Please scroll down for a description of the functions and features:
Introducing Shaw BlueCurve, a new home WiFi experience!
NEW! We've just added the option to auto-pause a profile that has an Active Time Limit, once the limit you set has been reached. No app update required.
The Shaw BlueCurve experience provides superior WiFi coverage, unlocks faster speeds and gives you full control of your network and connected devices. The BlueCurve Home app puts this power in your hands with the ability to set up your network quickly, see who is online, set schedules by users and devices, monitor usage, and turn your WiFi on and off with a tap—all from anywhere with your connected device.
BlueCurve is only available to Shaw Internet customers who have a BlueCurve Gateway.
Features of BlueCurve Home:
- View devices connected to your home network and give them nicknames for easy reference
- Create profiles so you can assign devices to your family members
- Easily view and change your WiFi password
- Set parental controls to manage content, balance online time with dinner time, together time and bedtime schedules
- Monitor internet usage by profile and devices
- Troubleshoot issues easily
- Manage advanced network settings to customize your home network
- Add BlueCurve Pods to eliminate dead spots for a more consistent WiFi experience throughout your home
The Shaw Home app allows a customer to manage and control their home WiFi network by viewing connected devices, assign them to profiles, monitor usage and set parental controls or bedtime schedules. Access to the app is limited to Shaw Internet subscribers who have an XB6 Gateway.
- Android 6.0 & up
- Available to Shaw Internet subscribers who have an XB6 Gateway
- Use your approximate location (network-based) to facilitate the installation and maintenance of Pods.
- Read phone status and identity to make a call if the customer taps on the Shaw Support phone number to initiate a call.
- View your Wi-Fi connections to see available Wi-Fi connections to enable the app to connect to the Wi-Fi network.
- Receive data from the Internet to retrieve account information after login and home network settings of the XB6.
- View network connections and see available Wi-Fi connections to enable the app to connect to the Wi-Fi network.
- Pair with Bluetooth devices to facilitate the installation and maintenance of Pods.
Access Bluetooth settings to facilitate the installation and maintenance of Pods.
Permissions that are not enabled in Shaw Home:
Precise location (GPS and network-based).
Read the contents of your USB storage.
Modify or delete the contents of your USB storage.
Use your camera to take pictures and videos.
Connect and disconnect from Wi-Fi
Full network access
Run at startup
Prevent device from sleeping
For support visit https://www.shaw.ca/bluecurve/bluecurve-home/