Public transport systems in cities have not been able to keep pace with the rapid and substantial increases in demand over the past few years. Bangalore Metro, christened as "Namma Metro", is a project implemented by Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation Ltd. (BMRCL) for the city of Bangalore in Karnataka, India. This is India’s second largest metro system in terms of both length and number of stations, after the Delhi Metro. A commuter will find it difficult to plan his /her trip within Bangalore city using both the public transport services like Metro Rail and Bangalore Metropolitan Transport Corporation (BMTC) Buses.
Namma Metro is a free application officially launched by (BMRCL) in association with Centre for development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC) to enable commuters to plan their travel with Metro rail and feeder bus services. This application will help the commuters to reach their destination by selecting the starting and destination stations which then displays the trip fare, distance, approximate travel time, and stations in between with changeover Feeder bus / metro station along with route map. This has been designed with user centric approach with the following prominent features.
1. Information about Metro stations
2. Facilitations at Metro stations like Parking, Bicycle / Bike for rent, local trains, Metro Feeder Bus etc.
3. Trip planner using Metro rail and Metro Feeder buses.
4. Metro Fare calculator
5. Supports English and Kannada language
6. Rangoli – Metro Art Center
7. Bengaluru Santhe
8. Safety precautions, Metro Etiquette(Do’s and Don’ts) for commuters
• Location based service like nearest metro station
• View your recent trips
• Save tour favourite locations
• Tweet your comments