Like other mapping and routing applications, Ride the City finds the shortest distance between two points, with a difference. First, Ride the City avoids roads that aren't meant for biking, like highways and busy arterial streets. Second, Ride the City tries to steer cyclists toward routes that maximize the use of bike lanes, bike paths, greenways, and other bike-friendly streets while avoiding steep hills.
The app includes bicycling directions for the following cities:
- ADELAIDE, AUSTRALIA
- ATLANTA, GA
- AUSTIN, TX
- BARCELONA, SPAIN
- BOSTON, MA
- BRISBANE, QUEENSLAND
- CHICAGO, IL
- LOUISVILLE, KY
- LYON, FRANCE
- MADRID, SPAIN
- MARSEILLE, FRANCE
- MELBOURNE, VICTORIA
- MONTREAL, QUEBEC, CANADA
- NEW CASTLE, NEW SOUTH WALES
- NEW YORK CITY, NY
- NICE, FRANCE
- PARIS, FRANCE
- PERTH, WESTERN AUSTRALIA
- PORTLAND, OR
- REYKJAVIK (Including all of Iceland)
- SAN DIEGO, CA (Including all of San Diego County)
- SAN FRANCISCO, CA
- SANTIAGO, Chile
- SEATTLE, WA
- SEVILLA, SPAIN
- SYDNEY, NEW SOUTH WALES
- TORONTO, Ontario
- TOULOUSE, FRANCE
- VALENCIA, SPAIN
- VANCOUVER, British Columbia (including much of the surrounding area)
- WASHINGTON D.C. Metro (Including Arlington, Alexandria, and Fairfax counties in VA, Washington D.C., and the Maryland suburbs within the I-459 Beltway)
- ZARAGOZA, SPAIN
OTHER CITIES ARE NOT AVAILABLE ON THE APP.
* Auto completes addresses: Ride the City remembers your previously entered addresses.
* Works in 26 cities: The Ride the City app now includes all the cities that are present on the Ride the City website (www.ridethecity.com). The app automatically defaults to the city of your location, but you can change the default to any of the other cities.
* Remembers your last route: If you leave the Ride the City app for any reason and come back to it later, it will bring you to the last route you generated, just as you left it.
* Bike shops: Ride the City displays bike shops and bike rental facilities, providing contact information and hours of operation. To find a quick bike route to a bike shop, simply touch a bike shop icon on the map and choose 'bike here'. For the nearest bike shops, just touch the 'Bike Shops' button below the map; Ride the City will display the ten bike shops closest to your current location.
* Route details: When a route is generated, Ride the City displays the distance, estimated biking time, and elevation gain. It also tells you if a street along your route is a bike lane, bike path, or a caution area.
* Feedback: We take your feedback very seriously. Use the 'report an error' button on the bottom left of the map to submit routing problems and suggestions, or you can email us at email@example.com. We will quickly apply your suggestions so you get a better route the next time you use Ride the City.
* Updates: Get free updates as we roll out improvements and new features to make the application better. Let us know if there’s a particular feature that you’d like to see on the app by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Internet connection required: Because the app is accessing Ride the City's central routing server, you will need to have Internet access for the application to work.
* Free version: If you don’t want to purchase the multicity app, you can use http://www.ridethecity.com.
Built by Andrew Nagel.
Ride the City. Safe bike routes made easy.
El servei Bicibox li permet utilitzar la bicicleta particular en els seus desplaçaments per la ciutat amb la tranquil•litat de disposar d’un aparcament protegit i segur.
Els principals objectius de Bicibox són fomentar entre els ciutadans l’ús de la bicicleta com a mitjà per a la mobilitat quotidiana i complementar altres serveis de transport públic, oferint un aparcament segur per a les bicicletes pròpies.
Més informació a http://www.bicibox.cat
This application tries to give information about the status of Barcelona Bicing stations trying to be helpful, intuitive and effective.
The classification of the stations' status is given by a graduation colors from green to red to alert the user if the bicycles or the spaces available are approaching its limit by adding a numeric warning.
With bicicleting you can:
- Grouping the stations are near your home, your work, visit often or are your favorites.
- Visit each station detail to view the stations' status close second database.
- View all the stations on an interactive map where you can filter the results by groups created by yourself.
- Search for bicing stations by street's name
- Draw routes on map between locations or stations.
Please, if you find any errors, you have a problem or you want to make any suggestions please email us.
- Information about the stations provided by Citybikes: http://citybik.es
It saves your battery by two ways:
1. The best screens doesn't need energy to paint black pixels
2. This live wallpaper actually does nothing. Nothing is nothing. Not "loading a black image". The back it's blank, so your CPU will be thinking in other things, increasing your phone performance and decreasing the battery drain.
This is an Open Source project, so you can browse the source code and do cool things with it. You can also distribute the binaries of this project without worries. You'll find the source code at https://github.com/rocboronat/NullBlackWallpaper
When installed, look for "Without ViewHolder", "With ViewHolder" and "With Cached ViewHolder" icons in your launcher. They are 3 ListViews, with different ArrayAdapter. What's the more efficient?
This app is released under GPLv3, so don't hesitate to look its code, edit it, distriute it and show it in your classrooms. You'll find the explanation and the source code at http://kcy.me/5l8j
The banana magic icon of this app had been downloaded from http://ztreasureisle.wikia.com/wiki/Emerald_Island and is released under Creative Commons (CC-BY-SA)
And the big picture at Android Market had been found at Wikipedia: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/89/Green_yellow_bananas_dsc07775.jpg
With this app you'll see how many bikes are available at Bicing's stations, have a list of your favourite stations and a map of the whole city.
If you're using this app, rate it!
- The data about the stations availability is provided by Citybikes (http://citybik.es)
- The data about the cycle lanes has been extracted from the PDF offered by Bicing (http://bicing.cat)