Going somewhere and you're not sure if you need to bring your umbrella? Want to check if there's going to be fresh powder snow on the slopes in Tahoe tomorrow? Check Raindar! Raindar displays animated Doppler radar images on your Google Map. When you start Raindar it automatically focuses on your location so you can quickly see if there is precipitation coming your way. When pressing the search button on your phone you can now also search for locations within the US!
Raindar works out of the box but has many configuration options (see the recent changes page).
- green/yellow/red is rain
- blue/white is snow
Raindar can now also display storm tracks! It displays different icons for each of the 4 types of storms:
- Yellow circle: thunderstorm
- Yellow square: Hail Storm
- Yellow diamond: Rotating Thunderstorm (Mesocyclone)
- Magenta triangle: Tornado Vortex Signature (pretty heavy!)
When clicking on one of those icons a dialog will appear with detailed information.
The storm tracks also display the direction and speed of the storm in the form of an arc. The arc is split in 3 parts: 20, 40 and 60 minutes until the storm reaches that area.
On Google TV:
- Use the D-pad for navigate up/down/left/right
- Use the media forward/back or next/previous buttons to zoom in and out
Radar images and storm track data courtesy of Weather Underground. Raindar displays images from the WunderMap.
Geocoding courtesy of GeoNames.org.
If you find a bug, or have suggestions, contact me by email.
Useful assistant for everything outdoors like cycling, biking or hiking.
For the latest news follow us on Twitter: @rainalarm
The data used originates from governmental weather services. Works in the USA (including Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Guam), Canada, Mexico, El Salvador, Argentina, Australia, Taiwan, Japan, Republic of Korea, Malaysia, Singapore, Brunei, the UK, Ireland, Germany, Austria, Finland, Norway, Iceland, the Netherlands, Spain (including the Balearic and the Canary Islands), Slovenia, Croatia, Belarus, Ukraine, Russia.
If your device did not include Google Maps and you have installed it in a non-intended way, the app might not work. Please use instead Rain Alarm OSM, which does not require Google Maps.
Limitations to Rain Alarm Pro:
* Fixed update interval of 30 minutes
* Fixed search radius of 47 miles / 75 km
* Vibration within 47 mi / 75 km and notification only within 19 mi / 30 km
* Location update only on demand
* No manual location
* Fixed animation interval of 120 minutes, fixed animation rate of 30 min, fixed map transparency
* No customized alarms, no sound, no speech output
* Just 2 widget themes - only with a black background
* Sony SmartWatch only used for notifications (no widget and app)
INTERNET - loading precipitation data
VIBRATE - alarm
ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION, ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION - location
ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE, ACCESS_WIFI_STATE - check connectivity
CHANGE_WIFI_STATE - Pro: optionally activate Wi-Fi when no other connectivity
WAKE_LOCK - occasional background service will not be interrupted by device sleep (otherwise you might not get alarms)
RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED - initiate background service when device starts
WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - cache will be stored on external memory to save space on internal memory
Smart Connect extension for SmartWatch 2
LiveWare™ extension for SmartWatch
LiveWare™ extension for Smart Wireless Headset pro
Keywords: doppler, radar map, thunderstorm, outdoor, weather, rain alert, snow, precipitation, thunderstorm, outdoor, hiking, biking, cycling, motorcycle, bicycle, convertible, regen-alarm, regenalarm, rainalarm
Weather radar data is refreshed every 6 minutes. Although the default user settings are appropriate for most users, some users like to configure optimal settings for their area and personal taste. Tempest weather radar allows users to change the number of frames per animation, cloud transparency, radar type and range of both NEXRAD and TDWR radars. Storm tracking, ground clutter elimination, image smoothing and rain/snow options can also be controlled. Since the familiar Google Maps is used, the user can enable Satellite View and Traffic View if desired.
NEXRAD radar parameters include:
Base Reflectivity N0R
Base Reflectivity N1R
Base Reflectivity N2R
Base Reflectivity N3R
Base Reflectivity N0Z
World Base Reflectivity 00Q
Base Radial Velocity N0V
Base Radial Velocity N1V
Mean Radial Velocity N0S
Mean Radial Velocity N1S
Mean Radial Velocity N2S
Mean Radial Velocity N3S
Total Surface Rainfall NTP
One Hour Rainfall N1P
TDWR radar parameters include:
Base Reflectivity TR0
Base Reflectivity TR1
Base Reflectivity TR2
Long Range Reflectivity TZL
Base Radial Velocity TV0
Base Radial Velocity TV1
Mean Radial Velocity TV2
WSR Base Reflectivity N0Q
WSR Base Reflectivity NAQ
WSR Base Reflectivity N1Q
WSR Base Reflectivity NBQ
WSR Base Reflectivity N2Q
WSR Base Reflectivity N3Q
WSR Base Radial Velocity N0U
WSR Base Radial Velocity NAU
WSR Base Radial Velocity N1U
WSR Base Radial Velocity N0U
WSR Base Radial Velocity NBU
WSR Base Radial Velocity N2U
WSR Base Radial Velocity N3U
WSR Digital Storm Total Precipitation DSP
WSR Surface Rainfall 1 hour N1P
WSR Surface Rainfall storm total NTP
WSR Mean Radial Velocity N0S
WSR Mean Radial Velocity N1S
WSR Mean Radial Velocity N2S
WSR Mean Radial Velocity N3S
Although initially designed as a weather radar only solution, Tempest weather radar can retrieve current local weather conditions, 10 day forecast and hourly forecast data by tapping on the red location icon. Alternatively, "long pressing" on a map location will bring up the weather forecast of that location.
Currently, Tempest weather radar overlay data is available only for the USA and the bordering regions of Canada and Mexico. Also, Tempest weather radar is currently only available on the android platform.
Thanks for trying Tempest Weather Radar. We hope you enjoy it!
This program is under active development.
Weather radar and forecast data provided by wunderground.com
Maps provided by google.com
Tempest weather radar... the ultimate storm tracking app for your android device.
Why do they love it? In a word – Design. The app has a simple, yet beautiful interface that makes getting the weather elegant and fun. The groundbreaking UI, combined with a powerful set of weather tools, makes 1Weather the #1 choice.
“Top 25 apps you should download right now” – CNN Tech
"The Most Attractive, Feature-Packed Android Weather App We’ve Ever Seen" – Lifehacker
“The most beautiful weather app we’ve ever seen” – Android Police
“A Game Changing, Gorgeous Weather App” – Android Static
· Real-time local weather and forecasts worldwide (Current + 48-hour)
· 10-day extended forecast and precipitation info
· Hourly forecast and precipitation info
· Live-Weather background, dynamic photo backgrounds (Dogs, cats, cars, sports and more!), or create your own unique custom background
· Follow my location – Your weather automatically updated whenever you are on the move
· LIVE animated radar plus severe weather layers including fire, flood, freezing, hurricane, ice, snow, tornados, wind, and winter (US only)
. Comprehensive map layers including: radar, clouds, surface temperature, dew point, relative humidity, wind speed, and UV Index
· Animated sunrise, sunset, and Lunar phase
· Save multiple locations to access quickly and easily
· Gorgeous widgets you can add to your home screen, including 3 clock widgets
· Share weather information (including screenshots and alert text) with friends and family via email, text, Twitter, Facebook, Google+, etc.
· National Weather Service Area Forecast Discussion provides overview for your area from NWS meteorologists
· True server-based push alerts for NWS supported locations with configurable notification options by location and alert level (watches, warnings, advisories)
· Configurable Ongoing notification shows current conditions for dynamic “My Location” or a location of your choice.
· DashClock integration allowing you to select a location of your choice
· More than 25 different languages available
· Customizable Units:
Temperature: Fahrenheit or Celsius
Wind: mph, kph, m/s, knots and Beaufort scale
Pressure: Inches of mercury, millibars, millimeters of mercury
Distance: Miles, Kilometers
NOAA Radar and Alerts is a Live Wallpaper which displays live radar images for the US location of your choosing. When enabled, the NOAA Radar and Alerts wallpaper will display live weather radar images obtained from the NOAA National Weather Service in your background. You can also enable the optional weather alerts. Choose up to five counties to receive alerts for, set your threshold and receive NOAA weather alerts as notification in your status bar.
This new "Pro" version includes the new stand-alone, launchable radar app in addition to the live wallpaper version. We've been getting slammed for the 'blank screen' problem that accompanied this new functionality and I've been working hard to solve it. This release includes a significant update which provides a 'Compatibility Mode' that remedies this situation on most phones. Compatibility Model also helps with the missing overlays some users have been experiencing. Please give us a good review if you like the app.
* Now includes Radar for Guam and Alerts for the Mariana islands
* Ability to select from any NOAA-supported US region
* Configurable layers: Radar + Topography, County Boundaries, Highways and/or City Labels
* Pinch/Zoom/Move to position your radar map
* Configurable update frequency
* Ability to use Weather Alert feature separate from Live Wallpaper
* Portrait or Landscape mode
* Optional Weather Alerts as notifications
* Receive alerts for multiple counties (US, Guam, and Virgin Isles)
* Any, Statement, Advisory, Watch or Warning alert thresholds
Install application, then select as wallpaper (from Home, touch: Menu key, Wallpaper, Live wallpapers). On the Settings screen, choose your Location and any other options settings, then touch "Set wallpaper". At the home screen, double-tap to enable positioning and pinch/zoom of the map - the wallpaper will respond to your left/right/up/down and pinch/zoom gestures. Double-tap again to exit positioning mode.
You can also zoom & position the app in the stand-alone mode and the settings will carry over to your wallpaper view.
You can receive NOAA weather alerts without using the NOAA Radar as your wallpaper. Just 'Enable Alerts' unders Settings and leave your wallpaper alone.
Compatibility Mode should help with some devices that are experiencing the 'blank overlays' issue. When compatibility mode is on, the app will operate the same as it does on low-memory device: Overlays are merged to conserve graphics memory and displayed on top of radar. Topographic overlay is not available. Overlays are cropped to 512 pixels high, leaving small top and bottom margins in the overlay.
NOTE that past radar images may not always be available from NOAA - Updates are dependent on the availability of an internet connection and images published by NOAA.
Adapted from a professional weather broadcast tool used by TV presenters around the world, MeteoEarth truly brings the weather to life using high-end gaming technology and extraordinary graphics.
• Navigate the 3D globe at the touch of a button
• Zoom in and out and spin seamlessly from place to place
• Pause to highlight particular weather conditions and move easily back and forward
• Save an unlimited number of favourite locations
• Track cloud movement, thunderstorms, high and low pressure systems
• Choose which layers to display (for example, cloud cover, rain or wind) – the Premium option supports the simultaneous display of several of these weather layers
This interactive app never fails to amaze and impress as you home in on a rain front moving over Europe and then smoothly move about to show cloud cover, wind streams, rain or snow heading for the Rocky Mountains. Some of the latest new features include:
• Enjoy the more detailed temperature map with beautiful visuals of the geographic terrain
• Look at the weather via images from tens of thousands of live webcams covering popular destinations around the world - through a link with webcams.travel
• Download the data and continue to use MeteoEarth even when there is no signal
You can really show off with MeteoEarth – here are just a few of the additional elements:
• Switch to climate data mode for a global overview of climatic conditions or to check the weather in a holiday destination at any time of the year
• View precise information for a specific location using the magnifying glass
• Complement your MeteoEarth forecasts with more detailed observational data from WeatherPro using a direct connection between the two apps
Choose the MeteoEarth Premium option for extended five day forecasts and full access to the Tropical Storm Tracker. It also supports checking wind conditions at any altitude right up to the jetstream; and displaying several weather layers (for example, cloud cover, rain or pressure) in combination. One subscription covers Premium services on both MeteoEarth and WeatherPro.
For status updates please follow MeteoEarth at http://twitter.com/meteoearth or visit www.MeteoEarth.com for further detail.
- AEMET – La Agencia Estatal de Meteorología de España
- MeteoGalicia – La Consellería de Medio Ambiente, Territorio e Infraestructuras de la Xunta de Galicia
- MeteoCat – El Servicio Meteorológico de la Generalitat de Catalunya.
- Euskalmet - Agencia estatal de meteorología de Euskadi
- EumetSat – La agencia europea que gestiona la explotación del satélite Meteosat y otros satélites (European Organisation for the Exploitation of Meteorological Satellites).
Incluye predicciones, animaciones de radar y de satélite de las principales regiones de España y parte de Europa.
- ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡SIN PUBLICIDAD!!!!!!!
- Predicción meteorológica general, por Comunidades Autónomas y ahora por municipios por horas.
- Radares: Imágenes de radar de España, Galicia, Catalunya y País Vasco.
- Imágenes del satélite Meteosat para Europa.
- Añadida la función de favoritos, para navegar por los mapas rápidamente.
- Adaptado para modo apaisado (horizontal). Adaptado para diferentes resoluciones de dispositivos.
- También para dispositivos Android TV.
- Todas las animaciones se pueden ampliar para poder ver mejor cada zona, incluso cuando se están reproduciendo.
- Las imágenes se muestran en tu horario local, no en horario UTC.
- Mejoras de navegación. Navegación más rápida.
- Mejorada la cache temporal. Se reducen los datos que tienes que bajar, porque sólo bajas las imágenes UNA VEZ!!!!. Olvídate de cargar las imágenes o cargar Google Maps continuamente!!!!!
- La aplicación se instala en memoria o en la tarjeta SD, si se dispone.
Si la aplicación es de utilidad envía algún comentario, puntúala o si tienes alguna sugerencia o encuentras algún error envía un email a: "email@example.com", para así poder contribuir a mejorar la aplicación.
Hay una cuenta en Twitter: @meteoradares para que estéis informados, podáis quejaros, pedir mejoras, seguirme o lo que creáis. Intentaré estar lo más pendiente posible.
• Quickly view an HD animated doppler weather radar for anywhere in the contiguous United States.
• Check the current temperature and other weather conditions in any U.S. city.
• Read the latest alerts and hazardous weather discussion from the NOAA NWS in your area.
• Weather radar, alerts, and forecast all come directly from your local NOAA NWS office.
• Forecasts from the NOAA NWS are some of the most accurate available.
Whether you want to know when it will rain, or you need to know how strong the storms are on the horizon and which direction they're moving, install the Radar Express weather radar app on your mobile phone or tablet now.
Radar Express is neither affiliated with nor endorsed by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration or the National Weather Service. It is an unofficial app.
- realtime display of lightning data
- display of historical lightning data of the last 24 hours
- support for regions Europe, USA and Australia/New Zealand
- lightning strike time color coded
- reduced data volume and fast response
- current lightning strike time and lightning count
- optional user location display
- alarm function shows distance/direction of storms
- alarm background service
- support for notifications and vibration alarm
- single stroke display for blitzortung.org participants
The raster display ensures a fast performance of the application even if there is a very high thunderstorm activity. Blitzortung.org participants can visualize all stroke locations individually.
If you would like to contribute to a translation of the software in your language, please do not hesitate to contact the author of the software.
Note to Australian/US west coast users: The blitzortung.org network is currently concentrated on the eastern part of the continent. If you would like to help to extend the coverage to other parts of australia/US, please participate in the blitzortung.org network. Further information can be found here http://blitzortung.org/Webpages/index.php?page=2. Thank you!
Project Repository: https://github.com/wuan/bo-android
Please note that version 1.1.0 does not work on devices where freed wakelocks do not ignore the timeout if they are already free, but crash the application instead. This is solved with 1.1.1
Love the Moon? Get this 3-D simulation, with Live Wallpaper, Widgets, Monthly Calendar and more!
Hold the Moon in your hand with this stunning 3-D simulation of Moon phases with data updated in real time. Swipe back and forth to move through the phases of the Moon. This app has all the data you need including Moon rise/set times, illumination, Moon phase name , zodiac location and the distance to the Moon, all in a beautiful, elegant app that's fun to use. It's even got a monthly calendar so you can see what the Moon will look like over the months.
It has all the same features as the Pro version, it's just ad supported.
☾ ☾ ☾ ☽ ☽ ☽
See the current phases of the Moon with a beautiful 3-D simulation made by NASA satellites. You can even see the shadows change on the Moon as the phases change.
☾ "Fantastic application for tracking everything you ever wanted to know about the moon. Beautifully designed as well. " - Art
This app shows you the current phase of the Moon, using a simulation of the lunar surface created by NASA's Lunar Reconnaissance mission during its observations of the Moon.
☾ "Works great on my Samsung Galaxy Note running Android 4.0.4. The moon phase scrolling is very smooth. A great app that gives you "full control" of the state of the Moon!" - Chromeman
You can smoothly drag the Moon phase back and forth with your finger, or even "spin it" to quickly advance forwards or backwards. It's kind of hypnotic, and will keep a child entertained for quite a while.
☽ Beautiful images of the Moon were made by NASA from data collected by spacecraft. Watch how the shadows on the craters change over the course of a month, and see the Moon's libration (wobble) as it completes an orbit around the Earth.
☽ Installation includes a Live Wallpaper and a Widget so you don't need to run the app to always know what phase it is.
☽ See the current date, distance, phase name, zodiac location and illumination percentage: updated in real time. GPS detection of your hemisphere and location to make sure the Moon looks right for you.
☽ Swipe left and right to move forward or backwards in time to see what the Moon will look like in the future or past. It slides back and forth with "buttery" smoothness. Spin it faster or slower. You can even set it to spin through its phases on its own.
☽ Pinch-zoom the Moon to see a full lunar atlas with spacecraft landing sites, mare and large craters
☽ Need to find the next full Moon? You can click a button to take you to the next full Moon or new Moon.
☽ You can also access a calendar that shows you the phase of the Moon for any date in the past or future. You can also see a monthly calendar of the Moon's phases.
☽ Share your phase of the Moon images on all the popular social networks
☽ Supports rotation to Landscape mode or Portrait mode
☽ Press "Start Rotating" and watch the Moon rotate through its phases, all on its own.
☽ Pinch to zoom the Moon in and out to reveal more details on the lunar surface, and then pan around with two fingers
☽ Turn on a full lunar atlas, with dozens of labeled locations, including landing sites, craters and lunar maria.
☽ See the zodiac signs so you can find the Moon quickly in the night sky
Developed by Universe Today. Please email me if you have any questions or there are any problems with your specific version of Android. We'd also love to hear your feature ideas.
Moon images created by NASA/Goddard Space Flight Center Scientific Visualization Studio
Please, support developers of this app and buy ad-free version here:
Zoomin on any country and see either the visual images in daylight or the infrared. The app stores your latest selected country and settings for convenience.
Checkout http://sat24.com for additional information or weather data.
You are invited to get something new. Widget that is unparalleled. Thanks to the schedules you can in just a few seconds to recognize and remember the change of weather for the whole week. You do not have to look closely to icons and numbers, as in conventional widgets. Thanks to the schedules you will watch with interest as the approaching warming or cooling, as the approaching rains or snows. Try our widget to see how convenient it is.
Forecast offers maximum precision, made according to the forecasts of professional center Foreca, known throughout the world for 150,000 cities.
The widget includes:
- The temperature of day and night in the form of a graph
- Rainfall plotted
- Wind speed
- Time of last update
- The name of the city
- Button Settings
- Click - updates widget
- 25 languages
- The level of transparency of the widget
- Dark Theme
- Radius of the corners
- Display of
- Display refresh time
- The ability to install multiple widgets for different cities
- Any resizable widget
Please send any suggestions and feedback to the address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Also email us if you're unsure customize your city.
The local forecast, radar, and current weather conditions for Alabama are all within this app, including Selma, Montgomery, Greenville, Troy, Alexander City, Pratville, and the rest of the WSFA 12 News viewing area.
• Highly responsive interactive map optimized for 3G and WiFi performance
• Vertical and horizontal map display with looping
• NOWrad, the gold standard for radar in the weather industry
• Highest resolution satellite cloud imagery available
• Exclusive patent pending Road Weather Index
• Color coded weather alerts arranged by severity
• Fully integrated GPS for current location awareness
• Integrated compass overlay
• Most accurate 10 day forecasts with both daily and hourly detail
• Ability to easily save your favorite locations
• Full featured and user tested
• Weather Widget for unlock page
• Earthquake Plotting
• Storm Track Plotting
• Tropical Track Plotting
• Status bar alert acknowledgement
• Alerts over map on/off switch in settings
• Additional Small Widget
• Widget Configuration (Daily or Hourly view)
• Watch/Warning (Alert) boxes on map.
• Spanish language support; NOTE: Language used in the app will reflect the overall language being used for the device
• Ability to acknowledge Alerts from within the app
• Audio, LED, and vibrate for Alert Notifications
• Feature tips to help users more fully take advantage of app features
!!!!Added the weather forecast for the main cities!!!!
If the app is useful, send any comment, rate it or if you have any suggestions or find any bug, send an email to the developer account, to improve better the app.
Weather data is provided by Environment Canada.
More from developer
gRadar is a fast and reliable weather app that provides worldwide radar images, 5-day weather forecasts and observations on an interactive map (Google Maps). The app allows the early detection of developing precipitation, thunderstorms and high impact weather.
The perfect app for the outsiders and travelers alike, gRadar can animate up to twelve hours of rain/snow radar images so you can accurately tell if precipitations/storms are coming your way.
*US coverage, as provided by National Weather Service (NWS)
*Canada coverage, as provided by Environment Canada
*Australia coverage, as provided by Bureau of Meteorology
*Europe, Asia, Africa and South America coverage, as provided by EUMETSAT
(See exact coverage at www.nbz.ca/gradar)
*156 US Doppler radar sites and 6 types of radar data:
-Storm Total Precipitation
-Storm Relative Motion
*31 Canadian Doppler radar sites and 4 types of radar data:
*53 Australian radar sites and 4 types of radar data:
*1-hour radar image forecast (only available in Australia, Canada and USA).
*5-day weather forecast and current conditions, location-based (Metric or English).
*Weather observations (temperature, pressure and wind) on map view.
*Google Maps features:
-Pinching (zoom in/out)
-Plan and Satellite maps
*Single-radar and multi-radars modes
*Animated graphics with configurable speeds and opacities
*Up to 12 hours playback
*GPS position tracking
Supports, comments or bug reports: email@example.com