After a heart attack, you're told to focus on recovery. Then you're left to figure it out. What are the next steps? Where do you find reliable information? How do you make good health habits and stick to them? Or keep track of medications? And with all that to worry about, how do you keep from getting too overwhelmed to move forward?
Those are just the kinds of questions that inspired the American Heart Association to develop My Cardiac Coach, a free mobile app that can make recovery much easier to manage — and more successful.
My Cardiac Coach is a personalized recovery tool kit you carry in your smartphone. It gives you anytime/anywhere access to everything you need, including:
- Reliable, science-based information from the experts at American Heart Association
- Interactive lessons that help you learn about lifestyle changes and get started
- Progress-trackers for monitoring blood pressure and weight
- Tools for logging physical activity
- Medication-management tools
- Connections to other survivors and experts through the Support Network
- Now Featuring Augmented Reality CPR Trainer
Augmented Reality experience:
Users can give a virtual person Hands-Only CPR while at any location on their Augmented Reality compatible device. By simply delivering compressions at the correct rate and depth, players are rated on their performance and can then return to try again and improve their score.
So, let's get started. Download My Cardiac Coach today.