They offer new ways of overcoming disabilities and have the potential to make life easier for the disabled. This is HelpTalk's purpose.
HelpTalk is directed at people unable to communicate fluently orally or through writing with health professionals, family or any other person.
HelpTalk allows users to create sets of actions that represent their needs in terms of communication, with the actions most suited for each disability/user.
When the user taps each of the options the device speaks the selected command.
HelpTalk has features related to communication and emergency:
With HelpTalk, you can create a profile containing the actions most useful to any situation. A user can create a profile suited for their day-to-day life, a specific event, travelling, education, etc..
It helps people unable to communicate in a traditional fashion (people with aphasia, tracheostomized, ventilated with endotracheal tube, muteness, autism, illiterate, other language, children, etc.) to express their basic needs.
When each action is tapped, the device speaks the respective command.
Create profiles in multiple languages (English, Spanish, German, French, Italian, Portuguese, Finish, Danish, Hungarian, Norwegian, Polish, Swedish).
All you need is a Text-to-speech engine for the selected language installed on the device.
Speak any sentence
If what you want to express isn't contained in the currently loaded profile, just swicth to the "Talk" screen and you can write any sentence you want.
HelpTalk remembers the most common sentences typed, so that you can have easy access after writing just a few characters.
Users with reduced dexterity
For users with reduced dexterity, HelpTalk presents two big Yes/No buttons.
If what the user wants to express isn't contained in the currently loaded profile, the user can switch to this screen to answer basic questions.
HelpTalk allows the user to configure an emergency phone number and an emergency message.
When the user taps the S.O.S. button, an SMS message is sent to the configured number. The user also has the option to include his current location's coordinates.
In cases where a user might suffer from any condition that may leave him disoriented (Alzheimer, Parkinson, dementia, etc.), being able to be located by relatives is crucial.
Using HelpTalk, when the phone receives a specific message from a specific number, it replies with the user's current location. For increased security, the user is allowed to set a custom trigger message and the phone number authorized to send the location requests.
HelpTalk uses the device's Text-to-speech engine to speak all the actions.
Android allows you to download and install additional Text-to-speech languages and voices.
You can search the Google Play app store for other alternatives.
HelpTalk provides links to Text-to-speech engines in other languages or with different voices. These links are provided for your convenience only since HelpTalk is not responsible for the development or maintenance of those engines.
Visit www.helptalk.mobi to start creating your custom profiles!
- Call ID - Identify calls from unknown phone numbers before you answer the call
- Text ID - Know who is texting you if they are not in your phone contact list
- Call Blocker - Block spam calls, pesky telemarketers, or scams like the notorious “one ring”
- See social status, weather & news for your closest contacts.
- Automatically build your contacts list with names and addresses from WhitePages as you use your phone
A combined contacts list helps you find everyone in one place: people from your address book, your social networks, your recently identified calls or texts, plus the WhitePages directory of over 200 million people and businesses.
**50 Best Android Apps - TIME Magazine**
**Webby Award Nominee**
**Top 10 App - TIME Magazine **
** Android App of the Week - Gizmodo **
"WhitePages’ new Current Caller ID app is the future of smartphone calling" – VentureBeat
"Caller ID on steroids" - HuffingtonPost
WhitePages Current helps you:
- ID incoming and outgoing numbers, including people, businesses and mobile phones. Phone numbers without a name are a thing of the past!
-Protect yourself against phone scams with alerts on incoming and outgoing calls when a fraud or scam call is suspected including the 'one-ring' scam.
- Stay up-to-date effortlessly with social and local information on your top callers and texters. Know what’s happening with friends and family by seeing status from Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter without browsing through countless social network updates.
- Manage all your calls, texts and contacts in one place. Your Contacts list builds itself automatically based on who you call or text. Find everyone’s contact info easily with a single search across your networks and WhitePages.
- Block unwanted calls & texts* so you control who gets through. Avoid telemarketers, scammers, and even the occasional ex-significant other. (*Text blocking not available on Android 4.4/KitKat)
- Have some fun with infographics about your calling and texting habits. Share colorful charts with friends and family to show how you use your phone to communicate with others.
- Keep your favorite people a tap away on your home screen with the Current widget.
* Caller ID may be post-call on Verizon Wireless and Sprint
No matter what your specific goals are, persuasive speaking can help you reach them. At the core of persuasion is change. Without change, there is no persuasion. And without change, influence is impossible to achieve.
When we persuade someone, we are introducing a specific change into the equation. But a person effectively using persuasive speech is able to reduce or eliminate the natural resistance that people have to change.
Persuasive speech, or simply persuasion, is a type of communication which aims to introduce change at a personal or group level. The art of persuasion can be learned by anyone, which is why it’s the perfect time for you to learn persuasive speech yourself.
Why is persuasion important? People typically move through life with a purpose. We are always working toward specific life and career goals. Accomplishing these goals will be that much easier if we’re able to persuade people to help us. Imagine being able to facilitate the manifestation of your goals through simple speech.
Persuasive speech can be used in any field, too. So whether you are a doctor, salesman, lawyer, or teacher, persuasive speech will have its special uses for you. Another great thing about persuasion is that it is actually a skill.
Persuasion not only requires your personal mastery of the skill, but also your ability to set intentions. The first thing that you need before you can become persuasive is to have a particular intention. Why do you want to persuade the other person in the first place? What do you want to achieve?
Once you have identified your intention, you can proceed to shaping the persuasive component. How will you be able to introduce change without meeting resistance? How will you frame your argument so that the other person will see things from your point of view? These are only a few of the things that you will learn from your own study of persuasive speech.
Here's what you'll discover in "The Power of Persuasive Speech" E-Book:
* How to understand emotions and the subconscious...
* 3 little known, yet simple ways to master simple tips, tricks and guidelines for increased persuasion...
* Secrets from experts that few people ever know about...
* 3 proven steps to understanding how persuasion relates to human communication...
* 2 simple keys (that are right in front of your eyes) to use a more organized approach to persuasion...
* WARNING: 3 things you should never do when it comes to using persuasion to get what you want...
* You'll discover in just a few short minutes why storytelling is an important aspect of persuasive speech and how to use it properly...
* 6 time tested and proven strategies to using persuasion in your conversations...
* When to seek professional help when it comes to persuasive speaking...
* 7 everyday but often overlooked tips and tricks to using basic techniques to persuade people in a variety of situations...
* A pennies on the dollar approach to speaking persuasively...
* How often to use persuasion in your conversations...
* How to use your voice with expression and projection...
* The once famous but forgotten secret that instantly allows you to speak persuasively...
So, go ahead and grab your free app on persuasive speaking now!
tips on public speaking
public speaking techniques
improve public speaking
what is public speaking
public speaking tips
what is persuasive speaking
fear of public speaking
persuasive speech ideas
public speaking book
art of speaking
tips for public speaking
the art of public speaking
public speaking skills
Now you can chat with people around you - even if there is no Internet connection or mobile phone coverage. It just works and it’s free.
Whether you’re on the beach or in the subway, at a big game or a trade show, camping in the wild or at a concert, or even abroad, simply fire up the app with a friend or two and find out who else is there.
Get FireChat now and be ready for the next Burning Man, Wanderlust, SXSW, Super Bowl… or create your own community anywhere and start bringing people together.
Wait, how does this work without an Internet connection or any type of mobile coverage? The magic comes from Open Garden’s mesh networking technology, which FireChat is built upon.
Welcome to a new era of open communications.
We’re Open Garden. Please meet us on Twitter @OpenGarden.
Please help us improve FireChat and get support: http://forum.opengarden.com
• Instantly message anyone around you on Android devices,
• Works even without any Internet connection or any type of mobile coverage
• Chat with one person or with a group of people at once,
• See what people are talking about everywhere in the “Everyone” mode, or create conversations that only people near you can join in the “Nearby” mode,
• "Nearby chat" works best within 30 feet of your location,
• Easy: no Facebook or email login, no password to remember,
• Use it at home or when traveling anywhere in the world.
This app ensures that the Hausa culture and tradition is kept from generation to generation. The app teaches users how to read, write and pronounce Hausa Language.
The app also teaches exact pronunciation of translated language by relating the translated data to the actual meaning of the English data e.g. “light” can mean illumination and can also mean a not too heavy load. The app teaches the end user how to pronounce accurately this type of translations and distinguish one similarly pronounced words from another.
The app also uses English phrase translations to ensure accurate understanding of the Hausa language.
This app is also available in Windows 7 version for PC users, please visit our website www.talkasoft.com.