- METARs & TAFs from NOAA
- Airports from Airnav.com & World Aero Data
- Convenient unit converter
- Lots of E6B calculations built in
- Leg calculator makes filling out and checking Navigation Logs a breeze!
- A lot more! Want more still? Ask!
FlightPlan is a native Android application for both professional and hobbyist pilots. At its core, FlightPlan functions as an aviation calculator by simplifying many common calculations typically performed with an E6B slide rule computer. FlightPlan makes quick work of your number crunching, and is even used by CFIs to quickly check their student's flight and leg calculations (see Leg Calculator feature and FlightPlanHD's new Navigation Log screen)
FlightPlan for android will be evolving fast. All new features for pilots and their aircraft will be included free of charge. I'm always looking for user's feedback, so please feel free to email me with suggestions!
FlightPlan for android currently has the following calculations and features included:
- World Aero Data
- Quickly convert between common units, including Avgas and Jet-A1 weights to volumes and visa versa!
- Cumuliform Cloud Base
- Density Altitude
- Heat Index
- Pressure Altitude
- Temperature from PA and DA
- Wind Direction and Speed
- Climb Gradient to Climb Rate
- Course, Ground Speed, Wind Correction Angle
- Critical Point
- Distance for Descent
- Distance from Time and Ground Speed
- Ground Speed Required
- Heading, Ground Speed, Wind Correction Angle
- Leg Calculator (New)
- Minimum Flight Level
- Radius of Turn
- Rate of Descent
- Rate of Turn
- Runway Crosswind
- Time en-route
- True Airspeed, Density Altitude, Pressure Altitude
- True Airspeed (Rule of Thumb)
- Wind Star
- Bingo Fuel
- Fuel Burn
- Fuel Rate
- Fuel Uplift
- Joker Fuel
- Point of No Return
If you notice any anomalies on your device please let me know. It seems to be difficult to predict how the app will look on all devices, and I appreciate your patience while I work through any issues that are reported.
If you get within 2 minutes of potentially losing your licence, AirspaceAVOID will alert you by sight and sound, giving you the opportunity to change track and avoid that embarrassing radio call that no pilot wants to hear.
If you're not entirely confident of your chart notations of amendments made between re-printings, AirspaceAVOID is for you.
Other apps show airspaces and might have airspace warning, but are their airspaces reliable for your region? Check the fine print - many are not!
AirspaceAVOID airspace is fully maintained by the PocketFMS Foundation. We pride ourselves in maintaining all airspace throughout our supported regions (USA, Europe, Canada, Australia and New Zealand) complete and fully up to date, with periodic updates which coincide with the AIP airspace amendment cycle, available for purchase at a reasonable price. We can vouch for the timeliness and quality of our data.
AirspaceAVOID will not let you down in the cockpit.
To further help you not stray off track, AirspaceAVOID provides easy and simple Direct To GPS navigation & import of multi-leg flightplans created in PocketFMS - keep the plane as close to the GPS track line on the moving map while avoiding the places you shouldn't go, and you'll arrive in the shortest time with the least stress.
That's what AirspaceAVOID offers - it takes care of the most important tasks with a minimum of fuss. It uses quality data and is reliable, simple, easy to use, and at the most affordable price possible.
AirspaceAVOID provides a radar-like Moving Map display of your location, airports and airspace boundaries against a stark black background for maximum focus on the most important aspects of VFR navigation using GPS. If you prefer, current aviation charts and approach plates like country ICAO/CAA VFR or DFS produced Visual 500 may be purchased as backgrounds for selected regions. Also, beautifully clear and detailed, continent-wide PocketFMS basemaps are available for all our supported regions.
AirspaceAvoid requires minimum Android 2.2.
- Sometimes the app doesn't start on first attempt; starting the app a second time then always works.
Use Airport 4 Pilots in all preparatory and executional modes: including flight planning and en-route lookup. Airports 4 Pilots also includes an emergency "Locate" feature that uses the GPS on your phone to locate the nearest landing facilities, along with directions and distance to each nearby airport. A great utility to use if you are running low on gas.
"Tremendous app: very useful and helpful, with lots of important information at the touch of a finger"
- WRoberts, Chicago
"Lots of info an[d] nice map integration. Good to have offline at some remote airport or location … AOPA should use th[is] instead …"
- FRG Pilot
"Well Done! Very nice App! Pulls up information on the airport in just a couple of seconds. Could really save the day in a real emergency…"
"Well done. Especially like the satellite view of the runway and surrounding area. The amount of data and information is impressive…"
"What an extremely imformative app… The developer did their homework on this one, put so much information in, that you can almost do your flight planning from this app. I have to say it is now one of my favorite avaition apps. I really believe all pilots should invest in this app, you won't go wrong."
"All the information you need for airports in a simple but extremely informative format especially when you need it the most…"
Having aircraft engine trouble? Running low on fuel? No more crash-landing in the parking lot! Airports 4 Pilots will dynamically provide you with a list of the closest landing facilities, public and private, sorted by distance to your present location, and will give also you directions to each located facility, as well as provide a map and comprehensive information on your chosen landing spot.
Airports 4 Pilots provides extra great detail for all public, private and military facilities across the United States, Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands, and Pacific Territories. It includes detailed information on each facilities' runways, operations, contacts, services, supplies, frequencies, FSS and more. It also includes current FAA remarks for each facility, as well as satellite imagery and maps.
Airports 4 Pilots sources current data from a range of sources including the FAA and covers the entire WORLD, from Afganistan to Zimbabwe!
Extra detail coverage is included for ALL US regions areas - Northwest, Southwest, North Central, South Central, East Central, Northeast, Southeast, Alaska, Pacific / Hawaii.
Airports 4 Pilots is fully self contained and does not require an internet connection to operate (with the exception of maps and satellite imagery). Updated data, when released, will be made available via the Google Play Store.
NOTE: Global Database is available by regional in-app purchases, with the entire USA and territories included free.
Airports 4 Pilots was designed and developed by Ndili Technologies, Inc.
It requires GPS permissions for its emergency LOCATE! feature.
In the "Time" section, users can get instant access to UTC/GMT/Zulu time from any time zone.
In the "Converter" section, users can instantly convert between any past, current and future time and UTC/GMT/Zulu, or between any two time zones.
This is beta software. The final paid version is expected to cost ~$15. Your data will not be lost when you upgrade to the paid version.
First Android Aviation Pilot LogBook
- 9000+ airports
- Capture flight details
- Capture crews details (including contacts integration)
- Capture aircraft registration, aircraft type and airport details/map
- Autocomplete for airport codes and flight#
- Quick entry of pilot times and takeoff/landings (long press)
- (Experimental) Auto calculation of day/night times and takeoff/landings
- Allow adding next leg, return flight with details pre-populated
- Provide summary view of hours (day, week, month, year, custom)
- Support export to CSV format
Feel free to rate or leave comments, but please be aware that we cannot reply to the comments here. If you would like your issues to be attended to, please email us.
For documentation (with screenshots), please check out our product page at http://android.nestan.com.au/aviation/intellipilot
The phone will expend a lot of battery searching for a signal to use. Auto Pilot Mode prevents this from happening by automatically enabling Airplane Mode for a specified amount of time when the signal falls below a threshold.
- GSM/CDMA Threshold Slider (2G Only)
- Custom wait times and airplane mode times
- Re-enable WiFi if airplane mode is enabled with WiFi on
- Re-enable Bluetooth if airplane mode is enabled with Bluetooth on
- Allow service to start on phone boot
- Keep user toggled airplane mode
- If on a call, prevent airplane mode from enabling regardless of the state of phone service
- Remove icon on status bar
- Send Anonymous Stats to test new features (Uses WiFi or 3G/4G connection to send data)
Android versions below 2.3.3 is not supported at this time. This app supports Android 2.3.3 up to and including Android 4.1 without root requirements. Android 4.2 and above require root access. It is not possible for any app to toggle Airplane Mode without needing root access, this is not just my app. For more information: http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-nexus/help/toggle-airplane-mode-app-4-2-update-t1995996 To learn how to root your Android device, there are hundreds of tutorials on the web. Only 2G signal detection is implemented. 3G/4G will be implemented as soon as possible.
XDA Thread (Support) - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2698432
-Weight & Balance calculations with editable database of aircraft
-Pressure Altitude/Density Altitude/Headwind-Crosswind Calculation
-Notice to Airmen
-Weather Graphics (Airmet/Sigmet/Winds/Prognostic)
-Abbreviations Dictionary (Weather/NOTAM) from official Notice-to-Airman publication
-E6B (Wind Correction/Time-Distance/Converter)
-FAA Publications (AFD/Terminal Procedures)
-METAR/TAF switchable widgets at two sizes (1x4)(1x5)
Aviationweather.gov and FAA.gov websites are used to gather information.
Please visit my facebook page for any comments, requests and reports..
FIT Aviation's all planes are now in the database. This application is not related nor approved by FIT Aviation by any means. Use at your own risk... Other schools can send their own list of planes so I can add them into the database.
The required data is provided for free with an existing PocketFMS license, or by a yearly subscription obtained as an in-app purchase when this app is first run:
-Europe 69.95 Euro
The subscription provides current AeroData for Europe, USA, Canada & Australia/NZ, published in line with the 28 day AIRAC cycle. It includes current NOTAM & WX for all supported regions and enhanced European WX forecasts from our contracted professionals.
EasyVFR is an aviation Moving Map/EFB which can be used for flight planning, easy GPS navigation and post-flight analysis on Android devices (768MB RAM is the min. to run EasyVFR). It is fully integrated with the PocketFMS Flight Management System.
With EasyVFR you can take your phone or tablet with you in the cockpit, plan your flight, and follow your route on a moving map, always confident of your position and the airspace and airports around you.
PocketFMS has been providing flight planning and moving map systems since 2003. PocketFMS is a complete Flight Management System for VFR pilots, designed by pilots for pilots, that makes flight planning and navigation easy. Our AeroData is professionally maintained to the highest standards, including AIP updates for Australia/NZ, Canada, Europe & the USA, and is used in leading panel mounted avionics.
Currently the following is implemented:
- Unique 3D View (Synthetic Vision) for Europe, Australia/NZ, Canada (up to 60N) and USA;
- Terrain shading relative to aircraft altitude in both 2D and 3D view;
- Full PocketFMS AeroData support including many non-AIP airports, VFR reporting points, obstacles, navaids, places;
- Efficient flight planning. We have designed the easiest and fastest way to create multi-leg flightplans, starting with a tap & hold on a location on the map;
- Printing of flightplan briefings (NavLog,Weather,NOTAMS & Airspaces) using our unique EasyPrint system;
- Digital ATC flight plan filing for Europe and USA. NAIPS NfW file export;
- Quick and easy Direct To;
- Integrated Weather: PocketFMS' renowned Weather Information System provides graphical METAR/TAF depiction, W/V at different altitudes, and European Advanced WX forecast (cloudbase, SigWX - rain, fog, thunder);
- Graphical NOTAM depiction;
- Beautifully clear & detailed PocketFMS base mapping, or official charts for selected countries;
- Practice as if you are flying, while safely on the ground, by connecting your device to the free PocketFMS Simulator: http://www.pocketfms.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=7829
- EFB Documents System with :
- Europe : All European Approach Plates from AIP's, Pooleys and DFS Anflugkarten, many geo-referenced..
- Australia : ERSA & DAP Charts
- New Zealand : not supported
- USA : FAA's A/FD Directory.
- Canada : COPA's "Places to Fly"
- Vertical Profile View for Airspaces, Terrain and Obstacles, for both Planning and actual Flying.
- GPX flightplan import & export.
EasyVFR Tutorials: http://www.pocketfms.com/EasyVFR/tut-FirstRun.asp
•No cancellation of a current subscription is allowed, but we have a 30-day refund policy; if you're not satisfied, please contact us;
•Your payment will be charged to your Google Play account at confirmation of purchase;
•Your subscription is automatically renewed unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period;
•Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period;
•Subscriptions may be managed by you and auto-renewal may be turned off via your Subscription Settings in Google Play after purchase.
Check out these high level features:
- FREE! No ads! Yes, really!
- Dual pane LAYOUT FOR TABLETS!
- Add an unlimited number of your own CUSTOM FIELDS for data entry!
- FREE CLOUD BACKUP through Dropbox!
- Share PRINTABLE reports of your flight time over email, to Dropbox, Evernote, or other services you may use to manage files.
- Access your data on multiple android devices through Dropbox backup / restore.
- Analyze your flight time with complex queries using the Query Builder. For example, know exactly "How much time (and landings) do I have as PIC, at NIGHT, in the PAST 90 DAYS, etc. Find out fast with FlightLog!
- HH:hh and decimal format for display and entry supported.
- Date formats mm/dd/yyyy and dd/mm/yyyy supported
FlightLog is a brand new app for logging your flight time. It is designed with a simple, yet elegant interface that you'll enjoy using.
FlightLog uses an Aircraft organizational approach to log entries to help get you all kinds of cool stats on your flying at the tap of a screen. It'll all make sense soon, I promise!
FlightLog is still very new and evolving quickly. There is a lot more to come! Please send me feedback, and if you love the app, please rate it and let other know!
* Currently two methods of calculation detailed below: Classic and Perfect
* Open to suggestion to add other popular methods
* Max drift: Wind speed * 60 / TAS
* Single drift: trigonometry applied to max drift
* Inbound heading: wind corrected heading to fly the inbound track
* Outbound heading: if the wind is from the holding side, the heading calculated is the reciprocal of the inbound track with 3 times the single drift applied. But, if this calculated heading is within 30 degrees of the wind direction, then only 2 times the single drift is applied
If the wind is from the non holding side, 2 times the single drift is applied
* Time: For every knot of head/tailwind component flying the outbound heading, +/- 1 second is added to a minute
* Gate: If the wind is from the holding side, the gate track is changed by the single drift used for the inbound. If from the non holding side, no change to the gate track
* Calculates where you are after the initial turn, where you should be before starting the last turn and calculates the track needed to join the two positions, its distance and the wind corrected heading
This is completely free; there are not even ads! In-App Billing is requested for future use; it is not yet used.
The app is an electronic version of an altimeter and vertical speed indicator (VSI) designed for pilots to use easily. It does not replace the need for an approved altimeter in your aircraft, but that does not mean it doesn't work. I envisage its main uses are as an emergency altimeter if the one on the aircraft fails, and as a tool to allow trainee pilots to learn the basics of altimetry.
It displays feet above the datum which can be expressed in either hectopascals (equivalent to millibars) or inches of mercury. There are buttons to decrease and increase the pressure datum by 10 units and 1 unit, and there is a special button to use to select pressure altitude which instantly sets 1013.25hPa. In this mode, it shows your flight level as well as the pressure altitude.
I have also added the capability to display a rolling 30s history of indicated altitude and vertical speed. How accurate is your straight and level flying? What about your level turns, rate 1, medium rate or steep? You can't focus on the altimeter or VSI while you are turning! With this, you can look at how well you did after the fact.
Perhaps you use an autopilot and you want to know how well it holds your level? This is probably the exact tool you need!
I have now tested it while flying and it was reading about 60 feet high on the Cardiff QFE. That seemed to be consistent through the circuit when comparing its reading to that of the altimeter within the aircraft.
If you intend to make use of it while flying, please read the more extensive notes here beforehand:
In particular, I do not recommend that you use this as your primary reference to altitude.
You can also leave comments on that page. You can access that page through the "About" entry of the menu.
A screen rotation causes loss of historic filter data at present. All that means is that you have to wait a few seconds (depending on the filter strength) to regain accurate indications and for the rolling history graph to catch up.
This version will not tell you if samples of pressure stop coming in. I'll add that feature back in soon.
I expect to fix the above problems in future versions.
Pilots use radio navigational aids (NAVAIDs) to go from point to point across the country. The problem is that the names and identification codes can be confusing and hard to remember.
NAVAIDer is a quick search tool that searches a database of VORs and NDBs! Search by the NAVAID's name, ID (2 or 3 letter code), or do a partial name search.
• Search by ID code
• Search by full or partial name
• US NAVAIDs
• Canada NAVAIDs
• Central America NAVAIDs
• Caribbean Islands NAVAIDs
• Bonus: Quiz Feature
NOTE: THE FREE VERSION MUST BE CONNECTED TO THE INTERNET AND DOES NOT HAVE THE NIGHT MODE FEATURE.
Upgrade to the full version for all the features; including no internet connection needed! http://goo.gl/frd1zp
ATC: "123ND you are cleared direct Brickyard direct Wilkes-Barre."
Pilot: "...uuhhh... what are the ...uuhhh... phonetic codes for those?"
Simply enter a NAVAID name (or part of the name) and the and the identifier will appear. Or do the opposite: enter a 2 or 3 letter NAVAID identifier to get the full name and state/country of a VOR or NDB.
Bonus: VOR quiz. Learn the names of VORs from around the US!
Tags: Flight Planning, Aviation, Avionics, FMS, FMS Helper, Collins, CRJ-200, CRJ-700, CRJ-900, Boeing, Airbus