Never waste time and gas looking for parking again! Know exactly where to park and when. Even before you get there!
Montreal Parking allows users to quickly and accurately find available parking in the Montreal area, as well as private parking lots.
Source : Ville de Montréal
-Find parking using your current location.
-Search the map to find parking near a specified address.
-Get driving directions.
-Save a list of favorite parking sections.
Key reasons millions of travelers love this app:
Need we say more? Download the app now, there’s absolutely no risk, and we’re sure you’ll love it!
There is no need for a live data connection while using this app, as everything is stored on your phone, after you do an initial update. This means you won’t be charged for expensive data roaming, and the app is super fast to use. You can update user reviews periodically when you are on WiFi.
RESTAURANTS, ATTRACTIONS, HOTELS
All places that are listed on TripAdvisor.com in this city are included in the app.
THOUSANDS OF USER REVIEWS
TripAdvisor’s community of millions of worldwide travelers ensures that content is fresh, plentiful and honest. With over 50 million reviews and thousands more added daily, City Guides offer the best and most recent content.
TripAdvisor members and destination experts have handpicked the best itineraries in the city for you, enabling you to explore interesting neighborhoods, famous landmarks and hidden gems. Using the phone's GPS, you can follow along and read about the interesting sights along the route.
CREATE YOUR OWN TRIP JOURNAL
Want to remember the places you visit? It is now easy to do this with TripAdvisor City Guides. Simply Check In, take a photo and add a note for each location, and your journal and travel album will be created for you automatically. You can share it with friends and family on Facebook, or just use it to remember your trip. And, you can even Check In while you are offline and share later when you are online.
POWERFUL YET EASY TO USE
Searching for pizza around Times Square? Coffee near the Eiffel Tower? Or do you just want to find a highly recommended place near you? With this app you can easily search any way you want, and find exactly what’s best for you and your travel companions.
POINT ME THERE
Once you have selected a restaurant or attraction, this app will guide you there using the fun & useful “Point Me There” screen, which uses the phone’s GPS and Compass.
Written by TripAdvisor members and edited by professionals, City Facts articles provide helpful information for when you plan your trip, such as when to go, how to get around in the city, what neighborhoods to visit, etc.
This app leverages the GPS in the phone to show you the best restaurant, attractions etc nearby. The app also uses the compass to guide you to a place once you selected it
You can use the GPS-activated voice tours for free as long as your phone is online, but that means you will have to pay roaming charges. If you pay to download the tours, you can use them offline, and save on the cost of roaming. We charge a small fee for downloading the offline features because we need to reimburse the tour guides and cover our development costs. Other features you can get for free include a map that works offline and free use of the 3D tour.
• TOURS OFFERED BY LOCAL EXPERTS - Browse more than 400 tours guided by people who make sure you see the most exciting places.
• AUDIO GUIDED TOURS - It will guide you with clear audio cues and once you approach a sight it automatically starts to tell you about it
• SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCES - During your tour you can take photos and add comments; from this PocketGuide automatically creates a 3D video which you can easily share with your friends
• FIND GREAT PLACES - If you are tired, let our guides recommend you the best nearby restaurants and cafés
• AVAILABLE OFFLINE - Once you download a city, the whole content works in offline mode so you don’t have to pay roaming charges
• OFFLINE MAP - Get a free offline map and navigate in the city easily while avoiding roaming charges.
Enjoyed the tours? Keep on traveling? Download PocketGuide's other versions available in other cities.
☆ Multilingual intrface! ☆
Guide 4T is a mobile app that helps you find nearby attractions, hotels, most popular restaurants, nightclubs, sights, museums, ATM, pharmacies.
This smart and intelligent mobile city guides are created to help plan your trip.
☆☆☆ Features of City Guide:
☆ Sights & Attractions list
- multilingual description with photo
- direction and route on map
☆ Weather forecast
☆ Offline Currency Converter
☆ Multilingual interface (english, chinese, spanish, german, japanese, korean, russian, french, portuguese)
☆ Place Finder with complete information about object (adress with map, users rating, route, website, phone number)
Restaurant / Bar / Night club / Lodging / Hotel / Museum / Pharmacy / ATM / Bank / Gas station
☆ City Trips added and recommended by users ☆
- Interactive map & route with POI
- Trip photos
- Description, distance
☆ Event manager with with full information about the event
☆ Interactive map of the city
☆☆☆ What people are saying about our guides:
- Yriy: "Thing Excellent idea!"
- Zeynepalp: "Very nice Istalbul guide"
- Kaka: "Jakarta city guide Great !!!!"
- Frank: "Bueno Me gustó esta app tiene futuro si recibe actualizaciones constantes" (Well I liked this app has a future if it receives constant updates)
- Luis: "Buena Me gusta la interfaz, es fluido y encuentras de todo." (Good I like the interface, is fluid and find everything.)
- Victor: "Muito bom, informa o tempo a visibilidade humidade, eventos q vao acontecer no Rj bem atualizado. Perfeito" (Very good, tells time visibility humidity, events happen in vain Rio de Janeiro. Perfect)
Montreal (i/ˌmʌntriːˈɒl/; French: Montréal , pronounced: [mɔ̃ʁeal] ( listen)) is a city in the Canadian province of Quebec. It is the largest city in the province, the second-largest in the country (after Toronto) and the fifteenth-largest in North America. Originally called Ville-Marie, or "City of Mary", named after Mount Royal, the triple-peaked hill located in the heart of the city, or Mont Réal as it was spelled in Middle French (Mont Royal in modern French). The city is located on the Island of Montreal, which took its name from the same source as the city, and a few much smaller peripheral islands, the largest of which is Île Bizard.
As of 2011, the city of Montreal had a population of 1,649,519. Montreal's metropolitan area (CMA) (land area 4,259 square kilometres (1,644 sq mi)) had a population of 3,824,221 and a population of 1,886,481 in the urban agglomeration of Montreal, all of the municipalities on the Island of Montreal included.
French is the city's official language and is also the language spoken at home by 56.9% of the population in the city of Montreal proper, followed by English at 18.6% and 19.8% other languages (as of 2006 census). In the larger Montreal Census Metropolitan Area, 67.9% of the population speaks French at home, compared to 16.5% who speak English. 56% of the population are able to speak both English and French. Montreal is the second largest primarily French-speaking city in the world, after Paris
Both locals and visitors can use the Guide’s geolocalisation service to view nearby attractions. Users can find the closest subway station, plan routes, build daily itineraries or follow the one recommended by the SDC using the Old Montreal Guide App. You will be able to list your favorites, search by category and even by price range.
The Old Montreal Guide is the only tool you will ever need to enjoy the area’s full potential!
For Montreal and every airport (2500+) you get:
+Live Arrival and Departure boards
+Food and restaurants
Montréal–Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport (YUL) is the largest airport in Quebec. Montréal Airport is a major hub for Air Canada. This app provides complete information including parking, food and restaurants, terminal maps, directions and more.
No other app provides as much information--useful information you need.
Airport lets you know if your flights delayed or cancelled and gives you the tools needed to quickly find an alternate flight and rebook all in one place.
Check-in, flight status, baggage, seats, for your flight all at your fingertips.
In addition, you can access information on virtually every airport you fly to from Montreal. We include Vancouver, Toronto, Calgary, Victoria, Edmonton, Halifax, and all the airports of the world (2400+).
Montreal Airport android app
APP AND TEXTS AVAILABLE IN ENGLISH & FRENCH
Discover Montreal and its history differently with amazing photos! Want to try our apps for free? Check out the ‘Paris, Then and Now’ FREE app: http://bit.ly/parisfree
★ As seen in Métro, Huffington Post, TV/Radio Canada, etc. ★
AN INCREDIBLY RICH CONTENT
More than 200 Then and Now places available, and many more to come! Our awesome partners have been building this content for YEARS.
For each then & now place you will be able to :
✓ See the full screen Then and Now photos
✓ Superpose the photos with reality, play with the transparency and observe the evolution of the place
✓ Discover the history of the place thanks to a description mixing historical facts and anecdotes
** Download the « Montreal Then and Now » app today to discover these places and their history **
BE NOTIFIED AUTOMATICALLY OR LOCALIZE THE PLACES YOURSELF
Define the notification range then click "Go". You will then be notified each time you get close to an available place.
You can also browse the then & now places in the "Find" tab where you'll find different views : list, map , satellite or augmented reality.
** Download this app now to navigate the Then & Now map or be notified automatically **
✓ Geolocation and interactive map that refreshes automatically
✓ Augmented reality
✓ Push notifications for then and now places
✓ Search historic places and monuments in list or map view
✓ Play with transparency on photos
You'll find more information on how to use the app in our tutorial ("More" tab).
Experience a different way to visit Montreal and learn more about its history, and a good alternative to traditional travel guides.
EVEN MORE CITIES BY ‘MY CITY BEFORE’
Our apps are updated frequently and there are new cities available regularly. Check out our website to know more www.mycitybefore.com
Currently available: Vancouver, Montreal, Paris, Barcelona, Nantes, Metz. Toronto and Tampa on the way.
Please note that the app currently uses INTERNET CONNECTION, so plan your usage accordingly.
WE CAN NOT ANSWER YOU ON THIS PAGE. Please contact us at email@example.com and we we'll answer you promptly ! Any suggestion or bug report is obviously welcome.
PLEASE NOTE that all the Then and Now places are not visible straight away: navigate the map and wait for the app to refresh and display the places.
Note : * Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
• Choose the best places to visit from our curated list of more than 100.000 attractions, covering 150+ countries - never miss out on the best sightseeing again
• Plan your travel itinerary in just a few minutes - spend your time on travel, not on planning
• Get weather forecast - what is the best day to schedule that river cruise for?
• Use time & distance estimates - is the way from the station to your hotel worth taking a taxi?
• Sync the itinerary across all your devices - you’ll always have your dream trip close at hand
• Find a hotel in your destination and save it to your itinerary - always find a way back to your hotel
• Enjoy detailed and walking-friendly maps - explore the city in the best way possible, on foot
• See subway lines on the map in popular cities - quickly get around town like a local
• Download offline maps and use the app offline (available as in-app purchase) - no more roaming fees
• Download and print out a PDF guide - don’t worry about battery power.
• Guardian’s Android App of the Week
• Gizmodo’s App Deal of the Day
• Outside Magazine: The Best City Guide App for your Phone
• Also featured in BBC, The Telegraph, PC Magazine, TNW, ProductHunt and others
GET IN TOUCH WITH US
Check out our web planner: http://www.tripomatic.com
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Tripomatic_com
Like us on Facebook: https://facebook.com/TripomaticCom
Contact our support team: firstname.lastname@example.org
To access 1000+ destinations worldwide, download the full-fledged Tripomatic app for free. Available at http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tripomatic
• Practical travel guide with detailed information like attractions, getting around for each district of Montreal City.
• Travel utilities like hotel booking, currency converter, weather forecast, world clocks, reminder, alarm and many more available within the app.
• Intuitive, easy-to-use one tap pane interface with tight social network integration for Check-Ins, photo sharing and places review.
• Just one app for all your devices with dedicated UI and data sync capabilities.
• Plan your itinerary and port your activity data between different devices and social network using our pangeaguides.com website.
• Community sharing experience for your photos, reviews and travel memories with your friends and other fellow travelers.
Premium features of Montreal Travel Guide bring exclusive travel utilities that reduce travel planning hassles and make the experience fun and memorable. Premium features consists of -
• A next generation modern marvel Augmented Reality experience that brings surrounded by wonders feeling.
• Search for cafes, restaurants, theatres and even hospitals with carefully organized location data. Find more than 1000 Points of Interest around you and get directions to places of your interest.
• Extremely detailed Montreal offline map for no connectivity areas or internet availability (Connection required on first time use).
• Comprehensive set of utilities and tools that will help you plan your trip. Organize checklist, send postcards, bringing a collection of useful travel apps within a single app.
• Discover people, places and culture with information about upcoming local events.
Designed and developed by the travelers, for the travelers that works in all parallel universe!
Packed with insider tips and in-the-know advice, this free Montreal city guide will help you avoid all the tourist traps so you can experience the city like a local.
GuidePal’s intelligent and inspiring mobile city guides are created by a unique collaboration between city locals and leading travel journalist who handpick only the best their city has to offer.
Our travel guide provides an authentic experience all via the latest app technology, and will give you insider information on the best attractions, sights, shops, restaurants, nightlife (bars and clubs) and museums.
It’s all about travelling like a local with GuidePal.
- Offline map of Montreal
- 100% offline – no roaming charges
- Augmented reality
- Sharing functions
- Travel itinerary
- Available for Android, iPhone, Blackberry and WP7 (Windows phone)
Up for more traveling in Canada or to other parts of the world? Check out one of GuidePal’s other 60+ city guides.
Gogobot's Montreal City Guide offers the best personalized guide to Sin City. Canada's second largest city is also second to Paris for the world's largest French-speaking populations, but yet, bilingual Montreal makes perfect sense. Of its four universities, two instruct in English and two in French. Immigrants bring in another hundred languages each year and the city thrives off the juxtaposition. Sip coffee at an elegant cafe on a cobblestone street in Old Montreal, or check out a heavy metal concert at the Parc Jean-Drapeau, site of the 1967 World Expo. The entertainment complex also has a Formula 1 racing circuit, artificial beach, huge pool and even a casino. Throughout the year, Montreal hosts a variety of festivals, from fireworks competitions to jazz performances. During the evenings, grab tickets for a Canadiens hockey game or Cirque du Soliel (founded in Montreal), or stop by one of the restaurants that put Montreal on many Top Five Dining Cities in North America' lists. Hotels range from small stone 18th century homes to sleek modern high-rises.
What users love about the Gogobot Montreal Travel Guide:
✓ EXPLORE Montreal to the fullest.
✓ PLAN your next trip easily and discover where friends have been!
✓ BOOK a hotel on the go with just a tap.
✓ CREATE stunning photo postcards and reviews of places you've visited.
✓ GET INSPIRED with postcards and reviews by friends and travelers like you
✓ JOIN a community of passionate travelers from around the world.
Gogobot Tribes are communities of travelers who share common interests. Are you a trail-blazing jet-setter with an adrenaline addiction? The Adventure Tribe may be for you. Feel at home in high-end hotels in exotic locations? Check out the Luxury Tribe for great tips. Always on top of the latest local hotspots? The Trendsters Tribe and Nightlife Tribe is where you'll find your groove. With 19 Tribes, and more on the way, travel advice has never been more personal!
Share your experiences with your friends. Turn your photos into digital postcards and customize them with filters to make them look beautiful. You can share your postcards with friends via Facebook, Twitter, email or SMS. You can also browse beautiful postcards from around the world on the "Featured" feed.
What users are saying:
“Love this app, love the idea of tapping into my Facebook friend network for travel tips. Also love making postcards :)” – Paul, Australia
"I used to use Frommer's and Lonely Planet - now I use Gogobot for my ultimate travel guide." – Erica, NYC
"If you like TripAdvisor, Gogobot will blow your mind" – Michael Arrington, TechCrunch
"Its like Yelp for travel!" - Connie, San Jose, CA
- Alert relevant city divisions in case of an issue
- Suggest structural improvements in Montreal's neighborhoods
- Discover practical, sustainable actions to add to their daily routine
Using maps showing the city as well as its neighborhoods, the citizen participating becomes part of a broader community, working together for a better Montréal.
If you have any question or have a new location in mind that you would like to share, you can simply submit it in app or email us.
You can list all cafes near your current GPS location or select a Montreal neighborhood by name or postal code.
The app provides an overview map with offline cache, allowing you to view the map without internet connection.
Just select the menu option Overview Map on the WiFi Spot List Screen when you have an internet connection. The app will then store this map on your device so that you can later also view it without internet access.
The WiFi Spot Details screen provides a menu option to view the WiFi spot location on Google Maps or on the Overview Map. But only the Overview Map can be used without internet access.
This app has also a subway map and shows the WiFi spots near a Montreal Metro station.
- View Free WiFi Spot locations on a map with offline cache
- Get free WiFi internet for your phone or laptop
- Find free WiFi spots when your phone Internet is too slow
- Avoid data roaming charges when traveling to Montreal
- Find a Cafe with a free WiFi hotspot near your GPS location
- Select a Montreal Neighborhood by name or postal code
- Search WiFi spot near a Subway station
- The App can also be used without Internet connection
- The App can also be used without GPS
*New: Subway map and search WiFi spot near subway station.
Running in the background as a lightweight service, it saves the connection/disconnection event into a power connection history. User can also receive a notification with/out sound or vibration. This app does NOT manage any other phone functionalities, such as WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, etc. There are other apps for that…
SnooZy can also be used as an auto-lock on unplug or simply as for power connection history.
This app can be useful to save battery when using a solar charger, a cycling dynamo or a wireless charger where power connectivity can be a bit hectic.
It was initially developed as a fix for battery drain issues on Samsung Galaxy Nexus: some devices randomly detect a power connection without any charger being actually connected to the phone.
This would drain the battery because of the screen turning on to display the "Charging" message, multiple times per hour till screen timeout.
SnooZy Charger is an open source project, available on GitHub: https://github.com/mudar/SnooZy
Source code is released under the GPLv3 license from the Free Software Foundation.
Many thanks to G&A!
Some users have asked about uninstalling the app: on some devices, first you'll need to deactivate the app as a Device Manager. There's a shortcut for that in SnooZy's settings (last item). Once deactivated, you can uninstall as usual. Please note that this is an Android feature, not SnooZy's!
We become more conscious of our phones as our lives become increasingly connected. Would you like to disconnect, if only for a moment? Your phone will go silent and disconnect from the world: no e-mail, no status updates, no SMS and no phone calls. Choose how long you wish to disconnect (up to 3 hours).
Originally developed by Kwame Corporation for the upcoming Fairphone, Peace of Mind+ aims simply to bring this beautiful app to other devices, and for Fairphone owners patiently waiting to receive their phone!
Peace of Mind+ is an open-source project released under the Apache License version 2.0. Source code is available on GitHub https://github.com/mudar/Fairphone
- Turn Airplane mode on for up to 12 hours.
- Settings to set choose mode (Airplane/Silent) and maximum duration (3, 6 or 12 hours).
- Home screen and lock screen widgets, DashClock extension.
- Supports all Android devices using Android ICS (4.0) or later.
- On Android 4.2+ devices, the app requires Root privileges to enable the Airplane Mode. On non-rooted phones (or if SU is declined) the app enables Silent Mode instead. This is due to security changes introduced by Google in Android SDK version 17.
Note: Peace of Mind+ is basically Airplane Mode with a timer. All phone calls, including emergency calls, are disabled during the Airplane/PeaceOfMind Mode. You'll need to turn off the app to enable calls!
Disclaimer: This is not the official App, and I'm not related to Kwame Corporation or the Fairphone project, except for buying the phone. Credit (and many thanks) go to Fairphone/Kwamecorp!
- Fire Stations;
- Neighbourhood Police Stations (SPVM);
- Water Supplies – Contingency measures: Locations of water supplies available to the populcation in case of heat wave or other events related to public safety;
- Emergency accomodation centres and air conditioned public places.
The source of the data is the City of Montreal on its Open Data Portal.
Patiner Montréal provides you with daily updated information about conditions and services of Montréal's outdoor rinks.
Patiner Montréal for Android is an open source project to promote Open Data in Montréal. With the help of an other Montréal Ouvert project, the app retrieves information published by the city to bring it to your phone.
Enjoy the Winter!
Graphic Design by Noémie Darveau.