SaskAlert is the Government of Saskatchewan's emergency public alerting program that provides critical information on emergencies in real time, so you can take action to protect yourself, your family and your property.
Key features of the SaskAlert App include:
• alerts for life-threatening and developing situations
• alerts targeted for locations you are interested in
• a Follow Me feature to receive alerts near your current location
• geographical alert area shown on a map
• alerts can be easily shared on social media, and by email and text message
• alert details include informative emergency descriptions, impacted areas and instructions on how to remain safe
• easy to setup and use
• accessibility features allow full use by people with different abilities
An emergency alert issued through SaskAlert will:
• let you know what the emergency is;
• let you know where it is happening;
• provide instructions for you to follow to stay safe;
• and advise you when the incident is over.
Alerts can be issued by Government of Saskatchewan ministries, crowns and agencies, local governing jurisdictions and Environment and Climate Change Canada (ECCC).
Government of Saskatchewan Ministries, Crowns, agencies of the province, local governing jurisdictions, and policing agencies issue alerts for their areas of responsibility when emergency events are occurring that have the potential to affect life and safety.
ECCC issue severe weather alerts such as:
• Tornado – watches and warnings
• Any warnings issued for: blizzards, blowing snow, dust storms, extreme cold, freezing drizzle, freezing rain, heat and rainfall, severe thunderstorm, snowfall, wind and winter storm