QR code scanning, follow the on-screen instructions on the kiosk.
Where to use it:
- eDeclaration can only be used at Canadian airports where Primary Inspection Kiosks are available.
- eDeclaration is now available for use at:
- Winnipeg Richardson International Airport (YWG)
- Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport (YTZ)
- Québec City Jean Lesage International Airport (YQB)
- Montreal-Trudeau International Airport (YUL)
- Halifax Stanfield International Airport (YHZ)
- Edmonton International Airport (YEG)
- Terminal 3 – Toronto Pearson International Airport (YYZ)
- Vancouver International Airport (YVR)
- Ottawa International Airport (YOW)
- As new airports are added we’ll update the app.
Who can use it:
- Most travellers arriving in Canada by air, including returning residents and all foreign nationals visiting Canada.
- Ineligible travellers include unaccompanied minors and travellers with non-machine readable travel documents.
- NEXUS members should continue to use dedicated NEXUS kiosks for expedited processing or can opt to use a passport for regular processing at a Primary Inspection Kiosk.
- Foreign representatives (diplomats) and their families should continue to use the special services counter for in-person processing.
Your feedback on our mobile application will help us improve future releases. Send us your compliments, comments or complaints or take a few minutes to rate or review this app. Please include as much information as possible to help us better understand the nature of your feedback, such as arrival airport, mobile device you used (type of device, version, operating system), etc.
We heard your feedback:
Regarding difficulties in scanning the QR code, we incorporated enhancements for each airport’s kiosks. Make sure you select your correct arrival airport when preparing your declaration on the app.
eDeclaration is part of the CanBorder series of official mobile apps published by the Canada Border Services Agency. For more information visit our website.