With this application you can do this things:
- Calculate the exposure time in a long exposure night photography.
- Calculate the hyperfocal distance in a photograph.
- Shooting stars as points rather than traces
Just enter the data and get results quickly and easily.
One of the necessary data is the circle of confusion. This is a different number for each manufacturer and type of camera. Nikon DSLRs generally have a value of 0.020 and 0.019 for Canon but for sure the value of your camera visit this page:
You can also do a search on the web to get this value.
Takes into account diffraction on an aperture for all colors in viewable range of wavelegths.
Contains predefined profiles for over four hundreds digital cameras and backs and over a thousand lenses manufactured by Canon, Epson, Fujifilm, Hartblei, Hasselblad, Kodak, Konika Minolta, Leaf, Leica, Mamiya, Minolta, Nikon, Olympus, Panasonic, Pentax, Phase One, Ricoh, Rokinon, Samsung, Samyang, Schneider, Sigma, Sinar, Sony, Tamron, Tokina, Voigtländer.
You can quickly select focal length, aperture and subject distance by using seek bar.
- Max focal length (20mm - 1200mm)
- Max aperture (f/2.0 - f/128)
- Max subject distance (10 - 5000)
- Display format (Millimeters, Centimeters, Meters, Inches, Feet, Yards)
- Override circle of confusion
- Constant for circle of confusion (1000 - 1500)
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese and Spanish
Android 2.1 and up
With a well-designed, easy to use UI, you can easily configure your shooting parameters and view all the relevant focus information at one place. HyperFocal provides quick setup for calculating hyper-focal distance with depth of focus. It includes an advanced graphical representation of the shooting scene, for a quick & intuitive view of the information.
With the latest update, now you can obtain Angle of View and Field of View values for accurate composition and preparing your photography gear for specific scenarios.
The app can also generates hyper-focal distance table for different f-numbers and lens focal lengths for your camera setup. The app includes a highly configurable hyper-focal distance table generator module to produce customized tables for your camera/lens combinations. You can export hyper-focal distance tables to multiple file formats including html & excel and save/share these for later use.
There is also has a convenient 'profiles' feature, which let you save/re-load shooting parameters. Profiles let you quickly switch between different camera/lens/shooting parameters combinations to save time while switching between your camera gear. You can also save various 'table profiles' to save hyper-focal distance tables for different set-ups.
A comprehensive, regularly updated DSLR database is included to provide support for every DSLRs released till date. The app provides highly accurate results using exact image sensor dimensions for different cameras (most online versions use generic, truncated values of 'circle of confusion'). HyperFocal is designed to ensure availability of advanced configuration options for pro users and serious photographers.
- Sleek, responsive, intuitive user interface.
- Customizable hyperfocal distance table generator.
- Advanced graphical scenario viewer.
- Depth of field / Angle of view / Field of view display.
- Profiles for management of multiple set-ups.
- Easily share, export to multiple file formats.
- Manual circle of confusion / calculate by sensor size.
- Comprehensive DSLR database, regularly updated.
- Complete documentation for technical concepts.
- 100% free, without nagging banners.
- your camera sensor type (small format, APS-C, full frame)
- focal length, subject distance and F-stop
- two ways Depth of Field output (absolute or relative to subject) end hyperfocal distance
- the use of Kanban control wheels* allow one hand operations (useful when holding camera with the other hand!)
- the app remembers your settings so you don't have to select them each time you start it.
Mail us for specific requests!
*Kanban control wheel is here --> https://code.google.com/p/android-wheel/ and is licensed under APACHE 2.0
The characteristics of X10 and X10 (0.08 circle of confusion) are predefined in the application, and the user only needs to select a focal length to obtain the hyperfocal distance and a subject distance to obtain the acceptably sharp depth of field (near/far limits). This feature aims to overcome the issues arising from the in-camera distance scale, which as mentioned in various reviews, appears to have been calculated very conservatively.
- Slider for selecting lens mm
- Manual input for acurate lens mm selection
- Hyperfocal distance & depth of field calculation
- Both meters and feet available
- Supporting both full stops and ⅓ stops
- Minimal & quick interface
Disclaimer: the author of this application has nothing to do with the Fujifilm company.
1. First 3 COC entries are customizable - select one and then press "Edit Camera" from the menu. Enter circle of confusion value and the dimensions of your sensor.
2. Tab for showing the DOF calculations for the range of apertures
3. Tab for showing the DOF calculations for the range of focal lengths
4. Tab for showing the DOF calculations for the range of subject distances
5. Tab for showing the FOV for the range of focal lengths
1. Depth of field
2. Hyperfocal distance
3. Near and far limits
4. DOF in front and behind subject
5. Rectilinear angle of view for the chosen camera and focal length
Inputs for (press and drag left and right to scroll the values):
1. Units (meters, feet, centimeters and inches - swipe the top panel left and right on the first tab to switch units)
3. Focal Length
4. Subject Distance (long press selected value when units is meters/feet to input additional centimeters/inches)
5. Teleconverter (1.4x, 1.5x, 1.6x, 1.7x, 2.0x, 3.0x)
1. Showing custom COC Values only
2. Hiding the teleconverter input
3. f-stop increments, f-stop range start and end
4. Adjusting maximum subject distance
You can set the focal length and f-value of lens, crop ratio of body and focus distance. Also it allows you the multiple settings to compare together. Each setting is easy to distinguish by specified unique color.
In two ways, focus distances can be set in a lump:
• Same length of subject - by considering the focal lengths and crop ratios, set the focus distances in assumption of taking pictures of specified subject with same size.
• Same focus distance - regardless of any factors, set the focus distances with the same value.
The result graph shows the size of the circle of confusion according to the distance between the subject and background, this represents the degree of background blurring effect. You can see the depth of field for each shooting condition visually.
(Permissible circle of confusion is 0.03mm for 35mm film and full-frame DSLR.)
DOF Expert helps you understand the optical characteristics of your equipments.
Whether you use a point & shoot, cell phone, DSLR, camcorder or pro video equipment, these apps will help you get the shots you need, both in the studio and in the field, even when you don't have access to the Internet.
Currently the app contains the following calculators:
• Circle of Confusion - Is an advanced calculator mostly used as part of other calculations.
• Depth of Field (DoF) - Helps you plan which part of the image will be in focus.
• Hyperfocal Distance - Helps you decide the focus distance where everything will be in focus up to infinity distance.
• Print Size calculator - Helps you determine how large you can print an image.
• Minimum Pixels calculator - Helps you determine how many pixels you need for a chosen print size.
• Timelapse Interval - Helps you choose an interval for your timelapses.
• Timelapse Recording Time - Helps you determine how much time will be needed to take your timelapses.
• Timelapse Clip Duration - Helps you determine the duration of your timelapse videos.
More calculators may be added in the future for both photography and videography.
The Studio JPIC Camera Calculators app does not contain any ads.
- Shutter speed
The application allow manual mode, Shutter priority mode and Aperture priority mode.
Neutral Density Filter correction.
Easy and accurate Deep Of Field Calculator (DOF) and Hyperfocal Distance for your camera. Just specify your camera model, the focus length, f-stop, and subject distance.
- Near limit
- Far limit
- Deep of Filed
- Hyperfocal distance
Useful gray card tool.
Change color of your screen in black, white, neutral gray with the possibility to change gamma value
Minimum shutter speed to yield an adequately sharp image of a moving subject.
- precise input of camera settings (now you may type in precise values -- even bigger, than sliders allow)
- expanded range of camera settings -- values like the focal length expand to 1500mm when you type them digitally
- 3 pre-installed background images to choose from
- ability to import your own picture from the Gallery as the back image
See more detailed guide at http://dev.kadru.net
This great tool is based on the works by Harold M. Merklinger.
Visual DOF Pro app supports some most popular cameras / sensors:
- full frame 35mm
- Canon APS-C
- Nikon APS-C
- 4/3 standard
- Black Magic Cinema / Pocket / Production 4K cameras
- Phase One Digital Back (1.3x crop)
The app is very sensitive to memory available in your device. Please test it and see if it fits!
If you feel necessity to add some more cameras / sensors, or you think you see how to improve this app, let me know at firstname.lastname@example.org
TPE is a map-centric sun and moon calculator: see how the light will fall on the land, be it day or night, for almost anywhere on earth.
Ideal for landscape, nature, travel and outdoor photographers, TPE's map-based approach means you can search for any place name on the planet or position the map pin exactly where you want it.
Advanced features include: automatic time zone and elevation detection, correction for atmospheric refraction and height above the horizon. You can even determine when the sun or moon will be visible from behind nearby hills and mountains.
- Time and direction of sunrise and sunset
- Time and direction of moonrise and moonset
- Phase of the moon and % illumination
- Times of civil, nautical and astronomical twilight
- Graphical display on a map (Standard, Satellite, Hybrid, Terrain)
- Rotate and tilt the map for the optimal view
- Compass-based auto-rotation of the map
- Movable map pins - drag and drop the pin exactly where you need it
- Search for locations by place name or enter coordinates directly
- Save any location you want - no fixed lists
- All features available in both portrait and landscape mode
- Does not require network connection for rise/set time, azimuths and sun/moon position
- Automatic time zone detection for any location on earth
- Determines elevation above sea level
- View azimuth and altitude of sun/moon for any time of day/night
- Distance, bearing and elevation angle between any two points
- Import locations from KML files
- Find when the sun/moon will appear from behind a hill
- Compensation for atmospheric refraction
- Compensation for elevation above the horizon
- Maps and elevation-based calculations require a data connection to function
- Locations outside ±80° latitude (very far north and south) are unsupported
- Map auto-rotate requires a compatible device (with magnetometer and accelerometer)
- Requires that you have Google Play Services and Google Maps installed on your device. Most devices already have both installed. TPE will prompt you to install these if they are missing.
Please visit http://photoephemeris.com/support#android_support if you have any trouble installing Google Play Services.
TPE desktop version has been a favorite of photographers around the world for four years. Now you can carry it with you.
Download Photographer. An expert photographer in your pocket.
It suggests the optimal settings for your camera and equipment to be used to make great photos based on what you want to photograph.
- How tos to take nearly 60 different categories of photos: Portraits, rainbows, fireworks, the moon, etc..
- Photographic poses for couples, men and women, groups etc..
- Tutorial for advanced photography
- Special functions like Depth of Field Calculator (DOF calculator), Exposure Calculator (EXP calculator), print size calculator according to the size of the file or megapixels, Timelapse Calculator
- Photography news reader
- Personal notes and settings
A great help for your beautiful photos!
Many professional photographers use a Depth of Field table and carry it around to help them make an award winning photo.
This application (DoF Calculator) makes those complex calculations to suggest to you an approximation of the required settings for the best photograph to take. Use this application to shoot like a pro and get amazing results!
This calculator works with most models of cameras available in the market. It is also suited for most scenes to shoot.
Do leave a comment or feature request and we will attend to it as soon as possible. More background images are being worked on to improve the product usability.
Email your feedback for prompt inclusion to email@example.com
Find us on facebook and leave a comment or feature request at: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002180170700 (Phone-Apps Builder)
App tested on HTC Desire, Samsung Galaxy S, Motorola Droid, Samsung Galaxy Tab, Motorola Droid X, HTC myTouch
- Explanation of the photography basics
- Glossary of photography terms
- Selection of calculators (Exposure Settings, Lux to EV, Circle of Confucsion, Depth of Field, Dimensional FoV, Angular FoV, Hyperfocal Distance.
- Light sensor support for calculating exposure settings
- Where relevant support all major DSLR cameras.
Now supports FEET and YARDS as distance unit as well as small sensors (large crop factors).
Simple to use and operate, just by using your fingers to operate the setting wheels. No clicking needed.
Calculates hyperfocal distance as well as near and far limits of sharpness.
You can use this application with almost any camera as a lot of crop factors are supported.
The COC (Circle of Confusion) can be set by the user, it defaults to 0.030mm.
Sorry, only english at this time.
Network and Internet needed for showing Ads.