A high battery drain is often a limiting factor for a great user experience.
With BetterBatteryStats you can analyse the behavior of your phone, find applications causing the phone to drain battery while it is supposed to be asleep and measure the effect of corrective actions:
- Spot drainers based on detailed information about the root cause
- measure the effect of actions to reduce drain, following a simple method
- detect changes in the awake/sleep profile and quickly find the causes (rogue apps)
In other words BetterBatteryStats helps you gettings the best experience with your smartphone.
Please don't use the rating system for support. In case of issues or for any question or suggestion please contact me by e-mail or use the contact information from the about box.
If you experience problems with your superuser app keeping asking to grant su rights don't blame BetterBatterStats but try another superuser app instead.
Keywords: better battery stats, wakelock, kernel wakelock, partial wakelock, reduce battery drain, optimize battery life, save battery, battery drain, saving battery, network stats, alarms, CPU states
- android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE is used only for writing dumps to the SD. In case you don't need that feature please feel free to revoke that permission. It won't have any side effect besides disabling that feature
- android.permission.BATTERY_STATS is obviously the permission to access the internal statistics and can not be revoked without making the app unusable (from Kitkat on BBS will have to be installed as a system app to access this permission)
- android.permission.DUMP from Kitkat on BBS can be installed as a system app to access this permission. It is required to access dumpsys without root for a better performance
- android.permission.INTERNET is required to access the online Knowledge-Base. You can revoke this permission
- android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE This permission can be revoked
- android.permission.RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED is required for cleaning references. Revoking this permission may affect the results of kernel wakelocks and custom reference until new references were saved
- android.permission.READ_PHONE_STATE is required to detect when the phone was turned on/off in order to store references for advanced diagnosis
- android.permission.DEVICE_POWER is required to detect when the phone is disconnected from the charger and store the corresponding kernel wakelock reference. Revoking this permission will lead to losing "since unplugged"
- android.permission.BLUETOOTH is required to fix a bug where the communication to the batteryinfo service stops working
- android.permission.READ_LOGS is required to allow logcat dumps to be saved. You can revoke this right and will lose only the ability to save logcats
BetterBatteryStats is open source so you can inspect/review/contribute and submit issues or feature requests. Please check the about dialog for further details.
** Xposed framework is required http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1574401 **
Intelli3G will intelligently manage your 3G connection and prevent your phone from losing battery when you are not using it. Intelli3G will put your phone on 2G network when it is your pocket. It will not disable your data like most other apps. You will still get all your notifications with minimal battery drain.
- Manual 2G/3G toggle
- Switch to 2G on screen off without interrupting any downloads
- Switch to 2G when you are connected to a WiFi network.
- Switch to 2G when data is disabled
- Switch to 3G on screen unlock
- Switch to 3G when bandwidth intensive apps are launched
- Disable service on call/hotspot/charge
Intelli3G featured on XDA:
I observed the below facts about the Nexus 4:
- On 3G idle, you lose around 3-4% battery per hour depending on your 3G network strength.
- On 2G idle, you will lose less than 1% per hour.
I realized that I was constantly disabling 3G to get through the day. Then, I wrote this app to replace all the manual toggling to conserve battery.
If you have had the following problems on your Nexus 4, do try this app
- You lose a significant amount of battery charge overnight.
- You see msm_hsic_host wakelock (related to 3G radio) eating away most of your battery.
- You get less than 3 hours screen on time on a full charge.
- If you are rooted, install Xposed framework from here http://dl.xposed.info/latest.apk and reboot your device.
- After installing the app, enable the Intelli3G Xposed module and reboot
XDA support thread:
Nextivity Coverage Tester
Nextivity Coverage Tester let you quickly and easily survey the 3G coverage in your home or office,
so you can find the best place to put your
Cel-Fi Window Unit.
How should I survey my home or office?
To start a survey, tap the '+' button. You will see an outline of your building (Tip: this might be a good time to take a photo of the front of the building as a reminder - tap the camera icon to take a photo then press 'Save').
Tap within the outline to indicate where you are in the building,
and wait while the measurement is made, stand as still and don't move the phone whilst the icon is spinning (Tip: to remind you of where you took the measurement you can take a photo by tapping the measurement and then pressing the photo icon).
Then, walk to a different part of the building, and repeat the procedure, to build up a coverage map.
Once you have surveyed the building, you can go back through the measurements you made to find the best place to put your Cel-Fi Window Unit.(Tip: the measurement icons indicate how good the coverage is, red is poor, orange is better, yellow is even better and green is best).
Does Nextivity Coverage Tester know where I am inside the building?
No. You have to tap at a spot on the survey that corresponds to where you are in the building. If the building you are in is a different shape, tap the place that's approximately right, then take a photo to remind you of where took the measurement.
My building has more than one floor. What should I do?
Use the up & down buttons to choose the floor number for the floor you are on before you take each measurement.
How can I tell which place has the best coverage?
The measurement icons indicate how good the coverage is, red is poor, orange is better, yellow is even better and green is best - look how far across the sweep of colour goes - further to the right is better.
What else can I do with a measurement?
You can add a photo to each measurement to remind you exactly where it was taken. Just long-press on the measurement, then tap the camera icon.
You can also delete the measurement from the same dialog.
I have coverage on my phone, but I see a 'No 3G Signal' message. Why is that?
You have coverage, but not 3G coverage. Nextivity Coverage Tester is only looking for 3G coverage because that's what the Cel-Fi needs.
Can I email my survey to Nextivity?
Yes. Tap Menu then Email Survey. That will generate a summary of your survey in a .csv file, and start up your email app to let you send it.
Can I survey more than one building?
Yes. Nextivity Coverage Tester keeps all of the surveys you do.
You can rename surveys so that you know what each one is, and you can take a photo for each survey to remind you of the building.
Where can I get more help with Nextivity Coverage Tester?
You can find more information at http://cel-fi.com/.
Light and fast app which turns Wifi off when no known network is around and turns it on in locations where you were already connected before.
The app remembers the locations automatically. All you have to do is to turn the Wifi radio on at each new Wifi spot.
- Display of wireless network information including serving cell, neighbors (Device Manufacturer Dependent), RF signal level (strength), quality, location, and basic serving network information.
- Supports LTE, CDMA, WCDMA, UMTS, GSM, WIFI
- WiFi serving information including BSSID, SSID, Channel & Frequency, Level, Link Speed, and security protocols
- WiFi scanning of all detected networks with BSSID, SSID, channel, level, and security protocols
- WiFi supported for A, B, G, N at 2.4 & 5GHz depending on device hardware setup.
- Data logging: All wireless data and speed-tests are saved in a log file.
- Additional throughput logging with continual Wifi and Network throughput speeds.
- Exportable log files in .CSV and OptPCS formats with easy sharing capabilities
- Integrated basic network speed-testing with logging (Requires Flash APK)
- Terrain Profile between user selected points
- Google Maps/Sites Integration
- Map View with thematic signal level and basic call event locations
- Best RF Server (wireless, WiFi, WiFi scanned) mapping
- Log file merging and reload display for optimization and sharing
- Easy Screenshot button and image sharing
- Event alarms (handovers, re-selections, inter-technology handovers)
NOTE: For network logging it is suggested to utilize a large processor device
Have a comment or suggestion? Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Power Help call.
- Send automatic Emails to call help.
- Now with Dynamic Contrast.
- Alert Sound.
- Help SMS.
- Help Call.
- Address in Help SMS and Mail.
- Google map link in message.
- One Touch Help via Widgets.
- No ADS.
To start using Help Call, you must configure the numbers and email addresses of people to which you want the alerts to be sent in an emergency. You can customize the alert message that will be sent by SMS and email. You can choose which phone number to use as a reference for establishing automatic calls. And you can decide what types of alerts will be sent.
When you need it, by just pressing the red button on the main screen, your geographic location will be determined and all necessary alarms will be generated to transmit information about your situation to your contacts.
A simple and easy way to calculate tips based on the quality of the service.
Perfect to use when you are alone or with friends, you can split the bill and the tip automatically!
You can easily configure percentages based on the quality of the service, use the pre-config numbers or choose your own! It is really quick and easy!