Winner Avon Foundation for Women/Institute of Medicine "Ending Violence @Home"
Featured in Wired, Christian Science Monitor, Al-Jazeera, and Cosmopolitan
• Now available in Hindi! Hotlines customized for New Delhi
• अब हिन्दी में, नई दिल्ली की हॉटलाइन्स के साथ
Users Please Note! You do not need 6 people to use this app successfully. You can fill in as few as you want, and double up to complete the number 6. Thank you for your notes and feedback.
Vice President Joe Biden says, “Thanks to the creativity and vision of these developers, young people now have a new line of defense against violence in their lives.”
With Circle of 6 you have a new way to connect with your most trusted friends- to stay close, stay safe and prevent violence before it happens! It's the mobile way to look out for your friends - on campus or when you're out for the night.
Circle of 6 lets you choose six trusted friends to add to your circle. If you get into an uncomfortable or risky situation, use Circle of 6 to automatically send your circle a pre-programmed SMS alert message, with your exact location. It’s quick. It’s discreet. Two taps on your iPhone is all it takes.
Here’s how it works:
• You're out late and you lose track of your friends. Use Circle of 6 to send your circle a “come and get me” message- with a map using GPS to show your precise location.
• You're on a date that starts to get uncomfortable. You need a polite way to excuse yourself. Use Circle of 6 to alert your circle to call you and interrupt the situation.
• You're seeing someone new, but you have some doubts about how things are going. Use Circle of 6 to access a wealth of online information about healthy relationships.
• In critical situations, use Circle of 6 to call two pre-programmed national hotlines or a local emergency number of your choice.
Circle of 6 is a project of Tech 4 Good, LLC.
Tech 4 Good, LLC. is a human rights mobile start-up. Bringing our experience with youth culture, storytelling, code and design we develop engaging tools and campaigns to support a culture of connectivity and accountability.
Learn more at: http://www.circleof6app.com/who-we-are/
YTH (formerly ISIS) and The Line Campaign, Inc., created the Circle of 6 mobile app in 2012 and each has since sold its entire interest in that project to Tech 4 Good, LLC.
(c) Tech 4 Good, Inc.
Have you ever felt unsafe when walking alone at night, or jogging on a running trail? Have you ever needed an excuse to get out of a bad date or long meeting, or simply been looking for an easier way to hook up with your closest friends? Have you ever worried about how you actually would get help in case of an emergency?
bSafe can help in all situations:
• Set up your own social personal safety network of friends, family and coworkers
• Share locations to find each other more easily (optional)
• Ask friends to walk you home with Follow Me’s live GPS trace, or help friends stay safer by walking them home from wherever you are
• Use Timer Mode to program an automatic alarm that will trigger if you have not checked in in time
• Use I’m Here to tell selected people where you are right now
• Use Fake Call to make the phone ring when you want it to. You can even define who the call should be from
• And in case you are ever in trouble, the Guardian Alert button will immediately notify your friends and family members that you need help, and let them know where you are (GPS) and what’s happening (video). It will even set off a siren (optional)
bSafe is your ultimate safety app! Install it today, and start building your own personal safety network. bSafe puts your safety in your hands - and lets you stay connected with those you love the most and keep them safer too!
Don´t just take our word for it:
• "This is not just an emergency app, it contains features to ensure the users everyday safety" - Techcrunch
• "You set up the safety net, the app does the rest" - CBS
• "This is one of the first apps you should install" - Examiner.com
Keywords: alone, follow, alarm, alert, application, best, bipper, be safe, besafe, b-safe, bsafe, button, call, camera, cell, cheap, communicate, contact, control, convenient, coordinates, device, directions, distress, easy, emergency, evidence, fear, friend, GPS, great, handheld, location, locator, maps, mobile, panic, phone, photo, popular, protect, reliable, report, responsibility, safe, search, security, smartphone, SMS, SOS, surveillance, telenav, track, trafficing, TXT, usage, user-friendly, video, top, free, social, walk, night, campus, jogging, safety, network, women, rape, alarm, maps, search, directions, guardian, timer, home, today, free, flashlight
Additionally, if someone you know is in an abusive relationship—or if that someone is you—the Help Section of the application contains complete resources for victims of domestic violence, as well as a way to get help when you need it.
This app does not serve as a replacement for emergency services—in any situation where you feel that you may be at risk, please dial 911 or your local emergency number.
The GWEN Alert, is a personal safety App to get immediate help in an emergency.
GWEN Alert is in the automatic go-to for emergency situations. With one discreet click on your smart phone, the GWEN Alert app silently sends an emergency SMS text and GPS location to five contacts who can provide an out, prevent violence, or save a life (yours).
GWEN Alert provides a secret defense for those in abusive relationships; traveling or meeting people alone; children, teens and young people in danger; as well as senior citizens living alone who are in jeopardy or feel threatened.
With the GWEN Alert you can also call pre-programmed national hotlines or a local emergency number of your choice.
While helping keep you safe, the GWEN Alert app also inspires with empowering tips and quotes, access to downloadable newly released music and membership in the GWEN online community (www.GWENnetwork.org).
The Global Women’s Empowerment Network (GWEN) is a nonprofit organization that uses cutting-edge technology, multimedia programming to raise awareness and support programs that heal women and children who have suffered abuse.
1. The GWEN Alert is a resource to draw upon your own network as you see fit. It is not a substitute for in-person medical, therapeutic or mental health advice, diagnosis, care or treatment, or as a substitute for common sense regarding your personal safety. We recommend that all medical, therapeutic or mental health decisions be made in consultation with your personal health care provider. Never disregard medical or therapeutic advice from your health care provider or delay seeking it because of something you have read on the Internet, including this site. We recommend that you not put yourself in potentially dangerous or harmful situations in reliance on this website for your safety. In case of emergency, please call your doctor or 911 immediately.
2. You represent that you will use this service only as provided herein and will not use this for any commerical purpose in any way. No messages are being sent for purpose of advertisment or for harassment of abuse and no contacts listed by you have indicated that they do not want to receive such messages from you.
3. GWEN Alert is provided on a "as is, as available" basis. GWEN Inc and/or Global Women's Empowerment Network is not liable to any user or anyone else for any decision made or action taken based on reliance upon the information contained on or provided through the site. GWEN Alert does not make any express or implied warranties, representations or endorsements of any kind whatsoever (including without limitation, warranties of title or non-infringement of third parties’ rights, or any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose) with regard to the service, or with respect to any information, product, service, merchandise or other material provided on or through the service.
4. GWEN Alert does not warrant or guarantee the accuracy, completeness, correctness, timeliness, or usefulness of any information, services, or other material provided on or through the site. GWEN makes no warranty or guarantee that the website will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free. In no event shall GWEN Inc and/or Global Women's Empowerment Networ be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, incidental and consequential damages, personal injury/wrongful death, lost profits, or damages resulting from lost data or business interruption) resulting from the use or inability to use the [GWEN/Network] site or its content, whether based on warranty, contract, tort, or any other legal theory, and whether or not GWEN is advised of the possibility of such damages. You agree to agree to defend, indemnify and hold GWEN Inc and/or Global Women's Empowerment Network harmless against any and all third party claims arising from your use of the GWEN Network.
Subscribe for FREE and get INSTANT access to subscriber-only issues with articles, reviews and coaching tips to get you started on your personal transformation journey TODAY.
The ultimate magazine for people who want to create a MAGNIFICENT life and have a lasting impact on the world.
Each issue will bring you interviews with thought leaders, local heroes and other people who are making a difference.
We will focus on all the critical areas of your life, whether it's your intimate relationship, your ability to motivate yourself to achieve your goals or creating a life of meaning, passion and purpose.
We will also tackle tough issues such as depression, abusive relationships, broken families and addiction.
'The Introverted Idealist' is about becoming the person you've always wanted to be (and being able to pass that gift on to others).
The interactive iMatter app provides a regularly updated series of positive messages, videos and quizzes to raise awareness of the warning signs and impact of intimate partner violence. The app also aims to empower users by providing information on self-esteem, assertiveness and details of support services. All of these features will enable users to be informed, forewarned and alert to dangerous behaviour and to learn how to achieve and maintain personal safety, both physical and psychological.
Intimate partner violence is increasing in our society and young women are known to be at higher risk. Australian research indicates that young women aged 15-19 may see abusive and controlling behaviour as protective and caring (Chung, 2007) and that 22% of young women under 20 have been victims of actual harm from dating violence (National Crime Prevention Study, 2001).
iMatter is a youth leadership/ intimate partner violence prevention project to assist young women to navigate their early relationships safely. The iMatter Project trains Young Leaders (18-25) in leadership skills and in recognising and responding to disrespect and abuse in relationships. These young women then run seminars in schools. The ‘iMatter’ mobile phone app builds on the project’s success and aims to prevent abuse and violence via a “virtual support group”.
To find out more about iMatter, contact Doncaster Community Care and Counselling (Doncare) at http://www.doncare.org.au/