The application supports the Universal Chess Interface (UCI) and Chess Engine Communication Protocol (WinBoard and XBoard), which allows users to play against more powerful third party engines or even play tournaments between engines. Engine setup features time control, pondering, infinite analysis, hash tables, multiple threads, endgame tablebases, and opening test suites. Recognizes Chessbase compatible engines.
With Chess, you will be given the opportunity to play an unlimited number of chess games. We designed a user-friendly interface to allow any players to enjoy the game.
You can either play with your friends or against your phone. When playing against your phone, you will be able to easily adjust the difficulty to match your current level. Will you be able to beat the most difficult level we included ?
Unlimited free chess games ahead of you. No better way to play, learn and improve your Chess skills.
As you practice and get better every day, we are sure you will see your ELO score go up!
Come and Join thousands of people playing this fabulous game of Chess everyday on their phone !
Play against AI
- Selectable ELO Levels to adjust playing strength, from 500 to 2100, on 50 ELO points steps
- Selectable time per move: changing the ELO and the time per move, lots of difficulty levels can be selected
- Opening book with more than 30.000 positions: ensures variated funny games
- Can undo/redo all moves
- Send PGN by email: This way, you can analyze later your games on your PC
- Graphical setup board, also can edit position’s FEN notation
- On closing, saves the current game and it is loaded when the application is restarted
- Play on internet at freechess.org (FICS) or at chessclub.com (ICC)
- Play as guest or as a registered user
- Seek/offer match rated and unrated
- View seeks posted by other users. Can sort seek list by username, rating or game time
- Takeback, draw, abort, resign and rematch options while playing
- Play, Finger and Observe, can also observe LectureBot on FICS or play ProblemBot/TrainingBot on ICC
- Observe current played games in the chess server or follow highest rated games
- Messages: read and send messages to other users
- Game History: you can examine or send by email all your played games
- Console to see server output and to send commands, also for chatting with other users
- Timeseal (FICS) and Timestamp (ICC): avoids lag problems
- Premove option: You can introduce the next movement in your opponent’s turn
- Option to confirm the move before sending it to the server. Forward and Backward buttons are converted on Confirm/Cancel buttons
- Supports wild chess variants: Atomic, Losers, Suicide and Chess960
- 2900+ chess problems to solve looking for the best moves: problems collected by Uwe Auerswald, from Germany
- Selectable problem difficult (Easy, Medium and Hard Problems)
Simple PGN browser, allows you to open PGN files from SD card or from your email
And with the Best Interface
- 2D/3D board
- Clean, simple and intuitive interface (options appear after pressing the “MENU” key)
- Move by dragging and dropping the piece with useful guide lines
- Also move by tapping the origin and the destiny squares or with the trackball
- Portrait and Landscape mode
- Shows legal moves (as yellow traslucid squares)
- Highlights last move (with a yellow arrow or a coloured squarem, can be configured with a settings option), also move hints (as a green arrow) after a request in the menu
- Many piece sets and board styles
- Shows a dot in the side to move and can show board coordinates
- The material gauge indicates the material advantage using this piece values: Pawn=1 Knight=3 Bishop=3 Rook=5 Queen=9. Click on the gauge to show/hide the captured pieces difference
- Shows captured pieces advantage for each one of the sides (as an example if black captured 3 pawns and whites 2, it shows an advantage of 1 white pawn for blacks)
- Speaks moves, checks and game results
- Different sounds for moves, captures and checks, also vibration
- Option to keep the screen on while playing
This tactic trainer lets you practice in 3 different modes :
- Solve daily puzzles
- Solve offline puzzle packs
- Use the "Progress" mode to get random problems of your level and know your Elo rating
All puzzles are of a high quality and are guaranteed to have a unique solution. The difficulty ranges from beginner to advanced (2000+ Elo).
Other features :
- A free powerful engine to analyze the puzzles
- Level history
- Bookmark puzzles
- Several board themes
- Optimized for both phones and tablets
- A simple and intuitive interface, with no useless stuff, and no weird problems
Keywords : chess puzzles, free problems, trainer, tactic, chess trainer, puzzles free, strategy
- Unlimited free play
- Tactics training
- Video lessons
- Computer opponent
Chess.com is #1 in online chess with million of members from around the globe. Chess.com is built by chess players who really love chess, not just programmers tinkering around.
This great chess game lets you play against a friend, the computer, or against an online opponent using freechess.org. Test and improve your chess skills to become a grandmaster.
2 Player Mode - Play against a friend
Computer Mode - Play against the computer
Random Opponent Mode - Play against others
★ Big international community, chess multiplayer - More than 600.000 registered players on http://www.chessfriends.com
★ Various time control options - Classic, Blitz and Bullet chess games
★ Rated games - Track your rating and performance
★ Unrated games - Play chess online for fun, train your chess openings, improve your chess results
★ Play chess free with friends
★ Strong computer for offline play, 20 strength levels
★ Rankings and detailed statistics with charts
★ Player account - User profiles with real FIDE rating
★ Access your account from various platforms, including web browsers and mobile devices (Mobile web, Android, IOS, Windows mobile)
★ Multiple languages supported
Play against computer with various difficulty level by different thinking times and search deep, including over 600 chess opening and PGN file reader.
You may play online games connecting with Free Interne Chess Server (FICS) or Internet Chess Club (ICC).
Hint function may offers to you for good move.
250 chess puzzles available.
Download thousands of games or openings as online and you may analyze and watch them. Zipped PGN format is already supported.
There is no advertisements on payed version.
The famous strategy board game chess, also known as the royal game, is played by moving the chess pieces (black and white) in turns across the game board. The rules of the game state that a game of chess is won if no more moves are possible and the opponent's king, the most important chess piece, is in checkmate.
We have packed the best strategy and tactical board game in a free app, with three different online variations.
- Single-player: play on your own against the computer. Here you can learn how to play chess or simply improve your chess skills.
- Local multiplayer: the same rules of the game as in the single-player-mode against the AI.
The board game is played on only one mobile device, however not as a computer game but rather by trying to checkmate your friend through logical thinking and your chess pieces, such as pawn, rook, queen, bishops, knight and king.
- Online multiplayer: logical thinking and online strategy with online chess against chess players around the world. Organise your own world championship. If your online opponent has also downloaded our free app, you can play on more than one mobile device.
The online multiplayer mode offers the following functions:
- For every checkmate against your online opponent, Elo points will be credited for your glorious chess moves across the board.
- If you win an online game against an opponent who is particularly good at playing and already has many Elo points, you will also get more Elo points to your player account for a checkmate.
- The more Elo points you have earned by playing chess, the higher you will rise in our ranking list.
- During the game of chess you can open a chat, so that you can chat with your opponent around the world or analyze your chess moves.
- An online friend's list enables you to invite your friends to a free online chess.
- Our free chess app is available worldwide. You can play against opponents from around the world and show them how good your logical thinking and your tactical game is, how you perfectly master your chess moves and chess pieces and how you check and mate your opponent.
- You can see your opponent's country of origin.
Play Chess against online players from around the world, start your own world cup, beat your opponent with your chess array, improve your strategy and tactical game and increase the Elo points in your account. Will your chess moves and chess game checkmate your opponent?
Improve your chess game and become a real chess world champion like Anatoly Karpov, Garry Kasparov or Vladimir Kramnik. Use tactical moves like castling, where rook and king of one colour are moved.
Use different opening moves like the Italian, Spanish, King's Gambit, French, Caro-Kann, Sicilian, Pirc defence, modern defence, Scandinavian, King's Gambit declined, King's Gambit accepted, Blackmar-Diemer Gambit, Nimzo-Indian defence, Queen's Indian defence, King's Indian defence, Grünfeld defence, Benoni defence, Dutch, English or the Sokolsky opening.
We hope you like our free board game, even if it's only available in 2D and unfortunately not in 3D. Chess is definitely more challenging than other board games such as Nine Men’s Morris, Draughts, Halma, the Settlers of Catan, Backgammon, Ludo, Mahjong or Connect 4.
We would appreciate feedback (even if it's critical) on our free Online Chess.
Simply write a mail to the provided support address.
Play against your Android
2000 practice positions
Play online (FICS)
Set up a position on the board
Use as a chess board
Save and edit games
Navigate through history
Uses opening database
UCI engine support
Import and export via e-mail or clipboard
Support and version info via developer website
No ads, just chess
Choose a problem,
Try to solve it by dragging and dropping pieces,
and be helped.
Get a new problem every day !
This is a free and first version so please feedback so as to improve it.
Choose your time control and you're ready to play. The 2nd player presses her button to start the 1st player's clock - and the game is on!
- Large, easy-to-read buttons
- Works in landscape and portrait on all devices
- Quickly customize the app for one-tap access to all your favorite time controls
- Time controls include base minutes per player and optional per-move delays or bonus time. The app supports both Fischer and Bronstein increments, as well as simple delays. The duration is up to you!
- Supports multiple-stage time controls commonly seen in tournaments, such as "40 moves in 2 hours + game in 60 minutes." A glance at the clock shows your current stage!
- Clock pauses automatically if the app is interrupted; manually pause the clock at any time
- Pleasant sounds for buttons and "time's up" alert
At Chess.com, we really do love chess, and *sometimes* we even play it offline! For times like that, we created this clock - and we hope you love it as much as we do.
- Opening books: Internal, polyglot, CTG
- Analyze mode
- Two player mode
- Edit board
- PGN import/export/edit
- FEN/EPD import
- Adjustable playing strength
- One Touch Moves
- Blindfold mode
- Color themes
- Animated moves
- Scid DB support using "Scid on the go"
- Highly configurable
- Third party UCI engines
- Configurable UCI engine options
- Support for "open exchange" engine apps, such as texel and komodo 8.
- Gaviota endgame tablebases
- Syzygy endgame tablebases
- Free, GPLv3
Source code is available from my web page.
The following permissions are used:
Modify/delete SD card contents
To save games to SD card
Full internet access
To optionally communicate with network chess engines
Prevent phone from sleeping
To optionally prevent screen blanking during game play
To optionally vibrate after computer makes a move
* 10 play levels from very easy to extremely hard. There is one level for everyone no matter if your a beginner or an expert!
* Very impressive chess engine which teaches you the names of famous chess openings by showing the name of openings as you play them.
* Play Online against players from all over the world. Get started right away by playing as guest or register for an account at freechess.org (link in the app).
- Get your ranking in three different game modes (Lightning, Blitz, Standard).
- Improve your game skill by watching other players games live.
- Chat with your opponents or other people that are online.
* Send PGN files so you can review your games on your computer or anywhere you like.
* 2 player hot-seat.
* 3 Chess Board colors and 3 Chess Piece Sets.
* Clean and simple interface.
* Keeps statistics so that you can keep track of your improvement.
* Designed for both Tablet and Phone.
Don't forget to rate the game if you like it!
Pengwee the penguin and his friend "The Fox" is out walking one day when the evil alien shows up from nowhere. The Fox gets abducted and Pengwee is now his only hope.
Help The Fox find his way home and when you finish the game you will learn "what does the Fox say"!
This game is inspired by the song "The Fox" by the norwegian group Ylvis.
★★★ FEATURES ★★★
★ Regular updates with new action-packed levels.
★ The game is totally FREE!
★ Easy and fun to play, but a challenge to fully master.
★ Tasty graphics that will leave you hungry for more .
★ Pure, INSTANT fun.
★ Simple and highly addictive game play.
★ Tablet adapted.
Some words from our fans:
"If it was a 10$ game i would buy it"
"I play this every day while in the bathroom. Sometimes I go to the bathroom just to play it!"
"My GOD this is SOOO epic!"
Join the Adventure now, its FREE!