Ready for Android 5!
The KX3 Companion in an app that will let the power use of your Elecraft KX3 HF radio easier and lighter. No need for a PC!
It will let you send and receive CW, PSK31 and RTTY by using your device keyboard. You can also use an external Bluetooth keyboard.
You can set up to 20 macros to that can use dynamic symbols to have Call, Name, QTH and Locator automatically updated.
It connects to your KX3 by using the USB Serial cable that comes with the radio. You'll also need an inexpensive OTG Cable adapter to connect the serial USB to your mobile device. You can find them for a very few dollars. No other cables are needed!
The KX3 Companion app also let you record full QSOs and log them to eventually export them to your favorite QSO logging software.
With the new SWR Meter you can sweep a frequency range and the app shows you a chart with SWR values. You can select from 3 to 13 steps, each step can be from 5 to 500 kHz.
Selecting the "SPECTRUM" tool, the app shows the audio spectrum. For devices allowing that, you can also attach the KX3 Audio OUT to the device Audio IN for a better signal. By touching the spectrum you can do a quick QSY.
Selecting the "WATERFALL" tool, you can see how the spectrum evolved over time. It is very useful feature to spot every signal even the weakest ones!
With KX3 Companion you can:
- Send and receive CW, PSK31 and RTTY using your device keyboard
- Read and Write messages with space for hundreds of characters (depending on your mobile phone or tablet screen size)
- XMIT (Chat) Mode - Transmit as you type. Perfect mode to be used with an external Bluetooth keyboard.
- Switch mode (CW, PSK31, RTTY)
- Set the frequency and go up/down bands
- Record and recall up to 10 totally customized macros (20 on tablets with large enough displays)
- 4 dynamic symbols for Call, Name, QTH and Locator to be used on macros (you can customize the symbols)
- assign label and color to each macro
- macro symbols and programming language
- load/save of macro templates
- Set the CW WPM (Words Per Minute) value with a slider
- Have up to 10 presets to set power, ATU or whatever you want to program
- Customize the serial baudrate, dynamic symbols and date formats to adapt the app to your setup and needs
- Record full QSO logs (everything you send and receive is recorded)
- Log your QSO in CSV and ADIF formats
- Log received/send RST and received/sent contest serial numbers
- QSO log is recoded in the DB (Sqlite)
- automatic check for already worked CALLs (tells you how many times/when/band/mode)
- automatic recognition of callsigns
- Audio spectrum and waterfall to easy find signals
- SWR Meter to sweep a frequency range and see the SWR values over that range
- QRZ.com XML integration. Automatic QRZ.com lookups.
- eQSL.cc integration. Enable it to automatically send an eQSL every time a new QSO is logged
- DX Cluster integration: simple press QSY, band filter, list filter, alert filter.
- Compatible with Elecraft K3 as well
- Support for remote control of the KX3. Instructions here: http://kx3companion.com/kx3remote
- Support for Piglet (http://pignology.net/piglet). Instructions here: http://kx3companion.com/piglet
- PDF Manual
Please read the MANUAL to fully understand the potential of KX3Companion.
If you'd like to see more features contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or connect to our forum:
Remember that to connect the Elecraft KX3 to your mobile device you need the serial USB cable coming with the radio and an OTG USB cable adapter. Also make sure that your device is not locked to the use of OTG cables. Some carriers (like Sprint Wireless) may do so. Please check with their customer service.
IF YOU HAVE PROBLEMS AFTER THE UPDATE, PLEASE UNINSTALL AND REINSTALL THE APP.
NOTE: This app has ADIF Export AND Import and QRZ XML Lookup integration. As well as CloudSynch to synchronize logs across devices and platforms (Android/iOS)
HamLog is an amateur radio logging application with many useful tools built-in. It is meant for use when operating portable from the field or mobile (drive safe!). It supports name and QTH lookup via the Cell network or WLAN. It supports both Import and Export of logs in ADIF format and has integration with the QRZ XML Lookup service.
QRZ XML Subscriber Integration
Gridsquare from GPS
Grid Calc from lat/long
Grid to Map
US Band Plan
HF Nets List
Ring the Phone
HamLog CloudSynch (see http://hamlog.it for more info)
Rapid Fire mode for quickly adding contacts in a pile-up.
Field Day Logger with suport for HamLog Field Day Server
Functional overview of the application
You can use some transceiver’s DR functions.
Send and receive voice and pictures.
Send and receive text messages.
See the location of repeater sites or other stations on a map using received position data, or your transceiver’s repeater list.
Automatically set the transceiver’s “FROM” and “TO” fields by tapping a repeater site or a station on the map.
Use your own maps without needing an internet connection.
In the DV mode, read and edit the received station’s information.
Download additional information from an Internet database, such as QRZ.com or APRS.fi.
Call Sign list
Edit call signs and names used in the DR function. Also, you can add a call sign and a name in the Call Sign list.
See the detailed data entered in the Repeater list.
Change some of the transceiver’s function settings.
Select application software settings.
Import a Repeater list and a Call Sign list.
Export the Repeater list, the Call Sign list, and the Receive History.
The RS-MS1A operating requirements are as follows:
1. Android 4.0 or later
The RS-MS1A has been tested with the following Android devices available in Japan.
- Samsung Galaxy S3 Progre(au SCL21: Android 4.0.4 / 4.1.2)
- Samsung Galaxy S3 (NTT docomo SC-03E: Android 4.1.1)
- Samsung Galaxy S3α (NTT docomo SC-03E: Android 4.1.1)
- Samsung Galaxy S4 (NTT docomo SC-04E: Android 4.2.2 / 4.3 / 4.4.2)
- Samsung Galaxy Note (NTT docomo SC-05D: Android 4.1.2)
- Samsung Galaxy Note3 (NTT docomo SC-01F / au SCL22: Android 4.3 / 4.4.2)
- Google Nexus 7 (2012) (Nexus7-16G: Android 4.2.2 / 4.4.2 / 4.4.3)
- Google Nexus 7 (2013) (Nexus7-16G: Android 4.3 / 4.4.2 / 4.4.3)
2. Touch screen
3. Bluetooth function and/or USB host function
- ID-51A/E (PLUS) 50th Anniversary model
*Not all functions are usable.
To use the RS-MS1A with a supported transceiver, you need an internal Bluetooth unit or the OPC-2350LU data cable. See your transceiver’s instruction manual for details.
- The RS-MS1A may not work with all Android devices, even if it is one of the tested devices. This is because an application program on your device may conflict with the RS-MS1A.
- You may need to install additional file managing and image processing software.
- Your Android device must be USB host function compatible to communicate with your transceiver through the OPC-2350LU cable. Even if your device is USB host function compatible, the RS-MS1A may not function properly.
- You may need to connect to the Internet through a Wireless LAN, a 3G network or an LTE network for some functions.
- The RS-MS1A supports only portrait orientation. It does not support Auto Rotate.
- Remove the data cable when the Android device is not used to reduce the devices power consumption
- The RS-MS1A program may lock up when transmitting some high-quality or large size image files, or continuously operated for a long time. In that case, restart the program.
- Depending on the Android device, the power supplied to the USB terminal may be stopped while in the display sleep mode or power saving mode. In that case, remove the “Screen timeout” check mark on the Application Setting screen of the RS-MS1A.
- When you transmit an image file with the baud rate set at 4800bps, some of that data may be lost. In that case, set the baud rate to over 9600bps.
When an incoming text message is received the program will lookup that phone number and password, if found the application will behave as follows:
•Initiate GPS and get current location.
•Convert latitude and longitude to friendly street name
•Send the Street name via text message back to the requesting users.
Since the current location is sent back via text message any phone capable of sending and receiving a text message can interface with this program
The GPS will only be initiated and then disabled when a valid incoming text message is received, saving battery life.
With Clusteroid you can connect to a telnet cluster and receive the spots with your mobile phone or tablet.
You can also load your DXCC status from the RXCLUS.DAT file, your IOTA status from RXCluster's IOTA.DAT or from a log in ADIF format.
When a new country (all-time new one, or on a new band/mode, or a country that you already worked but still not confirmed) is spotted Clusteroid then warns you, the same goes for a new IOTA reference.
If you are an avid DXCC or IOTA hunter or a simple ham radio operator you'll find this app useful.
Available in english, french, german, italian and spanish.
It is already known about a WiFi bug on T-mobile G2x
devices. Apparently the problem is caused by a wrong DNS configuration when disabling and enabling the WiFi connection, or after rebooting the device.
Some users fixed it by rooting their phones, but that will VOID your warranty. If your warranty is expired (I really doubt that), go ahead root it and stop reading NOW.
For those that want to keep their phone on warranty keep reading.
This bug is really annoying, but this app will let you use WiFi connection without rebooting or rooting my phone (which as I mentioned, will void the warranty).
Download it, read the tutorial and fix this annoying bug/problem.
Just review the tutorial and follow the easy 4 steps.
I own a G2x and works for me like a charm.
Hope this help you.
NO ROOT NEEDED! SO DO NOT VOID THE WARRANTY ON YOUR PHONE!
Full lookup for the US, Germany and France and approximate location is provided for the entire world.
Flag for telemarketers when detected.
Realtime lookup available for Wifi or 3G, delayed otherwise.
Thanks to the tellows score the app displays the nature of the incoming call via a live sync to the tellows servers and you can decide whether to answer the phone or ignore the call. If the calling phone number has an official entry on tellows additional information like name and address will be shown. You may add these details to your contacts with one click. Furthermore, you can rate numbers, comment on them and, therewith, warn your fellow tellows users against potential dangers. The service is free.
Features of version 2.0:
- Rating of incoming calls via tellows score
- Import of the caller’s address and name into your contacts
- Instant Search for unknown numbers
- Caller history of missed calls
Short summary of our features:
rate phone numbers; caller reverse lookup; tellows score; realtime lookup; find out who called you by name, adress and city; telephone directory; phone spam, telephone terror, protection
A membership for The Routing Project provides a simple means for everyone to see the location of the mobile on a map, and thus track the location of an entity (vehicle or individual), using technology that every home has access to: the internet and/or a mobile phone with internet service.
- Navigeer naar de OSB website (One Click)
- Lees de RSS feeds (One Click)
- Lees alle verschenen e-CQ QSO's
- Navigeer vanaf uw lokatie naar de OSB Shack
- Lijst van andere UBA Sectie's (Adres & Navigatie)
- Verstuur een tweet
- Zoek een callsign via QRZ.com
Blijkbaar wordt de app als niet compatible met Adroid 2.1.x weergegeven, deze werkt bij mij toch zonder problemen. U kan deze downloaden via mijn website www.on3php.be/apps.
Vragen / tips / andere steeds welkom